Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Bounty Hunters Sell Immediately they receive reward?  (Read 6389 times)
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:05:24 PM

one of the reason why they do that because they are need money because most of bounty hunter join bounty to make income, may be they are need money to fullfil daily basic needs and many more. I also do that when I really need money, indeed I have chance to make profit if I hold the token but I have no choice except sell my token when I need money.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

Majority of bounty hunters quickly sell their rewards in exchanges. Because they don't see the value of the tokens in a long term. Or because they need cash because financially they are not stable. In my case i sell only the tokens which i know i will not regret selling them. And keep holding my valuable tokens for long term and used it as passive income.
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

Some bounty hunters only want the immediate profit off their work.

Give them a break. Some of them waiting 3-6 months for some pennies. So why not sell it now when the coin will recover later? Lol

Unless the coin is a scam, you don't get any value holding them.

If I see the project is good, and I don't need any money at the moment they were put into exchange, i will hold onto them.

If I see the latter, I will sell it at a good price.

If I am in doubt, sell half, hold half.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:31:41 PM

theyre dumping it immediately for profit, they do not think of the great project of the coin. id rather hodl mine cause i receive it free from rewards.

I have never really understood this mentality.  Why does it matter where the tokens came from, be it from a reward or were purchased, when once they are yours they are yours?  If someone gave you a million dollars would you be ok gambling it at the roullete table because it was 'free'?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:32:47 PM

Many bounty hunters sell their tokens immediately after they receive it, because they do not have experience in crypto analysis. Many simply do not know what to do next and do not have a clear trading strategy. I do not support this approach, and I think that you need to hold your tokens for a long time. This way you will get the maximum profit.
You are completely wrong mate. I think you go invest your time on which is good ICO projects before you participate in any bounty campaign but that does not work at all.
While you can go to check the exchange once listed and see whether it is having same price next when it listed. That is actual problem of the bounty hunters. They do not want to loose the money and profit.

bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:37:14 PM

It's kinda like miners. In mining, your rig earns coin rewards for the proof of work, so after computing the costs of the mining rig and electricity, they now know the profit margin and price they can sell at. Usually when a coin is listed, it is above mining costs, so they sell right away because they can always mine again for the same coin or another coin.

It's the same with bounties, the work they do is actually manual labor, they can sell at any price if they want to and they can always find another bounty to work with.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:41:05 PM

Well i think the reason why they are selling immediately is because they want a quick profit of course most of them regret it selling early because some coins price really going higher than the price when it was first listed in an exchange. But some also buy back the same coin once they know it has a potential and price are lower than ICO.
bitcointemon

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

maybe some of them don't have the money so have to sell the newly received tokens from bounty, if someone has the money to survive for a few months they will not do that because they want the newly received tokens from bounty enter the bigger market in order for them to profit more
akadiimamontov

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:48:51 PM

I think that the instant transfer of coins is connected with the fact that the participant does not believe in success of the project. He tries to fix the profit as soon as possible.

ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:52:09 PM

Probably, there are many people, who do not actualy believe, and care about the project, they just go for an easy short therm proft. A bit sad though.
iwanirawan

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:53:27 PM

In my opinion, they sell immediately because ussualy the price will start dump day by day. Its better to sell it as fast as you can. Many tokens start to dumo after the ICO finished.
But i suggest you to wait and see for a several weeks maybe months. Who knows the tokens have good project and start to pump the price after a few weeks or months. Not all tokens going to dump and not all token going to pump. Its your choice to sell it immediately or hold until it reach high value.
vvfvcxl

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:53:48 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to get a bounty token for sale immediately. You can choose to hold it for a while. Maybe it will bring you a huge return. I think this is the right approach.
Ogman22

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

this is totally a decision of each bounty hunter but i think its because they are afraid the coin they are holding will not worth it in the long run. many others want to cash out so they can use the funds for something else
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:58:21 PM

I think the main purpose of joining an ICO is to earn. They can  only earn money if they sell their coin in exchange for BTC or ETH.  One thing that they could also do is to hodl until its reached its peak. I think only few are doing that since it requires a lot of time before it happen. I myself haven't tried to hold a coin that long because I needed the money to pay for my bill..

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
sergio-faucetbitcoin

Activity: 346

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:58:30 PM

Many people do bounties without even knowing what the project is about ... If you do a bounty because you believe in it, you would not sell all of it directly.

vistamara

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

most of bounty hunters wants to get faster their money, thwy never trust in projects so thats why they sell after listing
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:07:07 PM

Many ICOs have realized that Bounty hunters always sell their coins immediately they give it out to their wallets especially when they are on exchanges. What are the reasons why they sell it out and what should bounty hunters do when they are given the tokens.

Where is your source? Basically every second ICO have bounties so would be really hard to get real numbers.   I speculate that not even 50% of bounties gets sold in the first month.

Now think. Doing bounties takes time and if this guys are doing many then it take them all day. That si what they do. So of course they need to buy food and pay electricity to be able to do bounties in first place. It is normal they spend their salary for that or how they could survive.
50% not being sold? I dont think so, i would rather believe almost 98% will really be sold out once those coins would hit up on exchanges and as you said for a typical guy who do make bounties for living wont really have the doubts on selling his own token just to assure on that money the do made on such finishing the job on promoting them.Well its their own choice yet they do have the full control of their own tokens since they do make hard work for them to earn those tokens.If they sold out then its always been their choice.
Akeeto

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:15:15 PM

Many ICOs have realized that Bounty hunters always sell their coins immediately they give it out to their wallets especially when they are on exchanges. What are the reasons why they sell it out and what should bounty hunters do when they are given the tokens.
Because not every hunter is interested  in the ico and it's product... They're simply just after the money... so of course not everyone will hlld
Ogman22

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 08:18:07 PM

some people say that it is because bounty hunters are hungry but i say 'who is not hungry'. bounty hunters take decisions according to their discretion though many of the bounty hunters do not understand cryptocurrency price trends so they tend to sell fast thus it largely affects the price of tokens in a bad way... but investors understand better so they hodl
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:22:49 PM

It is quite simple, we are bounty hunters because we need money, investors do not have this problem. I can't wait two months wit coin even if I know that it has potential to grow because I need money to live. Sad but true, many times the price went 3 times after I sold coins, life...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: