Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Williams ~ The Smoking Gun(s) or Phin's Pholly  (Read 16247 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 10:31:18 PM

OP: You wrote all of that post and said nothing. Ignored.

I'm back now, but going to take a nap. I had it all laid out this morning (when the sun was coming out) but had to get some shut eye. If I tried to do it now, I would eff it all up. But let me leave you with this, if my memory serves this tired brain correctly, a close fried on Tom Williams directly links to Bruce. Without opening up a tap and double checking, there's this Russian dude who signed up to Mt. Gox between Bruce and Ed (not the only Russian connection I uncovered). Also double check the first couple or so names after Ed signed up. The trip today wore my ass out for even during driving I kept rolling this information around in my head.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 10:57:47 PM

SA goons keep talking about how Tom Williams allegedly attended the Bitcoin Conference in NYC unmolested, but I've never seen any credible citation for this - anyone know anything about that?

People were openly bashing the guy there.  If he was there then he has nerve.  I know because the flexcoin table had the most people asking "are you another mybitcoin".   Mostly because it just happened and was fresh in everyone's head...  Including mine..  We still have some legacy from it.  For example flexcoin has a 15 confirm policy due to what Tom "claimed" happened.

Paranoid maybe but that diaster in focus did up the standard for security..   

Even if security wasn't what happened..  My feeling was theft but I dint know.  I never had coins at mybitcoin...

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 02:20:38 AM

SA goons keep talking about how Tom Williams allegedly attended the Bitcoin Conference in NYC unmolested, but I've never seen any credible citation for this - anyone know anything about that?

I heard the rumor that he was there too but there is nothing credible backing that up.

They were also talking about some Swedish guy with a backpack stealing laptops.  I never heard anything about it here, so I figured they might've been just making it up.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 02:23:42 AM

They were also talking about some Swedish guy with a backpack stealing laptops.  I never heard anything about it here, so I figured they might've been just making it up.

He probably only actually wanted the wallets. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
indicasteve

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 03:39:04 AM

I think "Tom Willams" may be Vietnamese...

According to bitcoinfeedback.com, the username 'wildtigon' is associated with mybitcoin.com

wildtigon's Business or Real Name: MyBitcoin LLC
Email Address: tien.dat79@yahoo.com

Source: http://bitcoinfeedback.com/viewuser.php?id=195

After a bit of googling, I found wildtigon is really into high power GPU processing as he posted that he was impressed with this fellow's rig here: (post #11) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?211727-Celeron-E1200-Aircooling-run-Great-results&p=3520070&highlight=#post3520070

wildtigon has a mostly blank webpage at http://wildtigon.multiply.com/   The title of the page is 'Nguyen's Site'

So, I then did a google search for 'wildtigon Nguyen' and a crap ton of sites came up, but everything is in Vietnamese.  But from what I have been able to translate, this person has been heavily involved in high power GPU processing for quite some time.

Perhaps someone who can read Vietnamese might have better luck in digging deeper...  

Edit: also, googling his email address also gave numerous hits. He is a member on another forum with 767 posts...but all in chicken scratch I can't read.  http://vozforums.com/member.php?u=674200

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:07:53 AM

I'll wait for the ebook. I have secured my position in VexCoins.
indicasteve

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 04:26:51 AM

These guys on that forum have been mining bitcoins since 2007.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DWildtigon%2Bbitcoin%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D574%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=vi&twu=1&u=http://vozforums.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D16927%26page%3D5&usg=ALkJrhhVV8B-X9FJu9rQpG_AXMBfvZ57ew

2nd post down some guy describes his rig in 2007:
Seeds for farm Bitcoin:

Twin Frorz III 2GB MSI 6950 OC | 2GB 6970 the REF | PC HD 6950 1GB | Sapphire HD 6950 2GB

Further down the page, wildtigon's name is mentioned a few times...but with google's broken translation, it don't make a lot of sense.

BitVapes

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 04:30:45 AM

incredible... they have managed to time travel using brute GPU hashing force!   (bitcoin was released in 2009)

actually, I just checked the link.  Turns out the bitcoin quote is in his forum signature, which gets put on all your old posts as well as new ones.  However they do seem to be talking about "BTC" and "money" but its not clear in the translation.

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:33:23 AM

incredible... they have managed to time travel using brute GPU hashing force!   (bitcoin was released in 2009)

Maybe they were computing negative blocks.  Grin
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:35:10 AM

2nd post down some guy describes his rig in 2007:
Seeds for farm Bitcoin:

Twin Frorz III 2GB MSI 6950 OC | 2GB 6970 the REF | PC HD 6950 1GB | Sapphire HD 6950 2GB

Further down the page, wildtigon's name is mentioned a few times...but with google's broken translation, it don't make a lot of sense.

Wow. And I thought the premining was bad on ixcoin. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
indicasteve

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 05:03:09 AM

actually, I just checked the link.  Turns out the bitcoin quote is in his forum signature, which gets put on all your old posts as well as new ones.  However they do seem to be talking about "BTC" and "money" but its not clear in the translation.

Oh yea... his mining rig stats WERE in his sig...didn't notice.  It's so hard to make heads or tails of what they are talking about.

But I am pretty sure that if someone could read Vietnamese they could find all kinds of info on wildtigon.

I didn't loose any money at MBC, so maybe someone with vested interest can look into it further.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 07:48:50 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2011, 08:46:39 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Well, that was a long frickin' nap. This 51 y/o body can't handle 10x10x12 oak beams like it used to (couple that with 90+ degree heat, not including the heat index).

I'm now going to try to recreate what I discovered last night. Bear in mind, it was 24 hours ago and I was tired then--things started to blur. But there were eureka discoveries nonetheless, uncovered via a methodic and logical approach. I wish now I still had those 17 tabs still opened. I'll be adding in the original post a tidbit section that may, or may not, have to do with this thread's title. In fact, I'll have two labeled Tidbits: & Misc. Tidbits:(MT), where the MT is definitely not directly related/relative.

I would love to map this out in a visual manner, but the using of that technology somewhat eludes me.

That said, I now begin my re-searching of this topic to share with you all. I'll add the first bits of info to this post along and, at the same time, populate the original post with what I just outlined, above.

e. Just redacted info on TW in original post--was brought to my attention via a PM and, upon double checking, I don't believe that is the same Tom I had my pieces linked together. I'll let the MT stand for now, though. Still working on it now. Sorry for the delay. Mega reading to get back up to speed. Did find out, though, that if you wet an alpaca sock prior to...(would have to read my past posts to get the joke).

One more thing--this Russian stuff has me a tad spooked. Don't they have a mafia or something? May have to be careful what I disclose here.
Jessica

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 09:17:51 AM

No, not all Russians are in the mafia. Just like you aren't in a gang (I hope). Or most people in your country.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 09:42:16 AM

No, not all Russians are in the mafia. Just like you aren't in a gang (I hope). Or most people in your country.

I was aware of that. Just like there is an Italian Mafia, Mexican Mafia, etc. I think the only country that doesn't have a mafia is Canada.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 09:53:01 AM

I was aware of that. Just like there is an Italian Mafia, Mexican Mafia, etc. I think the only country that doesn't have a mafia is Canada.

So you haven't heard of hockey?  Grin

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 10:50:25 AM

So you haven't heard of hockey?  Grin

For a second, I thought I read hoser.

Now let me get back to this re-searching. I got it all effed up!
Colargol

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:46:19 PM

I think the only country that doesn't have a mafia is Canada.

Just in case you might be interested in a trip to The Great White North at some point...
some places to eat and be entertained.    Wink

Fugitaboutit, eh!   

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 04:54:30 PM

Why is it that the first person I was trying to cross reference this to is Anonymous? This is the first time I've seen this name used. It may be a dead end, but does anybody know who this guy is/was?

By the way.. if someone can tell me how to upload ONE file containing more charts, I would be happy to publish more, but I am wasting hours to try getting these files small enough to get under the maximum file size to attach here in this forum  Huh

Perhaps you could link to an external file on a public dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/help/16

Then you just move the file to the dropbox on your machine and it syncs to the web.

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTc2ODM4MjM5  
  If you use that link we both get an extra 250mb of storage lol. (you get 2gb to start with.)

Here is the last pdf you created.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7683823/101101%20BTC.pdf

Just figured out how and why to use a horizontal line. Perhaps it would have been better to have Get Smart on this case than me.

I think the only country that doesn't have a mafia is Canada.

Just in case you might be interested in a trip to The Great White North at some point...
some places to eat and be entertained.    Wink

Fugitaboutit, eh!

I had to think about your post for more than a second to conclude that you are being humorous due to my mafia comment. The reason it took so long, on my part, is because I just made note (in my notes) about an Italian cafe in CA related to this re-search (instead of research because I'm trying to retrace my steps from last night when it was all somewhat clear). Therefore, I thought you were dropping a subtle hint.

Just now saw the wink while in proofreading mode.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 04:56:24 PM

Negative blocks are the roots of any imaginary chain. Wait, maybe I have that backwards.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 05:03:10 PM

Negative blocks are the roots of any imaginary chain. Wait, maybe I have that backwards.

I'm the who has this all ass backwards. I'm now up to 16 tabs opened and the first time I want to check a lead on this board, the guy's anonymous. Why would somebody want to hide their identity here?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: