Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and retirement - how do you see your future?  (Read 2113 times)
Aleth

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:11:27 PM

With the profit i make with bitcoin, it cause to build to retire. I see myself inveting in Bitcoins and other altcoins for i know it is the money in the future.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

Well I see myself as a retired software engineer. I will use my knowledge to incline it with bitcoin, so that i can invest, manage and especially help others with their struggles in bitcoin. As much as possible I'm aiming to help to become one of the developers and moderators of this forum, well if I am not able, I'll try myself to incline it with mining, so that my knowledge and skills will not go to waste.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:49:24 PM

If you're thinking of your retirement fund then you could definitely set aside a fixed percentage of your income and not necessarily a fixed value. I personally put aside 10% of mine as a retirement fund. But the most important thing is to know when to place it in crypto currency. You can put it in a local wallet then buy crypto currencies when the price is low enough.

Cryptocurrency is actually one of the alternative way have a retirement fund because in this way you can still have income by trading in the market after you retire on your job.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:18:23 PM

Having huge sums of growing cryptocurrency will be a nice retirement package indeed.Since this industry is still growing bigger by the day.It will be nice to have that huge digital wealth.The problem is if those coins do not continue to live their relevance or any misfortune happens then your pension will be very miserable since you cannot be assured of no volatility.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:43:35 PM

Yes I think it is a great idea to put up some of your money for investment and yes the returns are big because bitcoins price keeps on increasing yearly or at least I think it slowly increases year by year.
scoin9

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 04:05:54 PM

Bitcoin has a future, because cryprocurrency is the future and would be around for a very long time. The cryptocurrency ecosystem is very young and volatile right now so keeping it as a very long term store of value may not be up to me to advise u on that, due to the volatility of the market.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:55:12 PM

$50 or more per month saving for retirement in crypto currency is a awesome idea and I really admire with that. If a person invests like this until his retirement age, definitely he will save some more money than what he might have done traditionally like others. I think this is a good plan for retirement benefits and there should be at least 10% of their salary to be invested in crypto for retirement benefit.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
logan16j

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:01:37 PM

I came across a very nice experiment of one of my compatriots. He started to put up around $ 50 a month for pension. I will add that pensions in my country are low.

Description of the experiment:

"What is going on?
One of my many areas of interest are cryptocurrencies. There is a good chance that you have heard about bitcoin. A smaller chance that you know litecoin or dogecoin. If you want to know the technical side or economic cryptocurrency - use google. For the needs of my retirement, it is enough to know that cryptocurrencies act as cash in a modern version. They have their value (they are listed on the stock exchanges, they have their course), they can be safely stored, they can be sent immediately to any distance, practically free of charge and - with a little effort - they are anonymous. And they are today at the initial stage of development. Everyone who touches them is still an early employer, and this means that - with a high probability - a long-term investment in cryptocurrencies will be very profitable. I chose 4 cryptocurrencies for my retirement basket and gave them percentages indicating their presence in the basket. When making my choice, I based my own - already several years - experience in the cryptocurrency industry, the capitalization value of a given cryptocurrency (market cap) and the features that distinguish it from other coins on the market. And so I chose:

How much do I put aside? I did not want to set any fixed amount. Because you know - inflation, fluctuations in financial markets, etc. ... So I decided that the value of a monthly investment will depend on the minimum wage in Poland. In 2017, it is an amount of $ 540. And every month I invest 10% of this amount, that is 50 $. "

He has currently invested $ 1,600, and the rate of return since early 2017 is 1,600% = $ 27k.
It's a great idea, right?

I think we can not now see any future for bitcoin, just track the price, according to technical analysis, the bitcoin price could drop to the $ 4000 mark in the long run. At the moment, the price of bitcoin has fallen sharply and is now correcting at the $ 7800 level. The market is continuing to decline in the long run so I think the future of bitcoin is not good.
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:11:47 AM

Bitcoin is a great source of long term investing and we can choose it after our retirement my self 
Bought coins and store them on my Hardware wallets and it’s my retirement plan too. I believe it will risemore in future and return it with double profit.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:44:59 AM

I also think about this, because we are not always here, in the crypto world and this forum. whereas crypto and this forum do not give us a guarantee of pension. so the best step is the income earned now is to start a business that we can still run when we are old. I have also thought about that.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kellyrobinson86

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:51:43 AM

Yeah, I understand that we want to have a big return but the risk is too high and considering that it's for your retirement funds. What if it goes worst? How will you recover that money and considering that you are old enough to go for work and you need money to support your medical maintenance? Will you still take a risk? I will still invest but to the amount which I can afford to lose not the whole retirement plan.
cryptokia

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:59:17 AM

I am now 23 years old so I'm not thinking that bitcoin would be lasting until I will go to my retirement but also I can say that im already in similar obstacles because I don't work, only involving in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.
handsofgod

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:29:58 PM

that's interesting idea, but in my opinion crypto assets can't be considered as a long-term investment due to the volatile. Sad What about investing in ICOs for a yearly perioud? from 2017 to 2018 several project gave their participants x100 or even x1000. Wink I prefer right now Kelvin Blockchain project due to their ability to increase transaction speed. Smiley
Masongrae

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:09:09 PM

Good for him. The idea of future retirement plan is good. It may be working now, bit of he is not careful of the risk he’s taking and does not set aside well and just investing everything, if he will not balance his investment, it may end up in  not a good situation. Just be careful.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:16:55 PM

If everything will work according to plan, then i am one of those people who will have a very wonderful retirement from work. It's really nice to enjoy my monthly pension while im also enjoying the profits i will earn from bitcoin too because i am holding my bitcoin for long term since i started bitcoin investment.

brukva

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:46:02 PM

Many people save money for their pension, this practice has already been met.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:28:42 PM

Im not sure if bitcoin will still stay longer now. My future in bitcoin is ready to let go but i would not quit in cryptocurrency because theres so many coins that have the possibility to rise other that bitcoin. Maybe it is the end  of bitcoin but it is the beginning on crypto to grow more.

I don't think this is the end of bitcoin, for now bitcoin price is just falling not ending, i don't want to think that now is the end of bitcoin ,we just need to wait until bitcoin will recover again and we earn again our profit from it.
Yeah you right, this is not the end of bitcoin, you can see the current price are recover and you should know that bitcoin is still very superior, for now the effect of bitcoin is very big in crypto market, if bitcoin die of course crypto will most likely die too, so I do not think that bitcoin will die anytime soon

I agree with you. bitcoin and the other coin can give us a big money for retirement and we can retire without worried about finances. as long as we can follow the cryptocurrency journey and we are still trying to collect more and more profit, then in the future, we can have much money which means we can retire in anytime we want. I see that if I can still in the cryptocurrency, I can make a lot of money like other people so I see that I have a good future and this makes me wants to collect more money from crypto.

I agree with you and disagree at the same time, ethereumhunter!

Sure, you can develop a solid retirement strategy and saving money for your future for sure has plenty of benefits.

Cryptocurrencies as an investment can indeed give us money for retirement, unless the road is bumpy. And if it is (and it may be), your night have to spend your retirement on social security benefits only.

First of all, if you want to have an enjoyable old age, start earning and investing, planning, strategizing. And when you do that, diversify. That not only means buying different coins, but also saving money in different currencies (that is worse thinking of, even if you decide only to save small amounts.)

And if you can’t do that by yourself, hire a professional financial planner. He will also help you calculate the amount you would have to save for a comfortable life.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:47:00 PM

This is actually one of my biggest dreams. I'm retired only in my home as a hobby to deal with them. But, unfortunately, we have eliminated those opportunities one by one. And we can not get back either.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
Akenosi

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:40:04 PM

I believe in the future of bitcoin with my retirement around it having to hold my bitcoin for a long time I believe whatever I need to enjoy retirement bitcoin has it all with enough investment growing, even if it fall it will rise because no market prizes is ever stable but I trust the future in it am doing this because retirement in my country is not just reliable.
Utitinonire

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:20:31 AM

Crypto market has a huge potential of growing. And that people invested last year was very lucky because he involved the biggest bull run of bitcoin ever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: