Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc phone scams happening???  (Read 934 times)
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:52:25 PM

A lot of people scam with bitcoin even those who knows nothing about cryptocurrency prove to be bitcoin holders just to scam innocent people which I believe it's affecting the legality of bitcoin in most countries. My question is, is there no way to reduce or stop the crimes be committed in the name of using bitcoin as scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pinguineli

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:24:07 PM

I would just hang up the phone if someone calls me and talks about bitcoin. Embarrassed
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:32:58 PM

it's like someone doing a fraud by using an event like a lottery. then, telling with SMS that you are winner.

I've never experienced it, but the BTC fraud on the grounds of paying bitcoin taxes is the stupid act and unreasonable.

charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:38:40 PM

well I remember when all these ICOs were gathering cryptocurrency users information in the name of KYC I said that they are just accumulating information to sell and use for these kind of scam and also advertisement. now you can see what I mean! the most obvious one is the Email spam, social media spam and now this is the newest method with calling spam/scam.

if you are already in a database like that somewhere be sure that you are also a target.
This is strange. I supported the idea of ICOs using KYC sue to the increasing number of scam ICOs that were evolving. It is rather unfortunate that some ICOs take details of participants and leave them loosely for scammers to feed on genuine, unsuspecting investors. I hope people would be more careful in choosing ICOs. And I hope people get to realize that BTC transactions son't need the consent of any third party.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:54:48 PM

It is so alarming that scammers are using btc to scam others so we need to be careful in entertaining telephone calls specially those unknown and money related offers.

it is not verry alarming knowing that scammers these days are using bitcoin to scam people. They use bitcoin because bitcoin right now is a verry popular crypto that has been used by many people around the globe.

It is also not new to see bitcoin scams but scammers Nowadays are verry high tech and they are now taking their illegal activites to to the next level.

Thankfully i have not yet experiened something like this. the only thing that we can do for now is to be more cautious on what we do because scammers are everywhere.
Dangdingdongbray

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:55:06 AM

The fraudsters mode will encourage you to invest with them and they will take you to the words of their flower which once you invest it will be the number of returns to you and so on. That is why it is sometimes very difficult to trust someone in bitcoin because you do not know if they really believe it is worth just a scammers who will only use you and your money.
coinnumber

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:38:28 PM

Yes a lot of scam has being happening not only on phones but also on social media and many other google sites using BTC as a means of extorting money from people will depreciate so many people's interest to cryptocurrency, furthermore so many of us here speak too bad of BTC which is also not encouraging and make those whom have fall into the wrong hands feel it's true that BTC is a scam.
Phyton76

Merit: 268

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:49:26 PM

I have found that in recent time btc phone scam has been increased a lot. Scams call people and pursue people to pay taxes and bills by btc or any altercoins. Even some asks to invest in fake coin also. Mainly the scam group target people over phone.

Has it been happened with anyone??

In my experience, I have not yet experienced phone scams basically because I am one of those who anonymously use bitcoin and noone knows that I invest in it and use it except from my closest friends. Also, I do not entertain bitcoin transactions thru phone because it is not safe and you do nit know for sure who is on the other line. But I believe that scams do happen because some people gives so much trust in this world full of opportunistic people. Bottomlin, do not transact thru phone and research first before investing especially in cryptocurrency market.
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:22:38 AM

This is probably because of KYC requirements of scam ICOs out there. Maybe selling personal data to others. People will always have a way to scam other people for meoney. Let's just always be careful with all our transactions.
burgerpatty

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:38:34 AM

I have never happen this kind of incident but if some peoples face this kind situation they need to more aware because no one call from government for taxes u get first written notice also scammers will give u some offers u will make 100 or 200% return if u invest in particular coin if u can't control on Ur greediness then u will definitely scammed by scammers.
Crypto one

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:53:23 AM

I have found that in recent time btc phone scam has been increased a lot. Scams call people and pursue people to pay taxes and bills by btc or any altercoins. Even some asks to invest in fake coin also. Mainly the scam group target people over phone.

I have never heard about this kind of scam. But how should a scam like this work, when it's all most impossible to say a bitcon adress.
But if people have giving away personal information on a crypto site, those information can be use to scam later on.
Cepot

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

so far no one has experienced such phone fraud events as you experienced such as btc tax scams and others, do not trust anyone who called you about btc and asked for some money or taxes, because the government has not legalized the bitcoin so there is no valid tax for bitcoin
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:39:10 AM

With the rising price of bitcoin and other encrypted currencies, more and more swindlers join the community. We should be highly vigilant, not only by phone fraud, but also by mail fraud, and a suspicious link may steal all your coins.
I agree, i haven't heard of phone scamming instances but i have heard of online scamming. overall change passwords, do not share them and keep all information to yourself.
spastikss

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:01:54 PM

I have never been called for bitcoin scam , but if someone calls me from the phone, I will hang up immediately. Everyday i get betting scam sms and i really hate them.

[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:08:41 PM

I never been heard of scam that force to pay taxes using cryptocurrency because it is too obvious and you can only pay tax on the government premises and they have their own cashier and payment procedure. Fake ICO is possible as a scam scheme.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

So far, i never heard and experience phone scam, this issue doesnt surprise us, scammers are everywhere and theres nothing safe in this world, all we have to do us extra careful and dont trust anyone.
gooutfinish

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:30:44 AM

Anyway, only my immediate family and a friend know I have Bitcoin and password but as you said investing in phone fraud on electronic money I think this is the first time I heard about this. Because most people here are aware and knowledgeable about this much scamming happens about electronic money.
tubig123

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:56:24 AM

Mostly there is a lot of scams happening in a phone and sad to say all efforts of members goes nothing.Just I want to say disregard this scammers operating cannot succeed into simple way.
Bros_3

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:59:14 AM

I just got a text telling me I had “one Bitcoin” in my “account”. Is this going to be the new PPI?
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:02:03 AM

First time I heard about this, surprising in some way to use this reward to attract people as for me it is finally not really well know for public but scammers have unbelievable imagination to find new ways and methods to gather money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: