Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:19:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scryptpools money trail  (Read 16859 times)
smapdi

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:51:47 PM

For argument's sake, assume this is the right guy and that he's watching this thread. If that was me, I'd be shitting my pants. I might even do something desperate - who knows.

I wouldn't want to see something really bad come out of this. Point being, as far as I'm concerned, if Phonetic wanted to come out of hiding and explain himself, I'd probably be able to give him a pass. This is assuming of course that there was some technical foul-up (people being double-paid) and essentially he got to the point where he didn't have the money to pay the pool.

If those bit fat wallets that people have been pointing to belong to him though, I can't see how it'd be anything other than theft.
koppit

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:00:47 PM

Interesting... following the trail, Apsyon.com Whois data:

Before you do anything with this information, make sure you're SURE it's the guy. Anyone in NY? Need another verify before confirmation pls.

I could not find any connection in the blockchain between the donation address that let you to this guy and Phonetic or Scryptpools.  If you did, please post your results.

A witch hunt that hurts an innocent bystander is not going to help us find Phonetic.  Please be responsible and do your own legwork to ensure that you don't dox an innocent bystander!

Nor could I (too many other transactions going on at the same time), but two others did, so maybe they'd care to share the links step by step in the doge chain trail?
muchdogecpumine (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:11:47 PM

Edit: I have been thinking about this, and with the way these transactions are happening, is it possible that they are both just using the same exchange to dump their currency into?

How did you go from this to posting a picture of the guy's house?  If you read my original post, I wrote "It looks like nearly all of the doge mined by this pool are being dumped onto an exchange."  Once coins hit an exchange, the person who buys them would have no idea that they were stolen!  The large account likely belongs to an investor or exchange which, likely without knowing they were stolen, bought the coins that Phonetic sold off.  If coins from other sources end up in that address that does not automatically make those other sources suspect!

A witch hunt will not get us any closer to finding Phonetic and could cause considerable harm to an innocent third party!  Think before you post!

smapdi

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:15:28 PM

There was also this in response to the "is it possible that they are both just using the same exchange to dump their currency into?" question:

i dont think so. thats not how exchange wallets work. although a member of the staff could confirm if any wallets in the alleged chain belonged to them.

I think clueclub is the guy who put us on Marc's trail to begin with. Maybe he's right and we need to start a spreadsheet linking transactions.
koppit

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:17:04 PM

I think clueclub is the guy who put us on Marc's trail to begin with. Maybe he's right and we need to start a spreadsheet linking transactions.

+1 to that
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Keep up the great work guys.  I have just added 5 million DOGE to the bounties (4 for retrieval and 1 for identification).  Let's make an example out of Phonetic and show the crypto community that scammers will be pursued to the fullest extent.
smapdi

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:30:39 PM

Keep up the great work guys.  I have just added 5 million DOGE to the bounties (4 for retrieval and 1 for identification).  Let's make an example out of Phonetic and show the crypto community that scammers will be pursued to the fullest extent.

Wow that's really awesome. Also sorry, you must have an awful lot of DOGE there. Sad
muchdogecpumine (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

That is a substantial sum!  Thank you for the support!  With that much in the pot, we may be able to interest a forward thinking attorney.
mitymouse

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:04:02 PM

How did you go from this to posting a picture of the guy's house?

I posted his house because WTF. That tree is righteous. I wasn't attempting to imply he was guilty by revealing that he lives in a house with a messed up tree in the front yard.

On the contrary I am skeptical that it is the person we are looking for.

I am currently working on a spreadsheet that links the two events together through their transactions. I have also contacted one of the mods to see if he is able to help confirm whether this person might be Phonetic.
smapdi

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:12:32 PM

I am currently working on a spreadsheet that links the two events together through their transactions. I have also contacted one of the mods to see if he is able to help confirm whether this person might be Phonetic.

Nice - I guess I won't attempt the same so as not to do double work but let me know if I can help
namecointrader

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:13:52 PM

Just another update from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362153.1240.
Thanks to everyone contributing to the bounty as well as a substantial sum from Cryptoin. The bounty for the identity of Phonetic has grown to ~1.3 million Doge and a Doge retrieval bounty of ~5.3 million, which totals to ~6.6 million Doge.

Keep up the good work guys  Wink
mitymouse

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:47:26 PM

Nice - I guess I won't attempt the same so as not to do double work but let me know if I can help
[/quote]

It would help greatly if you and anyone else who is up for it could do the same as me actually as I am having a heck of a time trying to recreate the chain I took to link both of them to this address: http://dogechain.info/address/D6JicVw8ntX3BW7x2bKAZM5zWuHDskkDWB

I started here for scryptpools, which is the address that muchdoge provided: http://dogechain.info/address/DBosmYAzYJ22rFoVETozJ7nXYQLeN7r51d
I started here for Apsyon which is listed as a donation address in the link clue provided: http://dogechain.info/address/DK17aeKTQ9TLhkTYNLP6R5urWYJyjPbKmY

What I have been doing is opening a new window in Chrome and ctrl+clicking each link so that it opens the page in a new tab, then I have a trail I can go back through once I find a correct path.

I'm also saving all of the large addresses that I find in separate sheets so that I can compare the two lists when I'm done.

I'll post again if I can find any links again.
st0ned

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:51:13 PM

Awesome work guys!! Nice to see the community doing something to try and stop some of these thieving bastards.
smapdi

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:51:21 PM

It would help greatly if you and anyone else who is up for it could do the same as me actually as I am having a heck of a time trying to recreate the chain

Ok I'll give it a go as well.

I started here for scryptpools, which is the address that muchdoge provided: http://dogechain.info/address/DBosmYAzYJ22rFoVETozJ7nXYQLeN7r51d
I started here for Apsyon which is listed as a donation address in the link clue provided: http://dogechain.info/address/DK17aeKTQ9TLhkTYNLP6R5urWYJyjPbKmY

I was thinking of finding one of my payments from scryptpools and working backwards. Maybe someone who understands crypto coins a bit better can jump in and at least point us in the right direction strategy-wise.
clueclub

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:02:59 PM

you should proceed as it will be good practice. its 46 tabs from the initial wallet listed on the doge forums. follow the 30k transaction for starters. from there follow the money movements. from the git-go, the transfers dont seem normal. there is really only one fork in the road, at one wallet around the 40th tab. and by fork, i mean, there are 4-6 choices for outgoing tx's. all up to that point are mostly single option tx's. money in, money out, 0 balance.

smapdi

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:53:50 PM

its 46 tabs from the initial wallet listed on the doge forums.

Is that really a good starting place? I mean what directly ties that address to scryptpools? I thought I'd start with deposits to my DOGE wallet from scryptpools, but I'm having trouble identifying a common sending address. Not to mention I'm not sure how to weed out any other particular DOGE pools I might have mined at.
namecointrader

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:54:49 PM

Phonetic is back. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362153.new#new
scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:58:19 PM

ahahah he just added that so people will back off while he sells the rest of the doge

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

namecointrader

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:08:13 PM

ahahah he just added that so people will back off while he sells the rest of the doge

Well the bounty is only coming down when we are remunerated.
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:25:49 PM

Well the bounty is only coming down when we are remunerated.
Phonetic posted exactly the same stuff he already posted 32 days ago.  Roll Eyes

Scrypt Pools had many problems and many coins were lost due to multiple payout problems.

I was in over my head the moment the pool went past 500 mh/s.

I did my best to keep it running but I failed. I'm embarassed and truly sorry.

I will find a way to get enough doges to process the rest of the payouts and reinstate my credibility.

Scrypt Pools had many problems and many coins were lost due to multiple payout problems.

I was in over my head the moment the pool went past 500 mh/s.

I did my best to keep it running but I failed. I'm embarassed and truly sorry.

I will find a way to get enough doges to process the rest of the payouts and reinstate my credibility.

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: