Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm dumping Nxt and here's why you should too  (Read 21262 times)
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:55:18 AM

People who are in doubt about Nxt (shouldn't know why), look at a proposal for new design for Nxt.  Smiley

More info: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=115.msg8175#msg8175
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:30:10 PM

These renderings are very attractive. Anyone know what program was used to create them? I've used e-book cover programs, but this one has a very extensive product line.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:32:52 AM

People who are in doubt about Nxt (shouldn't know why), look at a proposal for new design for Nxt.  Smiley

More info: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=115.msg8175#msg8175
This looks a lot like the NEO+BEE poor mockup they used in their laughable IPO, so I suspect it's somehow a "mockup generator", were you just input your logo and select a few variables.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:48:59 AM

This looks a lot like the NEO+BEE poor mockup they used in their laughable IPO

...and you see how far it got Neo and Bee.  

Look, this is all glossy fluffy stuff.  It doesn't suggest anything about the attributes of the underlying system.  An awesome looking brochure won't help NXT.  

The reason they are taking this course is because it worked for them before.  When they launched, they got loads of attention because of their 'professional look'.  However, most people here can't decipher the details of a technology - so they buy the fluff.  

Look at Mastercoin which takes the opposite course.  No fluff.  No gloss.  No cute memes.  Mastercoiners won't even talk to you.  Practically no forum.  They are all too busy writing good code.  Who has time for marketing bullshit?  Not Mastercoin.  That is for pump and dump programs.  NXT is all about pretty ink like those pictures above.  It is all part of the 'pump'.  Here comes the 'dump'!!  Nothing says 'pump and dump' more than those images above.

What about the underlying technology?  Don't ask about that.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:51:32 AM

L.O.L.  at Rawdog. What are you talking about? Did you check https://nxtforum.org/ ? You would feel really ashamed of these words if you check the technical discussion section.

The ignorance is brave in you.  Roll Eyes
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:01:55 AM

This looks a lot like the NEO+BEE poor mockup they used in their laughable IPO

...and you see how far it got Neo and Bee.  

Look, this is all glossy fluffy stuff.  It doesn't suggest anything about the attributes of the underlying system.  An awesome looking brochure won't help NXT.  

The reason they are taking this course is because it worked for them before.  When they launched, they got loads of attention because of their 'professional look'.  However, most people here can't decipher the details of a technology - so they buy the fluff.  

Look at Mastercoin which takes the opposite course.  No fluff.  No gloss.  No cute memes.  Mastercoiners won't even talk to you.  Practically no forum.  They are all too busy writing good code.  Who has time for marketing bullshit?  Not Mastercoin.  That is for pump and dump programs.  NXT is all about pretty ink like those pictures above.  It is all part of the 'pump'.  Here comes the 'dump'!!  Nothing says 'pump and dump' more than those images above.

What about the underlying technology?  Don't ask about that.  
This is an interesting and possibly right point of view, but in order to correctly contextualise it, could you explain why your signature reads "Bitcoin will die soon."?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:17:04 AM

This is an interesting and possibly right point of view, but in order to correctly contextualise it, could you explain why your signature reads "Bitcoin will die soon."?

its just a signature.  It doesn't mean much.  It is not an argument nor a thesis.

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:25:58 AM

The ignorance is brave in you.  Roll Eyes
I like that.  That is cool.

Look, NXT's big theory is that it saves energy.  Other than that, it isn't much.  Don't believe me, look at their third point on nxt.org.

Point 1 'forging' - more about energy saving via no mining.  

Point 2 'secure and fast' - bitcoin isn't too insecure and so far the fast part isn't killing the system.  Changes to come will fix that.

Point 3 is just plain dump - more about 'forging'.

Technical brilliance?  I don't think so.  China wastes more energy in a single day at a steel factory melting metal than bitcoin uses in three months.  Energy isn't really the problem.

NXT adds nothing in the way of security.  'eliminates 51% attack'.  Ha!   Bitcoin doesn't actually have a real 51% attack problem.  That is just a fun thing to talk about.  Why solve problems which don't exist?  NXT is a waste of time/effort.  It brings nothing new of value.  It will never displace bitcoin.  It is exactly like Beta vs. VHS - even if you successfully argue that it is technically better, it is so marginal that it won't convince even one person to switch.  The infrastructure around bitcoin is set.  It won't switch over to NXT ever.  NXT is dead.

Move on.

Your forum has many interesting discussions about 'technical advantage'.  This is a great place to argue forever.  But just like Betamax - nobody fucking cares and those technical advantages are so insignificant that they will never motivate people to move over.

Next.

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:54:00 AM

I would never and will never buy NXT. It goes against everything crypto stands for.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:57:27 AM

Bitcoin doesn't actually have a real 51% attack problem.  That is just a fun thing to talk about.

What about the underlying technology?  Don't ask about that.

Roll Eyes

Looks like you don't understand the underlying technology of bitcoin.

RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 12:21:09 PM

Bitcoin doesn't actually have a real 51% attack problem.  That is just a fun thing to talk about.

Roll Eyes

Do you also worry about ghosts?  51% attack is an interesting theory.  There are very good reasons why it is not a genuine concern from the point of view of nearly everyone involved in bitcoin.  It is not going to happen.  If someone actually approaches this kind of computing power, the community quickly responds to adjust.  Happened already. 

NXT solves nothing.  If they managed to rid the world of 51% attacks - I say bravo!  No go bust some ghosts too.  It isn't a real problem.

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:44:56 PM

NXT solves nothing.  If they managed to rid the world of 51% attacks - I say bravo!  No go bust some ghosts too.  It isn't a real problem.

This is not a problem for bitcoin now, because bitcoin to traditional economy is still like a fly to an elephant. As soon as it gets too large and starts interfering with established order, the large mining farms (the only ones left who can afford to buy mining equipment) are very likely to be taken over and/or shut down and bitcoin network security and decentralized model will be compromised. What? You say it's not democratic. Oh please.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:48:05 PM

It goes against everything crypto stands for.

Care to explain your strong "statement"? At a first glance it sounds like bullshit from a hater....
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:10:31 PM

Roll Eyes

Do you also worry about ghosts?  51% attack is an interesting theory.  There are very good reasons why it is not a genuine concern from the point of view of nearly everyone involved in bitcoin.  It is not going to happen.  If someone actually approaches this kind of computing power, the community quickly responds to adjust.  Happened already. 

People tend to forget quite fast...

Please note that even with 42% you can easily perform a double spending attack, the chances of succeeding are just smaller than with 51%.

Users are just lucky that ghash.io didn't want to hurt bitcoin.
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:42:26 PM

Care to explain your strong "statement"? At a first glance it sounds like bullshit from a hater....
Do you defend everything negative against NXT?  Are you their #1 cheerleader?

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:57:37 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 05:09:56 PM by ShroomsKit_Disgrace

Do you defend everything negative against NXT?  Are you their #1 cheerleader?

Oppositely, I defend NXT against "everything negative".

In fact, NXT will be the reason of your signature to come true.  Wink

Edit:

Watch my funny videos, I've been like 2years discrediting myself and allowing the whole internet community to laugh at my funny face.

MY GOD! Didn't notice I was talking with such a youtube star till now!! Are you really that well-known clown?? Man, I am so glad you have some words for me despite of your popularity.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:00:35 AM

I am sorry Rawdog, I was so excited to meet the internet celebrity that I forgot my manners... I owe you an apology.  Wink

BTW, apart from defending NXT with my life I have a work so I have not got enough time to elaborate an answer and kill all your pointless statements. Consequently, I will just copy-paste a paper of a BTT user that explains really well the issue:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E_ToOMG2l1XThx6YnyXEajXaf6H1k2yjq8XkAF0ScB4/mobilebasic?pli=1

Regards.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:18:01 AM

why is Bitcoin dead and Nxt will be next Bitcoin? Read the theses, see all numbers:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8uhdshu9epGRrQHBaloGc4itdvuAHZDAUtNDjOhz-8/edit
Shivalein

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

The coming features of NXT will drop like bombs on the cryptoworld.

for example: Decentralized Alias System, Decentralized DNS, Arbitrary Messaging, Distributed Storage, Voting System, Reputation System, Smart Contracts

Tell me just one coin which has just ONE innovation.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

The coming features of NXT will drop like bombs on the cryptoworld.

for example: Decentralized Alias System, Decentralized DNS, Arbitrary Messaging, Distributed Storage, Voting System, Reputation System, Smart Contracts

Tell me just one coin which has just ONE innovation.

Namecoin does the DNS. Bitmessage does the messaging. Mastercoin (and I guess bitcoin to some extent) does smart contracts.

I'm not sure what the alias system is supposed to be, nor the reputation. Although I suspect built in reputation is a bad thing. All reputation systems in bitcoin land have failed eventually.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: