Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:15:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:26:48 PM

yep.. in a perfect world.. the best way to build a strong coin would be to increase the network hash and find the new stable price.. so yes we need to mature the noble community... and thanks to coinmarket.io we dont need to make an immediate listing on cryptsy.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZBBBB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:28:51 PM

^^^^ Agreed. To me the point of this coin isn't to make instant money on the front end, we need to be in this game for the marathon and not the sprint. We need Noble to mature at a sustainable rate. If we truly want to have an impact on the world, which I know I do, we have to be willing to put in the work now with the understanding that it's for long term goals. I know everyone is in coins to make money (which I am as well), but in the long run it's what the coin is work day 900, and not day 9. However, the more prosperous we make the coin in the long run, the more money the donations for charity will be worth and the more people we can truly help.

I'm going to share an embarrassing story but I hope it will demonstrate what I'm trying to say here. I, stupidly, had 4 million nobles mined (as I have been here since day 1) sitting nice and comfy on my pc, along with my stash of BTC as well as a ton of FTC. I never encrypted anything out of sheer laziness because I didn't want to have to use a password to do anything. Additionally, I used a ton of remote accesses from everywhere, work, bars, etc to get on my pc to check my miners, restart scripts, etc. That being said, I was entirely wiped out of everything a few days ago, all my wallets were reset and all of my backups and .dat files overridden, so I am back to square 1. That being said, even though my bank roll is gone, I will stay with this coin to the very end. It is not about becoming rich in reality, it is about changing the world and leaving my name on it. Being able to contribute to a coin that is sincerely NOBLE with the best of intentions is what I want to do. We all need to work together and really come together to keep the momentum going and hopefully keep our personal wants and needs at bay to make this thing successful, because what we do today will have a direct impact on everything that is here tomorrow.

That being said, this community is great and I appreciate everything every does, for profit or just for the betterment of the coin.

Thanks All.
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:31:43 PM

*****OFFICIAL***********PROJECT UPDATES***********
Dear Noble Community,
                    We'd like to take a more proactive approach to documenting, tracking, and coordinating projects across the board, not only to include official Noble Dev projects but community projects as well. This will give a better definition to the scope of current actions as well the status of specific tasks and who is currently working on what. If anyone is currently working on anything Noble related, even anything as small as emailing stories to some news outlet or following up with merchants please touch base with us just so we have everything tracked. Contact us at projects@noblemovement.com Thanks All!

0 info from anyone Smiley I know you guys are working on a lot, we are just trying to get them all in the same place. So if you are working on any dev pieces such as a paper wallet, game, or anything, please shoot us a quick email. Thanks as always!

ZBBBB, i think you should use bigger fonts and/or bold and/or color, because your post was very "small" and easy to miss Wink

Anyway thanks for a reminder!
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:49:50 PM

^^^^ Agreed. To me the point of this coin isn't to make instant money on the front end, we need to be in this game for the marathon and not the sprint. We need Noble to mature at a sustainable rate. If we truly want to have an impact on the world, which I know I do, we have to be willing to put in the work now with the understanding that it's for long term goals. I know everyone is in coins to make money (which I am as well), but in the long run it's what the coin is work day 900, and not day 9. However, the more prosperous we make the coin in the long run, the more money the donations for charity will be worth and the more people we can truly help.

I'm going to share an embarrassing story but I hope it will demonstrate what I'm trying to say here. I, stupidly, had 4 million nobles mined (as I have been here since day 1) sitting nice and comfy on my pc, along with my stash of BTC as well as a ton of FTC. I never encrypted anything out of sheer laziness because I didn't want to have to use a password to do anything. Additionally, I used a ton of remote accesses from everywhere, work, bars, etc to get on my pc to check my miners, restart scripts, etc. That being said, I was entirely wiped out of everything a few days ago, all my wallets were reset and all of my backups and .dat files overridden, so I am back to square 1. That being said, even though my bank roll is gone, I will stay with this coin to the very end. It is not about becoming rich in reality, it is about changing the world and leaving my name on it. Being able to contribute to a coin that is sincerely NOBLE with the best of intentions is what I want to do. We all need to work together and really come together to keep the momentum going and hopefully keep our personal wants and needs at bay to make this thing successful, because what we do today will have a direct impact on everything that is here tomorrow.

That being said, this community is great and I appreciate everything every does, for profit or just for the betterment of the coin.

Thanks All.

My thoughts are with you man. Did someone steal it("hacked"), or was it complete meltdown of equipment?

This is just me thinking out loud, but it would be interesting to see a coin approach the world in a unique way. No pushing to new exchanges, just focus on the important parts (I'm not saying exchanges aren't important). Improving the community, "getting the word out", branding Noble to be perceived the way we want it to. Getting the ball rolling. With our Noble Movement I think this coin is a perfect candidate to try this, a more "noble" approach than the rest.

A "We don't care about the money, it is the project itself that is of value" - type of approach. This will brand us as more unique then we are today, our own niche.

I am looking for coins like this because I know from experience and education that long term thinking is always the best. It is more sustainable, it is safer for investors and others associated with the coin, and it takes the "get rich quick" part surrounding Cryptos out of the equation. This will be very attractive for investors providing payment solutions in the future. Now that we are listed on one exchange it is easy enough for now for people to buy Nobles. I'd love too see one coin not end up in the crowd that is screaming to get listed. Anyone with thoughts like mine?
pool-mining

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

noble.pool-mining.com

With the massive increase in Net Hash, which our pool has followed but not matched, we're finding fewer blocks per hour than required to meet our server costs - even with worker donations. This means that, regrettably, we're having to reintroduce our 1% pool fee.

Obviously, we'll continue to watch the situation closely and will remove the fee just as soon as possible.

However, the pool carries on:

• noble.pool-mining.com
  • PPLNS
  • VARDIFF (with CPU friendly minimums)
  • Auto Payout as little as 1 Noble
  • 1% pool fee
  • Fully load balanced and auto scaling servers, giving you the best latency possible at all times.

Hopefully those who are currently mining with us will continue to do so, we're not going anywhere - and we hope you'll agree that the pool speed is worth that little 1% fee.

Thanks
ZBBBB

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:53:51 PM

Thanks All.

My thoughts are with you man. Did someone steal it("hacked"), or was it complete meltdown of equipment?

This is just me thinking out loud, but it would be interesting to see a coin approach the world in a unique way. No pushing to new exchanges, just focus on the important parts (I'm not saying exchanges aren't important). Improving the community, "getting the word out", branding Noble to be perceived the way we want it to. Getting the ball rolling. With our Noble Movement I think this coin is a perfect candidate to try this, a more "noble" approach than the rest.

A "We don't care about the money, it is the project itself that is of value" - type of approach. This will brand us as more unique then we are today, our own niche.

I am looking for coins like this because I know from experience and education that long term thinking is always the best. It is more sustainable, it is safer for investors and others associated with the coin, and it takes the "get rich quick" part surrounding Cryptos out of the equation. This will be very attractive for investors providing payment solutions in the future. Now that we are listed on one exchange it is easy enough for now for people to buy Nobles. I'd love too see one coin not end up in the crowd that is screaming to get listed. Anyone with thoughts like mine?

Per the block chain everything was sent out, 4million out going from my address, but I can't even get into that wallet to see anything (which I had my miners still pointed out for another 12 hours before noticing so it still has a balance) Sad . 100% my own stupidity and in all reality was embarrassed to even say anything about it as I didn't follow any of the golden rules of protecting myself. Whomever did it was smart about covering their tracks, I tried to do a system restore to 24 hours previous to see if I could restore my wallet files but it ended up screwing up my ssd and I got the blue screen of death and "No Bootable Device Found"...had to literally start back from 0. However I felt if I shared the story it may inspire more with the hope of keeping people on for the long term.
Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:09:38 PM

Coinmarket.io is down Sad Any ETA or other news?

rustylezaz

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

They posted on Twitter:

"CoinMarket.io - @CoinMarketio 21 minutes ago:

Expected downtime up to 2 hours."

don´t worry  Wink
sakkosekk

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:12:12 PM

Thanks All.

Per the block chain everything was sent out, 4million out going from my address, but I can't even get into that wallet to see anything (which I had my miners still pointed out for another 12 hours before noticing so it still has a balance) Sad . 100% my own stupidity and in all reality was embarrassed to even say anything about it as I didn't follow any of the golden rules of protecting myself. Whomever did it was smart about covering their tracks, I tried to do a system restore to 24 hours previous to see if I could restore my wallet files but it ended up screwing up my ssd and I got the blue screen of death and "No Bootable Device Found"...had to literally start back from 0. However I felt if I shared the story it may inspire more with the hope of keeping people on for the long term.

I don't know too much about security and IT, but it is easier for "strangers" to get access when you use a lot of remote connections?  It would be a good story for Noble; A guy lost 4mil, but he still with us because of the community and cause Smiley
Tweek

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:14:52 PM

They posted on Twitter:

don´t worry  Wink
Thanks, good thing we have other people in the world who do have Twitter and Facebook. Smiley

ZBBBB

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:16:17 PM

I don't know too much about security and IT, but it is easier for "strangers" to get access when you use a lot of remote connections?  It would be a good story for Noble; A guy lost 4mil, but he still with us because of the community and cause Smiley
Im only assuming but using shady wifi's assuming anyone can grab anything they want. Im no security specialist either and unfortunately didn't even have the skills to really look into. Thankfully one of our guys HearNoMore was able to dig into it for me and confirm my fears, my skills are lacking in that area.
sakkosekk

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:33:34 PM

Im only assuming but using shady wifi's assuming anyone can grab anything they want. Im no security specialist either and unfortunately didn't even have the skills to really look into. Thankfully one of our guys HearNoMore was able to dig into it for me and confirm my fears, my skills are lacking in that area.

That is my problem with tech, I have no idea how to protect myself besides passwords.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:42:55 PM

coinmarket.io down???
Tweek

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:45:37 PM

They posted on Twitter:

don´t worry  Wink
coinmarket.io down???
Yea it is.

sakkosekk

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:46:34 PM

coinmarket.io down???

yes, for about two hours. https://twitter.com/CoinMarketio
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:47:17 PM

TY
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:53:33 PM

Thanks All.

^^I totally agree with you guys.^^

1. Let NobleCoin, as a new alt-currency in it's infancy, grow at its natural pace. The price is not important at all for a coin to be a good medium of wealth transfer.
Don't push it too quick somewhere where its potential could be easily crushed (you should know the hazards, but me, i think i'm not aware of them — multipools? whales? big gamblers?).

But meanwhile, YES, the Movement and the Network — i think here we should have no brakes at all. I think that the main activity should focus on this area, and not on polls on exchanges.
Our proper new apps, sites, services — why not? THIS will, without using any words or explanations, convince the newcomers that we are taking it seriously and with long-term plans.

2. Do you remember Satoshi's "No, don’t “bring it on”. The project needs to grow gradually"? — it was about WikiLeaks, but that's what i'm thinking about Cryptsy, Coinwarz, Coinchoose etc. right now.

3. Yes, let is be the first coin actually being beegged for a possibility to list it on someones exchange Wink I like not ending in the crowd. More: THIS (not shouting for being listed, no troll posts at all, no fights at all, being helpful and reasonable — and yes, sharing beautiful ideas) — will be something that truly distinguish our community from others at first. Then, in the future, i want to see all of them unite and merge, with maybe distinct coins, but common goals shared by whole humanity).

4. But for example https://www.coinpayments.net/? Yes, of course, i think the sooner the better, because this is for the true reason and purpose of the coin.

ZBBBB, i'm really sorry about that loss. I can imagine my feelings in such situation...

Guys, what about a whip-round? Would it be noble? Wink
hackking

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:31:47 AM

CoinMarket.io ‏Expected downtime up to 2 hours.
time is over
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 12:41:26 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 03:53:50 AM by ctenc001

Come Join CryptoTycoons!!!

http://noblecoin.cryptotycoons.com/

North American Pool
only .5% Fee[/b]!!!  
FAST!!

its one of the cheapest and oldest pools around, and the owner (ME) is almost always available!
To vouch for my reputation, go to cryptotycoons.com and check out all the other pools and websites I currently own. I can't afford not ot offer great services!  =)

You can now purchase 0% fee for life passes at my new store: store.cryptotycoons.com

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:20:20 AM

We've hit the $1000.00 mark with The Water Project

I check this morning and just want to give a big special thanks to Patricia Sharpless for pushing us over the $1000.00 mark with The Water Project!

We also donated a fifth payment of 0.5 BTC worth of NOBLE yesterday, but just waiting for it to be confirmed on the other end!

http://www.noblemovement.com/noblecoin-the-water-project/

https://thewaterproject.org/community/profile/jason-curby

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: