Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:53:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][NEON] :: Neon :: The Most Advanced Second Generation Currency  (Read 38088 times)
Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:19:56 AM

[...] I'm not claiming Neon is 100% scam, but just saying that this kind of fund raising should be forbidden in this forum, no matter it's scam or not.

I agree.

That unsafe fund raising culture started by threads and "projects" like this is getting out of control.

Ladies and Gentlemen: be aware!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:21:02 AM

OP, please provide escrow.

bliljerk101

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:22:18 AM

bliljerk101... ADD
lay off for a while, you're all over the place  Grin

I might have if you didn't just insult me. FYI, it's not ADD… It's euphoric energy from all this money I made.

kinda weird that OP managed to squeeze one barely meaningful post.. for the whole day
must be busy with his MIT buddies

Ehh… It's annoying, but honestly I can't blame him. I remember that limitation when I first signed up here. It was fucking horrible. I couldn't get any posts done. Glad I'm able to post without restrictions now.

NXT...WTF are you talking about. They are cashing out, yes.
There is nothing spineless about it. HELLO?! THAT WAS THE PLAN ALONG.

You expected them to babysit and cherish their stake? Maybe wait for little guys to get rich LMAO.

Quit hating so hard.. Give it a chance. Nxt is what? 3 months old? With the founders out of the picture, the economy can stabilize finally.
timjs

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:24:54 AM

bliljerk101... ADD
lay off for a while, you're all over the place  Grin

kinda weird that OP managed to squeeze one barely meaningful post.. for the whole day

Exactly. Look what just happened to NXT. Some of the top dogs decided to take their money and cashed out big time. The market cap dropped off, and it scared away a bunch of people.

It's always easier to get frightened into cashing out when you stand to lose more as well.

When high stake holders cash out, they affect the market. This makes everyone nervous, and suddenly very little money gets put back in to the market to recoup what the high stake holders took.

WTF are you talking about. They are cashing out, yes.

You expected them to babysit and cherish their stake? Maybe wait for little guys to get rich LMAO.
Haha touché!
However, if they used their "power" to grow the NXT market, they would have made even more money. They know that. They cashed out while it was a guaranteed payday.
Partially "I'm gonna cash out now that it's up a bit", and partially "Shit, the value isn't skyrocketing now that the code is public like we thought it would, I'm out of here."
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:25:43 AM

[...] I'm not claiming Neon is 100% scam, but just saying that this kind of fund raising should be forbidden in this forum, no matter it's scam or not.
I agree.

That unsafe fund raising culture started by threads and "projects" like this is getting out of control.

Can somebody ban this guy? He's talking about killing an economy with weaklings… That kind of investing should be disallowed on here, it will ruin the culture and the success of this community.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:27:48 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 05:37:21 AM by wakasaki808

bliljerk101... ADD
lay off for a while, you're all over the place  Grin

Exactly. Look what just happened to NXT. Some of the top dogs decided to take their money and cashed out big time. The market cap dropped off, and it scared away a bunch of people.

It's always easier to get frightened into cashing out when you stand to lose more as well.

When high stake holders cash out, they affect the market. This makes everyone nervous, and suddenly very little money gets put back in to the market to recoup what the high stake holders took.

WTF are you talking about. They are cashing out, yes.

Haha touché!
However, if they used their "power" to grow the NXT market, they would have made even more money. They know that. They cashed out while it was a guaranteed payday.
Partially "I'm gonna cash out now that it's up a bit", and partially "Shit, the value isn't skyrocketing now that the code is public like we thought it would, I'm out of here."

or you can be like me and cash out partially to make up the price I paid for it initially. Keep the rest for the future if it every becomes worth more than it is now, if not then whatever Tongue

I like the crash in price, allows more people to buy in cheaper if they wish. Removes many of the people that just bought because of a price spike they were expecting.  NXT has a lot of features that are being built with a growing community and a lot of people trying to help it grow. I like the look of NEON if it ever was to actually be released, but doesn't seem like it may at this point. Interested in eMunie as well.  Grin Improvements are never bad  Smiley

pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:54:31 AM

So here's the most fishy part: No limit on maximum donation. With the current scheme, it's very likely that some people will end up with 10+% of the total coins in neon. This distribution will be even worse than NXT. They claim that they will send back BTC which would cause someone to have too large a stake... why not limit it in the first place? Suspicious.

If OP truly wanted to create a more distributed coin (not to mention, claiming to have all of NXT's features magically finished in 2-3 months by 3 people with no large scale testing), why in the world would they even have an IPO? Why not reserve a small amount of IPO coins for bounties (they claim their will use the BTC received through this funding for bounties) seeing as if they actually deliver, NEONcoins will be worth 1000x they are now? Instead of receiving a 1-time payment (which may only amount to 10k USD), they could have had millions of USD to fund projects to increase the value of NEON.

A distribution scheme that would have made logical sense:
40% nodes
40% subsidized transactions
20% bounties

Why not go all the way and make distribution 100% fair, why go only half-way and have an "IPO"?

Still no descriptions and only a logo created by someone else.

If they either a) accepted escrow or b) actually showed something proving they actually have the code, I would invest right now. But with neither, this screams scam.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
krak3n

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:18:40 AM

Alright I'll take the bait on this one, gunna send some NXT your way.

The ideas behind it seem sound, and mentioning the tor network should get the secretive investors excited.

Though I should mention you seriously need a designer on your team, coins get legitimised so much more when there's a professional looking website to back it up. And press releases need header images to stand out (I do this for a living).

If you need a visual helper pm me.
bithic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:34:14 AM

This seems interesting, but unless NEONs can provide more substance I'm inclined to believe it's a scam. NEONs said programmer #2 would answer some of the more technical questions. Waiting see if programmer #2 shows up.
ButchHashidy

Activity: 76

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:03:59 AM

I agree.

Can somebody ban this guy? He's talking about killing an economy with weaklings… That kind of investing should be disallowed on here, it will ruin the culture and the success of this community.

escrow is kind of like bitcoin.  it limits foul play.  if you all believe in your coin enough, you'd allow escrow with a trusted 3rd party source.  as it stands you put the burden of risk 100% on investors.  believe in your product? put your neon where your mouth is and allow escrow.  You'll probably get 10x the amount of support if you do.  Win-win.  If you don't, you just cast a greater shadow of doubt.  You saying investors will leave makes no sense.  If you have a hickup in development, our coins will still be safe in escrow, why would we back out as long as you always keep us in the loop with the development process.  Next excuse?

Jumpin' Jack Hash is a gas gas gaas
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:08:34 AM

escrow is kind of like bitcoin.  it limits foul play.  if you all believe in your coin enough, you'd allow escrow with a trusted 3rd party source.  as it stands you put the burden of risk 100% on investors.  believe in your product? put your neon where your mouth is and allow escrow.  You'll probably get 10x the amount of support if you do.  Win-win.  If you don't, you just cast a greater shadow of doubt.  You saying investors will leave makes no sense.  If you have a hickup in development, our coins will still be safe in escrow, why would we back out as long as you always keep us in the loop with the development process.  Next excuse?

Somebody ban this guy, too.

Did he really just compare Bitcoin to escrow with a third party?

No escrow. NEON founders need to have balls.

ButchHashidy

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:13:52 AM

Yea i'm sure Visacoin / Veracoin and Aerocoin investors had to have "balls" too after they ran off with $130,000 worth in those IPO scams.  I think those with brains win over balls.  Just ask the Federal reserve. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402536.0

from that thread

BUYERS BEWARE!!

I don't know what has happened to the Brain cells of some of our people here lol they go and invest in Visacoin/Aerocoin/Verocoin etc to findout that the OP has jump shipped with their coins and guess what he only had 14 posts and guess how much of bitcoins that were sent to him? 135.63009876  at the moment lol! Cheesy

Original Visacoin Thread:- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384097.440
Visacoin Whitepaper (lol What a shitty one):- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399837.0
Their Address:- https://blockchain.info/address/1PmsmFaNQraZVbBv3Q13jmyucXVJfUo4Hb

When I asked donations of upto just 10 BTC to start up with a coin which I have also sold all my cryptos to fund it people were like don't bother and fail etc. Where do I see them now? :S

My Thread:- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400920

I lay out this facts in front of you to kindly see and consider what is going on.

Best Regards,
Soopy

PS: More Scams found out later and their amounts courtesy of member tk808 (Thank you very much mate!)

Visa - 135 BTC
Shares -45BTC
Neon - 13.5BTC
        - 116LTC
        - 88,000 NXT
        -
Vero - 4-10BTC
Aero - 1BTCc-2BTC

bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:19:36 AM

Yea i'm sure Visacoin / Veracoin and Aerocoin investors had to have "balls" too after they ran off with $130,000 worth in those IPO scams.  I think those with brains win over balls.  Just ask the Federal reserve. 

from that thread

BUYERS BEWARE!!

I don't know what has happened to the Brain cells of some of our people here lol they go and invest in Visacoin/Aerocoin/Verocoin etc to findout that the OP has jump shipped with their coins and guess what he only had 14 posts and guess how much of bitcoins that were sent to him? 135.63009876  at the moment lol! Cheesy

Visacoin Whitepaper (lol What a shitty one):- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399837.0
Their Address:- https://blockchain.info/address/1PmsmFaNQraZVbBv3Q13jmyucXVJfUo4Hb

When I asked donations of upto just 10 BTC to start up with a coin which I have also sold all my cryptos to fund it people were like don't bother and fail etc. Where do I see them now? :S

I lay out this facts in front of you to kindly see and consider what is going on.

Best Regards,
Soopy

PS: More Scams found out later and their amounts courtesy of member tk808 (Thank you very much mate!)

Visa - 135 BTC
Shares -45BTC
Neon - 13.5BTC
        - 116LTC
        - 88,000 NXT
        -
Vero - 4-10BTC
Aero - 1BTCc-2BTC

DAMN  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked NEONs are DEFINITELY a scam!!! Everybody ask for a refund!!

When you get your refunds, why not consider this coin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400920 - It looks promising. I think I might go in 10 btc or so...
ButchHashidy

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:25:50 AM

from that thread

BUYERS BEWARE!!

Best Regards,
Soopy

Visa - 135 BTC
Shares -45BTC
Neon - 13.5BTC
        - 116LTC
        - 88,000 NXT
        -
Vero - 4-10BTC
Aero - 1BTCc-2BTC

DAMN  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked NEONs are DEFINITELY a scam!!! Everybody ask for a refund!!

When you get your refunds, why not consider this coin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400920 - It looks promising. I think I might go in 10 btc or so...

Proof is in the proverbial blockchain.  If OP claims to have the project pretty much 100% complete, show us da monay, give us the escrow  Kiss

bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:35:47 AM

Just made a donation to Sherlock Coins or w/e they're called  Cheesy 100% stake holder now.
Abyss_X

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:37:19 AM

Can you tell us briefly what reasons speak against a escrow service, otherwise its hard to understand why you and your team dont allow it.

regards

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 06:43:25 AM

Can you tell us briefly what reasons speak against a escrow service, otherwise its hard to understand why you and your team dont allow it.

regards

Because they intend on stealing your money.  Don't be a fool.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:44:28 AM

regards

Read my posts, homeboy. I explained it for NEONs.

You see these puppies? If you don't have them, NEONs doesn't need you.

However, we just learned that NEONs is definitely a scam… Stay FAR, FAR, FAR away from this… If you are REALLY that interested, just wait until they actually show something. I think they already ran away with everybody's money though.
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:51:43 AM

NEONs says:

Abyss_X

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:53:05 AM

I dont ask your unimportant opinion @ bliljerk101 !

Are you part of the neon team?? So if not let them answer the user question and stop spamming the whole thread with your kiddy pictures...

regards

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: