Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276301 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:08:02 AM

1)

I reinstalled/rebuilt counterpartyd from your fresh code. Now when I run

counterpartyd --rpc-password=rpcpw1234 burn --from=1CrmTo7Rtk6keeBHbN93B3tAMCm31sG5Tc --quantity=0.01

I get the following error message,

Burn did *not* appear to be successful. Full output from Eligius: <HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Eligius - Push Transaction</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FORM METHOD="POST"><TEXTAREA NAME="transaction" COLS=80 ROWS=10></TEXTAREA><BR><INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="send" VALUE="Push"></FORM>
<BR><BR>
<PRE>
Trying to send...
NULL
Response = 0
</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

false

2)
Additionally, when I tried to run the following command,

counterpartyd --rpc-password=rpcpw1234 address 1CrmTo7Rtk6keeBHbN93B3tAMCm31sG5Tc

to check my address balance, I got this following output,

Balances
+-------+--------+
| Asset | Amount |
+-------+--------+
+-------+--------+

Burns
+-------------+--------+--------+---------+
| Block Index | Burned | Earned | Tx Hash |

Sends
+--------+-------+--------+-------------+---------+
| Amount | Asset | Source | Destination | Tx Hash |

Is this expected or should I be seeing my btc balance in my account 1CrmTo7Rtk6keeBHbN93B3tAMCm31sG5Tc in the above display?

Thx.

If the burn is successful, counterpartyd will print back something like this:
Code:
Burn transaction *appeared* to be successful. Eligius returned hash:  814f7c960cb219e258f3414b043938881d9b959686c07be7836528a38b3a6d45
Please note that it may take up to 2 or 3 hours for Eligius to publish your burn to the blockchain.
Once published, it will be visible from https://blockchain.info/address/1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr
true

As it failed, don't worry, no funds will be lost...either the transaction is successfully read and processed by Eligius or it is not.

Please make sure you have the newest version of the source from git (cd into the counterpartyd directory and run "git pull origin master", and you can verify with "git log").

If your code is current, then the problem is most likely on the Eligius side (which from the error message, it appears to be). You may want to try it again a bit later, or, try a higher amount (e.g. 0.05).

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nlsx

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:05:12 AM

reader31: I did try to reproduce your issue and got the same result as you (which is odd because it was working fine earlier in the day, as evidenced by the burn transactions processed and our own testing).

We are taking this up with the Eligius folks and will have this issue resolved ASAP. The good news is that once it is resolved, you should be able to burn BTC successfully, as it appears your setup has been completed.

We are also in talks with some known and trusted 3rd party members of the forums to see if they are willing to perform an XCP escrow/purchase service for folks that don't want to or can't directly use counterpartyd to burn BTC. We will keep you all updated as this develops.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:10:44 AM

@Developers - Can I send BTC to you and burn them for me?
I want to get in ASAP and it is a bit unfair for me as a mac user - I trust that when you will have a working client you will send the XCP back to me!

@Folks who have this running.
I'd like to burn BTC for some XCP, but can't burn the time to rig the environment for this.  If you can escrow for me, I can give you up to the difference in XCP of the early reward for time and the end of month reward.  January is fairly well slotted with other project commitments.
Please PM with your successful burn transactions.

We are also in talks with some known and trusted 3rd party members of the forums to see if they are willing to perform an XCP escrow/purchase service for folks that don't want to or can't directly use counterpartyd to burn BTC. We will keep you all updated as this develops.

Or that.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
reader31

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:50:53 AM

Cool keep me posted...cant wait to burn some btc Smiley

@Folks who have this running.
I'd like to burn BTC for some XCP, but can't burn the time to rig the environment for this.  If you can escrow for me, I can give you up to the difference in XCP of the early reward for time and the end of month reward.  January is fairly well slotted with other project commitments.
Please PM with your successful burn transactions.

will keep you posted once I successfully complete my first burn...

LeoC

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:16:18 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 06:55:48 AM by LeoC

Followed all the instructions but am getting an error when I run setup.py for the first time.

line 956, in install_wheel
    'PIP_NO_INDEX': '1'
  File "c:\python33\lib\site-packages\virtualenv-1.11-py3.3.egg\virtualenv.py",
line 898, in call_subprocess
    % (cmd_desc, proc.returncode))
OSError: Command c:\counterpartyd_build\env\Scripts\python.exe -c "import sys, p
ip; pip...ll\"] + sys.argv[1:])" setuptools pip failed with error code 1
2014-01-03 16:35:35,134|ERROR: Command failed: 'c:\python33\Scripts\virtualenv.e
xe --system-site-packages c:\counterpartyd_build\env'

What version of Windows? Also, can you please post the full traceback on pastebin.com and give me the link (or, you can file a bug report at https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_build/issues)

Actually, putting all of the output from the run of setup.py on pastebin.com would be most helpful.

Here is the pastebin with my full command prompt. I followed the instructions to the letter from http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/BuildingFromSource.html

Windows 7 64 bit
http://pastebin.com/iSTJ1uNk
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:46:05 AM

Followed all the instructions but am getting an error when I run setup.py for the first time.

line 956, in install_wheel
    'PIP_NO_INDEX': '1'
  File "c:\python33\lib\site-packages\virtualenv-1.11-py3.3.egg\virtualenv.py",
line 898, in call_subprocess
    % (cmd_desc, proc.returncode))
OSError: Command c:\counterpartyd_build\env\Scripts\python.exe -c "import sys, p
ip; pip...ll\"] + sys.argv[1:])" setuptools pip failed with error code 1
2014-01-03 16:35:35,134|ERROR: Command failed: 'c:\python33\Scripts\virtualenv.e
xe --system-site-packages c:\counterpartyd_build\env'

What version of Windows? Also, can you please post the full traceback on pastebin.com and give me the link (or, you can file a bug report at https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_build/issues)

Actually, putting all of the output from the run of setup.py on pastebin.com would be most helpful.

Here is the pastebin with my full command prompt. I followed the instructions to the letter from http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/BuildingFromSource.html

http://pastebin.com/iSTJ1uNk

I am running into the similiar issues on Windows (64bit)

"...Installing setuptools, pip...done.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python33\Scripts\virtualenv-script.py", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('virtualenv==1.11', 'console_scripts', 'virtualenv')()"

Has anyone actually got this to run correctly on a windows box?

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
zerodrama

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:17:07 AM

FLUX built on Link built on any coin is looking to do this as well. Only for abstract trades and barter schemes as well.

We'll be glad to share ideas.

Relevant threads:
LINK:
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,5558.0.html
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,6518.0.html

FLUX:
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,6185.0.html
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,6407.0.html
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,6552.0.html

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:31:57 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 07:45:11 AM by mtbitcoin

I am running into the similiar issues on Windows (64bit)

"...Installing setuptools, pip...done.
  File "C:\Python33\Scripts\virtualenv-script.py", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('virtualenv==1.11', 'console_scripts', 'virtualenv')()"

Has anyone actually got this to run correctly on a windows box?

Cheers

If this helps...

Would this have anything to do with an incorrect install of configParser. This was the only module that I was unable to correctly install on windoze box

'----
  File "C:\Install\configparser-3.3.0r2\setup.py", line 12, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1565, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1532, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\setuptools-1.4.1-py3.3.egg\setuptools\__init__.py", line 5, i
 <module>
  File "C:\Python33\lib\distutils\core.py", line 19, in <module>
    from distutils.config import PyPIRCCommand
  File "C:\Python33\lib\distutils\config.py", line 7, in <module>
    from configparser import ConfigParser
  File "C:\Install\configparser-3.3.0r2\configparser.py", line 397
    _KEYCRE = re.compile(ur"%\(([^)]+)\)s")
                                         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

panonym

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:48:47 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 09:17:29 AM by panonym

What a success!
Went from 2BTC to 26BTC burned in a few hours. (might be mostly the dev)
I'm betting your project will pass the 100BTC without trouble.
But 'might stay under 1000BTC.
We will see.

will it be difficult to trade/speculate with it on exchanges like Crypsty/BTC-E before it takes off?
So for the very first we finally have the wonder of a descentralized exchange, and you want to stick to centralized one's with all their risk and problem?
As I understood, they dev have API developpement priority in mind to allow this.
I don't see it as necessary as we have the descentralized one.
But more possibilities never hurt, it's true.
(No idea what API is -.-  but I understand what it allow, basically.)

5. Can a competitor Mastercoin/Bitshares say "hmm. You guys are geniuses, nice code! Thanks! Saves us some work!"
"Hi Bitshares/MSC here, we're releasing the counterparty code, as smart as those guys are,  we have a full time team/company set up already of 5-10 key people and a few million $ in development funding to support it now, so come on over, the water's warm! "
With the addition of incompatible protocols, I would like to add:
Fair & quality lunch matters to me.
The greed or anarcho-communist approach mind too.

Take ripple: over 90% are own by the dev and they wish me to swallow that it is worth 3 billions$? Nice try, but no.

Take Mastercoin:
As they wrote themselve in their doc:
"Mastercoin isn't communism. It is an endevours that rewards early investors, like Bitcoin, or like any startup."
Well, that is not the kind of idea I wish to support. I deal with (anarcho-)capitalism because my choice is low.
If there is a better alternative, I switch directly.
<Perfect communist approach> might be very hard to reach, but XCP approach is good enough to me to let me think "anarcho-communist fair-wannabe".
Even if the dev didn't had these words in mind, I wish to support their quality approach.
The way they do it show they are not greedy, I wish to support dev who reflect that.

Also about MSC, the dev were able to create as much as they wanted for themselves, as they just had to send their money to themself in a hidden way to get MSC.
On top of that, they "premined" or "stole 10%" of every investor by creating an additional 1devMSC per 10MSC created.
Make these dev a team of 50 people with a billion $, I still wanna stay away from them.
Kickstarter-not-needed, blablabla. I don't like their style. I'm out.
The individual has power.
Use your power wisely.

PS: nslx, are you a private betatester linked/friend with the 2 main dev?
Or maybe part of their contacts with Eligius pool?
Let us know when the matter is resolved.
I still need a few hours to sync before testing.
LeoC

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:07:38 AM

I still need help with the error I'm getting when running setup.py
Eriul_Pow

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:35:54 AM

I want to get in ASAP and it is a bit unfair for me as a mac user - I trust that when you will have a working client you will send the XCP back to me!

klee, I PMed you.

I'd like to do the same, being a Mac user as well.  Tongue
Thx in advance.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:58:13 PM

Balances
+-------+--------+
| Asset | Amount |
+-------+--------+
+-------+--------+

Burns
| Block Index | Burned | Earned | Tx Hash |

Sends
| Amount | Asset | Source | Destination | Tx Hash |

Is this expected or should I be seeing my btc balance in my account 1CrmTo7Rtk6keeBHbN93B3tAMCm31sG5Tc in the above display(I have 0.011 btc balance in this address)?

Thx.

The address command doesn't show BTC balances. (Bitcoind won't provide them for arbitrary addresses!)
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

klee, I PMed you.

I'd like to do the same, being a Mac user as well.  Tongue
Thx in advance.

I would also like to do the same. I am a windows user - but have not free space for QT (old pc). Is there a way to send bitcoins to you?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:33:32 PM

How does XCP compare with MSC?

Two different projects with different approaches.

Please elaborate.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:39:17 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 01:59:49 PM by PhantomPhreak

Important update: Now you can use any Bitcoin client to burn BTC for XCP.[/b] Just send BTC to the unspendable addresses '1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr' (mainnet) and 'mvCounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXW24Hef' (testnet). Be careful not to try to burn more than 1 BTC per address. If you do, your last attempted burn will be completely invalid.

EDIT: Right now you should still only use counterpartyd to burn.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:49:24 PM

Important update: Now you can use any Bitcoin client to burn BTC for XCP. Just send BTC to the unspendable addresses '1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr' (mainnet) and 'mvCounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXW24Hef' (testnet). Be careful not to try to burn more than 1 BTC per address. If you do, your last attempted burn will be completely invalid.

Hi PhantonPhreak

Can you clarify on the above? Do you mean that "counterpartyd.py" will now work with any Bitcoin client or are you saying that we can just send coins to the exodus address '1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr' from a client that we have control for?

If this applies to the bitcoin QT client, isn't it possible that the coins can come from multiple addresses and as the client lack "coin control"?

Cheers

PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:01:38 PM

Important update: Now you can use any Bitcoin client to burn BTC for XCP. Just send BTC to the unspendable addresses '1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr' (mainnet) and 'mvCounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXW24Hef' (testnet). Be careful not to try to burn more than 1 BTC per address. If you do, your last attempted burn will be completely invalid.

Hi PhantonPhreak

Can you clarify on the above? Do you mean that "counterpartyd.py" will now work with any Bitcoin client or are you saying that we can just send coins to the exodus address '1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr' from a client that we have control for?

If this applies to the bitcoin QT client, isn't it possible that the coins can come from multiple addresses and as the client lack "coin control"?

Cheers

Yes, I was just realising that. I'll disable the feature for now.
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:02:24 PM

Hi PhantonPhreak

Cheers

The latter.

So,

Do we need to make sure the coins are sent from a single address still?

Also, do we need

txindex=1
server=1

Anymore?

Can I burn from the MultiBit bitcoin client?

Thanks.

PhantomPhreak (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:09:19 PM

Hi PhantonPhreak

Cheers

The latter.

So,

Also, do we need

txindex=1
server=1

Anymore?

Thanks.

I've disabled that feature for now, as it opens up a whole can of worms. (How can Bitcoind still not have coin control?!)

EDIT: Seriously, though, sorry for the mixed messages. I was being overeager.
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:22:15 PM

Hi PhantonPhreak

Cheers

The latter.

So,

Also, do we need

txindex=1
server=1

Anymore?

Thanks.

I've disabled that feature for now, as it opens up a whole can of worms. (How can Bitcoind still not have coin control?!)

EDIT: Seriously, though, sorry for the mixed messages. I was being overeager.

Sorry, I'm totally confused now.

Can you please post the complete steps and requirements for burning?

I would like to give it a go!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: