Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source!  (Read 23746 times)
gw4tt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:36:58 PM

it probably will fork though. It's not a hard thing to do, if no one else does I could probably do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:37:59 PM

Those who spent their time mining, should be allowed to keep their coins.

It's not about pissing off coinhunter or anyone else. It's about keeping the thousands who have spent their electricity and time mining, with their coins.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:38:14 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 07:43:07 PM by Maged

it probably will fork though. It's not a hard thing to do, if no one else does I could probably do it.

I suspect the first person to fork it will likely get the most response from the community given what has transpired with solidcoins in the past 48 hours.

It's not about pissing off coinhunter or anyone else. It's about keeping the thousands who have spent their electricity and time mining, with their coins.

Tell that to Jackjack and also you can still use your coins on the exchanges that accept them.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:42:15 PM

What are you talking about? I only forked the client, the network is exactly the same

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:44:14 PM

What are you talking about? I only forked the client, the network is exactly the same

I'm disagreeing with smoothie not you. I praise keeping the chain. My apologies for not using the quote option.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:07:57 PM

Please remove or fix  /doc/readme.txt

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:31:57 PM

Please remove or fix  /doc/readme.txt
Thanks, fix'd

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 07:56:13 PM

yeah,I share that sentiment.I mined a fair number of coins in less than a week and I don't want my coins to disappear.I don't care what some whining,idiot developer thinks is good for the rest of us,if he screws us around,we'll just create a fork of his works and see how he likes it then.I want to start asap for mining the SC fork so I can profit like I did the 1st time.

What is the new fork called? And where can I mine it?(which pools?)

Thanks

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:01:00 PM

Smoothie, you said you made your 205 btc investing at the start, but in reality you sold much too early and made a large mistake. Your merely trying to find another chain so you can get rich quick. Eat a bag of dicks. 

+1

Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:03:22 PM

Those people who mined SC and held them were betting, and they bet wrong.
I'm one of 'em, sucks, but you have to be very naive indeed to believe that you're guaranteed a fantastic return for mining WhateverCoins.

SC folded, it may or may not have been predictable.  If you sold and got out in time, good job guessing right.
If you held and are now looking at a pile of nearly worthless coins, you fucked up.

Nobody but CoinHunter has any moral obligation to keep SC floating.  If someone chooses to do so then they're being very nice and you should thank them, but nobody has the right to demand SC be worked on by people other than coinhunter.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:42:44 PM

The drama with CoinHunter has been going on for days and meanwhile the value of SC has been dropping. Even if SC 'appeared' to be 1.42x (or whatever) more profitable than Bitcoin, it was very risky to throw one's stakes in there. I feel sorry for those who have lost due to CH's foolishness, but it's not as if one couldn't see this coming.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:46:03 PM

Rename the whole shebazzle SaladCoin in honour of the tosser who started solidcoin.

It will be interesting to see if the implementations get into a protocol fight.  
With bitcoin there will presumably be a common set of unit tests for implementers to work against.

With SaladCoin - just throw your code onto the same chopping block and try to keep your fingers clear of the other chefs knives.. don't worry if you're tossing a Waldorf and the other guy's cutting a Caesar - it's all just solid salad in the end!

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
The Electric Monk

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:50:46 PM

I don't think another fork is going to help things, plus you'll cause more problems for miners than anyone else if you do that.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:53:53 PM

I don't think another fork is going to help things, plus you'll cause more problems for miners than anyone else if you do that.

Agreed. Keep the SolidCoin client open source so the network still runs. Replace the closed source ( or whatever ) clients with open source versions.

If anyone wants to use SolidCoin they can and the coinhunter loonypath no longer controls anything.
gw4tt

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 08:57:08 PM

It's good for miners to have choices in what coin they mine.
The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 09:06:25 PM

It's good for miners to have choices in what coin they mine.

If you start another blockchain that's an open source version of Solidcoin, you'll essentially replace Solidcoin leaving the same number of options.
The Electric Monk

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 09:11:39 PM

In the end, a new chain will mess people over who mined and invested, keeping an open source version doesn't.  By messing over people who've mined and invested you are strengthening the arguement that cryptocurrencies are a scam, and that's not good for anyone.  If you want a new chain to mine, IX, IO and SC are all still fairly new.
gw4tt

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 09:15:18 PM

In the end, a new chain will mess people over who mined and invested, keeping an open source version doesn't.  By messing over people who've mined and invested you are strengthening the arguement that cryptocurrencies are a scam, and that's not good for anyone.  If you want a new chain to mine, IX, IO and SC are all still fairly new.

I haven't mined bitcoin since IXCoin came out. I mined around 20k of those. Mined I0 when it came out (still mining it right now as it's the most profitable). Mined SC as well. But I sell all mined coins same day usually.
Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 09:33:43 PM

IMO it's irrelevant. Anyone could start a SolidCoin/Bitcoin fork at any point. Why would it make a difference if someone started a SolidCoin fork ("SoldCoin") now versus some other random fork? Supposedly there's something coming up Sep. 7th, and those who want to mine new forks will do so regardless of what happens here.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:03:21 PM

For the record, I'd like to state that I don't support solidcoin...
I just hate when a sucker wants to play god

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: