Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:58:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162047 times)
captainhook

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:21:20 PM

Okay, this coin has so many problems that I'll not be mining anymore. Good luck either way.

You stuck with it this long? Haha

We apologize for the inconvenience last 12 hours. Now everything fixed and working fine with latest wallet 1.3

FYI, we are at block 7536, current diff is 1.9. More pools will be added soon.

Symbiont

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:29:43 PM

I´m still mining without any problems. First solo and since diff 1.5 at the P2P pool. Everything is fine. Best name for a coin, nice artwork, diff resetting is working... I like this coin. Huge potential - in my opinion.
stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:37:35 PM

Finally my client got synced. Just wanna buy back some iCoin for future exchange added.

Buying at rate 10k ICOIN / 0.01 BTC

Pm me.

Symbiont

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:41:31 PM

Finally my client got synced. Just wanna buy back some iCoin for future exchange added.

Pm me.

Buying at rate 100k iCoin / 0.11 BTC Smiley
AltCoinSeller

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:45:00 PM

Pm me.

Buying at rate 100k iCoin / 0.11 BTC Smiley

I have around 10K iCoin, asking for 0.5 btc.
Pm me if you interested!
lololol33

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:51:33 PM

1200 icoin for sale at 0.095 btc
Symbiont

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:06:40 AM

I´ll buy for:

1 iCoin = 0,000005 BTC

PM/me
lololol33

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:44:07 AM

nice try Smiley no one will sell that low
sighle

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:50:38 AM

Okay, this coin has so many problems that I'll not be mining anymore. Good luck either way.

We apologize for the inconvenience last 12 hours. Now everything fixed and working fine with latest wallet 1.3

Return the 40k coins that I mined on the chain this thread instructed me to use and we'll call it "fixed".

You can verify the amount that I mined on the previous page. I provided screenshots.

I'm sure it won't matter much to you guys considering that you've got 5mil premined.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
lololol33

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:56:47 AM

Man, You were on the wrong chain...
AltCoinSeller

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:59:10 AM

Return the 40k coins that I mined on the chain this thread instructed me to use and we'll call it "fixed".

You can verify the amount that I mined on the previous page. I provided screenshots.

I'm sure it won't matter much to you guys considering that you've got 5mil premined.

It's your problem not the OP. Everyone knows that block 3xxx is wrong blockchain. Just stupid to ask them give you back because of your fault.
Arakhne

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 12:59:47 AM

We are serious about iCoin and the role it will have as a currency, so we needed to think long and hard about the mining fundamentals from all Points of View.

So please compile and launch a SELF_syncronising wallet for average winX user! After 30 minutes of trying I quit! ..at least for tonight.

EDIT: Finally, got it working Smiley
sighle

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:25:24 AM

It's your problem not the OP. Everyone knows that block 3xxx is wrong blockchain. Just stupid to ask them give you back because of your fault.

I did nothing wrong. I followed the instructions to the letter as was originally announced in this thread.

Because so many people DID NOT UPGRADE THEIR WALLET they were mining on the OLD chain.

You people don't get it. Wallet 1.3 is the same as wallet 1.0. It's the same block chain and this "announcement" started at block 5000+.

Wallet 1.2 was intended as the RE-RELEASE of this coin. I started mining on the OP announcement and downloaded the wallet that was provided in the post and by the time I had everything running it was at block ~1200. New chain, as intended by the developer.

So now I'm wrong because I'm one of the few people that actually followed the instructions?

This is a shit coin and a garbage release. The devs don't have a clue what they're doing and as a result wasted the time of many people including myself.

Until that issue is rectified I will continue to make people aware of the truth and incompetence of these devs by posting in these threads.

Have a nice day.

limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:07:30 AM

I did nothing wrong. I followed the instructions to the letter as was originally announced in this thread.

Because so many people DID NOT UPGRADE THEIR WALLET they were mining on the OLD chain.

You people don't get it. Wallet 1.3 is the same as wallet 1.0. It's the same block chain and this "announcement" started at block 5000+.

Wallet 1.2 was intended as the RE-RELEASE of this coin. I started mining on the OP announcement and downloaded the wallet that was provided in the post and by the time I had everything running it was at block ~1200. New chain, as intended by the developer.

So now I'm wrong because I'm one of the few people that actually followed the instructions?

This is a shit coin and a garbage release. The devs don't have a clue what they're doing and as a result wasted the time of many people including myself.

Until that issue is rectified I will continue to make people aware of the truth and incompetence of these devs by posting in these threads.

Have a nice day.

I have always said there are more mhs in this community than brains. Indeed the dev appears to be an incompetent boob, but had you taken the time to read the thread you should have realized you were mining the wrong chain.  No one is going to reward you for your stupidity, grow up.
digitsmith

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:13:51 AM

Looks like something is wrong with the difficulty logic.

Over the last 6 hours the network hashrate gradually fell from about 140 mh/s to 70 mh/s.
During the same period the diff increased from 1.3 to 2.05?
sighle

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:16:09 AM

Have a nice day.

I have always said there are more mhs in this community than brains. Indeed the dev appears to be an incompetent boob, but had you taken the time to read the thread you should have realized you were mining the wrong chain.  No one is going to reward you for your stupidity, grow up.

I am actually one of the few people to read the original post and actually mine on the chain that was released as intended. Did you not read what I wrote?

The original post of this thread has since been edited.. we're talking about brains... right?

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:16:21 AM

Have a nice day.

+1 to that!  But seriously devs...you're going to give him his 40k icoins right?  I'm sure that will more than cover the $1 in electricity he used mining a forked chain!
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:27:10 AM

To sighle:  Look bro I stayed up late last night making sure everything was going to be perfect for difficulty reset.  I had my miners directed towards the miningpool.co site and everything was going well.  I expected to wake up this morning with a freakin ton of icoin in my wallet, but instead, I discovered the pool had disconnected all workers and was having issues.  So i jumped on a p2pool asap and sucked it up!  Yeah I missed the boat but shit happens.  Count your losses and move forward.  I know it sucked ass thinking you had 40k of a coin with 100 coins per block, but go cry about it somewhere else.  It's spilt milk whipe it up and move on.

BTW devs your design has got to be the best of any current alt.  Very impressed!

sighle

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:37:38 AM

To sighle:  Look bro I stayed up late last night making sure everything was going to be perfect for difficulty reset.  I had my miners directed towards the miningpool.co site and everything was going well.  I expected to wake up this morning with a freakin ton of icoin in my wallet, but instead, I discovered the pool had disconnected all workers and was having issues.  So i jumped on a p2pool asap and sucked it up!  Yeah I missed the boat but shit happens.  Count your losses and move forward.  I know it sucked ass thinking you had 40k of a coin with 100 coins per block, but go cry about it somewhere else.  It's spilt milk whipe it up and move on.

Don't think that I am being petty. With the flood of altcoins recently, for us to NOT be hard on the ones that have terrible releases, lazy development and massive problems right out of the gate, serves only to discredit altcoins as a whole.

If iCoin, who already had a botched release, then botched it again is allowed to succeed even a little, it sets an unacceptable standard and lowers the bar for all future releases.

I know I'm not the only one that got burned on this shite release. I know that the likelihood of the developer reimbursing me for 40k of lost coins out of their 5 million premine is extremely low.

We, as a community, need to stand up and not allow this crap to happen. It is unacceptable. And I am doing my part to make it known that this coin has a useless development team that can't even spare a single day of testing their OWN coin before they attempt a release.

If I created a coin and severely botched it, I would probably give some kind of concession to the people that were burned by my lazy developing(if they could prove it). However, since the dev of this coin has largely ignored my grievances in this thread and has given little indication of their intent with their massive premine, I don't think it's unfair to assume that this is a pump/dump by a greedy developer with no experience.

Edit: And you need more than a good logo to make a legitimate coin.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:54:48 AM

Don't think that I am being petty. With the flood of altcoins recently, for us to NOT be hard on the ones that have terrible releases, lazy development and massive problems right out of the gate, serves only to discredit altcoins as a whole.

If iCoin, who already had a botched release, then botched it again is allowed to succeed even a little, it sets an unacceptable standard and lowers the bar for all future releases.

I know I'm not the only one that got burned on this shite release. I know that the likelihood of the developer reimbursing me for 40k of lost coins out of their 5 million premine is extremely low.

We, as a community, need to stand up and not allow this crap to happen. It is unacceptable. And I am doing my part to make it known that this coin has a useless development team that can't even spare a single day of testing their OWN coin before they attempt a release.

If I created a coin and severely botched it, I would probably give some kind of concession to the people that were burned by my lazy developing(if they could prove it). However, since the dev of this coin has largely ignored my grievances in this thread and has given little indication of their intent with their massive premine, I don't think it's unfair to assume that this is a pump/dump by a greedy developer with no experience.

Edit: And you need more than a good logo to make a legitimate coin.

You do need more than a good logo to make a legitimate coin.   The team has already admitted that they are falling short on development.  IcoinTeam already said that they are pursuing a second developer. 

You are 100% correct in saying that they dropped the ball again and again and again with their launches.  With that being said, a fix was provided before the official fork that returned users to the correct blockchain through additional nodes and a database file hosted online.  They did everything they could to remedy the situation provided that the developer was unavailable.

It's ultimately up to the community to decide whether to accept a coin or let it die.  You would like it to die.  Myself and others would like to see icoin emerge from its ashes.  So if its a trash coin to you, move on and let others form their own opinions.  I hear biddlebabbleboo coin is great if you are looking for somewhere to direct your hashes.

What I like about icoin:  Team acknowledges their failures.  Team is trying to improve the coin in any way they can.  Beautiful logo and website.  Network has not been flooded with hash power since relaunch.

I hope the coin succeeds, but statistically it probably won't. 
For now though, I'll keep my eyes on the development of this coin and hope for the best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: