Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoinTorrentz.com - Torrent Download Service  (Read 57150 times)
mjcmurfy (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 05:21:17 PM

Just a quick post to let you guys know that the btc client crashed earlier on today. If you tried to send payment but could not this is why. It has been restarted, and everything is working fine again.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VillageChump

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:48:02 PM

Just a quick post to let you guys know that the btc client crashed earlier on today. If you tried to send payment but could not this is why. It has been restarted, and everything is working fine again.

Confirmed no problems sending today. Also - can I pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee get FTP access?   Cheesy

PM'ed you.
VillageChump

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 11:01:20 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 11:15:59 PM by VillageChump

FTP access? Hello?

EDIT: Am able to work around current problem (directory linking doesn't work with jDownloader), so I have to use the chrome extension "Link2Clip".
With FTP access I can just grab all of the files at once.   Smiley
(Or I can just use wget)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:53:48 AM

FTP access? Hello?

EDIT: Am able to work around current problem (directory linking doesn't work with jDownloader), so I have to use the chrome extension "Link2Clip".
With FTP access I can just grab all of the files at once.   Smiley
(Or I can just use wget)

yeah, why not just use wget or curl? that's what I do.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:20:15 AM

yeah, why not just use wget or curl? that's what I do.

`wget` & `mplayer -idx` is useful if you want to stream while downloading and `aria2c` for fast multi-threaded downloads (useful if your ISP limits per connection).
mjcmurfy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 12:12:15 PM

Confirmed no problems sending today. Also - can I pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee get FTP access?   Cheesy

PM'ed you.

Hi VillageChump. Currently, I can only offer temporary ftp access on a per-download basis. Because the site does not track which user downloads which file, it's not possible to pool all of your downloads in a single directory accessible by a single ftp account. There are other ways to download all the files from the directory though. As has already been recommended, wget or curl are ideal, and there are a swathe of download managers that will allow you to download entire directories too. To be honest, I think I will get rid of the 'ftp on request' segment on the FAQ because it has turned out to be more hassle than it is worth I think. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
VillageChump

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:32:19 PM

Confirmed no problems sending today. Also - can I pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee get FTP access?   Cheesy

PM'ed you.

Hi VillageChump. Currently, I can only offer temporary ftp access on a per-download basis. Because the site does not track which user downloads which file, it's not possible to pool all of your downloads in a single directory accessible by a single ftp account. There are other ways to download all the files from the directory though. As has already been recommended, wget or curl are ideal, and there are a swathe of download managers that will allow you to download entire directories too. To be honest, I think I will get rid of the 'ftp on request' segment on the FAQ because it has turned out to be more hassle than it is worth I think. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Yes it would be best to remove FTP from the FAQ to prevent repeats from people like me. Thanks - also I've noticed great speed improvements over the past few days.

Grin
mjcmurfy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 12:10:48 PM

Some of you might have noticed some weird problems with the site over the past 2 days. Due to the large volume of downloads, the sever had reached it's hdd capacity. I had to delete some of the older files (i.e >2 days old) in order to make room for new torrents. Apologies if anyone has been inconvenienced.

gregwtmtno

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:25:04 PM

Glad to hear you're doing good business at least.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 10:17:43 PM

Some of you might have noticed some weird problems with the site over the past 2 days. Due to the large volume of downloads, the sever had reached it's hdd capacity. I had to delete some of the older files (i.e >2 days old) in order to make room for new torrents. Apologies if anyone has been inconvenienced.

Maybe an incentive, or at least the ability, for the user to delete the file after successful download?

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:31:00 PM

Maybe an incentive, or at least the ability, for the user to delete the file after successful download?

+1
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 01:12:54 PM

site seems to be stuck.
after clicking "OK" in the download section, the little window should open, but all i see is the grey circle with the "X" which is usually the upper right corner of the site.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:17:25 PM

site seems to be stuck.
after clicking "OK" in the download section, the little window should open, but all i see is the grey circle with the "X" which is usually the upper right corner of the site.

Me too. I think I broke it. Links to 4 torrents, first 2 went started OK, then the phantom box.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 10:52:42 AM

to whomever runs this site:

A) the payment / download process is stuck at the (i think) java-window with the grey "x" on the upper right corner.
B) please implement handling of MAGNET links.

thanks!
bin4ry

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 08:36:59 AM

A couple weeks ago I used your service for the first time. For some reason MtGox sent the payment 3 times to the Bitcoin address. I emailed support requesting a refund for the 2 transactions and I still haven't gotten a reply.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

A couple weeks ago I used your service for the first time. For some reason MtGox sent the payment 3 times to the Bitcoin address. I emailed support requesting a refund for the 2 transactions and I still haven't gotten a reply.

I think the right way to go would be to ask here if you can have the 2 erroneous payments back. As long as you have proof of the payments to bitcointorrentz and they have actually received it and you haven't spent it on downloads, I'd have good hope that mjcmurfy will be decent enough to hand the coins back to you.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 08:37:51 PM

I think the right way to go would be to ask here if you can have the 2 erroneous payments back. As long as you have proof of the payments to bitcointorrentz and they have actually received it and you haven't spent it on downloads, I'd have good hope that mjcmurfy will be decent enough to hand the coins back to you.

i think thats what he did, its just that murfyman is AWOL is what he is.
marks1976

Activity: 893

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 08:45:18 PM

Any word on dividends for the past month?  OP might need to hire help.  I see problems posted in the forum and payments getting later.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
mjcmurfy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 11:42:34 AM

Dividend details for this month are as follows:

Monthly Earnings: 28.53253 btc
Dividend/share: 0.02853253
Investor ROI (this month): 14.26%
Investor ROI (total): 52.53%
Monthly downloads: 542
Total bandwidth: 994.772 GB
New users this month: 95

Usage figures are looking even better than they did last month. The site really is starting to gain some solid usage footing.

Hi bin4ry, I did not receive any email inquiring about missing payments. I reply to all emails sent to the support address. Can you give me the links to the files you triple paid for swell as a bitcoin address and I will send the coins back.

@2weix: I have replied promptly to your PM's, so I don't know why you keep posting about me being AWOL. I do not need your leave to be absent from this forum, nor does the site require my 24/7 presence here to operate. I have already explained why I am not around as much as I used to be. BitCoinTalk.org has absolutely no affiliation with bitcointorrentz.com and I have zero obligation to you or anyone else to hang around this forum.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 06:55:35 PM

Any word on dividends for the past month?  OP might need to hire help.  I see problems posted in the forum and payments getting later.

Hire help? You must be kidding. That would eat up all the earnings.

True, the site has been having more problems lately than before, but it's still totally acceptable and as far as I can tell all user problems are taken care of swiftly.

@mjcmurfy: nice earnings! awesome to see the site pick up speed!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: