Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:06:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 [1587] 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
philipme1

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:23:14 PM

i have downloaded my digi wallet. now it says it has to do blocks to connect to my network. Can someone explain to me why. and is there a faster way of completing my sync process.

It need to download the blockchain - former transactions.

No chance of speeding the process?

This is a post where there is a bootstrap. I've never used it myself, and I guess it won't help you the first time, but if it's useful to you try it out.
FYI the download clock on the core wallet may be incorrect. For most people an initial download seems to take around 2-3 hours.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg19108856#msg19108856

If you have less than 3 connections try manually adding nodes. There is a short list in the OP (or possibly just below that, #3 or so) and every few pages here someone seems to post an updated list. Have a look back and you'll find it.

Thanks mate it worked!
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:35:37 PM

This coin has become joke...

Now people are saying that the Minecraft server itself is running on pirated version of Minecraft... wtf

Dumped at 2200 and will buy back at 500 now

Of course, it does not run pirated. I know the owner. Don't spread fud. I bought 10k more at 1020 satoshi and it will rise again don't worry. If it goes lower I buy even more. Have some trust.

To others please don't complain afterward about rumors. You decided to trade on unofficial rumors your fault not Digibyte. I am holding further.

MineThatDigi is a cracked Minecraft server- meaning that anyone who has stolen an account can play on the server. This is essentially a "pirated" copy of the game. This is what it means to have a login/password when you first rejoin the server. That's what cracked servers do.

I've been playing on the server for a couple of days and I am very disappointed with the implementation. It's clear that the two man admin team has little or no prior experience with running a server. The lack of world border (idiotic) has already led to the server becoming increasingly laggy, in the couple short days it's been up. There is no anti-cheat or combat logger. I PM'd the owner on skype that players were duping with /suicide, and he didn't seem to know what duping means.

Take Digibyte completely out of the equation, the Minecraft server itself is poor quality. I don't see why anyone looking for quality Minecraft multiplayer would play on MineThatDigi, when there are thousands of other servers that do exactly what this one does much better.

The only way the server can be successful is to fix all the bugs, wipe the map, and relaunch. Hopefully along the way they can add some interesting features to keep players interested.

Can you show me proof if it's pirated? Cause I play with an official account. If people with cracked accounts can connect then I will ask them to change that.

Maybe a 1 week alpha with full wipe was a better idea. Like I am not an official team member and some dupers got banned already. I will personal check if there are more dupers today. but I did give some feedback while the project was in the making and now did again with the launch. The project just relaunched and again we are talking about students in their free time making this project. There are world high expectations going on that really need to by toned down sorry. I yesterday readed twitter and saw a lot of indirect price hype and that it was a product from Digibyte itself. It started as a school project and now it grew bigger.

There is a anti cheat that warn the admins and you see the public anti cheat. Yesterday and 2 days back it was doing poorly because the server was getting overloaded. The owner expected 20-30 users not near 100 straight away.

The plan is to get people introduced with cryptocurrency thats the plan off Minethatdigi for younger people and that's why I support this project.

Yesterday they already fixed a few things and today they will do more and I am communicating with them on daily basis currently to communicate replies like you with them.

A launch does not always goes smooth its a good lesson for the team to do things diffrently next time.

Give it a week they will fix a lot of bugs and people can't withdraw yet so no duped Digibyte will leave the server.

EDIT: It does seem to run a pirated version not sure why they didn't tell me about it. I do not agree with this so I will try to get this changed.

Yes, it does run a pirated version. Could you please contact the developer and make a statement here? since everything is so fear right now because price is crashing so much. i dont know how to make my money back after all of this happens. Sad

Yes I did They will hold a voting for removing the possible pirated version in the near future (There are some reasons why its configured like this now). Sorry for not seeing this earlier. I explained exactly why this is bad. Also, this topic is not the support for minethatdigi please contact by the website from now on. This is the Digibyte topic.

Don't blame Minethatdigi for price manipulation please thanks. What is happening with partnership is classfied and also not my task. I am only a help admin at this moment on the server. More I can't inform just have fun playing.

World border needs to be implemented if owners want this server to be playable going forward. The only server I can think of that doesn't have a world border is 2b2t, which has perhaps the beefiest rig throughout all multiplayer servers, and it's still laggy as hell.

Nobody is going to get introduced to cryptocurrency if they aren't attracted to the server in the first place. For people looking to find a new and fun server, there are many others that offer more impressive gameplay capabilities (and smoother, too) than this server.

I get that these are two school kids, and I commend them for their ambition, but the fact of the matter is someone who has experience running a Minecraft server and knows what they are doing needs to get on board for this project to succeed.

I'll gladly redirect my conversation once a forum is put into place. Once there is a forum, I'll compile all the issues I've seen and changes i feel are necessary into a single post for the admins to read through.
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

WHAT ARE BLOCKCHAIN-BASED SMART CONTRACTS?

Smart contracts represent a next step in the progression of blockchains from a financial transaction protocol to an all-purpose utility. They are pieces of software, not contracts in the legal sense, that extend blockchains’ utility from simply keeping a record of financial transaction entries to automatically implementing terms of multiparty agreements. Smart contracts are executed by a computer network that uses consensus protocols to agree upon the sequence of actions resulting from the contract’s code. The result is a method by which parties can agree upon terms and trust that they will be executed automatically, with reduced risk of error or manipulation.

Technology leaders envision many applications for blockchain-based smart contracts, from validating loan eligibility to executing transfer pricing agreements between subsidiaries. Importantly, before blockchain this type of smart contract was impossible because parties to an agreement of this sort would maintain separate databases. With a shared database running a blockchain protocol, the smart contracts auto-execute, and all parties validate the outcome instantaneously and without need for a third-party intermediary.

But when should companies employ blockchain-enabled smart contracts rather than existing technology? They can be a worthwhile option where frequent transactions occur among a network of parties, and manual or duplicative tasks are performed by counterparties for each transaction. The blockchain acts as a shared database to provide a secure, single source of truth, and smart contracts automate approvals, calculations, and other transacting activities that are prone to lag and error.

BLOCKCHAIN-BASED SMART CONTRACT BENEFITS
For a wide range of potential applications, blockchain-based smart contracts could offer a number of benefits:

Speed and real-time updates. Because smart contracts use software code to automate tasks that are typically accomplished through manual means, they can increase the speed of a wide variety of business processes.

Accuracy. Automated transactions are not only faster but less prone to manual error.

Lower execution risk. The decentralized process of execution virtually eliminates the risk of manipulation, nonperformance, or errors, since execution is managed automatically by the network rather than an individual party.

Fewer intermediaries. Smart contracts can reduce or eliminate reliance on third-party intermediaries that provide “trust” services such as escrow between counterparties.

Lower cost. New processes enabled by smart contracts require less human intervention and fewer intermediaries and will therefore reduce costs.

New business or operational models. Because smart contracts provide a low-cost way of ensuring that the transactions are reliably performed as agreed upon, they will enable new kinds of businesses, from peer-to-peer renewable energy trading to automated access to vehicles and storage units

WHAT TO WATCH
Smart contract technology is still in its early stages. Business and technology leaders who want to stay current on implications of smart contracts should track both technology and business developments surrounding smart contracts.

On the technology side, certain advances will help broaden the applications and adoption of smart contracts.

Scalability. Smart contract platforms are still considered unproven in terms of scalability.

External information. Because smart contracts can reference only information on the blockchain, trustworthy data services—known as “oracles”—that can push information to the blockchain will be needed. Approaches for creating oracles are still emerging.

Real assets. Use cases that effectively link smart contracts to real assets are still in their infancy.

Flexibility. The immutability of blockchain-based smart contracts today means that developers must anticipate any conceivable scenario necessitating changes to the contract.

Privacy. The code within smart contracts is visible to all parties within the network, which may not be acceptable for some applications.

Latency. Blockchains suffer from high latency, given that time passes for each verified block of transactions to be added to the ledger.

Permissioning. While excitement for smart contracts is growing in the realm of both permission-less and permissioned blockchains, the latter is likely to see faster adoption in industry, given that complexities around trust, privacy, and scalability are more easily resolved within a consortium of known parties.

Watch for major trials or deployments that achieve new milestones in scalability, or technologies that successfully address issues of privacy or enable greater trust of oracles. These are key signs of maturity, signaling that smart contracts are positioned for wider adoption.

On the business side, new capabilities and business models that extend beyond the digital realm driven by smart contracts will emerge in the coming months. For instance, start-ups have already paired smart contracts with IoT devices to provide access via smart locks or automatically enable electric vehicle charging stations. Pushing IoT sensor data to the blockchain will also open up countless possibilities; among them, look for new business models that are based on usage rather than time, and applications that employ micropayments automatically.

Revised legislation that accomodates smart contracts or recognition of smart contracts by legal authorities will also be critical for some applications of smart contracts. This will be another signal to watch for that indicates the technology is positioned for wider adoption.

Trade clearing and settlement
Blockchains provide a single ledger as the source of truth, and smart contracts offer the ability to automate approval workflows and clearing calculations that are prone to lag and error—thus reducing errors, cost, and the time to settlement. Trade clearing and settlement often entails labor-intensive activities that include various approvals and/or complex internal and external reconciliations. Banks maintain substantial IT networks, but independent processing by each counterparty causes discrepancies that lead to costly resolutions and settlement delays.

The opportunity to streamline clearing and settlement processes with the blockchain and smart contracts is immense. In 2015, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. (DTCC) processed over $1.5 quadrillion worth of securities, representing 345 million transactions. Santander Bank’s innovation fund, Santander Innoventures, expects blockchain technology to lead to $15–20 billion in annual savings in infrastructure costs by 2022. Seven start-ups, retaining funding of over $125 million, have platforms or services targeting this space: The list of more than 35 investors behind these companies is equally impressive; it includes not only major venture funds such as Khosla Ventures and SV Angel but also large banks such as Citigroup, JP Morgan, and Santander, and other organizations such as NASDAQ and the DTCC itself.

Wall Street has also been busy exploring this space. More than 40 global banks within the R3 consortium participated in testing that included clearing and settlement activity, and many of those banks have pursued further trials individually. The Australian Securities Exchange is also working on a smart contracts-based post-trade platform to replace its equity settlement system, and four global banks and the DTCC recently ran a successful trial of a smart contracts solution for post-trade credit default swaps

========================================
digusign is smart contracts

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
knau5

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:41:33 PM

btc down to $ 2475, will we perhaps see market explode tomorrow? Cool
Unpropitious

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:48:37 PM

OMG Bitcoin is a scam! It dropped! (taking the piss out of Digibyte trolls)

Digibyte - DJqZ4Ay8WmDptbgFKo8suRnKrKjX4Ezekt
knau5

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:52:23 PM

OMG Bitcoin is a scam! It dropped! (taking the piss out of Digibyte trolls)

yes idd this is all a conspiracy too!
AceFlash

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:57:23 PM

Take a look at here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/6gomkr/digiplay_concept_of_a_counter_strikego_server/
Onte

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:02:27 PM

Someone going hard on DGB:
https://altpocket.io/user/RandomGuy?b
knau5

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:21:04 PM

#SleeperCell #Ready #LionStalk #WaitingForGreenLight
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:43:36 PM

we need dgb gaming up and running to fly specially the site
Golku

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:47:19 PM

this can make a big change lets hope the best
Judge-Dredd

Activity: 517
Merit: 257

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:00:18 PM

In the grand scheme of things DGB is still up significantly higher than it was a month or two ago. Everyone who owned DGB before they saw a pump should be happy. This price is higher than its ath over a span of something like 3 years of existing. Hold tight. Unless you sold already of course!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:16:11 PM

is the minecraft server seriously still down?
legati

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:24:22 PM

break!! dgb back im game buy or hold  Grin 2k again... in 2-3 days
tave

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:31:29 AM

hold digibytecoin

$DGB update (Answer your question my friends)
https://twitter.com/sunofdays/status/874423337996492800

ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:00:33 AM

First off, thank you to all the long term DigiByte supporters and a very warm welcome to all the new DigiByte community members here!  Things have been very hectic the past few weeks.  

This sudden rise caught all of us by surprise as much as it did some of you.  If you look at the history of other major crypto markets as well as the history of DigiByte you can quickly tell things can get volatile very quickly. So please make sure to take the time to fully educate yourself on cryptocurrency trading and blockchain technology in general. And please note we do not answer speculation questions or make forecasts or predictions. We are here to focus on the core technology and the true innovations and applications that blockchain technology allows us to build.

We are actively working to expand the team and get better organized. The recent Citi Tech 4 Integrity Challenge was a great event for DigiByte! We were told that we were one of the finalists in the competition and it was a tough decision for the judges that day.  However, the competition is not over yet.  The main awards will be concluded in July where over 60 awards from several of the main partners will be awarded.

We made several great connections with some very large companies. However, please understand it takes time for things to move forward with such large organizations. Please do not expect anything to happen overnight.

Most blockchain businesses are flooded at the moment with a backlog of news users and messages. So please understand we are working to get through the 1000's of messages we get each day across all our social media including Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Email and here and more. It is a very exciting time but there will be growing pains!  

Finally, a few housekeeping notes. All recent orders on DigiByte Market will be refunded due to the recent price fluctuations. We also want to point out the dev team is not the organizer of the meme contest or the developers of the Minecraft server. So please direct your questions toward the appropriate organizers of those projects. Thank you all again for your continued support.  As stated, many, many times over the past 4 years. We are here for the long haul!

Cheers,

Jared

good job Jared, been into DGB since it launched, glad to see its getting the respect it deserves
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:40:50 AM

i think people sold because of bancor now known as the largest ICO to date dgb and eth got affected by it but, that`s only my assumption it will take a while before it can reach the 2k sat price again.
knau5

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:34:01 AM

1/4 of the market volume and still above 1k, feels like this will take off like a rocket when ppl get to buy again.
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

wasnt there some kind of thing coming on 15th june for dgb? o.O
lorol

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:15:01 AM

Hi, For you is better online wallet exchange litebit.eu or dgb offline wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 [1587] 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: