Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:55:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055836 times)
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:56:05 PM

First of all, I  provided him the phone number. Second of all, you need to have a little bit of trust in the team for the best interest of the coin. Not sure why he wouldn't call if the coin could potentially rise and involve more interested parties to join in. Let's have more unity than casting doubt.

YC

Good job ycagel, but has there been a confirmation that he's actually gotten into contact with Cryptsy? Smiley
torchwood-uk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:58:44 PM

If we get on Cryptsy lets hope it doesn't kill the price even further, Ultracoin is -25% since it went on Cryptsy, Vertcoin had a spike and then a massive drop and never recovered.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:18:20 AM

The DigRoadMap we are about to post is by no means a final version. This is a rough draft that we want to release and get the communities input on. We would like to finalize it by Monday and use it to replace the initial text on the front page of this thread.

We first would like to lay out a clear path forward everyone can get on board with. Then we will set specific target dates, assign roles and figure out exactly how we will be getting from point A to point B.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

DigiRoadMap 2014

Mission Statement
DigiByte is a professional decentralized crypto currency  designed to become a worldwide payment system for merchants and consumers to easily and quickly buy and sell goods and services over the internet, in store or person to person.

Vision Statement
DigiByte is to become a billion dollar world-wide payment system that will change the way people of all races, nationalities and backgrounds purchase or sell every day goods and services.  Within the next twelve to twenty-four months you will be able to walk into a store and with the press of a button on a smart phone purchase your coffee, groceries or rent a movie.

The Four Phases of Crypto Currency Technology & DigiByte

Phase 1 (2009-2012): Initial creation & Development of crypto technology that laid out the foundation for DigiByte to be built upon.

Phase 2 (2013-Present): Adoption within small “theme” based tech communities on the internet. We believe we are now approaching the end of this phase and the current production of “meme” theme based coins will begin to dwindle or be pushed to the side. DigiByte was conceptualized & launched during this phase.

Phase 3 (Late 2013 – Mid 2014): Sophisticated & Institutional Investors come on board. This is the phase we are excited for and are currently working to market ourselves toward. DigiByte will excel here as investors look to a promising coin with long term potential.

Phase 4 (Mid 2014-2015): Main stream adoption by the average consumer to purchase goods & services. DigiByte will rise to dominance.

Major DigiByte Goals Next  6-12 Months
1) Develop Digi-Pay & Merchant API tools. We want to make DigiByte a very simple & cost effective payment method for merchants to adopt. Think of Digi-Pay as a hybrid cross between CoinBase and BitPay.

2) To become a bridge for the average consumer into crypto technology. We want to make DigiByte as simple and as easy to understand as possible. We want to provide people with all the materials they need to quickly adopt and understand the crypto technology underlying DigiByte.

3) Reach out to lawmakers, regulators, financial industry leaders and become a vocal cooperative voice to further crypto technology and DigiByte.

Upcoming DigiByte Milestones Next 3 Months

• Promote and explain DigiShield in much better detail.

• Develop an easy to understand DigiByte promo video.

• Develop easy to understand marketing materials for the average consumer.

• Get added to Cryptsy.

• Promote and participate in AGX.io launch.

• Attend the Crypto Convention in New York. This will be a huge boost for us and we look forward to cementing many face to face relationships with other crypto leaders and investors.

• Approach Bitpay & Coinbase about adding DigiByte as a payment system.

• Approach/Pitch DigiByte to Overstock.com, TigerDirect.com and a few other large retailers.

• Begin sending informative, easy to understand informational packets to politicians, regulators and financial industry leaders describing how DigiByte and crypto technology is beneficial.

Code Development Goals Next 3 Months
• Update DigiByte to latest Bitcoin client code.

• Develop light version of wallet for speed.

• Consider a coin mixing service or tor network addition.

• Reasearch btcd, a full node bitcoin implementation in the Go language, by conformal systems ( https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/btcd ) and investigate migrating btcd into the DigiByte ecosystem.

Community Reward Bounties
• Promotional Video – 1 Million DigiByte Reward

• Digiman Marketing Images – Take the existing DigiMan and put him in several other poses. 500,000 DGB

• How To Guides – Short concise professional guides explaining how to do various tasks related to DigiByte. 25,000 DGB per guide.

People We are Looking to Add to the Team:

• Outside investor(s) to help with Digi-Pay, money transmitter Licenses, FinCEN regulations etc. This needs to be the right person or group of people that we can cement a professional long term relationship with.

• Chinese liaison /consultant who understands the Chinese culture, crypto technology, the western business world and what we are trying to achieve with DigiByte.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:39:52 AM

Price & Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/DGB
Awesome site! Thank you for posting!

EvilAxist

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:44:23 AM

i'm real glad i got in to this coin when i did.. you guys are going ham!

can't wait to see what it brings!
PeNGuiNBoy17

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:55:05 AM

I wouldnt mind doing a promotional video. what kind of video would you like? I was thinking a video on how to get digibytes, then how to store them at home, and on person via the app, then maybe how to spend them. Is this what your thinking?

Maybe have a open thread/contest where others can submit, and we all vote on what one we like.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:00:41 AM

I wouldnt mind doing a promotional video. what kind of video would you like? I was thinking a video on how to get digibytes, then how to store them at home, and on person via the app, then maybe how to spend them. Is this what your thinking?

Maybe have a open thread/contest where others can submit, and we all vote on what one we like.
Great idea! We have a professional voice over created by bman3 before we lost contact with him. It might be a great place to start. We will post a link to it.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:12:40 AM

We have been in contact with a very successful marketing rep for a top company in the United States. She knows nothing about crypto currencies and gave us the following list of questions she thought would help bridge the knowledge gap for not only herself, but the common person when trying to understand crypto technology and DigiByte.

We believe there is no such thing as a "dumb" question when a normal consumer is attempting to better understand crypto technology.

How would you answer the following questions she asked in the most simple, easy to understand manner? As a community lets find the best possible answers to help "bridge" the gap.

Where does it come from?

How do you create more?

How do you protect what is there so you don't just "create it" out of no where?

How do I pay with it at the store? As in, what function

Where does it go from here? After Crypo currency?

Why don't you have an iPhone app? (seriously, I feel like there is a lot more to this answer than I realize)

How do you level it out? For example - if the value today is 50:1 or whatever - and that's how you're paid by your employer... and the value is 1:1 the next day, how do you buy groceries? Does it end up being a straight currency like a dollar, or is it volatile like stock?

How is it taxed? How am I taxed on it? How does the IRS view it?

How will the government react? How do you even get legislature to buy in to passing this? <-- I don't even know what I just asked. I am assuming that makes sense.

How do you protect whats yours? Hackers freak me out.

Is there a "bank"?

What happens to dollars, will they go away?

How do you translate to existing stock/investments?

How do you integrate all the systems, ie - credit companies, mortgage companies, banks, employers (big and small), ect, ect to all be on the same page?

agx.io

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:21:51 AM

We learned a tremendous amount at the Texas Bitcoin Conference this week. With the headlines in the news, one of the biggest things on the agenda and in the hallway conversations was security. Learn about how Austin Global Exchange protects you with our Cold Storage process: http://austinglobal.tumblr.com/image/78188469722

You can also view our #LiveTweets feed from the Texas Bitcoin Conference on our Twitter feed, @AustinGlobalX

Friendly reminder that DGB/BTC will be open for trading at launch on AGX. Thanks for all the feedback from the DGB community on AGX so far! Registration is open; visit agx.io to set up your username, password, wallets, profile, and security preferences.

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:33:08 AM

We learned a tremendous amount at the Texas Bitcoin Conference this week. With the headlines in the news, one of the biggest things on the agenda and in the hallway conversations was security. Learn about how Austin Global Exchange protects you with our Cold Storage process: http://austinglobal.tumblr.com/image/78188469722

You can also view our #LiveTweets feed from the Texas Bitcoin Conference on our Twitter feed, @AustinGlobalX

Friendly reminder that DGB/BTC will be open for trading at launch on AGX. Thanks for all the feedback from the DGB community on AGX so far! Registration is open; visit agx.io to set up your username, password, wallets, profile, and security preferences.

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com

Very good to hear from you guys! We look forward to actively helping promote your launch! We have created accounts to test out the site. It is very impressive and operates smoothly. We like the way it looks and feels. We sent a test deposit and everything appears to be working correctly. We are very excited for trading to start! We have a strong feeling this could become the go-to exchange for DigiByte.

We have also checked out your FinCEN ID # and everything appears to be professional and very legitimate. Please keep us updated as things progress! Thanks again for including us in your launch!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:06:14 AM

Jared,
 Perfect. This is what we need to continue doing. I think it will be important to connect with them and also other vendors in PERSON in NY to make sure continue to grow. There are only so many things we can do over the internet.

Kind Regards,
YC

We completely agree! We feel the crypto convention will be an abosulute huge boost to DigiBytes success. We look forward to cementing several face to face relationships. As such we are working on getting a booth as well as promotional materials put together.

xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:25:43 AM

Why don't you have an iPhone app? (seriously, I feel like there is a lot more to this answer than I realize)

You can conjecture all day but the bottom line is Apple doesn't allow anything to do with sending or receiving bitcoins on the app store as apparent by their recent removal of the blockchain app in February.

Here is a quote from blockchains response to their apps removal
(taken from https://blog.blockchain.com/2014/02/06/blockchain-response-to-apple/)

These actions by Apple once again demonstrate the anti-competitive and capricious nature of the App Store policies that are clearly focused on preserving Apple’s monopoly on payments rather than based on any consideration of the needs and desires of their users.

Apple’s censorship of bitcoin applications, especially when viewed in the context of removing a 2 year app with 120,000 downloads is historic and unprecedented.

EDIT:  http://www.change.org/petitions/apple-allow-bitcoin-wallets-on-the-iphone/

amdfxman1701

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:01:00 AM

You can conjecture all day but the bottom line is Apple doesn't allow anything to do with sending or receiving bitcoins on the app store as apparent by their recent removal of the blockchain app in February.

Here is a quote from blockchains response to their apps removal
(taken from https://blog.blockchain.com/2014/02/06/blockchain-response-to-apple/)

These actions by Apple once again demonstrate the anti-competitive and capricious nature of the App Store policies that are clearly focused on preserving Apple’s monopoly on payments rather than based on any consideration of the needs and desires of their users.

Apple’s censorship of bitcoin applications, especially when viewed in the context of removing a 2 year app with 120,000 downloads is historic and unprecedented.

EDIT:  http://www.change.org/petitions/apple-allow-bitcoin-wallets-on-the-iphone/

Eh, the apple fad is starting to end. Industry leaders and financial analysts aren't to excited about Apple's long-term viability. From personal experience, even some of my uber-apple-fanboy friends are starting to jump ship after supporting the company for years.

So why waste energy on an apple app especially with their anti-crypto stance?

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:19:22 AM

First of all, I  provided him the phone number. Second of all, you need to have a little bit of trust in the team for the best interest of the coin. Not sure why he wouldn't call if the coin could potentially rise and involve more interested parties to join in. Let's have more unity than casting doubt.

YC

Good job ycagel, but has there been a confirmation that he's actually gotten into contact with Cryptsy? Smiley

I was actually talking about YOU, YC Tongue
I'll take your word for it though Smiley

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
agx.io

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:25:19 AM

@DigiByte - thanks for the kind words. We're excited to work together.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:36:28 AM

@DigiByte - thanks for the kind words. We're excited to work together.

What is trading launch ETA?
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:23:27 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:09:10 AM by appbox

[Chinese liaison /consultant who understands the Chinese culture, crypto technology, the western business world and what we are trying to achieve with DigiByte. ]

I can do it.

微博:http://weibo.com/digibyte

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
,./,./

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:50:02 AM

i can made an ios app, if you do like that
The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:01:25 PM

Help requested
@Hollow
@Chaeplin

Can you check my p2pool, everything as been updated, network.py is modified with the new subsidy, but the p2pool is still on the old chain 72*** and look like i'm not the only one... I'm not able to point it on the new chain 74***.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beside that, here is a little mail i received from coinpayments:

"It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce the closure of CoinPayments.net. FinCEN has ruled that Bitcoin is in their purview which would make us a money transmitter. We simply do not have the resources to register with FinCEN and most of the 50 states as a MSB and comply with all of the AML/KYC laws (and no realistic way to raise the funds to do so.)

The shutdown will happen in 3 stages:
1. We will stop accepting new user registrations effective immediately.
2. We will stop processing new transactions at 11:59:59 PM EST on March 24, 2014 (transactions already in progress at that time will be completed).
3. The website will otherwise remain operational until 11:59:59 PM EST on March 31st, 2014 when it will be shut down.

Any refunds due must be requested by the end of March 31st, 2014 and any funds held in your account withdrawn. Keeping the website open for a week from the last new transaction should give everyone ample time to wrap up their affairs in the site.

We extend our sincerest apologies to you and everyone else who has relied on CoinPayments for over 7 months,
MrData & pr0d1gy"
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: