Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Actinium][PoW - Lyra2z]  (Read 33944 times)
Blockguru

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:44:24 AM

This might pivot into a great community coin. No premine, no ICO or no airdrop is really rare these days and on top that developer isn't going anonymous. The work he has been doing so far is awesome. Mobile wallet and ledger integration this early is great work. Keep up the good work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:18:40 AM

The next step in our development will be to implement merged mining support.
As our algorithm is PoW-Scrypt we will try to get support from Litecoin miners & pools.

More info on merged mining here: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/273/how-does-merged-mining-work

Great news. Might try smaller LTC pools or some other bigger scrypt coin pools. I doubt top pools would switch away from DOGE.
toppingcrypto

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:37:49 PM

brilliant
ACM is gold of future Wink
Bahnsen

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:23:30 PM

Can't wait to merged mining Tongue
brakmic (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 10:23:10 AM

It seems there are some problems with the BiteBTC exchange. The below article describes it in a very negative way.

https://theicojournal.com/scam-bitebtc-exchange-makes-false-claims-rips-off-coins/

I have sent an email to the contact person from BiteBTC asking for clarification.

For the time being, I'd recommend not to trade there. But, as their KYC process seems to be very slow, there won't be any trading activity anyway.
However, the article writes about the slow KYC process as well, assuming that this too is part of the scam.

Please, read the article!

Take care.

ACTINIUM ➢✈✅[No Premine]✅[No ICO]✅[Fair Launch]✈★
Blockguru

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:07:58 PM

OK so liquidity could be an issue for this coin as there is no budget for exchange listings and two exchanges its listed on have negligible volume or recognition.
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 05:30:14 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 05:50:52 PM by brakmic

OK so liquidity could be an issue for this coin as there is no budget for exchange listings and two exchanges its listed on have negligible volume or recognition.

If there is a community willing to support the coin with more than mere words, then it should be possible to collect enough BTC to register on bigger exchanges.
But so far everyone expected me to do everything for them. This is not a very successful & sustainable strategy.

Also not very motivating for me, as the developer of this coin.  

People are complaining about scams, premines, ICOs etc. Well, now they have a chance to support a clean & transparent coin. But so far, not much substantial support in sight.

Either we all will have some "skin in the game" or it will remain just talking about "what should be done".

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:56:19 PM

I think people here just want to make cash off you and don't want to donate money for a new exchange.  If they did there would be lots of comments in here, instead it's very few.  In May this coin was great for miners such as me.  In June, it sucks.  It's of course due to the 3.5 day retargetting matching litecoin.  But seriously who cares about matching litecoin on this point.  This is an old problem built into this coin. Maybe in a week or so this coin will retarget and probably the nicehash people will come back to exploit it.  

Now you'll probably get mad but that doesn't fix the problem.  Most miners have already disappeared, or are waiting to exploit the 3.5 day retargeting when it finally normalizes again.  So if you can't fix an old problem from 2014, why would anyone give you funds for a new exchange.

I am not mad at anyone, quite the opposite. Why should I be? I created a coin, learned a lot about managing mining pools, played with a mobile app, and got my hands dirty with Nano S Hardware Wallet Smiley

Actually, I am wondering why people are so shortsighted. Instead of being strategic and patiently increasing the value of this coin, which by itself is very rare in this space as it is transparent, people are acting like children who suddently discovered a candy store.

But there is no candy if you are not ready to support the production.

It's actually a very interesting experiment in crypto space. I offered you a honest coin, without any premine, or anything scammy, with total transparency, plus my personal support (unlike many others I am a professional software developer)...and in the end, people prefer to run after scams, maybe hoping to scam someone else, who knows?

But in the end, you all are lying to yourselves.

All this is a very good example that maybe the majority of the people in this space deserve to get scammed.

I, for my part, can be pretty happy about the outcome as my GitHub profile now shows stuff like Nano Ledger, a Crypto Mobile App, and even my own "Shitcoin Project", together with a few other things which are always good to have in your developer toolbox.

The last thing I wanted is to get any money out of it, as I got something that's more worth than that.

Have fun!

erzascalet

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:04:37 PM

great project. i will join this project for mining. good luck dev
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:43:08 PM

I think people here just want to make cash off you and don't want to donate money for a new exchange.  If they did there would be lots of comments in here, instead it's very few.  In May this coin was great for miners such as me.  In June, it sucks.  It's of course due to the 3.5 day retargetting matching litecoin.  But seriously who cares about matching litecoin on this point.  This is an old problem built into this coin. Maybe in a week or so this coin will retarget and probably the nicehash people will come back to exploit it.  

Now you'll probably get mad but that doesn't fix the problem.  Most miners have already disappeared, or are waiting to exploit the 3.5 day retargeting when it finally normalizes again.  So if you can't fix an old problem from 2014, why would anyone give you funds for a new exchange.

I am not mad at anyone, quite the opposite. Why should I be? I created a coin, learned a lot about managing mining pools, played with a mobile app, and got my hands dirty with Nano S Hardware Wallet Smiley

Actually, I am wondering why people are so shortsighted. Instead of being strategic and patiently increasing the value of this coin, which by itself is very rare in this space as it is transparent, people are acting like children who suddently discovered a candy store.

It's actually a very interesting experiment in crypto space. I offered you a honest coin, without any premine, or anything scammy, with total transparency, plus my personal support (unlike many others I am a professional software developer)...and in the end, people prefer to run after scams, maybe hoping to scam someone else, who knows?

All this is a very good example that maybe the majority of the people in this space deserve to get scammed.

I, for my part, can be pretty happy about the outcome as my GitHub profile now shows stuff like Nano Ledger, a Crypto Mobile App, and even my own "Shitcoin Project", together with a few other things which are always good to have in your developer toolbox.

The last thing I wanted is to get any money out of it, as I got something that's more worth than that.

Have fun!

That shouldn't be suprising everyone is after quick profit. Nobody wants to do anything, just farm rewards and scam others.
dogebearman

Activity: 711
Merit: 204

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:50:46 PM

Have fun!

That shouldn't be suprising everyone is after quick profit. Nobody wants to do anything, just farm rewards and scam others.

Bahnsen

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:34:53 PM

Have fun!

https://i.imgflip.com/2ct76n.jpg
I am apalled that people are so shortsighted.
CryptoCot

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:47:06 PM

Hi! You used the Litecoin algorithm. This means that the coin can be mined using ASIC much more efficiently than using GPU farms. If this is true and you have not used any protection from ASIC, then people have not taken your project seriously. After all, if the price becomes high enough, all the profits will take the owners of ASIC. What is the point of people to mine bitcoins on the GPU and not to sell immediately?
brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:55:00 PM

Hi! You used the Litecoin algorithm. This means that the coin can be mined using ASIC much more efficiently than using GPU farms. If this is true and you have not used any protection from ASIC, then people have not taken your project seriously. After all, if the price becomes high enough, all the profits will take the owners of ASIC. What is the point of people to mine bitcoins on the GPU and not to sell immediately?

ASIC-resistance is useless. Sooner or later there will be an ASIC for any algorithm you can think of.
Also, I don't think that fighting ASICs is an intelligent strategy. I don't see miners as potential enemies or "disease" that I have to fight against.
Quite the opposite, Actinium is very friendly towards anyone (friendly from technological perspective).

Actinium welcomes ASICs and everyone else who wants to support this coin. Be it trading, hodling, coding, advertising etc.

Also, take into account that a fun currency like DOGE also uses Litecoin's Scrypt algorithm and is now a multimillion dollar business. For some time it was a 2 billion dollar business.

Well, if a currency like DOGE could get such a high valuation, why should a coin that:

a) has a public development team
b) has no premine
c) has no "founder fees"
d) with Ledger Nano Integration
e) Mobile App
f) latest bugfixes (we follow Bitcoin & Litecoin closely)
g) strong orientation towards Lightning Network (so-called 2nd Layer Solutions)

get no proper support from miners and other important actors, like investors and traders?

The least important problem for this coin is ASIC technology. The bigger problem is how to gain trust in a community filled with scams, "get rich quick"-schemes, badly copied code, and sometimes outright stupidity.

The only solution, in my opinion, is radical transparency, tolerance towards anyone (this implies ASIC-miners as well), and readiness to support anyone, in any case.

Feel free to join us in our Discord. There are many friendly and very helpful people. Maybe you can bring new ideas. We need such people!

TheRaster

Activity: 391
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:44:20 PM

Actinium Now Added To BTCCluster

http://btccluster.hopto.org:8080

Auto Diff Port 5558
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://btccluster.hopto.org:5558 -u <WALLET-ADDRESS> -p x

Mining fee of 1% Thats Right FREE to mine here

Now Proportional Pay Per Share
(Proportional ("Share-based"): Every time a block is found, its reward is split between participants according to the number of shares they submitted.)

Join us on Discord https://t.co/xdtyzf6ul2

Join us on Twitter https://twitter.com/BtcCluster
Full pool over hall,

The pool is now running Proportional Pay Per Share. Every time a block is found, its reward is split between participants according to the number of shares they submitted.

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 07:30:13 PM

We have ported the ltcd daemon to Actinium. This is one of the requirements for our future Lightning Network onboarding.

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 08:27:59 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 12:40:10 PM by brakmic

We have new Telegram channels & groups.

Join us:

Channel (announcements) https://t.me/actiniumcrypto
Discussions: https://t.me/actiniumdiscussions
Trading: https://t.me/actiniumtrading

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 11:40:24 PM

We are currently onboarding the TradeOgre exchange.

Transaction tests have been successful so far.

We will go online very soon!

brakmic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 07:12:38 AM

We're now active on TradeOgre: https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-ACM

brakmic (OP)