Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2152 times)
Ianbadz2000

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:36:04 AM

Anywhere in the games, gambling there are manipulation how much money talk, like bitcoin there are organization  and big whales who are easily manipulate the value of cryptocurrency in the market so in the end they earn some this is what we called games of generals...
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mjaranzasu

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:02:22 PM

Anywhere in the games, gambling there are manipulation how much money talk, like bitcoin there are organization  and big whales who are easily manipulate the value of cryptocurrency in the market so in the end they earn some this is what we called games of generals...

You are right, I agree, in this kind of game whales are getting huge profit and small new investors are losing funds, this cycle will never stop and the manipulations will continue.
SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

although many people say there is a price manipulation I do not think there is a strong enough proof of what they assume. and in my opinion this is purely from market demand and if anything says about price manipulation maybe it's caused because there are some players who have big capital so they can buy bitcoin with a very large amount. so in my opinion this is purely out of market demand.
true, I think there is also no price manipulation, because the price rises usually due to the number of buyers on the market, and when it goes down a lot of people sell at a certain time like during big holidays. so obviously there is no price engineering in crypto. if any emang lot of rich people who teased price and can also a country that deliberately sell their assets to profit.
Cagus

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:51:48 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Maybe...? But for For now, this is yet another reason to expect cryptocurrencies to continue to drift lower.  They are losing support and more and more of the issues with them are being exposed - further slowing the rate of adoption. Even knowing that manipulation occurs, whether indictable or not, doesn't mean I can't get bullish cryptocurrencies again, but certainly not right now.  I would be more confident the market can weather these times of headlines if crypto had been able to rally after this year.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:14:14 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
It is possible mostly whales are doing this because after they sold their bitcoin at the peak price they going to make a scenario that can cause FUD and the outcome people will become panic then the whale will buy again at the low price, So if we know what to do in this kind of situations for sure we will become victorious at the end.
korkyqq

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 07:11:41 PM

This is very much possible. The stock market is always affected by price manipulations. Up until now I haven't heard of a potential manipulation with the Bitcoin, but if we are able to make an thorough analysis in the past 10 years there is a big possibility we'll find evidence of a suspicious activity. The fact, the bitcoin is traded on cryptic markets can raise the suspicion of price manipulation activities.
jessequick

Activity: 220

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:03:27 PM

Maybe, the existence of unlimited bitcoin rules, everyone is free for his actions against bitcoin, unlike a stock or commodity transaction. We just wait for the next action
saadat6868

Activity: 179

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:31:09 AM

Of course manipulations are possible and they are present here,  but anyway it doesn't make a difference while you are just trading or making money for yourself. It is on the level of idea.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:33:29 AM

Price manipulation can be happen. As far i know, its always happen in stocks market but in cryptomarket, i think i never heard it. But if i think price manipulation can be happen if some one using large amount capital and i think that can be done by financial instituation

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

of course its possible. finance is influenced by human psychology. The easiest way to influence people is to manipulate them. speculation is the biggest weapon to attract investors.
At the moment, some are buying from the cheapest level. they will make good speculation and raise prices later on. and they will sell what they buy cheaply on their hands at a high price.
Price manipulation is important at this stage because the market has taken too much time to recover and still it is on the same page so it needs change and for that change big investments are required.

After big investment the demand rate will improve and will increase to satisfy the expectations of users because these situations are not suitable for those who invested on value higher than the current value so they are in loss for which big investments is the solution to manipulate the market.
Btcmaeng18

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:25:44 PM

Maybe before there was a manipulation of prices, but now bitcoin or altcoin has a concrete foundation and security platform I think manipulation of prices will not occur.
forbesmining

Activity: 297

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:22:56 PM

Didn`t heard about Criminal manipulations but we all are familiar with whales manipulations, when the big rich guys would manipulate buy some levers the price in order to buy or sell to their benefit

reinielle26

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

Well, there is a big possibility for price manipulation. However, only those who has the power/capability can do so. Although there is increase and decrease of value, in my opinion it has both good impact. During its high value we can trade/sell and when it becomes lower we can invest/buy crypto.
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:57:54 PM

Yes I'm guessing there is a possibility of price manipulation especially on Bitcoin because of its price at the market, there are many holders around the globe and those who have the money and power are I think the ones that are capable of doing the manipulation. Other possible manipulators are the miners because as we all know if there are no miners on a specific coin that coin would easily die in couple of months.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:03:12 PM

price manipulation is common, and this is often done by those who have a lot of money and have data from bitcoin buyers by desperately placing lots of holder to sell their tokens and then buy as much bitcoin to reap huge profits when prices rise drastically
and this is a fact for old players in bitcoin

I agree to you sir since theres a lot of big whale in the market price manipulation is high possible thats why its so hard to know if the price can be pump up or dump, your lucky if you buy when big whale starting to pump up the altcoin and sorry if you buy when price starting to falling down.

Ochusol

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:35:34 PM

Bitcoin price manipulation is possible. But this can only be possible by the whales or those who hold a reasonable quantity of the coin. But I really do not know how such investigation is possible considering the fact that you are really not sure who the whales are. Moreover, there is no real proof or substantial evidence about this.
0xBitcoins

Activity: 115
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:58:52 AM

Recent bitcoin manipulation as well as crypto coins has always been the topic of many people's comments. If the national currency has a form of money laundering, bitcoins and crypto are widely seen as manipulating prices in non- France is taking advantage of bitcoin

If there is a Whale that wants to lower the bitcoin value, it will only release enough bitcoin in its ownership to the market once there is enough price to be affected and down. He will then sell and re-enter the market and buy more at a lower price and get ready to sell at a higher price resulting in more profits. Simply put is how price manipulation occurs.
Price manipulation can occur in bitcoin markets. This concept is done by the pope subtly.
It is good and appreciable to investigate such manipulation because it is not good for the future of bitcoin. The market cap will decrease due to non-investment. The demand will reduce and thus the price will never go up. It is very serious matter. Whales manipulate the market according to their wishes and this they are holding the whole market.
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:23:23 PM

The cryptocurrency is different from the stock market. The major shareholders need additional supervision and review, and the cryptocurrency cannot be supervised by the government because of its occultity and decentralization!
A small number of people holding a lot of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are easy to make a lot of buying and selling in the market, causing price fluctuations, manipulating the market of cryptocurrencies!
Chupacabras

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:43:22 PM

I'm thinking that some of big investors and holders can affect the price but this is not going on everyday and I think that the price is not under somebody's thin control system. None of the guys can not control the market in every step that it takes.
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:49:09 AM

it's common in the crypto market. the price increases and it happens suddenly. I was surprised to see the market conditions that experienced an increase and decline in prices.
Yeah it is possible and exists here in this market. Manipulation is very bad for the growth of bitcoin, because the price is according to the well of big investors, and this thing is big disaster for new and small investors. I am waiting for the time when price manipulation will be controlled and the market will be fair and according to the market cap and not according to manipulators.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: