Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 [4623] 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722512 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:11:14 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 12:21:34 PM by Sub-Ether

Smooth likes to come here and post his theory that the only reason for Dash’s high market cap (given it’s “broken” tech) is that it’s a manipulated market by ‘insiders’ holding large amounts of coins. (It isn’t - the reason is that Dash has the right business model and XMR has a doomed one that was never thought through because they became too obsessed with ‘cryptography’. But thats for another post).

In fact I’ve never seen any evidence of this and he has never posted any.

I heard Poloniex owns hundreds of thousands of XMR because they have set up the deposits so that they can't tell who deposited what and users can't prove they made the deposit unless the user knew to send a special ID to go with the transaction. So now they have a high percentage of the XMR float that no one else can claim, and they have the monopoly on the market. There aren't many who would benefit more from the price of XMR going up than Poloniex, perhaps not even one.

You can detect the ‘footrpints’ of a pump and dump operation by doing some volume analysis on the respective big price moves.

I learned this from watching paycoin for weeks - not because I was invested, just because it was quite fascinating to see it in action.

In particular, the OBC (On Balance Volume) has very squarish patterns in it, while the price signal has lots of “reflections” - a big move up, a horizontal section and an equivalent move down.

Here’s what’s been going on over at Poloniex lately…

From that you can’t tell if it’s “deliberate manipulation”. You can only tell that large holders are moving the market and small ones aren’t. You can get clue to motivations, however, by measuring the cost of the pump against the revenue from the dump.

In the following move (this is a longer range chart - 4 hour), the market was ‘coaxed up’ in a move that barely reflected in the volume profile. What this does however is attract large amounts of liquidity into the bid stack of the order book which doesn't manifest itself in the 'upside' volume statistics. What the pumpers then do is wait for sufficient liquidity to appear to absorb their ‘dump’ before selling into it. This then does reflect in the OBC and gives them a huge gain in BTC, even though the price signal would  appear that it was a zero sum game.

Another superb market analysis.
Btw I just tried to update the Monero wallet to try yet again to obtain an accurate Tao ratio for update speeds and the wallet that was fully updated and synched only on friday night is now 86 days behind to catch up! At least if you flog a dead horse, it would still get there in the end bit by bit, after all it has the handy added advantage of always going forward in the time Wink

Happy Easter everyone, please do make sure you eat enough chocolate to get as bloated as a Monero blockchain
and as full as main RAM usage Grin Grin Grin

The worlds largest Easter Egg in Argentina  Cool

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:53:35 PM

Smooth likes to come here and post his theory that the only reason for Dash’s high market cap (given it’s “broken” tech) is that it’s a manipulated market by ‘insiders’ holding large amounts of coins. (It isn’t - the reason is that Dash has the right business model and XMR has a doomed one that was never thought through because they became too obsessed with ‘cryptography’. But thats for another post).

I heard Poloniex owns hundreds of thousands of XMR because they have set up the deposits so that they can't tell who deposited what and users can't prove they made the deposit unless the user knew to send a special ID to go with the transaction. So now they have a high percentage of the XMR float that no one else can claim, and they have the monopoly on the market. There aren't many who would benefit more from the price of XMR going up than Poloniex, perhaps not even one.

You can detect the ‘footrpints’ of a pump and dump operation by doing some volume analysis on the respective big price moves.

I learned this from watching paycoin for weeks - not because I was invested, just because it was quite fascinating to see it in action.

In particular, the OBC (On Balance Volume) has very squarish patterns in it, while the price signal has lots of “reflections” - a big move up, a horizontal section and an equivalent move down.

From that you can’t tell if it’s “deliberate manipulation”. You can only tell that large holders are moving the market and small ones aren’t. You can get clue to motivations, however, by measuring the cost of the pump against the revenue from the dump.

In the following move (this is a longer range chart - 4 hour), the market was ‘coaxed up’ in a move that barely reflected in the volume profile. What this does however is attract large amounts of liquidity into the bid stack of the order book which doesn't manifest itself in the 'upside' volume statistics. What the pumpers then do is wait for sufficient liquidity to appear to absorb their ‘dump’ before selling into it. This then does reflect in the OBC and gives them a huge gain in BTC, even though the price signal would  appear that it was a zero sum game.

Another superb market analysis.
Btw I just tried to update the Monero wallet to try yet again to obtain an accurate Tao ratio for update speeds and the wallet that was fully updated and synched only on friday night is now 86 days behind to catch up! At least if you flog a dead horse, it would still get there in the end bit by bit, after all it has the handy added advantage of always going forward in the time Wink

Happy Easter everyone, please do make sure you eat enough chocolate to get as bloated as a Monero blockchain
and as full as main RAM usage Grin Grin Grin

The worlds largest Easter Egg in Argentina  Cool

toknormal : interesting analysis to read as always .. thanks
Sub-Ether : Happy Easter to you too, i just hope they get that dude out of that egg before they complete it .. or replace him with some hot girl  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 12:53:53 PM

this has never been a moderated thread since the start more than a year ago. We survived countless troll attacks in here, no need to moderate it .. just use the ignore button.

When I see newbies on our subreddit asking with genuine interest in the project whether they should buy some DASH or better stay away from it because they "heard it's a premine scam" the Ignore button doesn't help shit. Where do you think they "heard" that bullshit?

i exspect even newbies to do their due diligence and do some research for themselves and not simply believe what some anonymous person typed on some internetforum. Any newbie that starts with those kind of questions makes me doubt they did any research at all and makes me even question their real motives.

Suspecting hidden agendas hinders widespread adoption just like an elitist attitude towards newcomers does.

BCTalk gives us the chance to deliver the actual facts about DASH through this thread to the public and we have the right to do so without trolls plastering their idiocy in here for hundreds of pages unintervened. I'm not even calling for something outrageous here, it's the most basic and universal forum rule: It's called off-topic posting and results in deletion and a ban of repeated offenders. I call again for heavy moderation due to excessive thread digression. The unmoderated past of this thread is no argument: Things have changed. A lot.

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 12:57:01 PM

i just checked some random masternodes on dashnodes.com and i dont get this

Current rank 0 ?

Current vote ABSTAIN ?

is this MN active? Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:02:13 PM

'Tokyo, We Have a Problem.' Bitcoin's Fatal Flaw?
http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/36213/Tokyo-We-Have-a-Problem-Bitcoins-Fatal-Flaw/

"In fact, it's only if and when Tony Soprano publicly renounces his claim to the underlying bitcoin collateral he is owed that the bitcoins stand a chance of being treated as unencumbered. Until then, a hot potato claim risk exists for every future acquirer of Soprano's bitcoin. Indeed, given the high volume of fraud and default in the bitcoin network, chances are most bitcoins have competing claims over them by now. Put another way, there are probably more people with legitimate claims over bitcoins than there are bitcoins. And if they can prove the trail, they can make a legal case for reclamation."

Is it fair to say that Dash (and XMR for that matter) have the same problem from a legal point of view, but made it impossible for Mr Soprano to prove his point?
But this only changes the practical aspect, not the (theoretical) legal one, does it?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:04:58 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 01:24:53 PM by qwizzie

i just checked some random masternodes on dashnodes.com and i dont get this

Current rank 0 ?

Current vote ABSTAIN ?

is this MN active? Smiley

Every MN has ABSTAIN right now i think (you can check by typing masternode list votes in debug console), it simply means that the
MN has not been used to vote with yet (or it would say yay or nay)

I tried to vote when it was implemented but it still showed ABSTAIN after i voted so either i voted incorrectly or the
voting mechanisme needs to be verified.

Current rank 0 : is a bit weird, mine has a bit higher rank .. not sure what to think of it

PoSe : 0 is okay, means that its operating without faults

So i would say this MN is active and doesnt have any problems.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:06:31 PM

this has never been a moderated thread since the start more than a year ago. We survived countless troll attacks in here, no need to moderate it .. just use the ignore button.

When I see newbies on our subreddit asking with genuine interest in the project whether they should buy some DASH or better stay away from it because they "heard it's a premine scam" the Ignore button doesn't help shit. Where do you think they "heard" that bullshit?

i exspect even newbies to do their due diligence and do some research for themselves and not simply believe what some anonymous person typed on some internetforum. Any newbie that starts with those kind of questions makes me doubt they did any research at all and makes me even question their real motives.

Suspecting hidden agendas hinders widespread adoption just like an elitist attitude towards newcomers does.

BCTalk gives us the chance to deliver the actual facts about DASH through this thread to the public and we have the right to do so without trolls plastering their idiocy in here for hundreds of pages unintervened. I'm not even calling for something outrageous here, it's the most basic and universal forum rule: It's called off-topic posting and results in deletion and a ban of repeated offenders. I call again for heavy moderation due to excessive thread digression. The unmoderated past of this thread is no argument: Things have changed. A lot.

Yes! We MUST moderate heavily so that new people aren't aware of the 575,000 coins instamined by the dev team in the 1st hour.. all while announcing "no premine"

Such integrity!

Oops.  Roll Eyes
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:12:15 PM

I have a Qt wallet question, can I do -reindex -resync in the debug window, (tryed without luck)
Pulled up "help" and it did not list those commands there, are they only for MN ?

just asking becourse my wallet gets stuck sometimes when I have not opened it in days and the only solution I have found that worked is restarting it a few times.

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:20:10 PM

I have a Qt wallet question, can I do -reindex -resync in the debug window, (tryed without luck)
Pulled up "help" and it did not list those commands there, are they only for MN ?

just asking becourse my wallet gets stuck sometimes when I have not opened it in days and the only solution I have found that worked is restarting it a few times.

no, its a commandline option for the qt wallet so you need to add it in the shortcut at target
or type it behind the dash-qt.exe if you start it through the command prompt --> dash-qt.exe -reindex
Just like -datadir and -wallet=xxxx

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:21:21 PM

I don`t have these problems at all but you can put some nodes into your dash.conf file....simply put the IP of the masternoeds there.... or from your debug console: addnode IP add

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:28:28 PM

alrriiiggt, knew I could count on you guys .. Thanks Cheesy

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:32:36 PM

Now that's some great analisys!
Thank you  Smiley

Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:44:46 PM

I know we've had an upgrade and enforcement has been off but I have not had an MN payment since the 26th of March.   Everything is green at the ninja's site.   Am I alone with this....?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:57:52 PM

I know we've had an upgrade and enforcement has been off but I have not had an MN payment since the 26th of March.   Everything is green at the ninja's site.   Am I alone with this....?
No you`re not, there is something not working 100% like it did in the 11.1.25 version....

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:01:46 PM

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:10:50 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 02:23:34 PM by arielbit

i mined darkcoin March last year, i was a newbie at darkcoin. i stopped because of the instamine and cutting off block reward. it was a scam to my eyes and never looked back until evan touched the coin i'm mining (DSH) with his filthy scammy hands.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:16:32 PM

Trying to convince me of something...

And not succeeding  Wink
kludzins

Activity: 274
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:18:09 PM

Price is moving!  Cheesy
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:18:54 PM

Awesome easter trading week, dash & crave looking gd Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:23:20 PM

No you`re not, there is something not working 100% like it did in the 11.1.25 version....

Enforcement + Masternode payments are working properly. The problem the reference node takes about 4 days to get through the full list of payments and if you restart it, it won't remember where it left off. It was restarted last Wednesday, then again Saturday (when the blockchain stuck). We would be on our 2nd cycle if it wasn't for the blockchain hanging on Saturday. The next version is going to keep persistant record of who was paid, then continue on, so we won't have this problem in the future.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Pages: « 1 ... 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 [4623] 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: