Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is the only policy.  (Read 5396 times)
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:40:11 PM

yes indeed how it works like that, holding is the best way, because if you panic sell you will lose your money. so you need to be patient and hold it until the price goes up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:42:49 PM

Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.
What is your policy at this current market volatility?

You can always have your own decisions in life either you will invest or sell your coins, but the best thing to do today is just hold your coins since the market price is keep on decreasing and that is the reason why you should hold your coins even longer and wait for the market to go back to normal.
abokhalel2

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:45:36 PM

because of the market fluctuations it does not mean that we only have to hold in here.. there are a lot of ways to make profit and i do not think that holding is the only way out in here.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:54:55 AM

the policy that I apply right now is to buy as much as I can and hold it, I hold some altcoins like ripples. ethereum, eos and stellar. you can also try to buy ICO coins that can potentially make you big profits later on, I recommend you to try https://alphacar.io I think this is one of the potentially popular ICO's. supported by a solid and transparent team. https://alphacar.io
You are indirectly advertising some project. I believe it is not good for this community. You must avoid recommending one particular project in open discussion.

Most of the people will buy and hold only what they are affordable to hold for long period. Because planning up to hold some huge amount of coins will not be possible for most of the people. For short-term trading anyone can buy any amount of buying and then can encash them but holding will be different scenario.
longergou

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:02:13 PM

I won't be changed by any news and people. I think that if a token is promising, then my approach is simple. I will always hold it! Until its price makes me happy!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

For the current market situation it is, its also depends when you made buy in. But trading is also profitable If you know what you are doing
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:08:39 PM

I al firmly holding my altcoins because market is very volatile And also liquidity for many coins is so low...
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1531
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

indeed it should be the very volatile market price. Essentially if you believe in your coins, do not panic and sell them if you do not want to lose your money.
the current investment in cryptocurrency is very popular and very promising. so do not be too worried if your coin price drops because it is supposed to be fluctuating market prices

markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:23:26 PM

Would definitely HODLing in this kind of situation. I am simply have one policy same as you (TS), simply HODLing my asset in the RED market times, plus when i got some money to spent, i would like to buy some more coin in the RED market times. RED market time as sale time.
Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:54:08 PM

Keeping coins in the long run is a fairly simple solution, but quite effective. I think the best solution now when the market is so volatile the trade, but not everyone can do it.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
vhroen

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 03:57:44 PM

Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.

If it's a bitcoin or the top 10+ altcoins in the market my policy would always be HODL because they are stable coins meaning their prices are just fluctuating because of the market natural volatility but when the market recovers their prices will also react positively. However, if the coins you are holding are not even on the top 100 the possibility that your coins would bounce back after the long bearish market trends are very slim. I think you better review or change your strategy on this so that your investment would not suffer.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:51:42 PM

This indeed is the best policy to save yourself from the hardships later .
I always say , if the whole market is drowning then there is no need of any panic , but if the coin that you invsted on is the only one which is drowning , then there is a concern situation . HODL will definitely save you from any future regrets.
I once read somewhere that when you think of the long term, it totally affects the decision you make in the short term and that is how HODLing is. The market will always fluctuate and that is where traders get the best advantage than HODLERS, but not everyone can trade obviously, so if you are investing, knowledge about the space would have helped anyone to realize that as long as you are holding for the future, you are on the right track. It is the knowledge that will help you to choose the coin you want to invest in, know how to at least follow long term patterns and make the best of the crypto space.
Yeah, there is no way that kind of thinking will not even affect the decisions you make eventually. I remembered when I was investing in 2014, I invested what I really would not bother about or something I could easily have given to someone without stress into the space and kept in a paper wallet. That time, it was nothing, now it is a whole lot.

The idea is with knowledge about the space, it would affect the decision you make from the point of investing to the point of holding. Holding will pay off only when you will be holding a good coins. Now a days, lots of fake ICOs and their fake tokens are being introduced, holding them will make you poor and nothing else.
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:53:22 PM

HODL is the best policy for existing coins you own when price takes a nose dive.

BUY is also the best policy for projects you are interested in that are currently on discount  Smiley

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:53:33 PM

my policy is very simple, if my analysis the market will go down more,
i will sell it any crypto in my bag, when there is a chance to sell it, then buy back again on the dip price

youngsblin

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:54:58 PM

I also keep cryptocurrency for a long time, because I believe that prices will rise hundreds of times and I entered the money that I was not sorry.  Cool
Megababa

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:57:30 PM

If you wanna stand the test of time and eat the sweet fruit of crypto, patience which is the same thing as holding is one of the policy you have to adopt. Hodling this coins till lambo... Don't care about how long it will take.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:33:57 AM

HODL is always good. especially in the second where not everything is green. and best for a few days or weeks no check of the portfolio make. that spares the nerves  Grin
Holding will be good for making easy money but not with all the coins. Because if you notice, you can find lots of coins are always trading in red and after some time they will get de-listed from the exchanges. So, non-potential coins are not good for holding.

We must analyze the potential of bitcoin before start acquiring them for holding. Only if you believe in the future of one coin, you must hold that alone.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Sexteh

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:39:45 AM

To those who wants to secure their positions without losing, HODL is the best strategy and it works for me. I just hodling since pre ICO and now I gained profits.
Mostshisha

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:43:36 AM

Yes, panic sell when the price falls is the wrong decision. hodl, and be patient again for some time. we always wait for higher prices, right? so, hodl.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:47:59 AM

Currently majority of the coins are in red status and for me holding is the only solution if you dont want to lose your money/capital. Im a hodler for long term thus whatever the present price we see now im not so affected even my holdings were down. There's a right time to take profit and that's when the prices bounce back, sometimes its hard to wait or become patient but if you know the coins in your portfolio has potential and might give you huge profit in the future then better to wait because at this moment continue to hodl is the best decision for crypto investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: