Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 04:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game!  (Read 35813 times)
kuroato (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:45:05 AM

Can you turn on the HP bar?
Its hard for me to fight monsters without it.

Can you also have level indicators on ourselves and the mobs so that we know which mobs we are capable of killing.

Yes actually I do have Level indicator and health bar but I disabled it for now because the current setup was very cluttered and it got in the way of viewing the player, mob, and environment, so I will be creating a new graphic for all that which will be part if the HUD. 

also I must note, the enemies won't have a level indicator on them because Levels won't really matter in this game, it will be a matter of skill rather than level to defeat your enemies, monsters or other players. It will make more sense once I have the action bar and skills working.
KCBitcoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:29:08 AM

Can you turn on the HP bar?
Its hard for me to fight monsters without it.

Can you also have level indicators on ourselves and the mobs so that we know which mobs we are capable of killing.

Yes actually I do have Level indicator and health bar but I disabled it for now because the current setup was very cluttered and it got in the way of viewing the player, mob, and environment, so I will be creating a new graphic for all that which will be part if the HUD. 

also I must note, the enemies won't have a level indicator on them because Levels won't really matter in this game, it will be a matter of skill rather than level to defeat your enemies, monsters or other players. It will make more sense once I have the action bar and skills working.

Skills
Actually, the skills are working fine, surprisingly.

They will light up once I engage the enemies. (the dash skill is always lit up and usable once right-clicked)

I have been using the first skill constantly by right-clicking it when engaged.

I also found that the hp potion will light up whenever I got hit i.e. not at full health. I can then right click it to consume a potion. Once consumed, it will dim out. (thats bcz we are back to full health i assume)

However, only the AoE skill(2nd skill) seems buggy, I only see it light up two or three times when I fight my way to lv40. (It appears that this skill has a chance of becoming available only when I am surrounded by a lot of mobs, maybe 4 or more)

One thing I find unhandy is that you always have to move your cursor to right click the skills in order to use them.
Do you plan to bind the skills to the keyboard like number 1,2,3,4? This is what traditional RPG games do.
(not sure if you did this on purpose, cuz after I leveled up to lv40, i find it is fun to actually keep your mouse busy all the time moving, targeting and clicking skills. This feels more engaged than using both hands with keyboard and mouse)

Gravity
I think you need to tweek the gravity setting in the game a little bit, since every time i jump, I feel like I'm on the moon.

Display
The counts of bitcoins and potions are not moving with window resolutions correctly. I didn't know there was a count until I went full screen.

Conclusion
Other than what is mentioned above, I find this game surprisingly fun and addictive to play.(I am now lv 41 with more than 400 "bitcoins" Tongue)
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:56:18 AM

Conclusion
Other than what is mentioned above, I find this game surprisingly fun and addictive to play.(I am now lv 41 with more than 400 "bitcoins" Tongue)

Awesome Review! = ) thanks alot for the feedback really appreciated and much needed....  

I didn't realize the skills worked with right click? lol... anyhow not fully working as I intend them to, and there will be much more flashier special effects to showcase the skills when used...  

I do plan to add keyboard binding of the skills to to number keys, gravity yes will be adjusted.

i'm glad you enjoy it, too bad you can't save your lvl and coins collected yet lol! registration will come soon as alot of the bugs and other features have been fixed or added.
KCBitcoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:34:30 AM

Conclusion

Awesome Review! = ) thanks alot for the feedback really appreciated and much needed....  

I didn't realize the skills worked with right click? lol... anyhow not fully working as I intend them to, and there will be much more flashier special effects to showcase the skills when used...  

I do plan to add keyboard binding of the skills to to number keys, gravity yes will be adjusted.

i'm glad you enjoy it, too bad you can't save your lvl and coins collected yet lol! registration will come soon as alot of the bugs and other features have been fixed or added.
Regarding the hp bar, I've seen it in your promotion video, and yes it does block sight a little bit.
I would suggest that you display it above the skills section as a thin red tube(thats where my eyes focus at).
However, include it as an option in Settings to display a floating hp bar above your character if players want to. Smiley
Jacksquere

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:56:22 PM

Nice Games Wink

BitcoinexchangeGuide.com - List and Review of Best Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins!
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

Nice Games Wink

Thanks! Stay tuned, more to come...   Grin
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:52:58 AM

Dear CoinRPG Fans,

We have recently announced the release of CoinRPG Beta on March 5th. Although the game is still lacking many features and visual enhancements, we managed to get a good bit of positive reviews and attention so far. If you have managed to play CoinRPG Beta and ran around the world for a bit, getting a feel for the game; we want to thank you for playing CoinRPG! 

We have much more exciting Updates to come before CoinRPG is Officially Launched and CoinRPG's Bitcoin Contests Begin! In the meantime we want to encourage you to Join the Forum and share your experience so far. Player feedback is very important to help ensure we are doing a good job at creating a fun and enjoyable game.

Finally, we need your help! We need your help to keep spreading the word about CoinRPG! Tweet, Share a link on Facebook, or Email your Friends about CoinRPG. With your help, we can create a buzz on the internet and around the world about CoinRPG.

What's in it for you? Well simple, more players equals more fun! More players also helps us to monetize CoinRPG to pay for development costs, allowing us to add more features, more Bitcoin Contests and Prizes, overall helps to make CoinRPG better and better for everyone to enjoy!   

Thanks for reading, and thanks for supporting CoinRPG. Much more to come, stay tuned!

CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG
web: www.coinrpg.com
email: info@coinrpg.com
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:53:29 PM

Nice Games Wink

Thanks! Stay tuned, more to come...   Grin

More to come?
When indeed? Smiley any news? any screens? Cheesy
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:11:27 PM

looks really good. But very not controllable my mac must be getting ready for the scrap yard

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:13:30 PM

I will try it in lower resolution but I just got killed by some triffids. Excelent good job. Will it be browser based eventually or are you sticking to unity?

To peel or not to peel.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:17:05 AM

More to come?
When indeed? Smiley any news? any screens? Cheesy

no new screen shots yet, or new feature updates just yet, we only just released the Beta 5 days ago, so thats the latest update... need abit longer before next update but should not be longer than 1-2 weeks at best.

looks really good. But very not controllable my mac must be getting ready for the scrap yard

thank you... and im sorry to hear that about your mac,  i did try my best to optimize the graphic quality vs performance to get a good balanced playable build. Next update will have a Setting to Lower Graphic Quality so maybe that will help performance for you, if not then yea i think you'll need an upgrade by the sounds of it.

I will try it in lower resolution but I just got killed by some triffids. Excelent good job. Will it be browser based eventually or are you sticking to unity?

actually it is browser based already, when you click on Play at the website we give you 4 options, the first one is play the game in the Browser try it, but not sure it will make much difference performance wise on your Mac maybe a alittle.
MarshallSambell

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:21:02 AM

has this been released yet?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:57:52 PM

has this been released yet?

Just as Beta, you can play it now, but it's missing alot of features: http://coinrpg.com 

also the Bitcoin Contests are not running yet, this will come when the game is ready for official launch.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 09:31:15 PM

Yep I can't wait for an alpha version! Smiley

This is very good project and I am Unity3d dev so I respect it even more Wink

RegardS!
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:15:17 PM

Yep I can't wait for an alpha version! Smiley

This is very good project and I am Unity3d dev so I respect it even more Wink

RegardS!

lol, i mentioned above the Beta was released a couple times, it's out and you can try it but it's missing alot of features... more to come soon.  Wink
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

Update!  Grin

We are getting very close to completing the next round of updates that will add tons of awesome features to CoinRPG! Stay Tuned...
contro

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:42:06 PM

I will give it a try sounds fun! Cheesy
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:54:53 AM

I will give it a try sounds fun! Cheesy

Thanks! We were hoping to have Updates for you guys this weekend, but we will have to push back another week, so stay tuned, More Fun is on the Way!  Grin
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:27:32 AM

Check out some the Latest Screenshots of CoinRPG!  Grin

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:57:59 AM

CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG, Beta v0.2 Gameplay Preview: