Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin part of the coming mark of the beast?  (Read 7462 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:44:47 AM

It was just a question people, wow..

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:53:28 AM

Sorry.  It is partially my fault. Wink  I enjoy a good debate too much I guess. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:57:20 AM

Sorry.  It is partially my fault. Wink  I enjoy a good debate too much I guess. 

not your fault,.. if anything you helped me a lot!

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:00:20 AM

If you look at how COMPLETELY LEGAL cannabis businesses in Colorado are being treated by banks, it's very apparent that the ol' Greenback is already the Mark of the Beast.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:02:37 AM

If you look at how COMPLETELY LEGAL cannabis businesses in Colorado are being treated by banks, it's very apparent that the ol' Greenback is already the Mark of the Beast.

I think America is actually the "Babylon" described in Revelation.   This is totally my interpretation but it seems to make sense.   It does not fare well for "Babylon" either.  Just saying.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:13:04 AM

The book of Revelation was written around AD 95.  How would someone in that time period describe a mark on our hands to buy and sell?

What make you think he was describing anything related to our age? Did you even read the Bible properly?

http://biblehub.com/revelation/13-16.htm

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads.

In case you do not know, slavery was abolished in many countries of the civilized word. So the above description certainly is not a reference to our civilization.

I guess what the "number" is on the mark is pretty irrelevant anyways. As a Christian I will not take a mark on my hand or forehead regardless of what it looks like to buy and sell.  I fear God too much to do that.

No need to be afraid. You will live and die without being forced to put any stupid mark in your hand or forehead to buy and sell.

But I just find it really fascinating that the Bible foretells this and I personally think that it will be barcodes.  All countries on earth are set up to scan them already.

Nope, there is many countries which are still using the old and good cash in hands to complete a transaction. No need to use a bar code scanner when people can use their own brains to remember what is the value of different goods and calculate the final price.

There is some evidence of each bar code having what could be interpreted as a 6 6 6 on it with the lines. I would think it is enough to validate what is written in Revelation anyways, that the number takes wisdom to see.  That shows that it won't be obvious, which this is not.

No, there is no evidence whatsoever and your wilful ignorance of how bar code works do not validate anything wrote in the Bible.

I know that many people think Christians are crazy. I suppose it looks that way to most people. I can see that.

Correct.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:18:51 AM

However, today you have given me a revelation!  It is a revelation to me that anyone could infer 2,000 year old mysticism from something as harmless as a product bar code, and worse, allow that belief to affect their life. Amazing.

Agreed. I am also amazed with the misinformation people create from mere straight double lines in a bar code.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:26:40 AM

From Revelation: "This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast."

Wisdom and insight?  This is something only God can give.

So... What God gave to the people which created the bar code? That people would have to receive wisdom and insight, otherwise how they would be able to "calculate" the number of the beast and "hide" in the bar code?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:31:23 AM

From Revelation: "This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast."

Wisdom and insight?  This is something only God can give.

So... What God gave to the people which created the bar code? That people would have to receive wisdom and insight, otherwise how they would be able to "calculate" the number of the beast and "hide" in the bar code?

As for wisdom and insight, I was referring to people that will understand what the mark is. . . but never mind.

As for the people that created the barcode though, that does bring up an interesting point about how God is all knowing and outside of time.  He knew beforehand what would be used and was able to show this to John when He was writing Revelation.  Pretty cool to me, but I wouldn't expect you to think so because you think it is all crazy.

BTW, I feel like you are pretty defensive about all of this.  Are you ticked at Christians for something deeper that has happened or just annoyed at us (me) because you think we are ignorant and foolish?

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:54:53 AM

As for wisdom and insight, I was referring to people that will understand what the mark is. . . but never mind.

You did not answer the question. What people received from God to develop the bar code in 1973? How would the bar code developers be able to put the "calculated" number of the beast "hide" in the bar code if they did not received the wisdom of God in first place? Do you understand the contradiction of your statement? If that people did not received any wisdom and insight from God to know how to "calculate" the number of the beast, what made them to put the "hidden" number there? You have already implied that is not a random event, so that people had a purpose to put the "hidden" number there. Please, explain what that people received (or not received) from God to create the bar code.

As for the people that created the barcode though, that does bring up an interesting point about how God is all knowing and outside of time.  He knew beforehand what would be used and was able to show this to John when He was writing Revelation.  Pretty cool to me, but I wouldn't expect you to think so because you think it is all crazy.

Yeah, pretty cool to imagine a supra sentient being able to determine what is happening everywhere in the universe.

BTW, I feel like you are pretty defensive about all of this.  Are you ticked at Christians for something deeper that has happened or just annoyed at us (me) because you think we are ignorant and foolish?

I do not think Christians are ignorant and foolish, but sometimes their seem to be proud of their lack of understanding about certain facts. What annoys me is not your religion or your belief, but the repetitive refusal to learn from the correct information presented so far.
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:07:10 AM

If we want to be objective, the technological/scientific predictions in the Quran blow all of this away.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:10:04 AM

If we want to be objective, the technological/scientific predictions in the Quran blow all of this away.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:21:57 AM

You did not answer the question. What people received from God to develop the bar code in 1973? How would the bar code developers be able to put the "calculated" number of the beast "hide" in the bar code if they did not received the wisdom of God in first place? Do you understand the contradiction of your statement? If that people did not received any wisdom and insight from God to know how to "calculate" the number of the beast, what made them to put the "hidden" number there? You have already implied that is not a random event, so that people had a purpose to put the "hidden" number there. Please, explain what that people received (or not received) from God to create the bar code.

Yeah, pretty cool to imagine a supra sentient being able to determine what is happening everywhere in the universe.

I do not think Christians are ignorant and foolish, but sometimes their seem to be proud of their lack of understanding about certain facts. What annoys me is not your religion or your belief, but the repetitive refusal to learn from the correct information presented so far.

Who says they werent informed by God to put the # in? Who says it was not part of Gods plan? Who says it did not all just happen coincidentally on their terms but God knew that it was to come? Why are you so defensive?

BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:42:06 AM

Steve - for a professed alcoholic who posts insane things about naming his future baby "Bitcoin" while web surfing in a drunken stupor, you might want to tone down the "Representing Christianity" schtick.  The two don't go together very well, and will only encourage those who dislike Christians to have another reason to call them "Hypocrites".   Shhhhh.

As for Bitchick:  you say you enjoy a "good debate" but I am afraid your style of debate is very childlike.  I used to be like you.  I went to Bible College and stood on street corners, full of starry-eyed love, "just sharing my faith" with the unsaved.  What I didn't grasp is that I was coming across like a total nutjob.  And while I (and no doubt you) viewed the "unsaved" as blind fools, they in fact were viewing me as exactly that.  And while that may make you feel empowered, it in fact hurts your case, and reduces your ability to bring anyone to believing faith.  Much of what you say is trite, as you aptly pointed out (in sarcasm).  But it is.  You need to remember you are discussing things with intellectuals here.  At least that is the demographic they are coming from.  You cannot convince an intellectual with paragraphs of unicorn and rainbows chatter.  And that is exactly how they see your words.  If you want to convince an opposing party of your viewpoint, you need to speak in a language that they can understand and respect.  Not repeatedly brag about how you have the inside scoop, and because you and Jesus are best buds, you're the only one with "wisdom" and "eyesight" to see that what you're saying is right.  You're wasting your energy, because you are not engaging these people in a manner that is going to result in a changed viewpoint. 

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:56:39 AM

Fiat currency is the true mark of the beast... (Of course that's only if you believe in the fictional book we call the bible.)

Zeitgeist the movie sums it up well. I think they also discuss the origin of 666; it predates the bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Ya5qiiW6k
pening

Activity: 245

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:05:39 AM

Thanks but the Bible is the most sold NONFICTION book ever, wow with all the haters maybe I am on to something.. weird..

Katie Price is sold under non-fiction too, you wouldn't want to live your life like her's would you?

The barcode things fails because the guard bars are not 6, they do not look like a six unless you don't read how the bar is constructed.  You read and absorb half the information about them, then ignore the rest as its not convenient.  Though that's a common practice among bibletards.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:21:27 AM

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:58:50 AM

Maybe the person designing the barcode did it just to mess with Christian-nutjobs small brains.

Excellent troll..

Yes, at least there is some logic to that.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:16:10 PM

Those three double-bars are registration marks, just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

Sure.  There is no "numeric value."  However, are the lines there?  Those lines are the one thing that is uniform on all of the barcodes in the world. If we hold several barcodes next to each other and ask the question, "What is the one thing these all have in common?"  What would the answer be?  There would be a distinct pattern.  There would be two lines in the front, middle and the end that are identical.  If every person had to put one of these on their hands or foreheads to buy or sell what would be the one thing that they all had in common?  It would be this pattern.  Call it random if you want.  Pretend that the lines do not match the "6" in the second half of barcodes if you want.  You have that right but like the saying goes, I think if it "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck.  It is a duck."

Also, Revelation says that the number needs to be "calculated."  This implies it will not be obvious but it is more of a puzzle to be deciphered.  All the more reason that it is not obvious sixes but just hidden ones in the form of "spacers."

I understand your point.
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:19:27 PM

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

My $.02.

Wink

It wasn't a snake. It was a serpent. But other than that it's not bad.

But you forgot the bit about the Jewish zombie dying a painful death on a cross because he believed he was doing it for the benefit of mankind.

I find that moving in a cold, cold world that doesn't give a shit about one another.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: