Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome To BitCloud ( IPO )  (Read 1999 times)
e-CoinNextGen (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:54:47 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 01:07:36 AM by e-CoinNextGen

Hello Everyone.

We are at the very early stages of turning the proof of bandwidth idea into a reality. Please read:

- the nontechnical white paper[1] and;
- the Bitcloud protocol white paper[2] .

We are going public with this idea because we want to be as open and transparent as possible. This project requires a massive amount of thought and development in many different parts of the protocol, so we need as many people helping as possible.

With the proof of bandwidth concept, we can create decentralized applications for sharing bandwidth and routing network traffic.

Bitcloud is a distrubuted autonomous corporation[3] ,

which means nodes have an incentive to come onto the network. One of the many problems of certain free and open source projects in the past has been the lack of a profit incentive.

With Bitcloud, nodes on a mesh network can be rewarded financially for routing traffic in a brand new mesh network. This removes the need for:

Internet Service Providers (Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, etc.).

We can also replace many of the centralized applications on the current Internet, such as:

YouTube, Dropbox, Facebook, Spotify, and others with decentralized, open source alternatives.

We will have to start by decentralizing the current Internet, and then we can create a new Internet to replace it. If you're interested in privacy, security, ending Internet censorship, decentralizing the Internet, and creating a new mesh network to replace the Internet, then you should join or support this project.

If you're a developer who sees the potential implications of this project, send an email to developers@bitcloudproject.org[4] .

If you're someone who wants to help the project in any other way (web design, marketing, graphics design, etc.), send an email to support@bitcloudproject.org[5] .

We don't think it would be appropriate to take donations at this time, so please hold off on that for now.

We can also be found on...

Twitter: @bitcloudproject[6]

Reddit: /r/bitcloud[7]

Our Website : bitcloudproject.org[8] (In Development)

Freenode IRC: #bitcloud

Github Repository: github.com/wetube/bitcloud[9]

Feel free to x-post this to other subreddits if you think those individuals would be interested in helping out with this project. I'll also be glad to answer any questions that people have in this thread. I'm currently working on an FAQ, so your questions will be helpful to the project as a whole.

Non Mechanical Whitepaper - https://github.com/wetube/bitcloud/blob/master/Bitcloud%20Nontechnical%20White%20Paper.md

Bitcoin Protocol Paper - https://github.com/wetube/bitcloud/blob/master/bitcloud.org

Donations - 1LAbnozPoHLg71SwSvjFkjZ7sM9n44ZKVy
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:08:21 AM

Another scam?  Grin

affan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:21:35 AM

btw , What is IPO ?  Huh

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:25:07 AM

btw , What is IPO ?  Huh

IPO stands for Initial Public Offering. When pertaining to Altcoins, it means that you are going to lose your BTC to a pretty clever scam.
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:29:51 AM

With Bitcloud, nodes on a mesh network can be rewarded financially for routing traffic in a brand new mesh network. This removes the need for:

One problem with that statement, you still need an ISP to connect to the internet (network). Unless you plan to build out an entire network infrastructure and try to completely eliminate the need of the current big ISPs; if not then this is just completely not possible. You need to have a way to connect to the internet wether it's centralized or decentralized, and for that you need infrastructure; which I doubt you have.

So this statement alone makes this IPO sound like it is a scam.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:30:58 AM

sunnyeast

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:33:01 AM

IPO is now popular

thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:31:09 AM

Another scam?  Grin

I believe for sure Grin

Scooby903

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:34:28 AM

Hi, I like this project a lot.  I have been proposing something like this for a long time.  I filed for a patent on it, too.  I think your project will completely infringe but I would be willing to collaborate. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419135.0

lnash

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:40:25 AM

We can also replace many of the centralized applications on the current Internet, such as:

YouTube, Dropbox, Facebook, Spotify, and others with decentralized, open source alternatives.

^^^^ Help me understand what is wrong with the current services and applications? Youtube and Dropbox really need to be replaced?
Scooby903

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

I'm sorry, but running 2 different "2nd Gen IPO" threads at the same time makes it look very much like a scam...

Your other IPO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419372.0

I would avoid either of these if you like keeping your coins  Grin
tangle

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:10:26 AM

Bwahahahahaha, this one is so retarded that he is posting two different IPOs at the same time.
I can't stop laughing. What a dumbass
Scooby903

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:31:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuSTgGZeQlA

Grin
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:21:29 AM

Bwahahahahaha, this one is so retarded that he is posting two different IPOs at the same time.

He probably logged into the wrong account.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:47:30 AM

He probably logged into the wrong account.

Yup!
dance4x

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:11:09 PM

The bitcoin address at the bottom of the OP is not affiliated with Bitcloud. This post is a scam and should be removed.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:28:36 PM

Please prove your affiliation w/ the github project.

If not, then /thread.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
loopgate88

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:47:47 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419372.0;all

Angry
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:07:36 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419135.140

Anyways, if y'all still like the concept, check out bitcloud.  they are some ppl from RPI and MIT making a cloud storage coin.  They say they don't need any funding.  Also, they are doing proof of bandwidth.  They haven't started coding but they got a github page up recently (yesterday?) and some early posts on reddit.  I've been sending one of them my ideas for the IP system for a week now.  I think they will make it.  Also, I put the ideas for my IP system in front of people at Datacoin.  I'm really hoping someone will make it.  I wanna get paid tho but I might not. 

Dat irony tho.

Vintage: it would be to your benefit to lay off the LSD and take a safari out to Nigeria to teach you how a scam is done properly.

At this point you're just embarassing yourself with your lack of common sense and transparency.   And, if not for the seemingly beyond-irresponsible moderators on here, you and your endless alternate accounts would have been banned by now.

vintagetrex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:12:48 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419135.140

Anyways, if y'all still like the concept, check out bitcloud.  they are some ppl from RPI and MIT making a cloud storage coin.  They say they don't need any funding.  Also, they are doing proof of bandwidth.  They haven't started coding but they got a github page up recently (yesterday?) and some early posts on reddit.  I've been sending one of them my ideas for the IP system for a week now.  I think they will make it.  Also, I put the ideas for my IP system in front of people at Datacoin.  I'm really hoping someone will make it.  I wanna get paid tho but I might not. 

Dat irony tho.

Vintage: it would be to your benefit to lay off the LSD and take a safari out to Nigeria to teach you how a scam is done properly.

At this point you're just embarassing yourself with your lack of common sense and transparency.   And, if not for the seemingly beyond-irresponsible moderators on here, you and your endless alternate accounts would have been banned by now.

No dude, I only have one account (vintagetrex).  If I had multiple accounts I wouldn't have used the same one for my IPO that I also used to talk about being bipolar and taking drugs.  Also, I haven't done acid or any hard drugs in a long time (over a year).  I am completely drug and alcohol free now (as well as gambling) and have been for almost 6 months (except the occasional toke).  Thanks for your concerns.  Furthermore, I'm not embarrassed by anything I have done. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: