Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][NEON] :: Neon :: The Most Advanced Second Generation Currency  (Read 38088 times)
xt_c

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:54:06 PM

If this is a scam, then it's a good one - this is exactly what I was thinking of, I even thought about another new cc..

but not with 90% (or whatever it is - 80? 70?) coins at stakeholders accounts.. I thought of some huge accounts releasing coins as some kind of bonus to forging.. well, and here is is  Smiley

I don't think NXT will easily get to masses - it just has too little to offer to normal people, and currency speculations won't make lots of transactions needed.
I'd like to see POS currency with reversed ratio - 90% coins released to people.. this has a way bigger chance of success IMO.

To make things clear: tremendous respect to NXT community for LOT of hard work, I'm fan of NXT, I run a vps node to help with the DDOSes etc. But It seems to me way better to spread the coins, make people forge it (and hopefully use it) - and keep it alive with transaction fees from many transactions. Many people make many transactions  (well, it's of course not that easy  Smiley )

I hope this is not a scam, if not I'll support this. It look like one though Shocked Hope you guys release some code/clients/etc soon - I won't support it in this pig-in-a-poke state..
timjs

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:54:19 PM

I aint fucking around.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee386/timjs1018/download_zpsa22bba5d.jpg
cryptojournal

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:21:21 PM

Neons, please do not allow escrow for the first round people (at least not for this first week).

If they don't have the balls to invest, and need escrow, they don't need the early gains. That's pussy foot investing. You can't be one foot in, one foot out. I wouldn't want the founders of NEONS to be spineless people who aren't able to take risks for big gains. We need ambitious founders with guts, confidence, and faith in NEONs.

Right, this "next-gen crypto" definitely needs a bunch of retards willing to send thousands of dollars to a perfect stranger making a nice speech without producing a shred of supporting evidence, no code snippet, no screenshot, no escrow (lol at the answers to escrow requests)  as "founders"...

Man, I really think you're a sock puppet/shill (just like your "+1" noob buddy later in the thread), but if you're not, I pity you... Wonder how long before the Stockholm syndrom dissipates.

Shame on "NEONs" for such an obvious scam... You're only second to Visacoin in terms of lazy scammishness... You and your scammer buddies are infecting this forum...You stink.
bliljerk101

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:42:04 PM

Neons, please do not allow escrow for the first round people (at least not for this first week).

If they don't have the balls to invest, and need escrow, they don't need the early gains. That's pussy foot investing. You can't be one foot in, one foot out. I wouldn't want the founders of NEONS to be spineless people who aren't able to take risks for big gains. We need ambitious founders with guts, confidence, and faith in NEONs.
Right, this "next-gen crypto" definitely needs a bunch of retards willing to send thousands of dollars to a perfect stranger making a nice speech without producing a shred of supporting evidence, no code snippet, no screenshot, no escrow (lol at the answers to escrow requests)  as "founders"...

Man, I really think you're a sock puppet/shill (just like your "+1" noob buddy later in the thread), but if you're not, I pity you... Wonder how long before the Stockholm syndrom dissipates.

Shame on "NEONs" for such an obvious scam... You're only second to Visacoin in terms of lazy scammishness... You and your scammer buddies are infecting this forum...You stink.

SMH… Another person with no balls, I see…

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:43:04 PM

Lol

I like this coin. Thinking about investing more. From all the new coins i invested I prefer this and Neuron

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
cryptojournal

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Lol

I like this coin. Thinking about investing more. From all the new coins i invested I prefer this and Neuron

Man, there is no "coin", there is absolutely nothing except a stranger making a bunch of empty promises, dismissing legitimate requests for escrow and asking for your money. I see you sunk money in every scam riding on MSC and NXT's coattails... Good luck with that. Right now it seems the only legit "new 2nd gen crypto" is XCP (and probably eMunie...)
kripto

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:00:36 PM

We are a team of 3 programmers and came together 2 months ago to discuss the creation of this new currency. We looked at all the existing and announced coins and currencies and identified their biggest flaws and advantages. Within this currency we tried/try to combine the best of their features, eliminate the bad ones and add some totally new features.

Technical:

Written from scratch, in C. Not the Java crap that NXT uses (with all the code in one file lol)
Blocktime is 60 seconds, leading to 1440 blocks per day on average.
The units will have 4 decimal points at the start. This can be shifted back unlimitedly. (0.0001 smallest unit at the start)
The initial fee will be set at 0.01 NEONs.
The network will be able to handle 1000tps (transactions per second) at the start.
The nodes can be used with anonymous networks like TOR.

Security:

In the first step it will be possible to anonymize your actions using TOR and the built-in mixing service.
Once our truly anonymized protocol is finished, there will be no need for this, as the transactions will not be associated with a given account anymore. More on that in the whitepaper.

Progress:

Network code: 100% done
Nodes: 100% done
Client: 70% done
Testing: Testnet is running for 2 weeks now. Only some minor bugs found until now.

Features: (all of them are already working in the testnet!)
Unlike Bitcoin and many others, we split up the client and the nodes. This is much more user friendly and will lead to less end-user problems.
The node with all features will be published on release on Windows, Linux and Mac.
The nodes will have all client features(see below) plus this features:
-   Distributed storage
-   Advanced DDoS protection (you can read details on this in the white paper that will follow)
-   Blockchain purging, with bootstrapping. (Master nodes will keep the whole blockchain)
-   Secret killer feature, that will be revealed in the whitepaper!
The lightweight client can be used on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac and as browser plugins on Firefox and Chrome.
The client will have the following features(all can be dis/enabled):
-   Encrypted chat/messaging
-   Alias System (Every account can create one free alias, everyone after that will cost the minfee. Alias can be traded freely on our decentralized marketplace. But the free alias is blocked from trading for 1 month.
-   Send to aliases (no need to remember the account address)
-   Decentralized marketplace where you can trade any asset/alias
-   Voting system
-   News distribution from devs or any other alias you follow.
-   Mixing service
-   Wallet files if wanted (you can use brainwallet and wallet files both, but this is client side)

I've written some code over the years myself and my biggest concern is a very short period of time in which you guys have managed to put together so much. If I understand you correctly you and two of your friends came together just 2 months ago and start brainstorming some ideas. And then two months later you have all of the above mostly complete and you did it in C.

I must say you seem a lot like Superman, Batman and Spiderman united. Could you comment on that please?

BR
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:00:54 PM

Lol

You have a good investing strategy. You bet on all horses, someone wins!

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:08:23 PM

Lol

You have a good investing strategy. You bet on all horses, someone wins!

That's how I see things now

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:12:19 PM

I've written some code over the years myself and my biggest concern is a very short period of time in which you guys have managed to put together so much. If I understand you correctly you and two of your friends came together just 2 months ago and start brainstorming some ideas. And then two months later you have all of the above mostly complete and you did it in C.

I must say you seem a lot like Superman, Batman and Spiderman united. Could you comment on that please?

BR

First of all, "I've written some code over the years myself" -> That sounds like you're a hobbyist at best, not somebody who should be nit picking on this subject.

I can comment on this for the NEONs team… Have you seen NXT's source code? It's only like 7k lines of code (I realize a little bit of it's missing). I sometimes write that much in a day. This is 3 people working on something for 2 months straight. If there were 3 of me, I could probably knock out 2-3 cryptos in two months and have at least one decent client with UI. It's not like they have to develop everything from scratch like Satoshi did… Most of what they're doing is just improving and modifying existing designs. For an experienced programmer, translating design between languages is not a complicated task.

Furthermore, the task of creating a crypto is not exactly gargantuan. It's just a protocol, and ALL of the clients usually suck. If the clients were great in terms of UI, I might agree that 2 months isn't enough time. Having said that, they're not... Nobody (except third-party companies) has spent any "real" time developing great UI for crypto clients. All the alt coins use that QT software, which is like a one-size-fits-all system. That's why there are bugs among and some variations between the different versions - windows, mac, linux, etc. And NXT's client isn't even really a client. You have to launch terminal or command prompt, then access a port on your localhost via your browser. It's basically just a cheesy website. That wouldn't take long to make at all. There are like 5 things you can even do when using it, definitely not an overly intricate or time consuming project.
cryptonoob50khs

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

watching
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:22:54 PM

watching

Balling...
timjs

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:24:54 PM

NEONs, reply to my PM so I can possibly invest more and become a baller like bliljerk101.
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

NEONs, reply to my PM so I can possibly invest more and become a baller like bliljerk101.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Oha-TnekE

My life, RS…
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:50:45 PM

This all seems exciting at first glance. But apart from obvious justified doubts one other thing does not make yet sense to me. Why would this "baller" bliljerk101 want to make all this noise and get in more big investments if he really believed in the project and wanted to gain the best possible profit? I would keep my mouth shut or even spread some doubts to not get in other big investments making my investment the biggest one. Right?

edit corrected some of my bad english

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:53:02 PM

This all seems exciting in a first glance. But apart from obvious justified doubts one other thing does not make yet sense to me. Why would this "baller" bliljerk101 want to make all this noise and get in more big investments if he really believed in the project and wanted to gain the best possible profit? I would keep my mouth shut or even spread some doubts to not get in other investments thus having my investment the biggest one. Right?

I find it weird that the guy shows up after 4 months of not posting once(last posted in SEPTEMBER of 2013)...and is only posting in this thread...

As the saying goes...dont invest more than you are willing to lose.
goostatic74829

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:59:29 PM

This all seems exciting in a first glance. But apart from obvious justified doubts one other thing does not make yet sense to me. Why would this "baller" bliljerk101 want to make all this noise and get in more big investments if he really believed in the project and wanted to gain the best possible profit? I would keep my mouth shut or even spread some doubts to not get in other investments thus having my investment the biggest one. Right?

I find it weird that the guy shows up after 4 months of not posting once(last posted in SEPTEMBER of 2013)...and is only posting in this thread...

Yes Smiley
the support cheerleader team is too bait, liljerk and couple of other trolls are riding neon dildo too eagerly

cryptojournal

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:01:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Oha-TnekE

My life, RS…

Owwwwww, you'd deserve to be scammed soooo much... I'd really like to see that happen... Unfortunately, you're acting as a shill/sock puppet and will probably profit from this massive scam... Hey man, you should have offered your shilling services to Visacoin/Aerocoin/Verocoin... Too late for that, but I'm sure SHARES, Sharecoin, Skycoin, and all other ongoing IPO scams would be interested... Go for it pal.
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:03:09 AM

This all seems exciting at first glance. But apart from obvious justified doubts one other thing does not make yet sense to me. Why would this "baller" bliljerk101 want to make all this noise and get in more big investments if he really believed in the project and wanted to gain the best possible profit? I would keep my mouth shut or even spread some doubts to not get in other big investments making my investment the biggest one. Right?

'Cuz I'm way smarter than that… Trust me. I'm not about to divulge strategy, so SPECULATE YOUR ASSES OFF!! I may not even be interested in this currency, maybe this is a decoy!! I'm that good. Wink

I agree with you there, buddy. (Completely serious) Nobody should invest in these NEON's, at least not RIGHT NOW, more than they are OK with losing. That should be obvious to anybody who has read the post. Throwing money in right now is indisputably the same as throwing money at nothing.

That said! I am well within my own realm of acceptable losses with what I put in Smiley
timjs

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:09:45 AM

Now, this is fun.   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: