Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:23:53 AM

hmm looks like coinmarket.io is down for the moment... upgrade?
As far as I am aware there was no announcement about it yet. Been down for a half hour
The guy lives in Norway I think, so it's the early hours of the morning right now. It will be back up when he is up.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indigon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:36:04 AM

Ok guys, I need a little community help…I want to mine, but I have no idea whether I can or not with the laptop that I have…I have thought about trying to get a specialized miner but I don’t know whether it would work with a coin like this or bitcoin…or…jeez, I am just confused, I keep reading about the mining process but I feel like I am not getting anywhere so…

…here is my laptop specs, could you guys just tell me whether I can mine with it and if so how many coins approx. would I get a day? Or should I get one of those USB ASIC things? Or a rig? Thank you for your time and I am sorry for being such a newb miner Smiley

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 
Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory

BTC: 1PmcexFQGQ8ax51MfwmvAVLaQMLgd8A1jc 
LTC: LZqrgT7r6v1dXSNz2CcyacTcLx4BiB3Gqy 
USDe: GTQ83soyutN44KrLY8TfYbQGnMMiQF7emT
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:48:55 AM

Currently at ~50 MH/s; need more! =D

Come Join CryptoTycoons!!!

http://noblecoin.cryptotycoons.com/

North American Pool
only .5% Fee[/b]!!!  
FAST!!

its one of the cheapest and oldest pools around, and the owner (ME) is almost always available!
To vouch for my reputation, go to cryptotycoons.com and check out all the other pools and websites I currently own. I can't afford not ot offer great services!  =)

Now at 100MH/s!!!
We're Getting some big miners interested in noblecoin!
[/quote]
Now at 130 MH/s!!!
[/quote]
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:58:53 AM

Ok guys, I need a little community help…I want to mine, but I have no idea whether I can or not with the laptop that I have…I have thought about trying to get a specialized miner but I don’t know whether it would work with a coin like this or bitcoin…or…jeez, I am just confused, I keep reading about the mining process but I feel like I am not getting anywhere so…

…here is my laptop specs, could you guys just tell me whether I can mine with it and if so how many coins approx. would I get a day? Or should I get one of those USB ASIC things? Or a rig? Thank you for your time and I am sorry for being such a newb miner Smiley

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Hop on irc, we will happily help you out
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:00:46 AM

Demand is always good, it's a matter of HOW to manage it. Even if it is a pump and dump, devs and community can use it to their advantage.
indigon

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:07:06 AM

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

I'm sorry, but what is IRC?

BTC: 1PmcexFQGQ8ax51MfwmvAVLaQMLgd8A1jc 
LTC: LZqrgT7r6v1dXSNz2CcyacTcLx4BiB3Gqy 
USDe: GTQ83soyutN44KrLY8TfYbQGnMMiQF7emT
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:12:15 AM

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

webchat.freenode.net

Just join the channel #noblecoin

I'm there with a bunch of other great guys, we will talk to you there
I'm sorry, but what is IRC?
AdamT

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:31:12 AM

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Meh, you're not going to be able to mine much with that. Better just to buy a ton of coins low, then sit and wait for price to rise in the coming weeks/months.

ASIC chips are for Bitcoin only, you can't mine Noblecoin with those, as it's a different algorithm.
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:23:49 AM

Thats not exactly true.. ASIC miners are for all SHA-256 coins if i am not mistaken...

on the other hand.. COINS LIKE NOBLE are scrypt based so only CPU and GPU can be used to mine currently..

You will be hamstrung by the fact you are running an nvidia card.. dont need to see the model... as nvidia just does not hash well..

pls head here to see what kinda hash rates you can expect from the hardware..
https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

You will likely see a hash rate of.. 25-30kh/s on you gpu and another 38kh/s from your cpu if u set that up as welll..

so optimistically you will get about 68 kh/s... which means you might get about 1400 Noble coins a day at current diff...
@ last checked market rate that would be about 0.00145163 BTC.. @800usd your looking at an earning of about USD 1.16 a day...

i imagine your power consumption would be about $1 a day.. so maybe you will end up with 0.16 cents.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
Grrizz

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:31:13 AM

Thats not exactly true.. ASIC miners are for all SHA-256 coins if i am not mistaken...

on the other hand.. COINS LIKE NOBLE are scrypt based so only CPU and GPU can be used to mine currently..

You will be hamstrung by the fact you are running an nvidia card.. dont need to see the model... as nvidia just does not hash well..

You will likely see a hash rate of.. 25-30kh/s on you gpu and another 38kh/s from your cpu if u set that up as welll..

so optimistically you will get about 68 kh/s... which means you might get about 1400 Noble coins a day at current diff...
@ last checked market rate that would be about 0.00145163 BTC.. @800usd your looking at an earning of about USD 1.16 a day...

i imagine your power consumption would be about $1 a day.. so maybe you will end up with 0.16 cents.

There are some (one?) small time ASICs atm but I wouldn't expect to see anything big/mainstream till ~mid year.
damnation

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:33:48 AM

There are some (one) small time ASICs atm but I wouldn't expect to see anything big/mainstream till ~mid year.

dint know about that... i heard about the FPGA's with a 12 month ROI but dint notice any asic news.. but the asics even if they do pop out.. are gonna need to be made cheaper and better tuned..

One thing though.. i believe its LTC ASIC... but not all scrypts are the same... so i believe the ASIC will only work on LTC and ltc clones... not on other variations

whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:53:03 AM

We have reached 10% of our Water Project goal! Great job everyone and thanks to those that have donated.

Grrizz

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:56:57 AM

There are some (one) small time ASICs atm but I wouldn't expect to see anything big/mainstream till ~mid year.

dint know about that... i heard about the FPGA's with a 12 month ROI but dint notice any asic news.. but the asics even if they do pop out.. are gonna need to be made cheaper and better tuned..

One thing though.. i believe its LTC ASIC... but not all scrypts are the same... so i believe the ASIC will only work on LTC and ltc clones... not on other variations
Yea the ones ATM are heavily over priced to the point of not being worth while but alpha tech are targeting 5Mh/s @ 70W around a mid-year release for ~$2.5K USD but nothing solid yet.

You might be right about them only being able to do LTC and LTC clones though, IDK any details on that. They do say "This device can perform proof-of-work (hashing) for all Scrypt based coins." though.
damnation

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:05:13 AM

well technically.. it would only require a tweak to adjust for a new coin... but i wonder if its hardware or software...

the new ones are just a little bit to expensive and just a little bit too dodgy.. i mean i find it strange that a UK company/website is so full of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.. considering this is a billion dollar industry.. you would think more attention to detail would be made... instead of the old.. give me 5000 GBP and i will give you the world

Lorren

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:12:19 AM

Currently at ~50 MH/s; need more! =D

Come Join CryptoTycoons!!!

http://noblecoin.cryptotycoons.com/

North American Pool
only .5% Fee[/b]!!!  
FAST!!

its one of the cheapest and oldest pools around, and the owner (ME) is almost always available!
To vouch for my reputation, go to cryptotycoons.com and check out all the other pools and websites I currently own. I can't afford not ot offer great services!  =)

Now at 100MH/s!!!
We're Getting some big miners interested in noblecoin!
Now at 130 MH/s!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not a big miner, but I'm trying out Noblecoin.  I keep seeing the name pop up, so I'd like to see about getting some.  Cryptotycoons has been good to me with RPC, so I'll try it out here :-)

BitcoinLove Bitcoin products on Zazzle.
BTC:  1BaRWVFD927cfDcCfxn9vhJn2L6ZKKNSP1
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:18:41 AM

With all the discussion and following of the difficulty chart, one of our amazing community members Mike
(the guy who also bought us Which NOBLE Pool is Best For You?*) has now given us:

The NobleCoin Difficulty Chart
Regularly updated automatically on our website

He's working on some pretty neat in-depth stuff in the background also so we've got some pretty slick tools on the way for NobleCoin
(and ultimately any other coin that would be happy to have them).

*Working on those ping time-out issues.

Very nice! Can I suggest to use the avarage value instead of the actual values? This will smoothen out the graph. Don't think every spike/dip in difificulty is required. Maybe use the avarage of the 5 blocks to the left and right to calculate the value at a timepoint? Will be easier on the eye Smiley
monik09

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:23:48 AM

thanks

9pikFgT9eZwHZYsNfjCvcHD8QnTetXLjKe
Freekiiee

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:28:10 AM

With all the discussion and following of the difficulty chart, one of our amazing community members Mike
(the guy who also bought us Which NOBLE Pool is Best For You?*) has now given us:

The NobleCoin Difficulty Chart
Regularly updated automatically on our website

He's working on some pretty neat in-depth stuff in the background also so we've got some pretty slick tools on the way for NobleCoin
(and ultimately any other coin that would be happy to have them).

*Working on those ping time-out issues.

Very nice! Can I suggest to use the avarage value instead of the actual values? This will smoothen out the graph. Don't think every spike/dip in difificulty is required. Maybe use the avarage of the 5 blocks to the left and right to calculate the value at a timepoint? Will be easier on the eye Smiley

I like the spikes, it gives you an idea of when the value probably peaked for instance Cheesy
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:48:13 AM

hmm looks like coinmarket.io is down for the moment... upgrade?
As far as I am aware there was no announcement about it yet. Been down for a half hour
The guy lives in Norway I think, so it's the early hours of the morning right now. It will be back up when he is up.

It's now 9:44 am in Norway and it's still not up after being down for hours https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422153.720

Post there explains there is a unknown problem that forced the server down so for now lets have some faith, they are a new exchange and Have not let us down yet....

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:52:08 AM

They're active in IRC at the moment working on it, we should be OK. Smiley

Also, public ledger updated.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: