Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Q2C] QubitCoin new secure hashing (CPU/GPU) (NEW) Update 0.8.4.1  (Read 351469 times)
blg425

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:32:46 AM

Anything going on with Qubit? Is it abandoned?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zex24

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:14:39 AM

Something is happening on the exchange. It is not dead, that's for sure Cheesy

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_q2c
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

This always happens before a coin takeover by a new Dev team. Q2C is worth about 550sat and I can understand the new team getting a foot in [in terms of ownership] before any announcement.
hughjays77

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

any update on new nodes ?

no whining, just add Active Nodes:

addnode=62.210.125.140
addnode=67.207.208.166
addnode=188.226.149.55
addnode=46.165.208.136
addnode=148.251.11.18
addnode=121.65.58.165
addnode=94.70.48.110
addnode=76.173.49.161
addnode=89.216.123.71
addnode=125.43.12.173
addnode=46.61.105.91
addnode=92.30.147.102

possibly in the   %appdata%/qubitcoin delete everything except wallet.dat Wink
and then begin a collection of blocks

hughjays77

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:42:06 PM

Someone is trying to stealth buy Smiley Almost 2million Q2C in the past 18hours. Watching
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:57:54 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 08:18:34 PM by wgd

nice to see the q2c wakes from hibernation,

thanks gjhiggins, good job !!

--
Who actually can have access to your account qubitcoin? I think the next step is to regain confidence in the exchanges, first of all you need to go back back to bittrex;]

Let's go swinging forgotten boat !!

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
a.i.a

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:29:11 AM

good news for this coin,  I hope it will still show its potential
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:39:59 AM

Who actually can have access to your account qubitcoin?

If I understand your question correctly: anyone with a github account who wishes to be a member of the org. github accounts are free.

I think the next step is to regain confidence in the exchanges, first of all you need to go back back to bittrex;]

There's more than one school of thought. I'll quote someone else, from another thread:

If you wanted a coin to have any long term value, you'd keep it off exchanges, and focus entirely on building infrastructure to use the coin directly for purchasing goods and services.

During my survey of the domain, I recall encountering some coin devs who declared that they were following this policy, I need to check on the progress.

It's not clear to me yet whether QubitCoin is positioned as mainly an investment vehicle or a goods-and-services coin. I suspect the economic parameters point to it being an investor's coin, in which case the above strategy is unlikely to be effective. There are plenty of examples of strategies for a technical coin, Feathercoin and Vertcoin both have strong programs.

Also, I intend to apply a bit of statistical analysis to the collection of metadata (basic data on 1357 altcoins) that I built during my survey (published as Linked Open Data under the DOACC umbrella), that should allow me a better view of where QubitCoin is positioned on the various dimensions and provide the basis for a comparative profile.

Cheers

Graham
wgd
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:43:05 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 08:01:19 AM by wgd

I mean bittalk account QubitCoin starting this topic, someone has to a password, why would it not convey, if only inhibits the development of a medal

gjhiggins is one of the few people who would like to push forward q2c truck. I am one of the few q2c endorse him as a new official independent developer

QubitCoin Last Active: February 27, 2014, 10:22:30 PM

Hello, if anyone from the old q2c team member still alive?

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet

████████████

████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

QORTECTOR

....JOIN....
3xpl0r3r

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:46:09 AM

I think if someone has an interest in taking on the coin and has the know how and is ready to put some time into it and has some ideas should have a chance to make a go of it unless someone has a MAJOR problem with it.  I have even talked to a friend of mine about starting something on some of these old coins.  This is one coin that has potential IMO.  Especially with the right Dev TEAM.  Getting some of the old community back might be a good thing to do.  Especially if maybe they still hold some coins.  Will the old coins still be valid or start from scratch??  I was one of the people that was here at start-up.  Almost ruined a laptop running the cpu full blast with no upgrades or even any fresh paste on it lol.  As far as the Exchanges, I think this coin is still up on some of them.  It has been a while since I have messed with this coin though.  It might not be to difficult keeping it on them or even getting it back on old Exchanges when the time comes.  I agree with having a base with things going on and stability being built but there needs to be a fairly short timeline to get the coin back on exchanges and stability being built.  I have seen to many coins that had some potential keep wanting to wait a little longer to get them on servers and then interest drops and the RUSH to get the coin on Exchanges after that is futile.  I have also seen them set up from practically the launch without to much of a plan.  I just think it is a fine line when you talk about waiting or not.  Especially if it is still on any exchanges.  That could be an advantage that other start-up coins do not have.

I would not mind getting rid of the baby blocks though lol......and get a more professional logo.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:08:32 AM

Who actually can have access to your account qubitcoin?

If I understand your question correctly: anyone with a github account who wishes to be a member of the org. github accounts are free.

I think the next step is to regain confidence in the exchanges, first of all you need to go back back to bittrex;]

There's more than one school of thought. I'll quote someone else, from another thread:

If you wanted a coin to have any long term value, you'd keep it off exchanges, and focus entirely on building infrastructure to use the coin directly for purchasing goods and services.

During my survey of the domain, I recall encountering some coin devs who declared that they were following this policy, I need to check on the progress.

It's not clear to me yet whether QubitCoin is positioned as mainly an investment vehicle or a goods-and-services coin. I suspect the economic parameters point to it being an investor's coin, in which case the above strategy is unlikely to be effective. There are plenty of examples of strategies for a technical coin, Feathercoin and Vertcoin both have strong programs.

Also, I intend to apply a bit of statistical analysis to the collection of metadata (basic data on 1357 altcoins) that I built during my survey (published as Linked Open Data under the DOACC umbrella), that should allow me a better view of where QubitCoin is positioned on the various dimensions and provide the basis for a comparative profile.

Cheers

Graham

That is a useful collection of data.

I also believe that the next progressive phase in the alt coins will need to be a consolidation, where developers concentrate on the coins that have (in their view) better potential in adoption. What factors will drive that is still unclear.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:54:22 AM

This always happens before a coin takeover by a new Dev team. Q2C is worth about 550sat and I can understand the new team getting a foot in [in terms of ownership] before any announcement.

How do you calculate the value of 550 sat ?
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:59:17 AM

I think if someone has an interest in taking on the coin and has the know how and is ready to put some time into it and has some ideas should have a chance to make a go of it unless someone has a MAJOR problem with it.  I have even talked to a friend of mine about starting something on some of these old coins.  This is one coin that has potential IMO.  Especially with the right Dev TEAM.  Getting some of the old community back might be a good thing to do.  Especially if maybe they still hold some coins.  Will the old coins still be valid or start from scratch??  I was one of the people that was here at start-up.  Almost ruined a laptop running the cpu full blast with no upgrades or even any fresh paste on it lol.  As far as the Exchanges, I think this coin is still up on some of them.  It has been a while since I have messed with this coin though.  It might not be to difficult keeping it on them or even getting it back on old Exchanges when the time comes.  I agree with having a base with things going on and stability being built but there needs to be a fairly short timeline to get the coin back on exchanges and stability being built.  I have seen to many coins that had some potential keep wanting to wait a little longer to get them on servers and then interest drops and the RUSH to get the coin on Exchanges after that is futile.  I have also seen them set up from practically the launch without to much of a plan.  I just think it is a fine line when you talk about waiting or not.  Especially if it is still on any exchanges.  That could be an advantage that other start-up coins do not have.

I would not mind getting rid of the baby blocks though lol......and get a more professional logo.

Generally agree.. although I think the 'Blocks' logo is quite distinctive, and (Q)cube fits the name nicely . Don't want to have a round 'Coin' logo like another 1000 cryptos.
blg425

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:05:14 AM

Generally agree.. although I think the 'Blocks' logo is quite distinctive, and (Q)cube fits the name nicely . Don't want to have a round 'Coin' logo like another 1000 cryptos.

+1 I like the logo's uniqueness

wgd
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:06:43 AM

+1 I like the logo's uniqueness

I also feel that the current logo is good, although a little childish - to attract serious investors, which in this volume just does not have: D

Over 1,000 sato can think of the change; ppp

ps. who took his 1 million q2c for 24sato, lurked on it in the morning

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet

████████████

████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

QORTECTOR

....JOIN....
3xpl0r3r

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:02:56 PM

Oh well.  Guess I lose on the logo then??  I was looking around to see all the meanings of qubits and how that tied to the blocks he wanted so bad.  I just do not see it.  One def. for qubit is a quantum bit from a quantum computer http://computer.howstuffworks.com/quantum-computer1.htm.  Easier for me to play with blocks than trying to keep up with that stuff....lol    Huh   

It is a sphere though.  Not a baby's block   Grin
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:25:01 PM

Really nice to see a conversation sparking up.

That's solid evidence of a community. Perhaps one of its most important aspects is that it makes people feel more comfortable about joining in.

Being able to chip in to an ongoing conversation provides a more attractive means of engaging socially than having to stick one's head above the parapet with a “is this coin dead?” opening conversational gambit.

I positively encourage people to make “me too” or even “+1” posts.

In this medium, they play the role of conversational markers such as nods, eye contact and affirmatory utterances such as "uh-huh" and "yeah, right" that indicate the participants are attending to and following the discourse.

Impoverished as they are by this medium of expression, these markers are nevertheless a vital part of any broad-scale discussion/convo/yakking.

A discussion that is covering the ground has one additional beneficial side-effect, it acts to keep my posts short and forces me to be more concise. If I spend too long constructing the argumentation for my contribution, the discussion will have moved on, rendering my effort less relevant.

See?

Cheers

Graham
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:32:51 PM

Really nice to see a conversation sparking up.

That's solid evidence of a community. Perhaps one of its most important aspects is that it makes people feel more comfortable about joining in.

Being able to chip in to an ongoing conversation provides a more attractive means of engaging socially than having to stick one's head above the parapet with a “is this coin dead?” opening conversational gambit.

I positively encourage people to make “me too” or even “+1” posts.

In this medium, they play the role of conversational markers such as nods, eye contact and affirmatory utterances such as "uh-huh" and "yeah, right" that indicate the participants are attending to and following the discourse.

Impoverished as they are by this medium of expression, these markers are nevertheless a vital part of any broad-scale discussion/convo/yakking.

A discussion that is covering the ground has one additional beneficial side-effect, it acts to keep my posts short and forces me to be more concise. If I spend too long constructing the argumentation for my contribution, the discussion will have moved on, rendering my effort less relevant.

See?

Cheers

Graham

+1

People who use instant messaging (and that is 90%) would surely understand your last point.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:45:40 PM

Oh well.  Guess I lose on the logo then??  I was looking around to see all the meanings of qubits and how that tied to the blocks he wanted so bad.  I just do not see it.  One def. for qubit is a quantum bit from a quantum computer http://computer.howstuffworks.com/quantum-computer1.htm.  Easier for me to play with blocks than trying to keep up with that stuff....lol    Huh   

It is a sphere though.  Not a baby's block   Grin

Todays babies will be growing up with cryptocurrencies. The block is very memorable as an image (and there are hundreds of great coins with superb logos, but most will fail), and (although I did not think of it before) is indicative that cryptos are now in their infancy.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:48:22 PM

Has anyone thought about migrating discussion to a new thread, rewriting OP, so that it can be updated ?
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: