Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:30:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and retirement - how do you see your future?  (Read 2109 times)
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:46:14 AM

People have discussed about such planning many times. It has come to my attention that most of us are trying to create the wealth out of the bitcoin and then have it as retirement gift for life that we will be left with.  Wink

Off course investing into some coins which can be good hit for the future like BTC, ETH, EOS etc who can really really help us make the retirement just exciting. I am just keeping 10-20% of my earning into the crypto which I believe will be sufficient enough in the future.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:11:32 AM

The bad thing for me is I do not have a stable job for me to spare some of my incomes like what is said, I will make 50 dollars in 5 working days for my current situation so it is merely impossible and that goes to my bills and everyday needs. I only kept my bounty tokens and wait for them to boom. Also I am mining ether daily so I guess I would pt my like to it until it goes to 10k USD-hope so coz that would really mean bigtime.
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:35:01 AM

It is even more idea if you invested in Bitcoin instead of anything,that $50 amonth of yours might be multiplied by ten at the time of the retirement meaning thats$500 a month and you are at the age of 35 now means after 20 years thats 240 months so when time comes that you wanna sit and relax being retired person you have $120,000 in your wallet and i guess thats enough money while waiting to permanently close your eyes

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:35:11 AM

It's a great idea until it isn't.

Everything looks amazing when the percentages are big and everyone is making money, but there's no substitute for careful planning and investment.

Sure, a $50 bet can be fun, and a $100 investment that doubles, then triples in a short space of time is even better but don't gamble too much.

Depends on your allotted capital if you can afford to invest $100 for fun and just a tiny percentage of your total income then it is fine it always depends on the type people that we are talking about, but hey that's great idea just like putting some tiny savings to your investment portfolio not just bitcoin but a diversified altcoins and tokens having the potential to make a decent income on the right time.
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

If crypto will be developing in future like now, making any investments nowadays could bring income which can be even equal 10 or 15 times more than we had invested in past for me.
bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:21:55 PM

I came across a very nice experiment of one of my compatriots. He started to put up around $ 50 a month for pension. I will add that pensions in my country are low.

Description of the experiment:

"What is going on?
One of my many areas of interest are cryptocurrencies. There is a good chance that you have heard about bitcoin. A smaller chance that you know litecoin or dogecoin. If you want to know the technical side or economic cryptocurrency - use google. For the needs of my retirement, it is enough to know that cryptocurrencies act as cash in a modern version. They have their value (they are listed on the stock exchanges, they have their course), they can be safely stored, they can be sent immediately to any distance, practically free of charge and - with a little effort - they are anonymous. And they are today at the initial stage of development. Everyone who touches them is still an early employer, and this means that - with a high probability - a long-term investment in cryptocurrencies will be very profitable. I chose 4 cryptocurrencies for my retirement basket and gave them percentages indicating their presence in the basket. When making my choice, I based my own - already several years - experience in the cryptocurrency industry, the capitalization value of a given cryptocurrency (market cap) and the features that distinguish it from other coins on the market. And so I chose:

How much do I put aside? I did not want to set any fixed amount. Because you know - inflation, fluctuations in financial markets, etc. ... So I decided that the value of a monthly investment will depend on the minimum wage in Poland. In 2017, it is an amount of $ 540. And every month I invest 10% of this amount, that is 50 $. "

He has currently invested $ 1,600, and the rate of return since early 2017 is 1,600% = $ 27k.
It's a great idea, right?

It's very good idea.People from various country ,use your strategy.If you had try this strategy,after a year you will have huge amount of bitcoin.Every month their may be some fluctuation ,use that dip to inverse part of your salary.You have to hold it atleast one year to get profit from it.
yuukireit

Activity: 157
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:37:18 PM

thats was very good
investing in money for riterment was good, getting a really nice early pension with having a big pot can making a suitable life to enjoy after all
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:41:48 PM

If crypto will be developing in future like now, making any investments nowadays could bring income which can be even equal 10 or 15 times more than we had invested in past for me.

Definitely and it will more likely happen given that there are more activities related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology every now and then. There are so many seminars and conferences and even the consensus that happened recently in which thousands of people have attended which would mean that cryptocurrency is here to stay. If I may suggest to OP, invest in cryptocurrencies that has proven its value over the years like bitcoin and ethereum because they are here to stay.

Some cryptocurrencies may be worthless after a few years but those coins will stay and if he plans to invest in a cryptocurrency other than those two then it would be better if the coin has a reputable company backing it up. One of the coins that I saw that has a real company is Cybermiles. Your idea is good in investing in cryptocurrency for retirement and I am planning to do this too.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Lalapan

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:22:43 PM

bitcoin established a good reputation in the cryptomarket and also many huge investors sees bitcoin as alternative form of investment so as long as bitcoin is there use that opportunity to invest and save. Also let us do not limit this topic to bitcoin it is better to say that crytocurrency.
right, bitcoin is only a small part of cryptocurrency, and there are many coins and other altcoins as bitcoin supporters. lucky we already know bitcoin at this time, so if our income smoothly then we will have new business later and it can be used for our old time
therefore we who have a small income do not be discouraged, although we can not invest in bitcoin. but we can still invest in altcoins that have enormous potential such as eth, neo, litecoin and others. in this way then our economic life will be better.
Thian778

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:38:52 PM

If that person can make more money out of its investment every months then there is no problem on the matter, since he is relaying on his pension for his daily needs he needs to make progress out of it...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:07:10 PM

Bitcoin as sole currency is the only way I can see it work.

Sure, there are certain interesting altcoins out there, but none of them managed to give me even one glimpse of being worth to hold for +5 years. Why would I put money in a coin that doesn't provide a fundamental purpose that is viable for at least +5 years? Ethereum is what a lot people consider to be a coin worthy of holding for the long term, but I see too much risk there.

Ethereum's main purpose right now is functioning as platform for ICO's, which governments are somewhat cracking down on, and it is also going through a massive hype phase. At some point the odds will stack against Ethereum, and when there is nothing else that it can rely on, the only logical result is that it implodes. Ethereum needs to find another value contributing utility use before the ICO hype fades.

People's main mistake is that they consider Bitcoin's price to be high and based on that think they should wait. People made the same mistake when it was $500, $1000, $2000, etc. As long as the massive potential is still there, which is definitely the case, then you can and actually should put some money into Bitcoin on a monthly basis. It doesn't matter whether it's $10 or $100 or $1000, just whatever you feel comfortable with.
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:21:44 PM

Scalability and decentralization. Basically, the thing that makes bitcoin bitcoin is what makes it weak. Decentralization is cool on paper, but every revolutionary project needs guidance and one genius man behind it (Steve Jobs anyone?) The second thing is scalability. In order for bitcoin to be mass adopted, it needs to become scalable AF. However, this are not failures that will bury bitcoin. I'm a true believer and I see a very bright future for btc.
You can consider bitcoin as your old savings as retirement after the end of the labor you will sell it and use it to live your old age if you do so will make you braver. when it comes to bitocoin
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:53:28 PM

Judging from the latest news, Bitcoin Cash (an improved copy of BTC) will prove to be a worthy competitor, which in the future may be more popular than Bitcoin.  Wink
Skieleton (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:15:42 PM

Judging from the latest news, Bitcoin Cash (an improved copy of BTC) will prove to be a worthy competitor, which in the future may be more popular than Bitcoin.  Wink
Where do you get such messages? BCH Does not even approach the BTC amount. As for me, for the present day, the second equity on the market is ETH ...

localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:00:07 PM

Bitcoin is an asset if u handle the profits and wait with patience we cant expect overnight riches once we make steady profits it is better to liquidate back to banks
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

I came across a very nice experiment of one of my compatriots. He started to put up around $ 50 a month for pension. I will add that pensions in my country are low.

Description of the experiment:

"What is going on?
One of my many areas of interest are cryptocurrencies. There is a good chance that you have heard about bitcoin. A smaller chance that you know litecoin or dogecoin. If you want to know the technical side or economic cryptocurrency - use google. For the needs of my retirement, it is enough to know that cryptocurrencies act as cash in a modern version. They have their value (they are listed on the stock exchanges, they have their course), they can be safely stored, they can be sent immediately to any distance, practically free of charge and - with a little effort - they are anonymous. And they are today at the initial stage of development. Everyone who touches them is still an early employer, and this means that - with a high probability - a long-term investment in cryptocurrencies will be very profitable. I chose 4 cryptocurrencies for my retirement basket and gave them percentages indicating their presence in the basket. When making my choice, I based my own - already several years - experience in the cryptocurrency industry, the capitalization value of a given cryptocurrency (market cap) and the features that distinguish it from other coins on the market. And so I chose:

How much do I put aside? I did not want to set any fixed amount. Because you know - inflation, fluctuations in financial markets, etc. ... So I decided that the value of a monthly investment will depend on the minimum wage in Poland. In 2017, it is an amount of $ 540. And every month I invest 10% of this amount, that is 50 $. "

He has currently invested $ 1,600, and the rate of return since early 2017 is 1,600% = $ 27k.
It's a great idea, right?

For cryptocurrency investment or bitcoin trading, retirement is not a problem because there are a lot of people today who are still interested on bitcoins and if most of the people will just continue to work on the market and in ico's then there is no doubt that you will still earn a huge amount of income for trading in the market while you are retired on your job.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:08:39 PM

It is a good retirement saving plan but I see slot of persons today just spending and lavishing all they earn from the cryptocurrency world. It really  doesn't matter the age you are,  setting aside some savings for the dry times and also for the future  is really the best thing to do;  will even help you to stay afloat when the markets are red too.
Skieleton (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:29:20 PM

It is a good retirement saving plan but I see slot of persons today just spending and lavishing all they earn from the cryptocurrency world. It really  doesn't matter the age you are,  setting aside some savings for the dry times and also for the future  is really the best thing to do;  will even help you to stay afloat when the markets are red too.
It is not easy to save in my country. BTC gives you a lot of cool options. Unfortunately, I do not save even in BTC so much I need it but I do not give up Smiley.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:48:23 PM

What can drop bitcoin from the pedestal? Most likely, either an innovation of the same level as himself, or a vulnerability that will deprive the bitcoin of reliability. Coins with several new minor parameters are not enough to undermine the positions of bitcoin.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:55:13 PM

bitcoin established a good reputation in the cryptomarket and also many huge investors sees bitcoin as alternative form of investment so as long as bitcoin is there use that opportunity to invest and save. Also let us do not limit this topic to bitcoin it is better to say that crytocurrency.
right, bitcoin is only a small part of cryptocurrency, and there are many coins and other altcoins as bitcoin supporters. lucky we already know bitcoin at this time, so if our income smoothly then we will have new business later and it can be used for our old time
Yes we have to discuss the whole cryptocurrencies when discussing the field for our future investment and as a business but we have to keep that thing in mind that bitcoin is not a small part of cryptocurrencies. It is right that among all the coins bitcoin is also a coin but still in this condition bitcoin is playing a vital role in the crypto market. If bitcoin will face any siiue then the whole market will face that issue and will dump down.

For the investment as retirement it is a good option as in the coming future the coin will be much valuable and will give a huge amount of the person which will be then much easier for that person to start any business with that money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: