Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 05:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [[ANN]] Action required to save NXT  (Read 6911 times)
stamen123 (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:09:58 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 03:02:54 PM by stamen123

EDIT: I am correcting the initial post with the information which was given in the discussion.

First of all, let me state that I am one of the biggest Nxt fans: I not only bought close to 130,000 Nxt but I am also a gateway for Nxt in Bulgaria through http://hash.bg - a site created to promote the crypto revolution in the country.

As you can see from our forum - there is a special room for Nxt discussions alongside Bitcoin. The very active Nxt contributor in Bitcointalk 'Bai Mangal' is also part of the team, an active member of hash.bg, and a big investor of own money in the project. Thus, writing this posting, we risk losing all value of our Nxt holdings, if panic bursts out.

We do it nevertheless because we want to warn new comers about the risks and, most of all, in the hope to save this good software and to engage the whole Nxt community in our attempt to set things straight. We believe it is time for Nxt to get 100% transparent and to be put on a sound foundation from where to grow.

Here is the Nxt story in short:

The first posting of "Nxt's founder", known as BCNext, is on September 28, 2013 at 07:29:09 AM (UTC+2) where he announces the Nxt idea.

Only SIX minutes later, he posts the following.
This conjecture for 6 minutes later is wrong. He has reserved the second posting and last updated it days later

Important

15 minutes ago I had a talk with a man (or a woman) who said he is a police officer. We were chatting via Skype, he asked me to make him a phone call because he has important information for me. I refused to do so and closed Skype.
Some things to think about:
- I always use Tor surfing the Internet.
- How is it possible to get my Skype number which was created for Nxt project? It was known by 3 people only who are working on Nxt project.
- The phone number was +194... It's the USA and it's a night in there right now. Was it a joke?
- I have checked the computer, no malware found.

I will reinstall OS on my computer and will disapear for a couple of days until I find other ways to surf anonymously but without Tor.

PS: This message was posted by a member of my team.

So, he had a talk with the police on a brand new Skype account, used via TOR, nine minutes before even posting the Nxt idea!!! The police in the US must have had psychic abilities to anticipate a revolutionary posting on bitcointalk by an anonymous author who threatens to destroy the world banking system. The police thinks that the best approach in this case is to contact him right away and ask him to call the police in the US.

This only shows that the founder of Nxt is inclined to resort to childish lies in order to get his point - staying anonymous in this case.

Then there comes the story from yesterday.  As the Nxt price was crashing by nearly 30% the "public face" behind Nxt, known as Coming-From-Beyond, posted:

Woulda Coulda Shoulda. Then sell me some NxT as a token of gratitude for pumping the price up.

Sorry, in 3 weeks the price will touch 1'000 BTC for 1'000'000 NXT mark. I don't sell at current price.

Might you explain why?

We r going to test Asset Exchange for guys from Wall Street. Of coz, after we launch the exchange the price will go even higher.

(This is a personal opinion, not an advice to invest)

This of course is as ridiculous as the "FBI story" above. I do not think I need to explain why; if you do not see it, just ask someone who knows Wall Street... From these two incidents, we know that both BCNext and Coming-From-Beyond have the same tendency to write bullshit without realising how stupid it is.

Now let's take a look at the big picture:

Some guy, BCNext, announces a revolutionary new coin, not a bitcoin-clone, with dream capabilities like a truly-peer-to-peer built-in Exchange among others. He does not care to reveal the principle behind this P2P exchange, explaining he does not want copycats, which is understandable.

The system uses pre-mined units in the amount of 1 billion, which is similar to Ripple but with the big difference that the people behind ripple are public figures and the ones behind Nxt not.

Now, Nxt-idea sounds good and exciting and the community starts to grow. There are even 71 stakeholders who send 21btc in total and get Nxt in return. The software team grows - with steady and generous payments in Nxt by the stakeholders to everyone who helps spread the word and thus finds fresh funds!

End of November, 2014 a new member of the team - Coming-from-beyond is hired to help everyone interested in Nxt. Around the same time BCNext stops writing in the forum.

EDIT: It turns out that CfB has taken over the development to some extent and thus rewritten the initial version to use jetty. Logical, if he has experience with this technology. It does not somehow fit in the whole picture though..

But look at the profile of Coming-From-Beyond: there is a link to his site http://qubic.boards.net/ where the first posting is by the administrator known as... Coming from beyond, posted a full year before Nxt:

http://qubic.boards.net/thread/1/qubic
https://i.imgur.com/dTkn244.png

Read the Qubic idea and see some interesting things:
https://i.imgur.com/BCgQQHt.png
source: http://qubic.boards.net/thread/2/cfbs-implementation-progress

It is written in Java utilising jetty... sounds a creepy coincidence that Nxt is built on jetty too.

Who does not yet believe that basically BCNext and CfB are the same person!

Which would be OK, if it was not for the whole circus about BCNext hiring CfB.

So, in essence the Belarussian BCNext/CfB has a good business model: Print 1 billion Nxt coins, excite people to start developing for Nxt, promise the community some revolutionary break-troughs to be revealed and start selling as many of his Nxt as possible.

I do not know who else is in the scheme - I believe that most of the developers and people, who have created Nxt-oriented sites and forums - are people like me and Bai Mangal who believe in the idea and are not involved with the scheme.

I strongly doubt that CfB/BCNext has a solution for a truly-peer-to-peer in Nxt. Seeing his childish behaviour (it is not meant as an insult, it really is just that) and his level of thought in 2012 (from cubic forum), I do not believe he has been able to solve a riddle, whose solution has been ellusive to many greater minds than him.

Thus, I do not beleive that anything revolutionary will soon come from Nxt - CfB/BCNext just tries to keep the fire burning as long as he can and sell as many of his Nxt holdings as he can, before disappearing.

But I hope it is not game over yet!

First, we have to see CfB's explanation to the above points - but please man, be honest, you are really terrible at making up stories! Everyone will confirm it to you.

Next, I call on all developers and contributors to Nxt to unite and secure the available source code. How much of it is in possession of Cfb/BCNext? How is the development organised? There is no need to be anonymous if you are not in the "scheme". Coming out will boost Nxt from a little project to a phenomenon, can you not realise it?

Let us see what we have now and start from there. Nxt is a fine software even now, with great functions, and I think we can all advance it a lot together, after we have open the source code and thus stop being dependent on CfB's "genious P2P" announcements and know-how.

And finally, I decided to not sell my Nxt coins. Even if the price now falls but we are able to secure the source code, I would be willing to buy because I believe the exciting Nxt infrastructure and community are good enough to bring the Nxt idea to success.

If it crashes, let it be - I paid a good price for a good lesson. The centralised banking system has crippled our insticts when it comes to money and the crypto revolution will only succeed if we all regain these skills back.

Cheers to all
Coinonaer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:22:02 PM

Even if CFB is BCNext, I have no problem with that. I think he does what he can to bring Nxt to the next level. Why throwing dirt here? Don’t understand this.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:27:36 PM

good luck with your fork, but without CfB think you are screwed.

Never met a more honest and humble developer in the whole crypto community like CfB.

Just because you don’t like the price now, others are glad they can buy in.

BTW: Hope he don’t give an explanation et all coz who the fuck are you?

Pin

x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:29:24 PM

funny to see what is happening with NXT atm, thanks for the proper research you did.

i guess people should decide themselves if they still believe in NXT or see it as the NXT Quark
stamen123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:30:21 PM

Even if CFB is BCNext, I have no problem with that. I think he does what he can to bring Nxt to the next level. Why throwing dirt here? Don’t understand this.

Because there is no P2P Exchange and when April comes he will simply decide to disappear (may be with a million in cash) instead of admitting that he has lied all the time. This will blow the whole system up.

If we now gather and compel him to collaborate, Nxt does have a chance as it is a fine system

good luck with your fork, but without CfB think you are screwed.
Never met a more honest and humble developer in the whole crypto community like CfB.
Just because you don’t like the price now, others are glad they can buy in.
Pin

no ideas of fork, mate. Have you met CfB in person? I do not deny that he is very dilligent and all. But let's see what he has to say first
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:32:04 PM

Roll Eyes
cremstopper

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:32:56 PM

I would be surprised if this is true. The NXT team is very active and helpful. Seems like a lot of time and energy to fake a project.

NEM
stamen123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:36:25 PM

I would be surprised if this is true. The NXT team is very active and helpful. Seems like a lot of time and energy to fake a project.

this team is working a lot because they have been paid good Nxt! And this is our chance - to dispell the misteries about the project, what is real and what not, and take it from there.

I am sure CfB never imagined such a success and he is now also searching for ways to come out of the mess. But before he writes some other bs like yesterday, I would like to give him the opportunity to say "I am sorry, but let's do this now!"

pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:52:40 PM

Are you BLIND?

Look at this path:

Code:
/webapps/root/WEB-INF/web.xml

Doesn't it sounds familiar? Please, check your NXT client folders, it matches on 100%! And this is written for the Qubic project a year before NXT launch!

I would also like to her CfB comment on this!

Cryptostats.es
nxtru

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:53:51 PM

Because there is no P2P Exchange and when April comes he will simply decide to disappear (may be with a million in cash) instead of admitting that he has lied all the time. This will blow the whole system up.

Where do you see the lie from CfB?
stamen123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:56:13 PM

Where do you see the lie from CfB?

that he has an idea to implement a true P2P exchange as a first.
And Wall street project as a second.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:00:54 PM

I am CFB and BCnext. This is my new account  Undecided

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:03:49 PM

NXT builds on the immense popularity of bitcoin but is completely different from bitcoin. It is a spectre in a BTC coat waiting to eat those who step too far.
There is no incentive for purchasing a 100% premined coin other than hype.

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:06:35 PM

There seems to be an issue where BCnext abruptly stopped the IPO and released them to the market at a much higher price. CFB claims he is as much in dark about it (CFB and some investor td... has been fighting all over the forums about this). If it turns out that they indeed are they same person then that potentially makes him very dodgy to say the least.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:30:07 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 02:45:08 PM by Chang Hum

Cool story bro!

Did you write this part of your argument joking or are you really this dumb? (hint I'll ask you this same question about 13 minutes in the future lol)

(Quote)

The first posting of "Nxt's founder", known as BCNext, is on September 28, 2013 at 07:29:09 AM (UTC+2) where he announces the Nxt idea.

Only SIX minutes later, he posts the following:
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:32:32 PM

panic sell soon
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:34:21 PM

How about panic BUY!  Grin Grin

There seems to be an issue where BCnext abruptly stopped the IPO and released them to the market at a much higher price. CFB claims he is as much in dark about it (CFB and some investor td... has been fighting all over the forums about this). If it turns out that they indeed are they same person then that potentially makes him very dodgy to say the least.

True story.

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:38:02 PM

Are you BLIND?

Look at this path:

Code:
/webapps/root/WEB-INF/web.xml

Doesn't it sounds familiar? Please, check your NXT client folders, it matches on 100%! And this is written for the Qubic project a year before NXT launch!

I would also like to her CfB comment on this!

did you know that the first versions where run differently: see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320718.msg3433643#msg3433643

did you know that Come-from-Beyond rewrote parts afterwards and used jetty (maybe because he's familiar with it, maybe he even copied web.xml)

maybe if I'm in the mood, I will continue to dismantle some of your arguments
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:38:30 PM

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:43:02 PM

Did you write this part of your argument joking or are you really this dumb? (hint I've already asked you this same question about 13 minutes ago lol)

(Quote)

Only SIX minutes later, he posts the following:

(Quote)

I must say it's pretty spooky a java coder got involved with a java project though  Grin <sarcastic mocking smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: