Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the Council on Foreign Relations  (Read 54974 times)
Coin_Master

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:28:44 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 07:58:12 AM by Coin_Master

Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase and the Council on Foreign Relations stated,

Quote from: Jamie Dimon
"They [Bitcoins] will eventually be made as a payment system to follow the same standards as the other payment systems and that will be probably be the end of them," he said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jp-morgans-jamie-dimon-on-bitcoin-2014-1
This article you linked to is titled "Jamie Dimon Goes On The Attack On Bitcoin".
First they ignore you - Check! (6 years of silence)
Then they laugh at you - Check! (http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/11/bitcoin-is-the-segway-of-currency/281625/)
Then they attack you - Check!
Let's list some examples:
"Fed Banker Tries Criticizing Bitcoin"
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/9549/fed-banker-tries-criticizing-bitcoin-ends-perfectly-describing-fed/
Here Francois Velde of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago criticizes Bitcoin.

"The SEC Shows Why Bitcoin Is Doomed"
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-08/did-the-sec-just-validate-bitcoin-no-.html
Here Bloomberg takes the SEC's warning and twists it for their own political propaganda.

"Greenspan Says Bitcoin a Bubble Without Intrinsic Currency Value"
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-04/greenspan-says-bitcoin-a-bubble-without-intrinsic-currency-value.html
Here Alan Greenspan (former chairman of the Fed for 19 years) says "I do not understand where the backing of Bitcoin is coming from".
He does not understand?  No surprises really!

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/alan-greenspan-bitcoin-comment-reaction-2013-12
When asked by Trish Regan from Bloomberg "Is Bitcoin a bubble?" he responded "I guess so".
YOU GUESS SO??  Is that how you conduct business, by guessing?  It is no wonder the world was subjected to the 2008 Global Financial Crisis and World Economic Meltdown.  I guess you guessed wrong?  Sounds to me like you have no idea what you are talking about.  Perhaps you should not be offering advice Alan.

Well it is time to draw a line in the sand my friends.  The Old Guard is being challenged, and they don't like it.
Let me tell you something Mr Alan Greenspan, you better get used to it.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waxwing

Activity: 469
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:34:03 PM

Quote from: Coin_Master link=topic=412846.msg4724292#msg4724292
A much better example from Whitehouse chief economic advisor:
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/24/austan_goolsbee-on-bitcoins-usefulness-hahahaha-rotfl/

PGP fingerprint 2B6FC204D9BF332D062B 461A141001A1AF77F20B (use email to contact)
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:52:42 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 11:05:09 PM by corebob

In my honest opinion, he should accept and use that opportunity to invite them to join the open community of Bitcoin. Unconditional help is always needed.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:13:03 AM

In my honest opinion, he should accept and use that opportunity to invite them to join the open community of Bitcoin. Unconditional help is always needed.

Yes, if they are that interested, there is always work on the wikis and attending bitcoin meetups to be done ...

remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:27:47 AM

I am not getting paid by the CFR.

Do they pay you any expenses (like travel and accomodation) ?

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:27:57 PM

the CFR are scumbags, we should settle on a code so you can clue us into what happened, eg. at the next conference bend over and rub your butt if you've been blackmailed to sabotage bitcoin.

actually I don't think they'll want to kill it, going by all their talk about the NWO in their own publications the corporate members probably love bitcoin, if they weren't behind it to begin with - at the very least they'll find it useful in their drug running and other criminal activity.

wait.. what's this about the Bitcoin Foundation collaborating with the Gates foundation and Brookings Institute?

they wouldn't give a shit about child exploitation, along with the list below Gates is also invested in Nestle who obtain cocoa through child slavery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQvEX2Xait4

There is a very simple way to deal with this: Just use GNU/Linux instead of Microsoft Windows.

This quote was deleted I guess because the comment didn't save. Just another part of the problems happening with the forum lately I guess. Anyway, what does this have to do with Gavin going to CFR? All companies have weird connections. 

coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:31:40 PM

well, that's an interesting development. CFR invites Gavin and by pure chance, a foundation members gets arrested 1 week earlier. now we've learned something about conspiracies.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

well, that's an interesting development. CFR invites Gavin and by pure chance, a foundation members gets arrested 1 week earlier. now we've learned something about conspiracies.

What? Who got arrested?

coinrevo

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

Now that meeting is going to be so much more interesting. I'm not quite sure what Shrem is accused of, but they seem to have used internal communications (congrats NSA).

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board

Charlie Shrem
Vice Chairman

Currently serving as CEO and co-founder of BitInstant, one of the largest, earliest and well known alternative payment companies, Charlie used his position in both the old banking world and new alternative currency world to help pave the way for the Bitcoin economy to emerge in early 2011. Known in the Bitcoin and old hacker communities as 'Yankee', he is also founding member and current Vice Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation. Along with Gareth Nelson, he found the need for a more secure, fast and convenient way of transferring funds between and within payment networks around the world and leads BitInstant through the complex compliance, licensing and regulations of the worldwide banking system
colour

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:48:45 PM

What? Who got arrested?

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-ceo-of-major-bitcoin-exchange-arrested-2014-1
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

Now that meeting is going to be so much more interesting. I'm not quite sure what Shrem is accused of, but they seem to have used internal communications (congrats NSA).

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board

Charlie Shrem
Vice Chairman

Currently serving as CEO and co-founder of BitInstant, one of the largest, earliest and well known alternative payment companies, Charlie used his position in both the old banking world and new alternative currency world to help pave the way for the Bitcoin economy to emerge in early 2011. Known in the Bitcoin and old hacker communities as 'Yankee', he is also founding member and current Vice Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation. Along with Gareth Nelson, he found the need for a more secure, fast and convenient way of transferring funds between and within payment networks around the world and leads BitInstant through the complex compliance, licensing and regulations of the worldwide banking system

Wow, I didn't know that. I guess it's true that the US government is coming after Bitcoin. Their just going to come through the back door. You can't keep going to Washington and poking the beast without eventually getting attacked.

coinrevo

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:55:21 PM

question is: how did law enforcement get those private communications? was that legal? the complaint is basically an email dump.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:57:16 PM

What? Who got arrested?

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-ceo-of-major-bitcoin-exchange-arrested-2014-1

Thanks for the link. That made me laugh so hard. I love the fact that the Winklevoss douches are caught up in this. haha

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

question is: how did law enforcement get those private communications? was that legal? the complaint is basically an email dump.

I'm sure they got them from the Silk Road seized computers. They had a warrant so the info was legally obtained. I think a lot of the former SR users have a little anal probing in their future.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:55:25 PM

I'm sure they got them from the Silk Road seized computers. They had a warrant so the info was legally obtained. I think a lot of the former SR users have a little anal probing in their future.

If the Feds can triangulate between SR and BitInstant...  Ouch!

Probably the garden variety junkies, tweakers, etc have nothing to worry about, but I'll wager that a lot folks higher up on the food chain utilized Shrem's services since in the earlier days (at least) he was one of the only games in town.

I personally think that the whole 'war on drugs' is a sham and a scam, but it is the case that the larger operators were not doing their thing out of the goodness of their hearts.  They were in it for the money, and the money was there because of the stupid drug laws.  If they end up paying the price, that is how the dice landed...and they voluntarily picked up the dice to have a role in the first place.  I'm not shedding a lot of tears for them personally.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:20:54 PM

If the Feds can triangulate between SR and BitInstant...  Ouch!

Probably the garden variety junkies, tweakers, etc have nothing to worry about, but I'll wager that a lot folks higher up on the food chain utilized Shrem's services since in the earlier days (at least) he was one of the only games in town.

I personally think that the whole 'war on drugs' is a sham and a scam, but it is the case that the larger operators were not doing their thing out of the goodness of their hearts.  They were in it for the money, and the money was there because of the stupid drug laws.  If they end up paying the price, that is how the dice landed...and they voluntarily picked up the dice to have a role in the first place.  I'm not shedding a lot of tears for them personally.

The American drug war will go down in history as the greatest wastes of national wealth of any country that ever existed. You could say that Christians jailed Charlie in their war against anything they don't agree with today. Moralizing by the American government is a ridiculous farce considering how many women and children have been killed and raped in "police actions" and wars by the American military.

That said, I still believe if someone knowingly commits a crime they have no one to blame but themselves. If they don't get caught that's great but if they do I can't feel sorry for them. Charlie could have started his company in a country that's not controlled by a bunch of Christian nut jobs. The moralizing will continue as the American Gestapo will use the seized computers to go on a crusade against SR heretics across the country.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:42:12 AM

One Week Server Time Till Gavin will visit the Council on Foreign Relations  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:16:41 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 07:29:33 PM by Adrian-x

Quote from: CFR
Cryptocurrencies are likely here to stay, although they might look very different two decades from now.
And

Eager to maintain their current position, the large players may agree to self-regulate rather than decide to take a stand and risk a more heavy-handed response from the authorities. Such self-regulation could involve modifying the Bitcoin protocol to reduce anonymity.

This is what Gavin will be discussing. The question is what can the TPTB bring to the table for this type of cooperation, remember legislation can be "heavy-handed".  

I think offering this is more than enough, they can choose to participate at will. Starts 20 seconds in.

In fact Sarah Meiklejohn should be on the panel for security and law enforcement. Listening to her one understands Bitcoin is a godsend for law enforcement. The only regulation necessary is large players putting names KYC to public keys at the point of sale.

Have fun Gavin.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:42:31 AM

The CFR on bitcoin at 23:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQj9sWawXBg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUL_A4jkwvKuMyToAPy3FQKQ

The whole video is worth watching to see how scumbags they are

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:44:24 AM

CFR are the intellectual and philosophical descendants of the Federal Reserve and the IMF.

Their plan includes using the IMF to regulate Bitcoin according to their published documents.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2248419

One mechanism for that would be to get Bitcoin to be legal tender for one of the member nations, that would allow the IMF to get involved.

Legal Tender is wicked law.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: