Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:56:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2151 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:12:52 PM

Price manipulation is actually very possible especially in the world of cryptocurrencies because these so called whales can push and pull the prices in the market. Investors that have hodled a portion of the circulating coins in the market.
Yeah, it is even easier with the decentralized cryptocurrency market which makes it so easy for any whale to easily do away with it and go scot free. It is a good thing that this is being investigated and I really do hope it can be curbed one way or the other, so as to at least have a sane market.

I still believe regulation will bring many advantages but will be a hard thing since all the exchanges are not under one single regulation or government. That is trouble we all need to bear with decentralized environment whereas mass adoption will be possible regardless of various regulations among countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:15:49 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Yes price manipulation is possible. These are being executed by whales. they interfere with market behavior which may mislead the other investors. I believe this kind of events must be thoroughly investigated because this might ruin the integrity of Bitcoin and this is punishable by the law.

yes for me also it should be investigated by who? We are all anonymous here as of now so even the government agency would be hard for them to investigate it specially if the whales can play with the flow of the market.

It will be hard to track though wallets, but maybe its true that cryptocurrency are being used for drug laundering but there are a lot of people today that are being helped by cryptocurrency on their financial problems so government should not ban bitcoins because everyone will be affected.

arhipova

Activity: 125
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:52:47 PM

Manipulation is possible in crypto. But I think that it is least in case of bitcoins, most of the bitcoins is with early adopters only.
Btcepenbob

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:10:56 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

I think this could really happen. BTC could easily manipulated by those what we called WHALE. This is a group of people that their main goal is to controll prices by falling it down as a signal of deep then falling it up slowly. This is a very easy way if you have a larger share on btc.
cedrixperez

Activity: 149
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:36:48 PM

I think price manipulation is imposible, but we can analyze the market and have a possible prediction  for the price. Bitcoin is volatile and I think even an well-experienced traders cannot predict the price.
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:25:38 PM

The question is what exactly is considered manipulation. For example, if a politician or a big businessman speaks about crypto and the market reacts to it. Will this be considered the manipulation of the market?

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:43:51 PM

The same things go on in the stock market just on a smaller scale compared to crypto.  The fud, the fomo, etc it's just a mirror image to wall street.
reginalkri

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:20:08 PM

I remember two or three years ago a stock exchange trading company spending millions of dollars upgrading their computers just so that their bots could trade nanoseconds faster. That slight gain in speed was worth millions to them.
DanicaManunson

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:15:39 PM

Yes price manipulation is possible. These are being executed by whales. they interfere with market behavior which may mislead the other investors. I believe this kind of events must be thoroughly investigated because this might ruin the integrity of Bitcoin and this is punishable by the law.

yes for me also it should be investigated by who? We are all anonymous here as of now so even the government agency would be hard for them to investigate it specially if the whales can play with the flow of the market.

I think the price manipulations is caused by whales and other big fishes in the market, they always there in the market, the big dumpers and other fishes are also there, the price in the market is always been like that , it will not be easier to determine the price changing and fast moving projects  inside crypto.
verziagra

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:19:57 PM

That's common in cryptocurrency. only people who have a lot of money can manipulate the price. they can set the selling price and buy in each crypto market. like whales.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:16:06 AM

What I know about price manipulation is just like the normal pump and dump everyone knows. People who have larger volumes of bitcoins manipulate the price based on how they want it to be. So they sell more bitcoins when they want to drop the price and buy more when they want the price to increase. There may be something else described as price manipulation but with what I just said, it is very likely people can manipulate the price.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:14:27 AM

Yeah right, bitcoin manipulation can happen. It used to happen in Mtgox. It seems that now the manipulation of bitcoin is occurring, as a result US Begin to Investigate Bitcoin Price Manipulation Case, the US Department of Justice (US) opened a criminal investigation into the possibility of market participants manipulating the price of Bitcoin and other (cryptocurrency) currencies,

The investigation includes an examination of spoofing practices, in which an investor makes an order intended to manipulate the price of an instrument, and flood the market with fake orders.

It is normal, I think...all the markets in the world, even my food market near my home here are affected by this thing. There are some guys, who has the 80% of all potato in the area, they are manipulating the price, lol.
We are now in a stage of unfavorable conditions and all we need is to invest in this market for our benefit in order to collect coins in large quantity so that we may be able to get maximum benefit. The current market encourages people to invest as the Bitcoin is available on low rate and that is the reason why the market is recording more investments these days which is showing its improvement from yesterday.
reginalkri

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:49:20 AM

What I know about price manipulation is just like the normal pump and dump everyone knows. People who have larger volumes of bitcoins manipulate the price based on how they want it to be. So they sell more bitcoins when they want to drop the price and buy more when they want the price to increase. There may be something else described as price manipulation but with what I just said, it is very likely people can manipulate the price.

Don't forget also that on top of that, the really big players with various connections can also organize fud, or the opposite of fud to facilitate things.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:06:27 AM

Yeah right, bitcoin manipulation can happen. It used to happen in Mtgox. It seems that now the manipulation of bitcoin is occurring, as a result US Begin to Investigate Bitcoin Price Manipulation Case, the US Department of Justice (US) opened a criminal investigation into the possibility of market participants manipulating the price of Bitcoin and other (cryptocurrency) currencies,

The investigation includes an examination of spoofing practices, in which an investor makes an order intended to manipulate the price of an instrument, and flood the market with fake orders.

if there is someone who manipulates bitcoin, i wonder how will they incorporate the offender, since transaction made using bitcoin is anonymous, spoofing practice? in what way they can manipulate the price of bitcoin using purchases? if it is a fake orders, then it will not push through, who would waste a bitcoin trying to fake orders? well, i hope this will be smoothly done with success.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:24:17 AM

What makes me worried about this is that, bitcoin is not really legal that is why I don't think that even though there will be an investigation regarding the price manipulation, it won't easily be solved. Besides big whales have big power and I just hope that it won't use its influence to change the result of the legal investigation. It's hard if bitcoin will be manipulated because that might reduce the number of investors.

Crytos, stocks, etc, they are all manipulated, even though stocks are regulated. Bitcoin is not illegal, but lets say it is, it became legal, that won't cut down on manipulation.
I think manipulation happens because some users can do that? in the sense they have more power than other users? What is that ? has a very large fund so that its policy is very influential on the market. we often call it the whales. maybe they have thousands of bitcoins. so he could easily to manipulate crypto market
knggtrrz

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:26:27 AM

Manipulation was possible in 2013, when 90% of the trade volume was concentrated on Mt Gox and BTC-e. But now there are hundreds, if not thousands of exchanges and the trade volume is more evenly distributed. Now it is much harder to manipulate the prices.

But price is still manipulated until now, also I think that medias and other big personalities are getting paid off by making bad or good news about bitcoin. The manipulation will never stop and it will become more bigger and wider as more big investors are joining the cryptocurrencie world.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:29:10 AM

Manipulation is all over the place. I concur that value control on the cryptocurrency on the market even in this present reality market. These individuals do the control of the business sectors called whales with a great deal of bitcoin, influence, money. The legislature should utilize their power to adjust and rise to ideal to available for everybody. I have faith in our discussion we have manipulator of the value of a few coins.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:35:52 AM

Manipulation is all over the place. I concur that value control on the cryptocurrency on the market even in this present reality market. These individuals do the control of the business sectors called whales with a great deal of bitcoin, influence, money. The legislature should utilize their power to adjust and rise to ideal to available for everybody. I have faith in our discussion we have manipulator of the value of a few coins.
The fact that it is manipulated does not mean it still is not decentralized and all these things will change eventually as time goes on when the market gets to a stage where it is not just a speculative asset but also a currency that is being used for real life stuffs and the reason it was created in the first place. By then, we would have gotten to see mainstream adoption, huge market cap, and the idea of trying to manipulate a price will be the last thing any whale will want to do.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:36:28 AM

Think about this for a sec. What if you have a boat load of cash and you see that there is a huge supply of BTC in the market for a very low price. Then you buy alot of it. So since the supply got less, the price jacks up. Now you're thinking I'll make alot of money selling it so you did. That is what we call whales.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Magiklair

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:57:06 AM

The Bitcoin BTC / USD is trading at 6,703. The currency is traded above the upper boundary of the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Cloud, indicating an upward trend in Bitcoin. I think this means the increase in price
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: