Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:46:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone else really dislike this f*****g stuipid Coinye  (Read 2371 times)
o24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:54:09 AM

The speculation of no exchange taking COYE is nonsensical to me because all they have to do to keep it completely safe from any type of copyright infringement is not refer to it as Coinye. It is literally that simple, they just need to refer to it as COYE site-wide. Do you guys even legal?
Dilapidated

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:58:09 AM

I am worried about a long term negative legal impact on the crypto currency community.

Kanye's legal team winning or losing does not matter. A victory for the defendants may have unintended consequences. It comes down to the legal interpretation of our crypto world that would serve as the basis for any ruling.

A favorable ruling easily becomes a pyrrhic victory. Unintended consequences abound when courts become involved.

Consider ObamaCare being upheld by the Supreme Court, on the basis of the Individual Mandate being reinterpreted as a tax:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/28/explaining-the-supreme-court-ruling-on-obamacare.html

I would also expect the developers behind the coin would be the least vulnerable. I have more concern for miners, exchanges, investors, or anyone profiting from crypto currency. Kanye's legal team can easily broaden its targets. And again: individuals escaping prosecution does not mean that crypto currency will not be damaged at large.

A dev team looking for a quick buck develops a parody coin in turn causing a no talent rapper who thinks the world owes him to sue. Eventually the court system steps in and causes havoc for all crypto currencies. How insane would it be if this is how it ends? Most likely it will not but if you told me the death of crypto would be due to Kanye West a month ago I would have laughed. Now not so much.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:59:09 AM

I sold mine but only cos his "music" is shit Smiley

hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:00:02 AM

I sold mine but only cos his "music" is shit Smiley

Hilarious that this statement could serve as legal fodder.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:00:59 AM

I just like the idea of pissing that whiny bitch off. Even though I'm sure they are happy with his checks clearing, I hope his lawyers know what a piece of shit he is

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:01:51 AM

I just like the idea of pissing that whiny bitch off. I hope his lawyers know what a piece of shit he is
When money talks, everyone is silent.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:03:19 AM

Where can we sell coinye coin now? Or rather at the moment what can we do whith it? Can we buy anything with it yet or not?
Millicent

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:06:25 AM

Where can we sell coinye coin now? Or rather at the moment what can we do whith it? Can we buy anything with it yet or not?
Maybe Kanye will start accepting Coinye for his records...fair trade, one POS for another.

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:06:49 AM

I'm just waiting for someone to release mileycyruscoin, wallet sticks it's tongue out every time you mine a block Smiley

neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:07:29 AM

Coinye's value will be driven by the fact that it is the first "rebel" coin that has a real connection with an incredibly popular celebrity who took legal action to fight what we all know is an unfightable war. It doesn't matter how much effort Kanye's legal team puts it to take down exchanges (if they even would?), there will always be an exchange that pops up and hosts COYE. It's just an undeniable truth, and the harder it is to trade COYE the more valuable it becomes because people will always want the coin that the most egotistical celebrity on the face of the Earth tried to stop.

Bitcoin was the true financial cryptocurrency rebel, but Coinye is the rebel against uberwealthy celebrities that have no idea about underpinnings of the complex decentralized cypherpunk world we live in today.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:10:27 AM

You'll be the one crying when it surpasses Bitcoin in value.
Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:16:11 AM

I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole even if it made me Rockefeller rich.  Some things you just don't want to associate yourself with.

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:17:28 AM

Some of us don't cry when other people succeed, but rather are happy for them

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:20:31 AM

Some of us don't cry when other people succeed, but rather are happy for them

But deep inside you'll have a regret of not buying some for cheap when you could.
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:35:39 AM

I dont like hyped cash out coins without any innovations.
But if some one like it... not my brob
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:37:52 AM

There have been some really cool coins the last few weeks. Sadly some of them had technical issues, but otherwise they have looked good and had ace names.

But does anyone else really dislike this fcuking stuipid Coinye bag of shite?

Honestly, it makes DOGE look good.

Please ignore it and perhaps it will slither away.

Which coins were really cool in the last few weeks???

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:41:38 AM

There have been some really cool coins the last few weeks. Sadly some of them had technical issues, but otherwise they have looked good and had ace names.

Which coins were really cool in the last few weeks???

I'd say Catcoin and now Coinye.
Scribbles646

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:50:39 AM

It's a net negative on the cryptocurrency community, I 100% boycott it and its advocates.

Translation:
It's part of the cancer killing crypto, kill it with fire!
rentarocker

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:00:02 AM

If you don't care for Coinye, check out the whitebread alternative:  Grain.  GRN. 

Newly listed on Coinedup.  Not 'cool.'  But certainly more well thought out.

Cat was 'cool' but wound up having too many problems with the code.  I'm picking something stable that won't evaporate slowly as CAT has due to a weak dev, or vanish with litigation as Coinye certainly could.  GRN.

Very cheap on Coinedup now.  Get it before it hits Cryptsy!

BTC:  17Z1au1T1f8B4XhFQXeuibKbRmWow6FyvP
LTC:  Lf7QWUDC57WnRf5gEcutdHwrXvYRoqaQYU
Morning-Star

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:16:34 AM

I think you are getting Kanye West and Coinye mixed up  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: