Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 11:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382863 times)
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

The green-eyed monster strikes again. Truth is; hording this coin will kill it fast.

Yep. Hoarding the coin just makes your coins worthless. I don't understand what part of this people don't get. If there aren't enough people holding the coin, then there won't be any transactions, any mining, any confirmations or any trading. DEAD.

STOP HOARDING.

Maybe, a sticky should be made on the forums about how coins work and increase in value and decrease in value as well (scenarios, etc) where people can read about it.

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand altcoin economics. I've had a personal hand in increasing some altcoins' value just by promoting it, so I know that individuals can make a difference, both positively and negatively.

I wish there was a way to give out coins proportional to the amount of honesty and effort certain members have, as those who will promote and share the coin deserve more. I will keep giving away the coin in the hopes it helps this coin, but there needs to be enough of us doing this to make a difference. The hoarders are the threat here.

Yes, I concur on this idea. Wish there was a way to keep track of such data. Would help tremendously in people learning about the economics of altcoins and actually develop the community of their choice of coins, instead of having 30,000 iterations of altcoins, most of them being pumped then dumped.

I'm going to put this into perspective. If you hold 5000 Premine, then you're holding 1% of all Premine coins. At most, there can only be 99 other people with as many coins as you. For an altcoin to be successful it has to be in the hands of thousands, if not tens of thousands of holders. There's nothing wrong with a few holders having a good stake if they were here from the start. That's just the way it goes. But enough people have to be giving away. Too many people holding that many coins, and the coin is already dead. Right now. Anyone sitting on coins is essentially sitting on nothing. It's only valuable if you give it away.

There needs to be more giving. Not just the initial holders, but also the ones who received coins, and also the ones they sent coins to.

You may send 100 to person X, and X may send 10 to person Y, and Y may only send 1 to person Z, but without that sort of model there won't be enough distribution.

Crazy idea here, but perhaps you should also be rewarding people for giving away. There should be a financial motive to giving away as well. Perhaps some sort of system that puts addresses that send coins to other high traffic wallet addresses the chance of winning more coins. A sort of network reward model for distribution.

So person X gives person Y some coins, and because person Y gives away lots of coins to lots of addresses, and so does X, both are eligible to win a small reward of Premine for their generosity and work.

Also my major concern is without the ability to force everyone to pay tx fees on transactions, i.e, make the current wallet unusable when the update is released, then the coin will die. There has to always be transaction fees, and no exception. No matter how small. Without transaction fees there are no miners, and with no miners there are no transations.

This is the most pressing and urgent concern for this coin and it must be addressed asap.

I'm liking what I'm reading here. If nothing else many of us are on the same page, and I couldn't overstate how good of a thing that is. We have a good community started, and that is a solid foundation. I'm in total agreement that we need a dice game, or a faucet. Either of them would be a good thing. A faucet is fantastic, but problematic in more ways than one. Dice is easy to manage, but in the long run the house wins. Either generate transactions, and spreads the coin out to more people. More users is a must, lots more. Currently our driving forces are two-fold. We have those with educational motivations, and those with speculative interests. Both have their place, and are necessary, but it goes so much deeper. 4/5 of the coins are out in the wild. When it is said "There needs to be more giving. Not just the initial holders, but also the ones who received coins, and also the ones they sent coins to. You may send 100 to person X, and X may send 10 to person Y, and Y may only send 1 to person Z, but without that sort of model there won't be enough distribution." That is correct.

Give them away. You must. I'm not saying to not make it worth your time, but if you are hoping to hoard thousands of coins and take a space ride with Richard Branson you might want to back up your wallet.dat and be prepared to hang on to it for awhile. A currency that isn't used isn't a currency: fact.

After rambling I'll say this - 50,000 PMC for a secure and proven faucet or long term distro. 10k for some games or other useful application. In terms of scale it's a lot. The sum will be reserved for both, the remainder will be passed out by me and the others. Let's see what happens...

pedemaann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:05:46 AM

1NXRsmYjUHAksLvJ2LjsBxFQoZKX3MjhCB

I love this idea.

greece pool http://greece.xpoolcoin.com ! 0.5 FEE
titanium pool http://titanium.xpoolcoin.com ! 0.5 FEE

Forum:http://forum.xpoolcoin.com
Twitter :https://twitter.com/xpoolcoin
Email :support@xpoolcoin.com
Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:06:39 AM

The green-eyed monster strikes again. Truth is; hording this coin will kill it fast.

Yep. Hoarding the coin just makes your coins worthless. I don't understand what part of this people don't get. If there aren't enough people holding the coin, then there won't be any transactions, any mining, any confirmations or any trading. DEAD.

STOP HOARDING.

Maybe, a sticky should be made on the forums about how coins work and increase in value and decrease in value as well (scenarios, etc) where people can read about it.

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand altcoin economics. I've had a personal hand in increasing some altcoins' value just by promoting it, so I know that individuals can make a difference, both positively and negatively.

I wish there was a way to give out coins proportional to the amount of honesty and effort certain members have, as those who will promote and share the coin deserve more. I will keep giving away the coin in the hopes it helps this coin, but there needs to be enough of us doing this to make a difference. The hoarders are the threat here.

Yes, I concur on this idea. Wish there was a way to keep track of such data. Would help tremendously in people learning about the economics of altcoins and actually develop the community of their choice of coins, instead of having 30,000 iterations of altcoins, most of them being pumped then dumped.

I'm going to put this into perspective. If you hold 5000 Premine, then you're holding 1% of all Premine coins. At most, there can only be 99 other people with as many coins as you. For an altcoin to be successful it has to be in the hands of thousands, if not tens of thousands of holders. There's nothing wrong with a few holders having a good stake if they were here from the start. That's just the way it goes. But enough people have to be giving away. Too many people holding that many coins, and the coin is already dead. Right now. Anyone sitting on coins is essentially sitting on nothing. It's only valuable if you give it away.

There needs to be more giving. Not just the initial holders, but also the ones who received coins, and also the ones they sent coins to.

You may send 100 to person X, and X may send 10 to person Y, and Y may only send 1 to person Z, but without that sort of model there won't be enough distribution.

Crazy idea here, but perhaps you should also be rewarding people for giving away. There should be a financial motive to giving away as well. Perhaps some sort of system that puts addresses that send coins to other high traffic wallet addresses the chance of winning more coins. A sort of network reward model for distribution.

So person X gives person Y some coins, and because person Y gives away lots of coins to lots of addresses, and so does X, both are eligible to win a small reward of Premine for their generosity and work.

Also my major concern is without the ability to force everyone to pay tx fees on transactions, i.e, make the current wallet unusable when the update is released, then the coin will die. There has to always be transaction fees, and no exception. No matter how small. Without transaction fees there are no miners, and with no miners there are no transations.

This is the most pressing and urgent concern for this coin and it must be addressed asap.

I'm liking what I'm reading here. If nothing else many of us are on the same page, and I couldn't overstate how good of a thing that is. We have a good community started, and that is a solid foundation. I'm in total agreement that we need a dice game, or a faucet. Either of them would be a good thing. A faucet is fantastic, but problematic in more ways than one. Dice is easy to manage, but in the long run the house wins. Either generate transactions, and spreads the coin out to more people. More users is a must, lots more. Currently our driving forces are two-fold. We have those with educational motivations, and those with speculative interests. Both have their place, and are necessary, but it goes so much deeper. 4/5 of the coins are out in the wild. When it is said "There needs to be more giving. Not just the initial holders, but also the ones who received coins, and also the ones they sent coins to. You may send 100 to person X, and X may send 10 to person Y, and Y may only send 1 to person Z, but without that sort of model there won't be enough distribution." That is correct.

Give them away. You must. I'm not saying to not make it worth your time, but if you are hoping to hoard thousands of coins and take a space ride with Richard Branson you might want to back up your wallet.dat and be prepared to hang on to it for awhile. A currency that isn't used isn't a currency: fact.

After rambling I'll say this - 50,000 PMC for a secure and proven faucet or long term distro. 10k for some games or other useful application. In terms of scale it's a lot. The sum will be reserved for both, the remainder will be passed out by me and the others. Let's see what happens...

To add on to this giving away policy, everyone should think of it this way, for every 2 PMC you get, send out 1 to a random person. This way the money keeps going around.
Musent

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:07:31 AM

STOP HOARDING.

Credit, I've been looking at making a faucet since this idea started from you. I'll continue my investigations.
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:08:23 AM

I love this idea.

You already have 4000 sitting in the account you posted earlier: 1uZ24CTBdEK1nFtqCraLbEGX2Pg5ar6CR

Try giving some away or it wont be worth a cent.
Musent

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:12:54 AM

I love this idea.

You already have 4000 sitting in the account you posted earlier: 1uZ24CTBdEK1nFtqCraLbEGX2Pg5ar6CR

Ouch, busted. Come on pedemaann, distro not hoard :/
davidcc6

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

I love this idea.

Damn... i send 10 PMC right now... to that address
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:13:35 AM

please send some to 13xsJVBjg7C5HdzkY19deYKXvJRYNxhNyV , post #650
Musent

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:15:21 AM

Please check author's posts before sending coins to their addresses.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:15:28 AM

STOP HOARDING.

50,000 is a hell of a lot.  Cheesy

That's 10% of all Premine. I have no idea what would happen if it did happen. Maybe it would get dumped and distributed that way. Maybe it would just vanish and never see the light of day. Who knows. We're in uncharted territory here.

I think the two most important things right now for the success of the coin are;

1: forced tx fees on all transactions over wallets holding more than a certain amount of Premine. I think 1 is a sensible lower limit

2: Bounties/investments into services and systems that distribute the currency. I had an idea for a Premine faucet which actually promoted distribution by acting like a sort of psuedo-exchange. It would be donation driven, allowing you to donate various kinds of Altcoins. The faucet would then buy that currency for Premine, or sell that currency for Premine.

Sort of an auto-exchange. The faucet would be the only buyer/seller, so it would completely control the amount of distribution, so you could tailor it by limiting the total amount it would sell when it had little premine to offer, as well as raise the prices in the altcoins in holds based on how little/how much Premine it held.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:16:29 AM

I love this idea.

Damn... i send 10 PMC right now... to that address

Sent 11 to you to cover your loss. Smiley
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:16:41 AM

Yeah, we already have some greedy hoarders holding over 1% of all Premine.  Roll Eyes

Honestly, this isn't going to work if you hoard it.

By the way; I also hold quite a bit, but a good chunk of it is for future services that I would like to see to help the coin develop. I'm pretty much giving away what people give me at this point as I have enough coins for myself. Whatever I'm given gets divided and sent to several others. I hope they will also do the same in turn.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
profitus

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:17:34 AM

Sent it to you anyway, just for trying lol. Who's lucky number 660!?

Member of the Coffeecoin Foundation
CFC Development Donation Fund - CFXhJekr9DXBqaVPRzmXBRQeGUevXg3umf
davidcc6

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:19:27 AM

I send you 20 PMC of my 100 reward for the 650 post  Wink
WhyS

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

Always loved premine!!

Or have I??  Roll Eyes

1MypicwESdFgrSYsqU4GQYdXT5u35YkjXs
pedemaann

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:24:39 AM

I'll give away 5  PMC for #post 700

davidcc6

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:26:02 AM

Sent it to you anyway, just for trying lol. Who's lucky number 660!?

lol,

I send 20 of my 100 PMC reward to the 651 post Tongue

and you send 100 more to 651 post Tongue one minute leter

Grin Grin Grin

651 post its the lucky one
Musent

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:28:12 AM

Oh wow, is distribution already over Huh

I was one of the first to post in this thread, but it seems i have missed the train. Y u do dis life  Shocked

In case somebody decides to share some PMC, here is my address:

19zRKHgzRGog2L1AkvqxRycvPP4DcRH2Md

Thanks.

No, not yet. There is still coins dev has.
pedemaann

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:28:29 AM

send !! Grin good luck

profitus

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:29:12 AM

I'll give away 5  PMC for #post 700

I'll add on to that, if I'm still awake. Until then, 100 to post 670!

Member of the Coffeecoin Foundation
CFC Development Donation Fund - CFXhJekr9DXBqaVPRzmXBRQeGUevXg3umf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: