Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s  (Read 346282 times)
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:56:59 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 03:15:53 PM by BITMAIN

Mining Stably, Delivering on Time, if not Pre-Shipped.

Hello community,

Thanks for your great support for Bitmain and his product, Antminer S1. at Jan 15th,  Beijing Time 23:00, The S1 is available again, the last batch before the Chinese New Year.

All these product will be shipped before Jan 25th, and this is our promise. Then, please don't forget that Bitmain pre-ships, which means lots of units will be shipped out on this Saturday.

As hundreds of ICs and components comes in different vendors, we will add our stock from time to time, in this round of sales. When we add stocks in, we will notice community in this thread.

In the past few days, we have fixed some bugs of our shopping website. Bug reports still welcomed. Please email to webmaster@bitmaintech.com to report the bugs.

Now we need only 1 confirmation after you paid the bitcoin. As we will double check before we finally ship, We believe double spending attack is not rationale.

About S1

Hash rate: 180 GH/s
Power consumption: about 360 W on wall
Power supply: 3 +12V DC input
Power efficiency:  2 W/GH/s on wall
Size:  135 mm x 155 mm x 300 mm
Network connection: Ethernet Cable / WIFI
Cooling: 12cm PWM fans and customized heat sink
Kindly reminder: you need prepare your own 12V DC power adapter

Price

2.2BTC/Unit, Shipping included.

We don't believe difficulty will jump like rocket as before. When GPU is introduced, the edge compared with CPU is hundreds of times. When FPGA is introduced, as the miners are hard to decide between high CPEX(capital expenditure) vs. electricity expenses, so the difficulty is in stagnation, as FPGA is no clear advantage compared with GPU. The first generation of ASIC mining rigs has nearly 50x~100x of better efficiency than FPGA/GPU miners in both CPEX and electricity expenses, so the difficulty growth is quite fast, but less than GPU introducing time. In the future, different generation of ASIC chips only has 5x~10x of efficiency difference. So we don't believe the exponential growth assumption that the difficulty will increase like crazy. If we use exponential formulas to forecast the difficulty, we think we should conservatively assume it, which should not be higher than the average number in the recent difficulty adjustment cycles.

The first batch of Antminer buyer is going to ROI in a day when I write this post

When Bitmain first introduce the miners on the market, we sell on 2013/11/23 a 180GH/s ANTMINER at 4.75 BTC. some people fear the increasing of difficulty, while some other community members bought it.

What if these miners started to mine on 2013/11/25, how many coins has the S1 mined, assuming not overclocked, 0.10$/KWH, 836USD/BTC? The number is 4.697BTC, electricity bill deducted. The miner who bought S1 on 2013/11/23 @4.75BTC per unit needs only another day to enjoy the ROI when we write this post,  without overclocking.

Now according to our model, which has been proved accurate or conservative in the past, we believe the 2.2BTC is profitable price for the miners, and a fair price to distribute the future mining revenue between the Bitmain and the mining community.

Will Chinese New Year influence the work of UPS/DHL in China?
It will still be one week before CNY when we end the shipping. The CNY is under the control of our risk management. However, the CNY will influence the production in China and Taiwan, where lots of ASIC chips packaged, miners produced and PSU produced.

Attachment: Difficulty History

source: http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016
Reminder: Bitmain is not responsible for any financial advise.

BITMAIN's official distributors for oversea market (outside of China):
talk ID                                       email box
sushi                                         joshmon@e-mail.ph
topminingcontracts                    jg@112bit.com
yxt                                            yxt@gmx.net
Coupons and warranty validity are on the basis of purchase records, please choose reliable channels to purchase.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
Green Samurai

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:11:20 PM

Hello Bitmain,

Thanks for offer, you are very good and trust company with on stock miners (i have ANTminer), but:

2.2 BTC will never make ROI on miners with next difficulty - next extimate 2300000000 will make 1.27 BTC/month.
So miner 2.2 BTC will never refund in mining :|

It's the best offer in the market for now, but the price is to big for the market reality.

Maybe You are developing something stronger that S1?

Regards.
pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:18:53 PM

Hello Bitmain,

Thanks for offer, you are very good and trust company with on stock miners (i have ANTminer), but:

2.2 BTC will never make ROI on miners with next difficulty - next extimate 2300000000 will make 1.27 BTC/month.

It's the best offer in the market for now, but the price is to big for the market reality.

Regards.

I think that the right price is 2 btc
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:27:56 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 03:47:45 PM by loshia

Hello Bitmain,

Regards.

I think that the right price is 2 btc
Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?
Check your math dude. In Feb diff which is unknown since something big is happening behind the scene not more that 1 BTC and i doubt even at that price it will ever make roi

Any way Bitmain is a smart businessmen with a good record which deserves our respect . I wish all of us the customers to be at least half the smart compared to him
Besides CNY is knocking at the door and that is only time for most of the pople to meet their families. I would not blame China DHL or EMS employees if they mess up something with some orders and this get delivered in march. For sure Bitmain will do his part and provide all of his customers with tracking as promised
PS: the picture in most optimistic scenario

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=1789546951&dcosts=500&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=180000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=856.65&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc

0.8 BTC loss at least for 2.2 BTC invested

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:59:23 PM

bleh the promised lead time is much worse than the 2.4btc sale, which was a lead time of only 2 days.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:26:33 PM

IMO - I would rather buy these units any day of the week over what is being peddled on the Avalon side in the GB forum.  (Which I just did x 2)

Given the track record with this crew and product.. it is hard to beat.  

I don't live inside a constant "ROI Calculator/Forecast" box.. so, that aspect doesn't "bother" me as much..

Just my 2 cents

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:31:31 PM

We have updated our OP with some historical data and analysis about the mining difficulty.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:34:14 PM

Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?
Check your math dude. In Feb diff which is unknown since something big is happening behind the scene not more that 1 BTC and i doubt even at that price it will ever make roi

Any way Bitmain is a smart businessmen with a good record which deserves our respect . I wish all of us the customers to be at least half the smart compared to him
Besides CNY is knocking at the door and that is only time for most of the pople to meet their families. I would not blame China DHL or EMS employees if they mess up something with some orders and this get delivered in march. For sure Bitmain will do his part and provide all of his customers with tracking as promised

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=1789546951&dcosts=500&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=180000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=856.65&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc

Your numbers don't match your claim.
I updated them (changed the difficulty to the 2.07B estimate for the next jump, changed power to 360W, and removed the BTC/USD increase, changed the lower diff increase/jump to 5%)
bitcoin mining profit calculator
Even with those changes that calculator is showing break even in June, with difficult 11x higher than the next jump at 22B
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:42:13 PM

they roi pretty well if you just dump then on fleebay at the right time
dannymack

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:43:45 PM

Accept paypal and I'm in.
I'm all out of btc...
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?

I updated them (changed the difficulty to the 2.07B estimate for the next jump, changed power to 360W, and removed the BTC/USD increase, changed the lower diff increase/jump to 5%)
Even with those changes that calculator is showing break even in June, with difficult 11x higher than the next jump at 22B
I rember the times when people was paying 2btc per USB stick and no one make a rio in btc from mining alone
Any way they are two much factors to be unpredicted but I wish too all customers to make rio I
Happy mining

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

Paypal or Bank payments available?
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:10:06 PM

Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?

You forgot that there is at least 1 diff jump before those get to mining. I would love to buy more of those, but those are just too pricey for the risk. 1.5 BTC I could manage.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:11:50 PM

Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?

I rember the times when people was paying 2btc per USB stick and no one make a rio in btc from mining alone
Any way they are two much factors to be unpredicted but I wish too all customers to make rio I
Happy mining
LOL... Yeah, but everyone knew that going in. Those USB sticks weren't going to break eveb for years even with free power and no change in difficulty. This is different, even with reasonable hashrate increases they should break even by the summer, and you still have the hardware in hand when that happens.
They're good reason to not buy these (turning your BTC into hardware to mine back the BTC drastically reduces your liquidity) but they're nowhere near the dogs that the AM sticks and blades were at introduction.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?

You forgot that there is at least 1 diff jump before those get to mining. I would love to buy more of those, but those are just too pricey for the risk. 1.5 BTC I could manage.
No I didn't, that starts at 2.07B difficulty which is the prediction for the next jump on Jan 25th. The current difficulty is 1.79B.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:22:59 PM

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=1789546951&dcosts=2.2&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=180000&diff_mincreasedecrease=0.1&btcusd=1&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=0&pcost=0&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc

2.49BTC profit for 2.2BTC invested.

EDIT: This isn't hashfast.  The price of BTC in USD is not a part of the profit equation.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:26:14 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 05:37:21 PM by loshia

Is that a jocke ?
2 btc?

No I didn't, that starts at 2.07B difficulty which is the prediction for the next jump on Jan 25th. The current difficulty is 1.79B.
And in 25 you will get tracking if all is good q1 february delivery
And while you are counting days until february there will be two jumps with 40% this is my feeling
And so on and on just two magic words ASIC on stock reliable delivery and the fact that there are no deals around does not mean that we have to buy that is all

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:28:11 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 05:39:25 PM by loshia

If you have it today look at the beg of february dude and have in in mind that all mined until then will be collected and you know by who right?

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:31:53 PM

And in 25 you will get tracking if all is good q1 march delivery
And while you are counting days until March there will be two jumps with 40% this is my feeling
And so on and on just two magic words ASIC on stock reliable delivery and the fact that there are no deals around does not mean that we have to buy that is all
I'm not sure why you're saying that if everything goes well that a unit that ships on Jan 25th will arrive in March. While it's a possibility if there are huge customs delays, the last one I ordered was on Saturday night, it shipped on Monday and it's scheduled for delivery today.
innovation

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:32:43 PM

Mining Stably, Delivering on Time, if not Pre-Shipped.

Hello community,

Thanks for your great support for Bitmain and his product, Antminer S1. at Jan 15th,  Beijing Time 23:00, The S1 is available again, the last batch before the Chinese New Year.

All these product will be shipped before Jan 25th, and this is our promise. Then, please don't forget that Bitmain pre-ships, which means lots of units will be shipped out on this Saturday.

As hundreds of ICs and components comes in different vendors, we will add our stock from time to time, in this round of sales. When we add stocks in, we will notice community in this thread.

In the past few days, we have fixed some bugs of our shopping website. Bug reports still welcomed. Please email to webmaster@bitmaintech.com to report the bugs.

Now we need only 1 confirmation after you paid the bitcoin. As we will double check before we finally ship, We believe double spending attack is not rationale.

About S1

Hash rate: 180 GH/s
Power consumption: about 360 W on wall
Power supply: 3 +12V DC input
Power efficiency:  2 W/GH/s on wall
Size:  135 mm x 155 mm x 300 mm
Network connection: Ethernet Cable / WIFI
Cooling: 12cm PWM fans and customized heat sink
Kindly reminder: you need prepare your own 12V DC power adapter

Price

2.2BTC/Unit, Shipping included.

We don't believe difficulty will jump like rocket as before. When GPU is introduced, the edge compared with CPU is hundreds of times. When FPGA is introduced, as the miners are hard to decide between high CPEX(capital expenditure) vs. electricity expenses, so the difficulty is in stagnation, as FPGA is no clear advantage compared with GPU. The first generation of ASIC mining rigs has nearly 50x~100x of better efficiency than FPGA/GPU miners in both CPEX and electricity expenses, so the difficulty growth is quite fast, but less than GPU introducing time. In the future, different generation of ASIC chips only has 5x~10x of efficiency difference. So we don't believe the exponential growth assumption that the difficulty will increase like crazy. If we use exponential formulas to forecast the difficulty, we think we should conservatively assume it, which should not be higher than the average number in the recent difficulty adjustment cycles.

The first batch of Antminer buyer is going to ROI in a day when I write this post

When Bitmain first introduce the miners on the market, we sell on 2013/11/23 a 180GH/s ANTMINER at 4.75 BTC. some people fear the increasing of difficulty, while some other community members bought it.

What if these miners started to mine on 2013/11/25, how many coins has the S1 mined, assuming not overclocked, 0.10$/KWH, 836USD/BTC? The number is 4.697BTC, electricity bill deducted. The miner who bought S1 on 2013/11/23 @4.75BTC per unit needs only another day to enjoy the ROI when we write this post,  without overclocking.

Now according to our model, which has been proved accurate or conservative in the past, we believe the 2.2BTC is profitable price for the miners, and a fair price to distribute the future mining revenue between the Bitmain and the mining community.

Will Chinese New Year influence the work of UPS/DHL in China?
It will still be one week before CNY when we end the shipping. The CNY is under the control of our risk management. However, the CNY will influence the production in China and Taiwan, where lots of ASIC chips packaged, miners produced and PSU produced.

Attachment: Difficulty History

source: http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016
Reminder: Bitmain is not responsible for any financial advise.

Case for antminer S1:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413687.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 297 »
  Print  

Jump to: