Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:57:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal - and PayPal is getting sued.  (Read 28609 times)
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:30:32 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 10:26:16 PM by malevolent

Paypal has given me a lot of grief when it comes to bitcoin related sales.  They made false claims about my account, held my funds for no valid reason, and when I submitted the documentation and waited (3 months later) still they apparently failed to review my documents.

I have evidence that Paypal has ignored my submissions.

After being on hold for about an hour and discussing the situation and trying to resolve the issue, they got upset and "bitchcoins" came up, I said "I'm sorry?" and then the guy goes off on another subject.

I just got scammed too!  F PayPal!  I can't believe someone like me working honestly gets shit on like this.  In my phone conversation today I also heard the guy on the phone refer to selling "bitchcoins".  This just isn't right.  Does PayPal know that they are allowing and encouraging scammers to operate like they do?  There is no consequence to being a scammer piece of shit.  So, I decided I'd post these peoples names and bitcoin addresses here for all to see these no good a-holes. Cost me money and I have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay.

I even looked on eBay first and saw others selling btc and I knew how hard it wwas for me to get at first and I was trying to help people out.  That went well.  I turned in all messages and corespondence to PayPal and they didn't even look at it.

Here is my address if you already mad your millions and want to help me out.  If not, I totally understand, not looking for a handout, bu would be gracious to those who have extra.
My Wallet: address removed

Here are the loser scammers:

carildcemcgoldrick@yahoo.com
Brett Keller
1202 Larkspur Dr
Scottsbluff, NE 69361-4513
United States
ebay ID: jericamicron  Purchase:  $200 USD
Wrote this message: "please send to 1CimKHU3eUjphZe3m8Khv4K9ZEU4uEfCFh btc id"   

Dany Gagnon
gagdan@videotron.ca
ebay ID: dany_boy_65  purchase $400 USD Messaged via PayPal
Dany Gagnon
213, des Amerindiens
Quebec QC  G2M 1P3
Canada

frank j butrico
9 Gentry Dr
warren, NJ 07059
United States
frank butrico
fbut82087167@aol.com
eBay ID: fbut82087129ay  purchase $200 USD
Messaged me: "hello dear sir plz deposit btc in this address: 15ii44RvqwBQjJ7gRnEZ4RSV7hpjTr7pQS"

Hank J. Klien
345 18th Avenue E.
Seattle, WA 98112
USA
hjklien@mail.com
eBay ID: hankypanky554 purchase $400 USD eBay claims this person is no longer a member
Messaged me: "btc wallet is 1GTnq6Ym1S3z2gAA9nB4o6TXqfzwmNLQKL"

So, if anyone has any run in with these scammers, I suggest you punch them in the face with all your might.

Again, if you purchased bitcoins when they were $5 and can afford to help....

If not, I understand... I am no longer in a position to donate.  Thanks Scammers

JC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:45:12 PM

Paypal has given me a lot of grief when it comes to bitcoin related sales.  They made false claims about my account, held my funds for no valid reason, and when I submitted the documentation and waited (3 months later) still they apparently failed to review my documents.

I have evidence that Paypal has ignored my submissions.

After being on hold for about an hour and discussing the situation and trying to resolve the issue, they got upset and "bitchcoins" came up, I said "I'm sorry?" and then the guy goes off on another subject.

I just got scammed too!  F PayPal!  I can't believe someone like me working honestly gets shit on like this.  In my phone conversation today I also heard the guy on the phone refer to selling "bitchcoins".  This just isn't right.  Does PayPal know that they are allowing and encouraging scammers to operate like they do?  There is no consequence to being a scammer piece of shit.  So, I decided I'd post these peoples names and bitcoin addresses here for all to see these no good a-holes. Cost me money and I have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay.

I even looked on eBay first and saw others selling btc and I knew how hard it wwas for me to get at first and I was trying to help people out.  That went well.  I turned in all messages and corespondence to PayPal and they didn't even look at it.

Here is my address if you already mad your millions and want to help me out.  If not, I totally understand, not looking for a handout, bu would be gracious to those who have extra.

Here are the loser scammers:

carildcemcgoldrick@yahoo.com
Brett Keller
1202 Larkspur Dr
Scottsbluff, NE 69361-4513
United States
ebay ID: jericamicron  Purchase:  $200 USD
Wrote this message: "please send to 1CimKHU3eUjphZe3m8Khv4K9ZEU4uEfCFh btc id"   

Dany Gagnon
gagdan@videotron.ca
ebay ID: dany_boy_65  purchase $400 USD Messaged via PayPal
Dany Gagnon
213, des Amerindiens
Quebec QC  G2M 1P3
Canada

frank j butrico
9 Gentry Dr
warren, NJ 07059
United States
frank butrico
fbut82087167@aol.com
eBay ID: fbut82087129ay  purchase $200 USD
Messaged me: "hello dear sir plz deposit btc in this address: 15ii44RvqwBQjJ7gRnEZ4RSV7hpjTr7pQS"

Hank J. Klien
345 18th Avenue E.
Seattle, WA 98112
USA
hjklien@mail.com
eBay ID: hankypanky554 purchase $400 USD eBay claims this person is no longer a member
Messaged me: "btc wallet is 1GTnq6Ym1S3z2gAA9nB4o6TXqfzwmNLQKL"

So, if anyone has any run in with these scammers, I suggest you punch them in the face with all your might.

Again, if you purchased bitcoins when they were $5 and can afford to help....

If not, I understand... I am no longer in a position to donate.  Thanks Scammers

JC

lol, did you seriously just release these peoples addresses and names??

I'm sure he doesn't care, because these people probably did chargebacks after he sold bitcoin on ebay.

Of course, it was totally stupid to sell coin on ebay, and accept payment by paypal.

Thats correct, they scammed me.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE.  I do take exception to your "stupid" comment.  eBay allows the sale.  Paypal says paid, ok to send, I send to the address they provide and a month later they all do chargebacks.  I hate this world and the scum that feel the need to screw other human beings.  At this point in evolution don't these people realize it's time to get a job?
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:37:58 AM

Good luck in your lawsuit.  On a totally unrelated note dealing with Paypal, I had a bidder request a refund for a purchased product that was more or less what they ordered, even though the wording was slightly off in mistake and I explained my issue.  PP immediately held my account for over $550 and their convoluted system of holds and reverse refunds was confusing.  Had to call someone just to ensure the funds were properly taken care of from said buyer when it should be made much easier.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:33:35 AM

I had the same issues with PayPal last year. I'm surprised this international fraud still hasn't been closed down.

I was running a business on the internet when suddenly they limit my account. Asked for a reason, they just said it was a "High Risk" business. I was like, WTF? Called again and they said decision was final. There was thousands of dollars in that account and it just got frozen.

They do this account freezes mostly on people who live in countries away from the US or Singapore so you don't have any legal power to fight back. To this day, I'm still very upset. Life could've been a lot better.

I'm glad somebody is taking action against this large scale financial theft. Please bring justice to those scammed people, especially those in foreign lands. F*** these paypal bastards. They freeze your hard earned money anytime they fu****g like.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:12:04 AM

You know ...

I have spent the last 4 weeks asking PayPal why my account was suddenly being limited as well. 

Out of thin air, 90% of my orders were declining for no apparent reason, and then we had 4 orders suddenly put on hold.

When I called I got the same explanation:  "You must have had a chargeback"

As it turns out, I had made a couple purchases of physical bitcoins through Ebay just prior to all this ....

-BB-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:18:52 AM

Amen to that by the way, i gave my lawyers 200 BTC back August for retainer, come October one of them (jokingly) proposed to me. Why do my own dirty work when people will do it for bitcoin. all i had to do was follow their instructions.

Man you must have a downright shit ton of BTC to be tossing around 200 Bitcoin ... even at August prices ... that's one hell of a retainer.

-BB-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:56:54 AM

No offense but you did a really stupid thing posting all about this online before settling things with paypal. They're going to scroll through every word.
jamie10511

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:40:55 AM

hi terrahasher

pls share your ebay username/s

cheers
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:22:20 PM

Update:

Today is the day the letter of intent was set to be delivered, so i should know within the next 12 hours, and the 2 week clock should start ticking. i will post the minute i get confirmation. Thats all i have at this Time

On another note, Can we please keep from all the off topic discussion, This is not a debate thread on what you can and cannot sell on ebay, this is not a thread for you to come and beg for donations because you got scammed. This IS a thread where people can keep updated on the progress of a pending lawsuit, and share their experiences with paypal themselves.

I am a VERY laid back and chill individual, but at the same time i dont find it fair that someone has to wollow through 5 pages that are one third filled with garbage and off topic posts about things that do not even pertain to paypal just to find the latest update. I hate being confrontational so lets please just keep it on topic, i dont want to have to be that guy who goes running to the moderators, and would rather just stop keeping everyone updated than have to fight with people taking the thread off topic. Please be respectful of your fellow forum readers.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
BitCoinzRUS

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:58:03 PM

Doesn't Paypal state in their user agreement that all disputes must be handled through "arbitration" and that by agreeing to the user agreement you revoke your right to sue them in a court of law?

Good luck, it's hard to win a case against a big corporation. Corporations like Paypal own the US government.
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:37:27 PM

Doesn't Paypal state in their user agreement that all disputes must be handled through "arbitration" and that by agreeing to the user agreement you revoke your right to sue them in a court of law?

Good luck, it's hard to win a case against a big corporation. Corporations like Paypal own the US government.

Yes they do, and thats why we needed a judge to rule that he would hear the case in open court. On the principal that this is not a small claims case as it is WELL over $5,000, and furthermore as this case has criminal actions.

The reason Paypal binds that arbitration is because they know that a lot of what they do is Illegal and if it ends up in a court room ( which is very very very very rare ) they just try and buy the prosecution off with a minimal stipens and slap them with an NDA. The difference here being, we are not just seeking compensatory and punitive damages. I do not have a "buy me off" value and will NOT be signing and NDA unless paypal is FULLY held accountable for their criminal actions.

This isnt about money, anybody who knows me personally knows that the bitcoin i hold is more than enough to live off for 4 lifetimes. Even if this entire lawsuit goes array, i have decided personally that here and now is the time paypal starts having to play by the rules, and if needed i will still continue to lead a massive movement against paypals criminal actions. Just in the bitcoin community alone i have been contacted by WELL over 1,500 people now who have almost the same experience with paypal.

Its the same principal as doctor assisted suicide. Killing another human being is a crime, just because they sign a piece of paper agreeing "hey, its ok to kill me now, i want to die" does not make it legal as many courts have ruled hundreds of times. Its the same with paypal. 70 % of their standard business practice is illegal by charge of the FTC, SEC and several other regulatory bodies. Just because you check a box saying you agree to let them treat you with disregard to the law, does not make it legal.

Thus far paypal has been able to buy off anyone who challenges them, but most people who challenge them are opposing over a few thousand dollars, so when paypal says "fine heres your money, but you sign this NDA first" people just take it as they know they have not the financial means to continue to peruse paypal. I on the other hand have a great legal team who actually to this point have refused to take any more money from me, and even if it gets to the point i need to pay, i can go toe to toe with paypal for a VERY long time as a result of all the wonderful life changes bitcoin has brought me.

paypal after all has not made a profit a single year in business yet, and the only thing keeping them afloat is ebays seller fees.

For the rest of you who want to repeat the same post over and over:

I am well aware paypal is probably following this thread with a fine tooth comb. But with that, they are also aware that i have thousands of people who want to take action too, and even though we cannot combine lawsuits into class action, they are aware that i am not going to stop and that even if i lose thousands of people from the bitcoin community alone are going to have someone to help them, and lead them into their own actions as a group. Not to mention how many people will stand up against paypals illegal actions once they know there is a group leading a charge against them that are not part of bitcoin.

In summary: The crime that has been allowed to continue for a decade now will stop here, and it will stop now. WE WILL TAKE A STAND even if i lose. you can silence one or two, but you cannot silence the masses.

Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

Hope you are successful. Paypal needs to be held accountable for their actions. They can't just go handing money back to criminals without any good reason.
erik777

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:51:38 PM

Update:

Today is the day the letter of intent was set to be delivered, so i should know within the next 12 hours, and the 2 week clock should start ticking. i will post the minute i get confirmation. Thats all i have at this Time

On another note, Can we please keep from all the off topic discussion, This is not a debate thread on what you can and cannot sell on ebay, this is not a thread for you to come and beg for donations because you got scammed. This IS a thread where people can keep updated on the progress of a pending lawsuit, and share their experiences with paypal themselves.

I am a VERY laid back and chill individual, but at the same time i dont find it fair that someone has to wollow through 5 pages that are one third filled with garbage and off topic posts about things that do not even pertain to paypal just to find the latest update. I hate being confrontational so lets please just keep it on topic, i dont want to have to be that guy who goes running to the moderators, and would rather just stop keeping everyone updated than have to fight with people taking the thread off topic. Please be respectful of your fellow forum readers.

TerraHasher, I've been a big supporter of your casue, helping you get the word out by bringing a lot of traffic to your thread.  Now I see one of my posts get deleted as off-topic?  Yes, technically, it wasn't within your narrow scope of discussing the day-to-day legal proceedings.  But, it was very much on topic in that it was supporting your notion that Paypal considers Bitcoin a competitive threat, which, as I understand it, is an important point in your case.  Am I right?  

This should be an open forum.  Yes, it's an imperfect world.  I haven't been happy having to ready 7 pages to keep up, with some off topic stuff in it.  But, removing posts because they don't fit a very narrow scope of the OP despite being on-topic in the minds of many of us is very anti-open discussion.  Moderation should be reserved for removing flames and spam.  Clearly off topic discussion should, if possible, be moved, with deletion as a last resort.  

I had someone say negative things about me on a comment on one of my blog posts.  Did I delete it?  No, I responded intelligently.  

Can I suggest you create a thread clearly begun with the narrow purpose of documenting the day to day proceedings, and leave this thread, where you detail the case, open to discussion by those who want to discuss the merits of the case?

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:02:04 PM

Update:

TerraHasher, I've been a big supporter of your casue, helping you get the word out by bringing a lot of traffic to your thread.  Now I see one of my posts get deleted as off-topic?  Yes, technically, it wasn't within your narrow scope of discussing the day-to-day legal proceedings.  But, it was very much on topic in that it was supporting your notion that Paypal considers Bitcoin a competitive threat, which, as I understand it, is an important point in your case.  Am I right?  

This should be an open forum.  Yes, it's an imperfect world.  I haven't been happy having to ready 7 pages to keep up, with some off topic stuff in it.  But, removing posts because they don't fit a very narrow scope of the OP despite being on-topic in the minds of many of us is very anti-open discussion.  Moderation should be reserved for removing flames and spam.  Clearly off topic discussion should, if possible, be moved, with deletion as a last resort.  

I had someone say negative things about me on a comment on one of my blog posts.  Did I delete it?  No, I responded intelligently.  

Can I suggest you create a thread clearly begun with the narrow purpose of documenting the day to day proceedings, and leave this thread, where you detail the case, open to discussion by those who want to discuss the merits of the case?

Hey man, sorry to hear that, as you stated, unfortunately i dont have much control over moderation.

I have given some thought on how to handle something so large to make it easy to navigate and have decided that making my own website to not only blog about the case, or look back at it after it is done, but to serve as a central hub for everyone who paypal has wronged, outlining a group cause to bring down the hammer on them.

Yes i know there are plenty of "paypal sucks" website that have some useful information how to resolve your issues, but the fact remains that 80% of the time, they dont work and nobody as an individual stands a chance against paypal 1v1, so i have decided to start working on a 20,000 vs. paypal cause to help everyone else as i have had thousands of requests for help this week alone and cannot help anyone let alone everyone if i try to address each request individually.

None the less, until i get time to get a website together, lets try and keep this as close to on topic as possible. it is not that i am apposed to discussion, i actually encourage it, i just want it to be easy for people following to find updates without having to sort through pages of garbage that clutters up the progress.

BitCoinzRUS

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:36:55 PM

Yes they do, and thats why we needed a judge to rule that he would hear the case in open court. On the principal that this is not a small claims case as it is WELL over $5,000, and furthermore as this case has criminal actions.

The reason Paypal binds that arbitration is because they know that a lot of what they do is Illegal and if it ends up in a court room ( which is very very very very rare ) they just try and buy the prosecution off with a minimal stipens and slap them with an NDA. The difference here being, we are not just seeking compensatory and punitive damages. I do not have a "buy me off" value and will NOT be signing and NDA unless paypal is FULLY held accountable for their criminal actions.

This isnt about money, anybody who knows me personally knows that the bitcoin i hold is more than enough to live off for 4 lifetimes. Even if this entire lawsuit goes array, i have decided personally that here and now is the time paypal starts having to play by the rules, and if needed i will still continue to lead a massive movement against paypals criminal actions. Just in the bitcoin community alone i have been contacted by WELL over 1,500 people now who have almost the same experience with paypal.

Its the same principal as doctor assisted suicide. Killing another human being is a crime, just because they sign a piece of paper agreeing "hey, its ok to kill me now, i want to die" does not make it legal as many courts have ruled hundreds of times. Its the same with paypal. 70 % of their standard business practice is illegal by charge of the FTC, SEC and several other regulatory bodies. Just because you check a box saying you agree to let them treat you with disregard to the law, does not make it legal.

Thus far paypal has been able to buy off anyone who challenges them, but most people who challenge them are opposing over a few thousand dollars, so when paypal says "fine heres your money, but you sign this NDA first" people just take it as they know they have not the financial means to continue to peruse paypal. I on the other hand have a great legal team who actually to this point have refused to take any more money from me, and even if it gets to the point i need to pay, i can go toe to toe with paypal for a VERY long time as a result of all the wonderful life changes bitcoin has brought me.

paypal after all has not made a profit a single year in business yet, and the only thing keeping them afloat is ebays seller fees.

For the rest of you who want to repeat the same post over and over:

I am well aware paypal is probably following this thread with a fine tooth comb. But with that, they are also aware that i have thousands of people who want to take action too, and even though we cannot combine lawsuits into class action, they are aware that i am not going to stop and that even if i lose thousands of people from the bitcoin community alone are going to have someone to help them, and lead them into their own actions as a group. Not to mention how many people will stand up against paypals illegal actions once they know there is a group leading a charge against them that are not part of bitcoin.

In summary: The crime that has been allowed to continue for a decade now will stop here, and it will stop now. WE WILL TAKE A STAND even if i lose. you can silence one or two, but you cannot silence the masses.

I wish you luck buddy. I've lost out on 7BTC that I sold on eBay a few months ago. They revoked my paypal account and took my money. What I don't understand is if it's against the Paypal user agreement, why do they allow you to sell Bitcoin on eBay? Given that eBay owns Paypal. It makes no God Damn sense at all. It seems like they are willing to charge you seller's fees but not let you keep your hard earned money. That is fraud, plain and simple.

You never mentioned why Paypal suspended your account. I am assuming you were selling Bitcoin on eBay?
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:41:07 PM

Nope, never sold bitcoin, just mining hardware latley, tons of other stuff from computers to servers to custom cases for x-boxes that i made. As for paypal, they never gave a reason more than " it involves bitcoin and we dont like that as we consider bitcoin competition " or in summary as told by another manager there " We can hold your money for as long as we want and we dont have to give you a reason why because we put it in the user agreement " <--- which is a crime

retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

Great to hear this is how you are approaching this.  Paypal have gotten away with their abuse of their power for far to long, all the best in your case.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:29:13 PM

Giant run-on paragraph, TL;DR, attention-deficit is such a gyft

TL; DR:  He's suing Paypal for blocking ASIC miners.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:36:28 PM

Paypal is full of BS, those clowns almost ruined our business. They automatically process chargebacks without investigation, customers order an item we deliver, customer claims item not received even with full tracking info and paypal just charge us without even looking at the tracking info. I hope they fall hard.
We have a new site just for bitcoins and it couldn't have been better.

What's the new site?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:36:56 PM

Bitcoin is just a competitor of PayPal in it's main field,Online Money transfer and with fees that can't be compared to PayPal's. so any fight against PayPal should be in Bitcoin benefit I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: