Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:15:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure bitcoin ?  (Read 593 times)
Fakhri1907

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

Do you want to secure your bitcoin wallet so no one can open your wallet? Try to save your private key in a notepad, and then delete the file. I'm sure no one will can open your wallet XD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kopceak_MD

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 04:36:31 PM

Buy a cold wallet or transfer your bitcoins to a purse where you own a private key.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:48:00 PM

There are a few measurements to secure your private keys.

1) never disclose your private key to anyone or claiming airdrop.

2) beware of phishing websites, always check the website address you are trying to access.

3) secure your computer with antivirus software to prevent malware from stealing your private key.

I use a hardware wallet to prevent my private keys from leaking, you may want to consider getting one.

Perfect answer.
Now some telegram channel/group spreading fake airdrop and collecting ETH address. Then hackers try to get access and sometimes they wants private key.
So, only bitcointalk airdrop follow is best.

Hardware wallet so nore secure. I also thinking for buying a hardware wallet.

Be hardworker
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:49:48 PM

Bitcoin process is a very simple one and understanding the right time to invest on bitcoin when the price drop to a lower limit, at that point in time is the best to invest, or trading, which we result as secure process at the end.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:24:47 PM

hello guys,
Recently i've heard about many people lost their bitcoin. Someway their private keys have been leaked and hackers get access to wallet. So what measurements i have to take to secure my bitcoin and prevent it from stealing ?
Use hard wallets or just keep your private keys anyhow safe ...print your paper wallet do not use your private key...limit your use of private key.
Raidal

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:25:37 PM

Okay, I'll share some tips that I am used to secure my bitcoin. First, keep your private key in a bitcoin wallet well. This is confidential, make sure only you know. Then, you can active 2FA feature. 2FA is a two-factor authentication function that provides identification of the true access to your bitcoin wallet account. This feature will also give notification to the actual owner. The notifications appear when the bitcoin wallet is accessed another person. The notifications will send via sms or other messages. This feature can be set in your bitcoin wallet settings. Then, use a strong and unique bitcoin wallet password, so no one else can guess it.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Zaibraid

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:07:40 PM

I will add how to secure bitcoin as I usually do. I always check my login activity. By monitoring login activity, you can see any login session (time, device or country) that you did not do. If it happens right out of any login session, means your wallet is not safe. You can also review and delete your email auto-forwarders. Because a hacker can activate the auto forwarder from your email to the hacker's email without your knowledge. The important information you send will automatically be known to the hacker. Keep carefull!!!

cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:16:19 PM

Firstly, do not trust anyone. Never share your private keys. I use electrum wallet on an offline computer. It is easy to use, just google it you will find many informations and explanations about how to use electrum on an offline computer.
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:29:01 PM

Stay away from spam, malware and don't reveal your password to anyone.
Jihuny23

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:45:48 PM

I will just add some way of securing bitcoin. Make sure your email account is not connected to another account that you do not recognize. You should always review your linked accounts because it could be in the wrong use of irresponsible people. If that happens , you must remove the linked account immediately. Besides that, do not store bitcoin in large amounts on bitcoin exchanger site because it is dangerous. Don’t forget to back up your bitcoin wallet with hardware!!!
fistteam

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:35:43 AM

At present, the price of bitcoin is over $ 8k. So, you have to protect your bitcoin carefully. I think you should store your bitcoin in Myetherwallet, not letting anyone know your wallet password. Not only that, you have to be careful with phishing sites.
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:47:16 AM

hello guys,
Recently i've heard about many people lost their bitcoin. Someway their private keys have been leaked and hackers get access to wallet. So what measurements i have to take to secure my bitcoin and prevent it from stealing ?
I suggests if you use computers in a public computer shop, always be careful on logging in your account. Double check if you already logged out and make aure that your email is not connected to your other accounts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mcqueen95

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:13:01 AM

for me, a key step to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet -a physical device like, a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn't connected to the internet. Expert caution against storing large amounts of coins through cryptocurrency exchanges, or in digital wallet apps on your smartphone or computer.
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:23:43 AM

hello guys,
if that happens maybe the carelessness of the investors themselves due to lack of caution for the moment I am securing my bitcoin by periodically changing the password I use to store it and avoiding sites I do not know
Marrionbitcoin

Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:27:18 AM

hello guys,

In my opinion, just don't share any wallet address in internet because they might hack it in any ways. I suggest that you better to install a google authenticator because it give additional random passwords if you will do transactions specially in withdrawal.
Sakhawat169

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

Smiley :)BTC is a online currency.that can be hacked.So,don't share your pin/password.And you can use some secured BTC wallet. Smiley Smiley
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Merit: 107

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:39:35 AM

Most of the thefts are because of users' fault. It is impossible to protect yourself completely from thefts, but there are many things you can do to minimalise the risk. If you are going for a long-term investment then consider using a cold storage. Buy or use an old laptop and never connect it to the Internet. The offline computer will be used for signing transactions and the online one to create and broadcast transactions. It's one of the most secure methods right now.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:40:45 AM

Actually when we say hacking even how hard you keep your password or your private key they are able to crack it since your wallet is connected online and your computer is connected to internet, this people you've heard about their account being hack, it's their own fault most of the time for being carefree. If you just used your wallet and private in your own computer or phone this is one way of securing your BTC in your wallet.
JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:13:17 PM

I am totally agreed with @Shirackjs. He has nicely briefed the ways of saving your btc wallet. I want to add a bit more. Covering all the points properly, you need to be more attentive and cautious.

monarchy

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:15:55 PM

Maybe You Should Use The Second Password Maybe I think the Second Password That's Very Membatun
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: