Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is the only policy.  (Read 5396 times)
ClaytonLWils (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:11:27 PM

Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.
What is your policy at this current market volatility?

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesbtcearn

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:54:33 AM

I am also applying HODL. I'm a believer in long term investments. So, right now, I'm gonna hodl my coins. Let's see what happens.
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:00:59 AM

that is the thing I have to choose because I see the current market situation is very unstable. hold is the best option to wait for the price to recover or we can buy back some coins that have good potential to hold it again.

Artemon82

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:05:14 AM

Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.
im not holding for more than 2-3 months , there is just no reason to hold more for 99% of coins,so better sell before they are forgotten and trading below ico price
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:12:13 AM

Why only at this moment? Basically you can apply this strategy at anytime you want. Or you must be holding at least those coins which you think are long term fits.

Yes the long term fits? -> BTC, ETH, LTC are some of the ideal example of this and believe me people on this forum are holding them since many years that you may not believe in. Or we may not be so much patient enough to hold for that long but those idols tells us how it can benefit us.

In short go ahead and hold as the holding technique is already proven one.
seamukred

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:14:19 AM

I gradually buy various cryptocurrencies. I serve for prices and when the price falls, I buy. I do not plan to sell the crypto currency in the near future. I hope for a big increase in bitcoin prices at the end of this year. I think that bitcoin will be able to update the historical price highs.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:18:53 AM

Yes, HODL is on of the main strategy we're conducting in our cryptocurrencies/assets but we should also be wiser. Not all the time the HODL will work we should know and to accept a lose sometimes because it's better to accept rather than to continuously losing and will wait for almost more than 3 months in order to recover the lose.

It's true that the HODL is the best way in order to recover but remember there's other way in order to recover your lose, like investing to something and will earn a profit in just a months or so on, well this is just my own opinion.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

I don't believe every coin is suppose to be held for eternity. Coins like bitcoin to me is not supposed to be held in such way because the coin has potential for profit anytime any day, so why do I have to hold it if I'm seeing is going to drop beyond my entry price? So, I rather sell, make my profit and wait for another good entry position
Ade A Aziz

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:26:21 AM

Holding is a wise choice to deal with the market situation is going down. Long-term investment is my choice, so I must be patient with any situation in the market. Fluctuations become an integral part of crypto, we just need to be patient to wait to recover.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:28:46 AM

I really care a lot when the market fluctuates that much but my principle is as long as I'm holding, there's no harm in it so you are doing the right thing.
As long as I can endure the pain, it's fine to hold and if there's no need to sell, why would I sell?
I only sell if there's something that I want to buy at the expense of some of my holdings.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:30:45 AM

Yes Hodl is the only applicable way to not lose money on this downtrend. Or if You have extramoney you can also go with Buy low and sell high. Because its nice to accumulate coins when others are fearful to buy. You can bid in a very very low price.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:32:42 AM

In my case since I do believe in the technology of the coins and tokens that I invested in then I purchase some more and wait what the future will bring. I'm very much positive that by the end of the year, all coins or tokens will surely increase its value and the market will be going for an uptrend. I'm not sure about this but as we all know that the crypto market will always find its time to correct itself so lets just expect greens in the next few days or even weeks. This is really the great time to take advantage of the dips and add up some promising tokens or coins in your portfolio that could potentially give us more profit in the near future.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:32:50 AM

I think at such a time all HODL coins are needed, but there are some projects in which you can invest, because they can give you more than what you have !!!
annstasia009

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:33:55 AM

At the moment when the market falls simply to remain calm and do not sell anything, I think now even the time to buy different coins and wait for their growth

rajurathod18

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:34:20 AM

I used to hold cryptocurrency at the time of bearish trend, but i learned to sail my boat and got to know hold is not always the solution sharing my view with experience. It depends on situations and before holding you must know what you are holding and why you are holding. Its crypto market you must learn to fight with volatility and to take advantage of volatility,  you will have involve you may fail first time but you will learn with experience. In crypto trading most of the exchanges have BTC and ETH as main trading pairs, always trade cryptos keeping in mind SATOSHI don't mislead by the USD price.. Also for crypto trading exchanges also plays big roles to be successful in trading always choose top exchanges for trading only for example KUCOIN, BINANCE, HUOBI to be on safer side coz you more option to be on safer side while trading.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:36:38 AM

The rule of thumb is - > If everyone goes with the same strategies, then the prices will increase drastically since market would be short of sell trades.Don't you think ? Policies may defer depending on the type of trade you're indulged in.For instance,if you're leveraging, holding may not work out.

What you do is subjective until you are a whale who manipulates the market.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:38:11 AM

market fluctuate not just today it is everyday. i been holding some of my coins for months now. i believe they are promising so i hold them. it depends on your strategy others buy and sell but i prefer to hold.
yigitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:39:57 AM

hold investors prefer the option of some of the stock market's case. but it's definitely not the only policy I do not agree with. There are more useful choices than hodl politics on the stock exchange
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:41:09 AM

I am also holding all my coins, I have not sold a single coin because I am here for the long run. The made the best profits with just holding my coins... I think it is one of the best strategys to stay alive in these days.
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:43:36 AM

I am a long term investor, hold my choosing coins until the price will increase. In this situation in market the better we should do is hold our coin, but remember not all coins that you decided to hold are worth it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: