Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:50:07 PM

While I do understand the need for extremely careful evaluation before choosing and implementing new GPU and CPU algos, the fact is that, until that happens, DGB won't a "fair", decentralized coin anymore. It's completely in the hands of the owners of those damn new ASICs (all of which I'm pretty sure are in the hands of a very small group of people), just like Bitcoin and all other coins controlled by ASIC owners. So, right now, DGB isn't the "real DGB" anymore, it's just one more centralized coin, not even fulfilling one of their basic proposals, which is to be mineable by anyone, with equipment easily accessible to anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:58:48 PM

While I do understand the need for extremely careful evaluation before choosing and implementing new GPU and CPU algos, the fact is that, until that happens, DGB won't a "fair", decentralized coin anymore. It's completely in the hands of the owners of those damn new ASICs (all of which I'm pretty sure are in the hands of a very small group of people), just like Bitcoin and all other coins controlled by ASIC owners. So, right now, DGB isn't the "real DGB" anymore, it's just one more centralized coin, not even fulfilling one of their basic proposals, which is to be mineable by anyone, with equipment easily accessible to anyone.

Totally agree but understand why we can’t just jump on anything we think might solve this issue today. 
Driendy

Activity: 334
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:38:32 PM

Totally agree but understand why we can’t just jump on anything we think might solve this issue today. 

Guys, the new story on the web is about the lighting network and how it will make the Altcoins worthless as BTC will become faster and the fee will drop . What are your thoughts about it ? Do you really believe it will happen ?
coldstorage

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:41:48 PM

There are farms of GPU miners just like there are farms of asics.  With CPU it's even worse: botnets can take the lions share from individual miners.  Conversely, there are asics aplenty 1-10 units at a time in folks' garages spread all over the world.  I like that DGB is multialgo, and I do think that part of the security that comes from that requires choosing algos mineable by different tech: CPU, GPU, ASIC, for maximum diversity, but I think asic hate is overstated.  I hope as they move forward their goal is diversity and not anti-ASIC.

The best thing that can happen to DGB long-term is to be able to use lightning network to interact with bitcoin and have payment processors do atomic swaps from people paying with bitcoin and run the transactions on DGB for fast/cheap processing.  To be able to persuade processors to do that, you need a very secure network, and ASICs should be part of that mix.
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

It just took more than 30min to move LTC, BTC, ETH to Coinbase or other wallets. 
Would have happened in a few seconds with DGB,
Wawaji

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:53:18 PM

Guys, the new story on the web is about the lighting network and how it will make the Altcoins worthless as BTC will become faster and the fee will drop . What are your thoughts about it ? Do you really believe it will happen ?

1) Opens more means for scamming transactions
2) Separates auditing out from blockchain
3) Extremely low fees mean that when btc halves enough to make the block reward so low, there will be no point in mining btc

DGB is the future of fast transactions.
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:55:22 PM

Miner dump coin - by the billion

poloniex has 644.928.553 dgb sell order
bittrex has 388.282.987 dgb sell order
and another exchanges not over than 100 million dgb
total = 1.133.211.540 dgb on market sell order

circulation supply is 9.516.382.139 DGB

if miner was dumping, why too small sell order on market?why?why?why?

I see a billion coins being dumped in total there. What makes you think miners aren't selling much?

What he means, is that miners can only mine around 4.7 million coins in a 24 hour period. There are obviously many more coins being exchanged on a daily basis so miners cannot be held responsible for selling too many.
You are right no one can control price. Its on people wheather they buy or sell. They should study before buying or selling anything.
Martin958

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:29:50 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 01:09:41 PM by Martin958

Miner dump coin - by the billion

poloniex has 644.928.553 dgb sell order
bittrex has 388.282.987 dgb sell order
and another exchanges not over than 100 million dgb
total = 1.133.211.540 dgb on market sell order

circulation supply is 9.516.382.139 DGB

if miner was dumping, why too small sell order on market?why?why?why?

I see a billion coins being dumped in total there. What makes you think miners aren't selling much?

What he means, is that miners can only mine around 4.7 million coins in a 24 hour period. There are obviously many more coins being exchanged on a daily basis so miners cannot be held responsible for selling too many.

When I say miner dump coin by the billion, I don't mean on a 24 hourly basis. I plucked that a bit from the air, so obviously some of the volume is normal trading selling. Overall this coin is very attractive to mine and dump, so I think it is largely responsible for the constant down trending.

Overall this coin is very attractive to hold for the long term, so I will stop crying and accumulate some more.

Right indeed.

Or you could stop wimpering over small words and find a more proactive coin to invest in and come back when this one is less of a dump-fest. Or in your case probably not...
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:45:10 AM

DGB has become new highly attractive trading market for people those actively doing this because of support and volume its generates on daily basis. You will see this thing in rare projects where huge community and permanently trading is going on and everyone has trading chances while holding some part of his coins.
Ten.technology

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:24:01 PM

digibyte is under 100 sat withing 1 hour and under 25 sat in 24 hours. mark my words!

Well... i don't think so  Wink

That could only happen when BTC would tripple from this point.

I think there will be many mourners before it comes up by the crowd effect
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:25:46 PM

There are farms of GPU miners just like there are farms of asics.  With CPU it's even worse: botnets can take the lions share from individual miners.  Conversely, there are asics aplenty 1-10 units at a time in folks' garages spread all over the world.  I like that DGB is multialgo, and I do think that part of the security that comes from that requires choosing algos mineable by different tech: CPU, GPU, ASIC, for maximum diversity, but I think asic hate is overstated.  I hope as they move forward their goal is diversity and not anti-ASIC.

The best thing that can happen to DGB long-term is to be able to use lightning network to interact with bitcoin and have payment processors do atomic swaps from people paying with bitcoin and run the transactions on DGB for fast/cheap processing.  To be able to persuade processors to do that, you need a very secure network, and ASICs should be part of that mix.

I'm pretty sure there are no "CPU/GPU farms" mining DGB right now, the cost alone would make it unfeasible, and even if/when there were, there's no comparison to the damage ASICs cause to decentralization. I really wish scum like you who love to spread this kind of pro-ASIC FUD everywhere would get the fuck away from DGB.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:58:29 PM

I'm pretty sure there are no "CPU/GPU farms" mining DGB right now, the cost alone would make it unfeasible, and even if/when there were, there's no comparison to the damage ASICs cause to decentralization. I really wish scum like you who love to spread this kind of pro-ASIC FUD everywhere would get the fuck away from DGB.

Come on, that’s not fair. ASICs are part of the efficiency drive of this technology.  I agree with much of what he said, let’s aim to keep DigiByte as inclusive as possible. If GPUs can’t cut it against ASICs, they aren’t going to stop making them because it’s naughty.  I’m sure DigiByte can still find ways in which individuals can be included and keep our network distributed, and the stronger this solution is the stronger our entire network will be!
coldstorage

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

To be able to persuade processors to do that, you need a very secure network, and ASICs should be part of that mix.
I really wish scum like you who love to spread this kind of pro-ASIC FUD everywhere would get the fuck away from DGB.

I'm not sure why you're so angry and hostile, but I hope you find a way to move beyond it and be happy and friendly.  Not everyone who disagrees with you is out to get you.  Some people just have a different perspective.

As to DGB, I'm going to keep doing what I can to help it out, whether I'm welcomed to do so or not.  Happy Trails Smiley
lambertpf

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:51:01 AM

I've been thinking a modified Proof-of-Stake (mPOS) algorithm could be a good alternative mining algorithm for DGB.

An algorithm where mining-node has to provide the network with proof of 100,000 DGB ($1,500) as a type of collateral. Then the mPOS algorithm could have a pseudo-random selection process that is derived from the hash of a previous block to select the mining-node that gets to create the next block. Having a mPOS algorithm would create incentive for miners to invest in DGB instead of spending money on expensive ASIC hardware and electricity. It would also have the tendency to pull upward on the value of DGB by encouraging savers, effectively reducing the DGB supply which offsets the effects of the high short-term inflation.

Any one else have thoughts on this idea?
coldstorage

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:56:55 AM

I haven't mentioned POS (or proof of storage or proof of cat) in past posts because I got the impression the devs were committed to POW, but if it were workable and agreeable to them, I think the more diversity of proofs, the better.  Beyond the basic dollar cost of an attack, the more methods that have to be utilized, the bigger the logistical challenge for an attacker. 

I suspect a lot of attacks might stem not from long pre-meditated plots, but from sudden opportunities --  someone letting security at their pool get lax, for example, and a hacker noticing it off the cuff.  That kind of lapse wouldn't lend itself in most cases to delivering the diverse kind of hashpower needed against DGB's security, and with POS added to the mix even if you had a multialgo superpool like nicehash let control over their proxies loose, out of pure bureaucratic layering more than competence, they probably wouldn't simultaneously lose both their wallet keys and the controls to their hashpower.
TheIrishman
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:07:11 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 09:17:30 AM by TheIrishman

(...) I agree with much of what he said (...)

Of course you do. You've been pushing your pro-ASIC agenda ever since you showed up on this thread. You just have a sneakier way of doing it, pretending you support decentralization and other DGB features so that the average clueless moron who reads your posts won't notice your real purpose. So before I forget, FUCK OFF TOO.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:23:01 AM

Of course you do. You've been pushing your pro-ASIC agenda ever since you showed up on this thread. You just have a sneakier way of doing it, pretending you support decentralization and other DGB features so that the average clueless moron who reads your posts won't notice your real purpose. So before I forget, FUCK OFF TOO.
Thanks for that.....You are right I started mining DigiByte with SHA256 ASICs, these days I have no mining on DGB, I couldn't keep up....I want things to change from here too but this isn't going to help.
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:51:07 AM

Hello. I come from China. I saw this currency in the post bar, I would like to know how much production. 21 billion out how much, thank you

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/
Market Cap
$2,478,432
3,781 BTC

Volume (24h)
$63,311
96.59 BTC

Available Supply
7,395,258,031 DGB

$0.014809 USD
0.00000089 BTC

Market Cap
$141,177,449 USD
8,442 BTC

Volume (24h)
$5,823,340 USD
348.20 BTC

Circulating Supply
9,533,348,374 DGB

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
Serega Smile

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:01:15 PM

During the past week, DigiByte went sharply down and lost to Bitcoin more than 50% while moving from 160 satoshi down to 70 satoshi. But it found the support at 127.2% Fibonacci retracement level applied to the last corrective wave up which is 83 satoshi. Although price spiked down lower and rejected the downtrend trendline, it recovered quickly and broke above the downtrend trendline.Current corrective wave down is showing that the 83 satoshi support is being rejected for the second time which could potentially result in a trend reversal for DGB/BTC.
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:03:43 PM

Thanks for that.....You are right I started mining DigiByte with SHA256 ASICs, these days I have no mining on DGB, I couldn't keep up....I want things to change from here too but this isn't going to help.

what algo is DGB now? ===> looks undervalued below 100 satoshi!!  Cool  ~i don't mind buying better equipment if it will legitimately help the cause!! thank you<<<

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
Pages: « 1 ... 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 [1715] 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: