Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVE YOU HAD COINS STOLEN ON CRYPTSY?  (Read 4715 times)
letunovskeye

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:17:16 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 12:30:54 AM by letunovskeye

In case you don't have a smartphone, 2FA can also be provided with Yubikey which is a usb key that issues one time password when you press it.  I don't know if crypsty offers that security option though, would be interested in hearing feedback form those who use that exchange.

Also to the OP, I get your frustration but I think you should move on ,threatening to sue for $30 is ridiculous, as is spending $3000 to drag their name through the mud..  Also typing in ALL CAPS A LOT LIKE THIS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING so if you want to be taken seriously, you'll cut that out.  Finally while it would be nice for an exchange to have all the procedures in place to catch unauthorized account access in real time, the reality is that according to their terms of use or whatever the agreement is called, it's up to an account holder to ensure confidentiality of their login credentials.   Assuming you used Windows, I would suggest reinstalling your operating system to clear it of any suspected malware and use a safer browser like Chrome or Firefox, plus various security software , otherwise Linux, though the latter has a bit of a learning curve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:02:26 AM

In case you don't have a smartphone, 2FA can also be provided with Yubikey which is a usb key that issues one time password when you press it.  I don't know if crypsty offers that security option though, would be interested in hearing feedback form those who use that exchange.

Also to the OP, I get your frustration but I think you should move on ,threatening to sue for $30 is ridiculous, as is spending $3000 to drag their name through the mud..  Also typing in ALL CAPS A LOT LIKE THIS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING so if you want to be taken seriously, you'll cut that out.  Finally while it would be nice for an exchange to have all the procedures in place to catch unauthorized account access in real time, the reality is that according to their terms of use or whatever the agreement is called, it's up to an account holder to ensure confidentiality of their login credentials.   Assuming you used Windows, I would suggest reinstalling your operating system to clear it of any suspected malware and use a safer browser like Chrome or Firefox, plus various security software , otherwise Linux, though the latter has a bit of a learning curve.

Can't you do 2fa via the web as well? Or is it limited to smartphones + yubikeys?
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:11:57 PM

Can't you do 2fa via the web as well?

I haven't heard of anything like that....

hangman

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

Hey guys get your free PotCoin's, early adopters will make loads of $$:Start mining these baby'sUPDATE! I will be closing down on some of the giveaways tonight! Pot has become scarce... Wallets get empty ;pThere will be a new giveaway - details to follow later...Now: GRAB what you can!! It will help replace what you losted
Coin come super fast and will cheer you UP." Smiley

Give these a go too look great..
Cryptonium Coin, Scrypt based, 66 millions in total will be.

BTC Most Welcome 17ZKVyJkJBYXC1LoywdENSo6XRaHSghKn2
Sonny

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:12:03 PM

Hey guys get your free PotCoin's, early adopters will make loads of $$:Start mining these baby'sUPDATE! I will be closing down on some of the giveaways tonight! Pot has become scarce... Wallets get empty ;pThere will be a new giveaway - details to follow later...Now: GRAB what you can!! It will help replace what you losted
Coin come super fast and will cheer you UP." Smiley

Give these a go too look great..
Cryptonium Coin, Scrypt based, 66 millions in total will be.

This is not the right place to advertise your altcoin or your giveaway.
Mrgoldlake

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:04:51 PM

Not for the moment. But i have heard things like that from another people, so be careful with ur coins in cryptsy, and in another places.
Maybe can be just an error, or can be really stolen...
hangman

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

Sorry Guys
Didn't mean to spam advisement!
I don't a cryptocoin my self or even mine lm just excited to be able to get free coins..
Were would be the place to let people no were I'm getting free coins???  Smiley" Just trying to do my bit to help"
Well back to the topic
I have only heard of one person that had trouble!! And they had loads if different coins " they noticed some coins missing"
But that was when there was loads of lag...And double spending was going on!!
Yeah l still haven't done my 2 attention for them yet so will be fixing that some time soon... Undecided
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:33:07 AM

Not for the moment. But i have heard things like that from another people, so be careful with ur coins in cryptsy, and in another places.
Maybe can be just an error, or can be really stolen...

Be careful with your coins everywhere:

1) If you have to use Windows, do everything you can to make sure the machine isn't infected
2) Never open a Java app in a website (much malware installed this way)
3) Don't keep all your coins online - keep the minimum online - the rest in wallet
4) Enable 2FA on any website you keep coins at
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:42:12 AM

Can't you do 2fa via the web as well? Or is it limited to smartphones + yubikeys?

You don't need a smartphone for 2FA. You just need the phone when you want to gain access. A dumb mobile does the job fine. And sometimes even a landline.

DakotaEllington

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:37:58 PM

Something similar happened to me too. Someone got into my email and did a password reset request on Cryptsy. They were then able to log into my account, sell my alt-coins, and withdraw almost ALL my coins (the only coins they saved were the ones where its exchange pair was no longer active)!  
And after communicating with Cryptsy, I found that all this happened from a never-before-seen IP and was withdrawn to never-before-seen BTC and LTC addresses. I lost over $20k worth of coins total.

Why can’t Cryptsy just freeze withdraws after a password reset is requested (especially if the reset comes from a different IP)?
BTC-e.com does it all the time. They put a withdraw hold for 48 hours every time your password is changed, no exceptions. And the 48 hr. gives people enough time, so even if they’re on the road or traveling, they still have enough time to get to a computer and check their account before any damage can be done.

I understand the argument that, “well, it’s my fault for putting money on the exchange. You shouldn’t send money if you can’t afford to lose it”. But if that’s the case, then the solution is to stop putting money on Cryptsy. Just think, if everyone did that, then there would be no trade volume and therefore nothing to support Cryptsy.  

I started trading on Cryptsy the first day they opened, and I even own some of their stock, so I want to see them thrive. But I don’t see that happening if they can’t reasonably keep their customer’s coins safe.
If people can’t put their coins on there to trade, then people will eventually take their coins off of Cryptsy (just like they’re doing with Mtgox) and Cryptsy will be no more.

I’ll be making a video about this issue (when I get over my embarrassment of the whole thing). But until then, there’s my story.
marjaana771

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:02:08 PM

Cryptsy lost my coins once! But i emailed them about it and they gave my coins back in few days.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:49:48 AM

Cryptsy lost my coins once! But i emailed them about it and they gave my coins back in few days.

Where did they lose them?
bitbitz

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

Never but I still dont fully trust the site.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

I tried to use cryptsy first time yesterday but got a 502 error the two times I tried to log in. I do now know they use nginx server though Wink
AKAnotOutkast (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:44:25 PM

USE BTER.com I have found peace in my internet trading by using bter. it is a professional site. NOT ONE PROBLEM IN ABOUT 20 TRANSACTIONS so far.

Everytime i used crypsty I had a problem. EVERYTIME i made a deposit or withdraw i had to contact support on crypsty. I have been using bter now for a month and NOT ONE TIME have i had to contact support. and all my transactions go though in like 2-10 min.
Sonny

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:38:48 AM

How did you lost your coin? The site didn't credit your account after deposits?
qube26

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:41:43 PM

I lost TWICE on this site ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482386.0 ).

I don't think that my computer has effected as i use 2 FA with my Cryptsy and E-mail ( Gmail )account ( both have different passwords).

First lost BTC balance during transfer. They replied that it sould be due to efecfected computer issue and closed the ticket.

Second; Today happened. I canceled my opened order from selling, i saw that my balance returned and then disappeared.
Nothing any info on Tranfer or any other history. Just disappeared without any track. And as i wrote on my Opened message above link, i really much care about security issue.

marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:02:05 AM

I never had any trouble with this exchange.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
pingler

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:00:41 AM

I think cryptsy still reliable compare to other trading site.  Smiley
AKAnotOutkast (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:41:40 AM

To say that crypsty is reliable after all the issues they have had, means either you are paul. Or you have some kind of relationship with crypsty. there is 1000's of horror stories about crypsty. look anywhere on the net for one good thing that is said about cryptsy - you will find 100's of stories of loss, thief, heart ache and just plain lack of customer service. the day that crypsty joins mtgox in the pits of hell will be a great day of rejoicing for all of mankind. May you and crypsty rot in hell.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: