Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [eToken] Rare | Website 11 languages | New version -> mandatory update  (Read 108279 times)
Solidchance

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:48:00 AM

The trades after fork are not the big problem i think, because many of the trades were old coins that already were on coinedup, so it isn't necessary to revert all trades.

The problem are the coins that were deposited to coinedup after the fork and then exchanged.
It should be possible to get the data from coinedup about the deposited amounts of etoken after fork. It shouldn't be that many deposits, because the most etok after fork were mined by a few solo miners.

Then we can collect donations for coinedup, to replace the exact amount of etoken deposited to coinedup after fork.
If it is too much, the exact amount of missing etoken could be included in the new fork and send to coinedup?
That way, the etok balances of the user accounts at coinedup would just remain the same since when the exchange went offline and nobody would lose anything.

(I don't know how coinedup deposits work, but i expect it to be a single wallet with different adresses for deposit? If thats true it should be possible like i explained.)

I emailed coinedup, so for now we'll just wait and see. As for re-forking, I would rather pay out of pocket for someone legit (i.e. axio ) and have a good product that we know will work, then to just try and fix it ourselves. Its a small price to pay considering we all have pretty much nothing now
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:54:12 AM

what if we do this... and no it isn't the best solution because not everyone is going to be happy (including myself) but an option no the less.

Fork etoken at the block that coinedup stopped trading

In this fork do the following-
- destroy the 100000 etok that the dev still apparently holds
- introduce gravity well difficulty
- get rid of the 2500 and 250 block rewards (I believe these blocks could cause a fork in the future) and smooth out the block rewards for the remainder of the coin mining term but include another 100000 so that the total coins is the same in the end (900,000)

I think if this is done, everyone will be happy because they keep their etokens, coinedup will be happy because they loose nothing, the pools should be happy because I think they had all closed by this point.

the only down side I see to this is the people that kept mining after the issue started will be rewarded for their greed but hopefully they have already sold most of them and therefore the gain will be shared with the people that purchased them (unfortunately I didn't buy any  Cry)

is there anything I am missing?
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:56:09 AM

I have a question, i sent 200eTOK to my coinedup account, but if never got there because of the fork.

Will i ever see those 200 again?
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:57:59 AM

I have a question, i sent 200eTOK to my coinedup account, but if never got there because of the fork.

We're u on the old chain?
tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:59:53 AM

We're u on the old chain?

I never upgraded my client or anything, so i suppose i was
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:01:22 AM

Then I believe u would get them back  Smiley
tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:01:46 AM

thanks for your information
Solidchance

Activity: 169

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:06:30 AM

what if we do this... and no it isn't the best solution because not everyone is going to be happy (including myself) but an option no the less.

- get rid of the 2500 and 250 block rewards (I believe these blocks could cause a fork in the future) and smooth out the block rewards for the remainder of the coin mining term but include another 100000 so that the total coins is the same in the end (900,000)

I think if this is done, everyone will be happy because they keep their etokens, coinedup will be happy because they loose nothing, the pools should be happy because I think they had all closed by this point.

the only down side I see to this is the people that kept mining after the issue started will be rewarded for their greed but hopefully they have already sold most of them and therefore the gain will be shared with the people that purchased them (unfortunately I didn't buy any  Cry)

+1 Lets get er done, we need a new website so people can download the new client, Also we need 24/7 DDOS against e-token.org stat
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:22:02 AM

etok was offline on coinedup,how do i get my etok back ?
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:59:07 AM

etok was offline on coinedup,how do i get my etok back ?

if the fix above is implemented then all coinedup balances would remain
maxidoge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:01:55 AM

i have bought some eTok at the very begining and holding them on coinedup.
hope i won't loose them after changes and also that they will have some value.
because i have spent bitcoins buying eTok.

after changes eTok must have some value, at least not inferior of value that original eTok had at the begining.
tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:18:37 AM

Mogui has abandon this project. We need immediate assistance with bounty
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:03:40 AM

i have bought some eTok at the very begining and holding them on coinedup.
hope i won't loose them after changes and also that they will have some value.
because i have spent bitcoins buying eTok.

after changes eTok must have some value, at least not inferior of value that original eTok had at the begining.

We are all in the same boat, that is why the community is trying to come up with a solution
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:05:12 AM

So far no one is disagreeing with this......
Anacronix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

the cake is a lie

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:22:29 AM

By keeping all the "easy" coins we would reward the greedy people that kept mining at bugged diff and those that bought very cheap. Them , being greedy , will most likely dump and f*ck the price. As for the bonus blocks, they are indeed a bad idea for a rare coin.

suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:47:12 AM

By keeping all the "easy" coins we would reward the greedy people that kept mining at bugged diff and those that bought very cheap. Them , being greedy , will most likely dump and f*ck the price. As for the bonus blocks, they are indeed a bad idea for a rare coin.

I agree with you about not wanting to reward the greedy easy miners but how else do u do it so that coined up is happy, pools are happy and all original supporters are happy and don't lose their etokens?

I don't see any other option at the moment....
Mjollnir

Activity: 182

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:20:33 AM

I agree with you about not wanting to reward the greedy easy miners but how else do u do it so that coined up is happy, pools are happy and all original supporters are happy and don't lose their etokens?

I don't see any other option at the moment....

Well it will be difficult indead. But like i tought yesterday we should need to get some info from coinedup

I have some PM contact with Solidchance. And seems he had the same tought. He got a list of coinedup with the transactions.
Its about 3000etoken in deposits

126 coins where withdrawn.

We can not save everyone. We also have to make clear the "new" etoken is a different beast. Without the bank and with a little group in control. Instead of a single dev with a bank.

It will take time but it still can grow. Some people are impressed with how much motivation there is to save this thing. That must count for something. And we dont have much choise. Besided giving up. I dont like giving up  Grin

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:24:20 AM

We need an actual forum, i like emunie's layout the best, but an easy fix would just go back to the fork w the original diff level just to get it up and running, only prob is theres prob not much hash w all this bad pr

I saw you fond and already signed up at e-token.info
If you have any ideas about the setup or look and feel let me know(altough this forum maybe temporary). I just made a very quick installment yesterday. I can have a look at the theme today. To make it a little more clean.

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:32:09 AM

Yet another separate forum is really bad idea imho. We can easily keep discussion here or make new thread for this.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Mjollnir

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:36:26 AM

Yet another separate forum is really bad idea imho. We can easily keep discussion here or make new thread for this.

Problem is we only have 1 topic here. And 107 pages. We need to keep track on who is doing what. And what info we have that matters. Its easier to put in dedicated topics. Like team info, payments on new chain, payments on the old chain etc. So we keep it centralised. Otherwise its going to be a mess i think.

edit Ofcourse all info should be shared here also.

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: