Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin 1.04 Released [Hardened Edition]  (Read 8803 times)
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:12:51 PM

The license has been changed for a few reasons, so we can be updated in advance of the source being used in other projects and to advise others on precautions they need to take. SolidCoin has now fixed multiple vulnerabilities in the Bitcoin client and they need important consideration before being added to other chains. Furthermore to the bitcoin developers which suggest SolidCoin has done nothing it will require them to have a turn around in their public statements to date.

We are not necessarily going to restrict who can use the source code, however this change is mostly brought on by the developers and trolls of Bitcoin. If you don't like it, don't use the source code, simple really.

You do realize that copyright and licenses only protect against actual copying of the source code.  Other projects are still free to a) understand the conceptual algorithm changes you made and b) implement the same changes themselves with slightly different code.  If you want to protect against that, you'll need to get a Patent (good luck with that).

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
titbb

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:23:05 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 08:05:16 PM by Maged

I dont think he can close source SC, since he prob has lots of opensource BTC code in there.
Just shows all those 'forks' cant be fully trusted.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:51:29 PM

It's not the first time a project or developer went power hungry and tried to rape an open source project. A few examples are firefox, X11, twiki, and OpenOffice.

Version 1.03 was, I believe, fully open source.

What this project needs is someone to fork 1.03, fix the transaction processing code, and release it as a new open source project. It will carry on quite happily with the SolidCoin blockchain. We can then revert any mental and unstable changes made by the mental and unstable SolidCoin developer(s) and have a free coin. We could rename it in the process.

..or we could just let it die.

AnRkey

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:03:58 PM

Wow, what a mess. How could you guys fuck with the license, did you really think that nobody would care?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:14:20 PM

Can't close an open source thing without removing all open source code from it.  What CH/RS did was put up an illegal and illegitimate message in a readme file, which not only can safely be ignored but should be ignored.
This is not correct. Bitcoin is under the MIT/X11 license which allows people to restrict or close it up as they like. Also, even if Bitcoin was GPL'd and they tried to pull this, their infringement does not automatically mean you can infringe on their code.

Anyhow, Solidcoin was flawed from the start. It didn't fix much, if any, of the known issues in Bitcoin, and only worked-around the "pump and dump" issue other similar scams have seen. Over the past few days, I've explained to various people on IRC how a new cryptocurrency could be done to really fix these problems and significantly restructure things, so hopefully some of them will get together a team to actually try implementing something new (it falls outside the scope of my interest in Bitcoin to do so myself).

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 05:20:17 PM

Thanks to these changes,lots of my exchanges and SC BTC guild have shut down.You need to ease up on the liscencing restrictions otherwise more people will refuse to use your currency and that always affects the user/consumer.Is there any basis to your requirement on that ":We are not necessarily going to restrict who can use the source code, however this change is mostly brought on by the developers and trolls of Bitcoin. If you don't like it, don't use the source code, simple really."

This is the part that concerns me,as the 2 exchanges and 2 pools I already used have shutdown because of this.

Devs (of SC),I liked your idea on SC but the new restrictions are driving some developers of exchanges out.Please reverse the problematic licencing terms or rephrase them (so as not to offend/confuse anyone) for clarification. Why did you decide to tighten restrictions at a time when SC was gaining interest from more people?

Also did you really think people will take these changes lying down? I certainly didn't

I also wish to understand why you changed the terms and how do they really affect me?
Can't we show the devs that they made a big mistake?I think if enough people complain and show that we are prepared to move away from this SC project,then the devs will take notice.I vote with my feet(and wallet).

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
mikegogulski

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 05:27:41 PM

Yes [ArtForz] is a blackhat hacker who disrupted the computers, networks and investments of thousand of people around the world. He is also lying about communications he has had with me. But you wouldn't expect much else from a hacker.

This is going in your permanent file.

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:30:44 PM

This is the part that concerns me,as the 2 exchanges and 2 pools I already used have shutdown because of this.

Devs (of SC),I liked your idea on SC but the new restrictions are driving some developers of exchanges out.Please reverse the problematic licencing terms or rephrase them (so as not to offend/confuse anyone) for clarification.

The damage is already done. I highly doubt said pools or exchanges are going to have a change of heart about RS/CH and reopen just because he backpedals on this particular issue.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 05:33:22 PM

Devs (of SC),I liked your idea on SC but the new restrictions are driving some developers of exchanges out.Please reverse the problematic licencing terms or rephrase them (so as not to offend/confuse anyone) for clarification.

The damage is already done. I highly doubt said pools or exchanges are going to have a change of heart about RS/CH and reopen just because he backpedals on this particular issue.

I didn't realise fully but it was a good ride while it lasted.

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:04:59 PM

wow, this "licence change" realy made the price drop, lol

What price? Which exchange? lol...

People are dumping them on moonco.in

https://moonco.in/exchange/solidcoin

Last Trade 0.0030
High Bid 0.0030
Low Ask 0.0031
Volume 20937.2924 SC
High 0.0400
Low 0.0011
Avg 0.0206

This change could be contributory towards establishing even better pump and dump than has occurred so far.  Congrats to mastermind?

HOWEVER

SolidCoin is open source and NOBODY has to use that particular release.  Fork perhaps?  Additionally with fork, restore the MIT license to be included?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:17:28 PM

For me I'm just freezing a bunch of this SLC's and put them to rest in an USB Pen.
No use for this whatsoever and it's developer just keeps stepping everybody's toes...

Btw, what's the last block# on this thing? I already get 1500+ confirmations of transactions from 27/08 and it keeps going.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:17:41 PM

SolidCoin is open source and NOBODY has to use that particular release.  Fork perhaps?  Additionally with fork, restore the MIT license to be included?
Done
Soldcoin is a new Solidcoin client completely open-source, no more ask-me-before bs

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
wallet.dat

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:23:01 PM

After I saw the Bitparking message this morning, I decided to just withdraw my SolidCoins and put them in a shoebox, so to speak.  But now there's no evidence of my transaction ever taking place other than the 0'd out balance in BitParking.  I'm running v1.04 of the client too.  WTF.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:38:08 PM

mine came out just fine wallet.dat

try a -rescan

if not look at the blockchain and see if you can see your transaction

doubleC is helpful as well.

now jackjack can you get scexchange to reopen?

mooo for rent
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:44:19 PM

If the last block is #28353
Then I'm in the same boat with wallet.dat; nothing has been sent from bitparking.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:47:09 PM

If the last block is #28353
Then I'm in the same boat with wallet.dat; nothing has been sent from bitparking.

client says block 29286

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:49:54 PM

So I've a long time to go yet, it seams stopped at 28353 here. Rather redownload the whole blockchain again.

|

|
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:51:26 PM

Done
Soldcoin is a new Solidcoin client completely open-source, no more ask-me-before bs

Thank you jackjack for saving the solidcoin from being listed as a asspenny in this new and fabulous asspenny-exchange.tk.
Now, lets download this new and shiny fork'n'fork of yours Smiley

PS! Good job RealSolid! Well done, boy!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
gw4tt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:52:49 PM

my client says block 29295 but i'm running the original solidcoin client.
SAPer

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:55:49 PM

So I've a long time to go yet, it seams stopped at 28353 here. Rather redownload the whole blockchain again.
I have just the same issue, restart client.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: