Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
,./,./

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm a fan of Digibyte since the beginning. I was there when he was born, and have seen the different phase of this awesome project. I have actually 1.2 milion of DGB stored  in my wallet, and I don't want to sell them at this cheap price. I read everydays of every week this bitcointalk thread, and the same for the official DGB forum.

I'm more a "reader" than a "writer" because my english is far to be perfect. But this time, i want to write to explain my feeling about how Digibyte is going actually.

What I like in the Digibyte project is :

- The active community and the active devs. This will be one of our best argument in the future... even if this is not enough to make the coin growing and maturing.

- Digiman, which gives to Digibyte a real personality.

- Digishield, which is a good way to counter multipool farming/dumping, and which proves to miners/buyers/sellers that Digibyte is more than a clone, it's a new coin with some new features.

What should we do to gain people more interest on Digibyte?

- My first idea is to force Digibyte to become an alternative in the crypto exchanges, like DOGE has successfully done it by being the 3rd/4th coin considered like an alternative of BTC/LTC/XPM. How to do it? Maybe by creating a new market in which DGB will be one of the 3 or 4 currencies users will be able to exchange their coins. To be as simple as I can, this new market will bring to people a BTC market, a LTC market, a DOGE market, and finally a DGB market... in which all other altcoins will be exchanged against DGB.

- My second idea is to give to Digiman a place more important as a way to promote Digibyte. Digiman is a nice "mascot", and if we find some people able to make some 3D animation with Digiman, this will be very attractive during promotion sessions. I have seen that some peoples are actually working on a Digibyte video trailer... in which lack a Digiman 3D animation actually. I'm sure this point will give more strenght to this currency. We can maybe try to find some Blender artists which will be able to make some animation for us?

-> Blender is a 3DMax like software, opensource project. Just take a look to these trailers to see how powerful is this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZGulDxz9o / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7VzlLtp-4

- My last idea is what people are talking actually : may we change for another scrypt algo? I think yes, but not really to counter ASIC because in the near future, it's maybe ASICS which are able to pump the coin value by increasing the coin difficulty. My personnal wish will be to see Digibyte with an eco-friendly algo, like n-scrypt algo but something totally new. Why? Because vertminer, execoinminer, cgminer -nscrypt and other related miners like this are ASICS resistant... but GPU resistant too when n-factor goes too high. I'm not a dev, and I don't know a lot of thing about programming. But i'm pretty sure that developing a new algo more eco(nomical) and eco(logical) friendly will be good for everybody.

I have so more thing to said, I had a lot of ideas, some explained here, some forgotten lol (because i'm following DGB for months now^^). But one thing is sure : I want to see DGB in his right place, and not when he stands actually.

Regards. I wish you all success.

wow great martial is that.

I have never heard from blender.

I'm looking how It works and maybe I can use it

thank you very much!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm a fan of Digibyte since the beginning. I was there when he was born, and have seen the different phase of this awesome project. I have actually 1.2 milion of DGB stored  in my wallet, and I don't want to sell them at this cheap price. I read everydays of every week this bitcointalk thread, and the same for the official DGB forum.

I'm more a "reader" than a "writer" because my english is far to be perfect. But this time, i want to write to explain my feeling about how Digibyte is going actually.

What I like in the Digibyte project is :

- The active community and the active devs. This will be one of our best argument in the future... even if this is not enough to make the coin growing and maturing.

- Digiman, which gives to Digibyte a real personality.

- Digishield, which is a good way to counter multipool farming/dumping, and which proves to miners/buyers/sellers that Digibyte is more than a clone, it's a new coin with some new features.

What should we do to gain people more interest on Digibyte?

- My first idea is to force Digibyte to become an alternative in the crypto exchanges, like DOGE has successfully done it by being the 3rd/4th coin considered like an alternative of BTC/LTC/XPM. How to do it? Maybe by creating a new market in which DGB will be one of the 3 or 4 currencies users will be able to exchange their coins. To be as simple as I can, this new market will bring to people a BTC market, a LTC market, a DOGE market, and finally a DGB market... in which all other altcoins will be exchanged against DGB.

- My second idea is to give to Digiman a place more important as a way to promote Digibyte. Digiman is a nice "mascot", and if we find some people able to make some 3D animation with Digiman, this will be very attractive during promotion sessions. I have seen that some peoples are actually working on a Digibyte video trailer... in which lack a Digiman 3D animation actually. I'm sure this point will give more strenght to this currency. We can maybe try to find some Blender artists which will be able to make some animation for us?

-> Blender is a 3DMax like software, opensource project. Just take a look to these trailers to see how powerful is this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZGulDxz9o / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7VzlLtp-4

- My last idea is what people are talking actually : may we change for another scrypt algo? I think yes, but not really to counter ASIC because in the near future, it's maybe ASICS which are able to pump the coin value by increasing the coin difficulty. My personnal wish will be to see Digibyte with an eco-friendly algo, like n-scrypt algo but something totally new. Why? Because vertminer, execoinminer, cgminer -nscrypt and other related miners like this are ASICS resistant... but GPU resistant too when n-factor goes too high. I'm not a dev, and I don't know a lot of thing about programming. But i'm pretty sure that developing a new algo more eco(nomical) and eco(logical) friendly will be good for everybody.

I have so more thing to said, I had a lot of ideas, some explained here, some forgotten lol (because i'm following DGB for months now^^). But one thing is sure : I want to see DGB in his right place, and not when he stands actually.

Regards. I wish you all success.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this out! More importantly thank you for sharing a link to 3DMax.

These are all some very good suggestions!

choppy123

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 06:10:03 PM by choppy123

in response to moxymore, your first few ideas are great but you are way off on your technical analysis.....ASIC will not pump the price of digibyte, it will have the exact opposite effect and decrease the price of DGB in 2 ways;

1. increasing DGB difficulty will make ASIC miners less likely to mine DGB in the first place. High difficulty means less coins generated = lower profits. The Asics will be directed towards scrypt coins that are more profitable and are more mature as a coin and as a community, such as litecoin. When there is little mining incentive for a coin, the coin will die because there is no way to secure the network. GPU miners are already taking part in a massive exodus towards X11 coins for mining because electricity costs are negligable. I would argue that all scrypt coins are at risk of death aside from litecoin, which is what the ASICS were designed for in the first place.

2. Now for those ASICS pointed towards DGB in the short term, they will be dumping 100% of DGB which will drive the price down even further. The whole point of ASICS is to centralize the hashing power and concentrate it on 1 coin to make it stronger. ASICS will destroy many scrypt coins in time. ASICS will essentially transfer the market cap of certain coins by sucking the $$$ out and pumping it into litecoin (likely). Keep an eye on mining pools for various altcoins. A massive influx of ASICS on a newer altcoin means death. These ASICS are there to destroy the coin and take it's wealth elsewhere. If you read the history of when ASICS came out for bitcoin, many SHA256 coins went through a slow painful death.

This is why I propose an X11/POS hybrid DGB. -Nscrypt is not feasible because it requires too much electricity, too much RAM and the hash rates are lower than scrypt which means that companies will be discouraged from producing ASICs for them because -Nscrypt mining doesn't generate enough coins or in other words enough profit. At the same time GPUs will stop mining -Nscrypt because they require 4GB or more RAM just to keep up. Since ASICS won't be mining -nscrypt and GPUs won't be mining -Nscrypt, who the hell is going to keep the network going? Now vertcoin is a great coin as far as security is concerned but X11 is the only way forward. If Vertcoin can address these issues somehow it will thrive otherwise it will be forced to change or die out. A good way forward for Vert would to become an Nscrypt POS hybrid if that is even possible.
I think yes, but not really to counter ASIC because in the near future, it's maybe ASICS which are able to pump the coin value by increasing the coin difficulty. My personnal wish will be to see Digibyte with an eco-friendly algo, like n-scrypt algo but something totally new. Why? Because vertminer, execoinminer, cgminer -nscrypt and other related miners like this are ASICS resistant... but GPU resistant too when n-factor goes too high. I'm not a dev, and I don't know a lot of thing about programming. But i'm pretty sure that developing a new algo more eco(nomical) and eco(logical) friendly will be good for everybody.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
,./,./

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:14:56 PM

我完全希望我想到这 !这是完美的婚姻在制作中。时代思潮运动就是使人类,并允许我们进化的机会。

我们只可以做,如果我们是自由的枷锁,让我们所有绑定到仓鼠滚轮的出生-生育-债务-工作-模.

其实放到实际的做法,比有一种开放源代码的匿名分散的货币这运动更好的方式 !

这需要通过 !甚至看到它的时代精神下一部电影 !我敢打赌它将是。

很多 + 1 的给你。我会肯定采矿。

about google translate:
I totally wish I thought of it! This is a perfect marriage in production. Zeitgeist Movement is to make human beings, and allow us the opportunity to evolve.

We can only do that if we are free of the yoke, to let us all be bound to the hamster wheel of birth - birth - Debt - Work - mold.

In fact, put the actual practice of anonymous scattered over an open source movement for better money this way!

This need! It's the spirit of the times even see the next movie! I bet it will be.

+ A lot to you. I will definitely mining.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 06:33:30 PM

All of us (i think) in the cryptocurrency space want to spread the message about this new technology, medium of exchange.  I am putting alot of time into contributing time and resources into a project which I feel adds to this message.  Many people who are aware of cryptocurrency are not participating in it or hold any coins of any sort.  I feel strongly that my finished book will introduce new comers and sceptics of cryptocurrencies so as to give them enough confidence to get involved

Hope this comment is clear and concise

Digibyte will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Digibyte wallet address in order to help fund this project:

DAjW8qGkZUErYNu5n8C9rtAAYSLQEpnUNt

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
Thank you for taking the time to add DigiByte to this! DGB sent your way!

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

I have held digibyte for a long time.
It is time to switch to x11 and be a leading alt, not a follower.
We are not completely sure the X11 algorithm is the best one to use right now. The fact that GPU's run cooler on it does not mean it is more efficient by any means. It simply means the existing X11 mining software code is not optimized and is not fully utilizing the GPUs hashing power.

We also have a strong belief that there is a private miner out there fully utilizing their GPU's with a custom coded miner gaining mining advantages over every one else. And if there is not, there will be one shortly.

A similar thing occurred when people first started mining Bitcoin with GPUs.

- aka The "DigiMan"
BlazingHashes

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

DeltaQuebec

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 07:47:25 PM

We are not completely sure the X11 algorithm is the best one to use right now. The fact that GPU's run cooler on it does not mean it is more efficient by any means.

I wont get into the debate , of what algo better or not, I like X11,  however, anytime electricity is used in a circuit, and the result is heat, that is inefficiency unless the wanted end product is heat. How a coin is coded to handle say 'X11' is a product of the coin, not the algo. Having run X11 on a different coin for a day or so, I can hands down say, that its incredibly efficient. Now if its being 'tweaked' code side to produce better results with said efficiency, then that would be good, if everyone has access to this. It also could be speculation and FUD. I dont know.. and to be honest, eventually IF there is better coded miners out there, I would hope we'll all have access eventually.

A few things to remember, is that when anything new comes out, in any field , there will be pro's & con's, aswell as much speculation and misinformation from the people whom have the most to lose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_efficiency

Lets not confuse, mix, and twist facts vs. speculation. My only argument here is that in an electrical circuit, Heat = Inefficiency

bobili

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

We are working on creating a pop-up banner for the Crypto Convention similar to this: http://www.displays2go.com/C-1897/Retractable-Banners-Roll-Up-Design-with-Graphics

Any suggestions on how we could improved this design and what text we could add in the middle? We know some of the colors are off.

If this is for the convention, could you please explain the type of people you're hoping to attract with it?  That will have a large bearing on what should go on it. If it isn't for merchants then we can cut out commercial things for example. Also, if it's aimed at people already in crypto then we could incl slightly technical info.
We imagine there is going to be a mix of people. So something for everyone and something we can take to conventions in the future outside of the crypto world.

I also want to participate in the future is very bright
I also want to mining

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS.B88eprCWX6iXTupNRhkriANzD4osGoyhTy
bobili

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:58:40 PM

I believe in the development team and the founder of DGB. What we as a community need to do is get the word out on other channels. Spread the word that Jared is speaking at the CryptoCurrency Convention in New York! This should be everywhere!

YC

Your words are very appealing
I am encouraged
Come on

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

We are not completely sure the X11 algorithm is the best one to use right now. The fact that GPU's run cooler on it does not mean it is more efficient by any means. It simply means the existing X11 mining software code is not optimized and is not fully utilizing the GPUs hashing power.

We also have a strong belief that there is a private miner out there fully utilizing their GPU's with a custom coded miner gaining mining advantages over every one else. And if there is not, there will be one shortly.

A similar thing occurred when people first started mining Bitcoin with GPUs.

Thanks for the heads up, Also nice to see you around the thread BitcoinTate Smiley
bobili

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

dgb.pool.mn invites you to mine DigiByte! 0% fee!
At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

owner of this pool is a known scammer who ripped off many people.  He keeps making new accounts with new names to try and promote this lame pool constantly be warned, use at your own risk.

We hate most is liar
The community should not deceive
Thank you for your reminding me

BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:08:12 PM

We are not completely sure the X11 algorithm is the best one to use right now. The fact that GPU's run cooler on it does not mean it is more efficient by any means.

I wont get into the debate , of what algo better or not, I like X11,  however, anytime electricity is used in a circuit, and the result is heat, that is inefficiency unless the wanted end product is heat. How a coin is coded to handle say 'X11' is a product of the coin, not the algo. Having run X11 on a different coin for a day or so, I can hands down say, that its incredibly efficient. Now if its being 'tweaked' code side to produce better results with said efficiency, then that would be good, if everyone has access to this. It also could be speculation and FUD. I dont know.. and to be honest, eventually IF there is better coded miners out there, I would hope we'll all have access eventually.

A few things to remember, is that when anything new comes out, in any field , there will be pro's & con's, aswell as much speculation and misinformation from the people whom have the most to lose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_efficiency

Lets not confuse, mix, and twist facts vs. speculation. My only argument here is that in an electrical circuit, Heat = Inefficiency

Much agreed. You bring up some very valid points. And we are speculating that the mining software will be improved as time goes on for X11.

Since we are not the 1st coin to switch algos in a hard fork or the 1st to implement X11 we see no reason to rush into it. We still have 2-3 months before this could become an issue.

Also, there still are several arguments as to how ASICS could actually help DigiByte grow in the long run. We are not saying we agree with this, but there are some valid points to consider. Such as. if someone spends $10,000 on a Scrypt ASIC the only thing it is good for is mining Scrypt coins. So people will be mining Scrypt based coins well into the future with them. Also, the more invested someone becomes in a coin after spending that much money, the more they will want it to succeed.

A majority, but not all GPU miners tend to be a migratory crowd moving from the most profitable coin to the next coin with the newest features with the hopes of it becoming the next most profitable coin to mine. This is not a bad thing, but it is not good for the long term survival of any particular coin with an algo dominated by GPU miners.

Also, a lot of GPU miners tend to be very short term oriented and less likely to mine coins because they believe in them and want to support them long term.

Ideally, if we do switch algos we would like to make it something Unique to DigiByte that will help make us stand out. Much like DigiShield. This takes time and we definitely want to test it out.

We are researching many different algos at the moment including ones never before put into a crypto. This is a very broad and technically challenging are of study so it will take some time.

Still, if anyone has any further suggestions we are very open to hearing them. Thanks again for the feedback!

- aka The "DigiMan"
DeltaQuebec

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 08:18:18 PM

I agree 100% that a rush into a new algo would be bad. However, if a new algo is being considered, along with that should be a 'back up' plan just in case somthing bad happens..I would even go as far as to suggest a two algo back up. Mabey N-Scrypt and ____.   It may sound like over kill, however in my short time in crypto, I have seen great ideas crumble, due to the lack of 'back up plans' Im sure the team is considering all this, and I am more than likely stating the obvious, however sometimes the obvious things get overlooked, as we tend to over complicate as we try and essentially predict and do whats best for the future. Some of the points I would like to see is that any GPU miner can mine the coin, nVida & AMD, CPU miners aswell, & if a Algo(s) is chosen, & if the developement team(s) of the various miners do not support a new algo, that they have set in stone plans to do so.

-Happy Mining
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:24:03 PM

I fear it's quite possible that in few months months there are 2 people mining DGB, and both have 300mh/s asics.
dolphinss

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

I fear it's quite possible that in few months months there are 2 people mining DGB, and both have 300mh/s asics.

I fear that no one with asics are mining DGB...that would mean its not worth anyone's hashes...
DeltaQuebec

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

They still put out Sha256 coins with thousands of THS of asics out there ... What will kill a coin is a lack of community , Lack of smart marketing , Lack of market cap , while asics have changed the bitcoin market and difficulty I think the value has clearly increased over the last two years ....  these mega asics won't be prevalent for a few more months if at all and the little gridseeds haven't effected any coins in any substantial way, but have saved the world a lot of electrical usage to support the crypto mining required for coins .....     What would kill a coin fast is a bad transition to another algo ...  People dump coins with problems and Id hate for that to happen to Digibyte.  
(plus what would i do with all my asics? Grin)

Apparently he does. ^^
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

In the end we definitely do not want hashing power to become centralized & we like the idea that anyone should be able to mine DigiByte with very little associated costs.

The question is in the future how many people are actually going to be mining when we achieve main stream adoption? Maybe 5% of users a year from now? What are your thoughts?

- aka The "DigiMan"
DeltaQuebec

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 09:20:19 PM

People will always mine, if, they can afford to. With BTC value going down, and all the alts ( at the moment ), many many people whom bought into mining hard core ( possibly foolishly & too heavily ), are either turning rigs off due to operating costs, or the inability to ROI, many are just selling.  As long as people can afford to, they will, new algos, that make better use of energy & operating costs are very attractive. At the moment, I hash scrypt , N & X11, with scrypt being a very low percentage. I can buy coin cheaper than it is to mine it in many cases ( with reg scrypt )
The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:26:59 PM

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: