Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:08:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta  (Read 415594 times)
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:06:03 PM

Can anybody say me how much will receive logo winner? It is easy question. My friends want take part in logo thread.

you are little careless, please read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.msg6979527#msg6979527, eXo_coin answered you,

The reward is 50K, I think its a little high.  Wink  but good logo is valuable.
i'm sorry I missed that. thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yambad

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:55:45 PM

Question:
Exo is developed in his spare time?
290 bitcoins are not enough to have people working full time on the project including some developers marketing and design.
290 * 550,00 = ~ u$160,000.00
Give to keep a team of 5 people and pay some servers for 1 year.
zhile11911

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:02:29 PM

Question:
Exo is developed in his spare time?
290 bitcoins are not enough to have people working full time on the project including some developers marketing and design.
290 * 550,00 = ~ u$160,000.00
Give to keep a team of 5 people and pay some servers for 1 year.

dev said their had been working day and tonight.  their are busying this project. but i dont know the client still have a big problem now.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:20:38 PM

Check out this garbage article:

http://www.coinssource.com/exocoin-launch-early-june-whats-really-going/

No whitepaper during the IPO - really? Fact check much? I seem to remember a couple of versions of the whitepaper. And after all the work these guys have put in and the current working beta, he suggests this could still be a very elaborate well thought out scam. One of his reasons - due to the level of English used by posters in this thread?!

Unfuckingbelieveable! I remember reading an accusation post somewhere where the accuser claimed coinssource was just some shill site used to pump certain coins.... I'm going to have to go with that theory now myself and remove it from my daily bookmarks.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:40:22 PM

No whitepaper during the IPO - really? Fact check much? I seem to remember a couple of versions of the whitepaper. And after all the work these guys have put in and the current working beta, he suggests this could still be a very elaborate well thought out scam. One of his reasons - due to the level of English used by posters in this thread?!

Unfuckingbelieveable! I remember reading an accusation post somewhere where the accuser claimed coinssource was just some shill site used to pump certain coins.... I'm going to have to go with that theory now myself and remove it from my daily bookmarks.

The author doesn't say it's a scam, but states that he sees some indicators and it might be one.

Did you read the whitepaper or the Exo wiki btw.?

(I have no connection with coinsource)
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:40:27 PM

The author doesn't say it's a scam, but states that he sees some indicators and it might be one.

I did read the whitepaper and also contacted the dev directly. After doing so, I made my investment, the maximum allowed, directly with EXO.

Even back then I felt they were putting in far too much effort for a scam. And how about now? Why bother coding update after update, spending time writing lengthy status posts on this forum, when they could have obviously already released a "good enough" client to even claim the escrowed funds if that was their intention.

The coinsource article is just garbage, plain and simple. The facts I've brought up were totally ignored, yet the level of people's English writing skills in this thread was considered as a possible "scam indicator"? Okay then, thanks for the investigative journalism  Roll Eyes
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:41:16 PM

I did read the whitepaper and also contacted the dev directly. After doing so, I made my investment, the maximum allowed, directly with EXO.
I had no doubt.

Even back then I felt they were putting in far too much effort for a scam. And how about now? Why bother coding update after update, spending time writing lengthy status posts on this forum, when they could have obviously already released a "good enough" client to even claim the escrowed funds if that was their intention.
- a more sophisticated scam attempt might try to make some additional profit after launch. We all observe how coin values can go up after launch or after being listed on a third party exchange.
- plus with the current state of the client it is hard to imagine that any reasonable person with investment in escrow would give the OK for release.

The coinsource article is just garbage, plain and simple. The facts I've brought up were totally ignored, yet the level of people's English writing skills in this thread was considered as a possible "scam indicator"? Okay then, thanks for the investigative journalism  Roll Eyes
I agree that English skills shouldn't have any influence on the "scam indicator". But I still don't believe that the coinsource article is garbage, but reflects the uncertainty many other forum members feel as well.

Bottom line, you read the whitepaper, you are convinced of the developer's skills - then there is nothing better than some bad publicity which leads to the possibility to buy cheap after release and then go for the really big profit when everybody realizes that a coin lives up to it's promise, don't you think?
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:41:46 PM

Totally agree, the article was poorly made effort to make EXO look bad. And for the language issue even English is "lingua franca" that doesnt mean people who cannot write perfect English are more willing to Scam people, Jeesus crist what an bullcrap.

And for the record same site has article about Qara, where they praise it and if you look their thread you can clearly see they have many issues with the client and coin itself.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:58:12 PM

I agree entirely. It was the same experience for me and a whitepaper was released.

Your assessment of that website is likely accurate; some shill site used to pump certain coins. Money talks, bullshit walks.
Skriller

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:53:00 PM

Hey guys I've seen your article today , i think you have a terrible logo actually as terrible as the article it self... but heads UP! i have made you a logo!! Hope you like it
http://s28.postimg.org/z6bh9q3fx/Exocoin.png
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:17:30 PM

Hey guys I've seen your article today , i think you have a terrible logo actually as terrible as the article it self... but heads UP! i have made you a logo!! Hope you like it

Nice, but to similar es Emunie logo.
eXo_coin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:25:32 PM

Yes the latest chain async is the same issue we experienced with the version before. Investigation will surely need 1-2 more days. Anyway we are quite optimistic and sure that this issue is the only major bug in the software since we did not faced any other problems since many days. The chain itself does not get "really" asynchron. Only the hash value of the block is invalid somehow. The block's content is the same on every node.
Initially we thought it's a problem with a caching stage for hashing stuff. Then it turns out now with 0.59.4 it's not the case unfortunately.
The mining process also does not create any problems.
Since everything else seems to work fine and even the "chain async" only leads to different hashes but not to different block content the problem itself could be considered to be a small one (general syncing and building works). I'm quite sure that we would have to change only a few lines of code.
I'm flying to a foreign country this weekend, however, we (including myself) will continue to work to bug this out. But I might not answer 1-3 days.

There will be a final beta test once we finished the issue and we integrated something more. So 0.6 will be the next version and the launch version and it will be open beta tested for something like two days before the launch. Assuming we manage to bug this out until 31th and can integrate some missing stuff until 3rd (2 guards against attackers + finalize proxy software against DDoS + minor things like addressbook) then starting the final test on late 4th or 5th we could have the launch on 6th or 7th June. Please don't nail it down to this date but it is a realistic timeline. All depends on how fast we can fix the issue.

I am really sorry for any delay. I just want to emphasize again: It is simply really hard to estimate the needed time for developing software. A troublesome bug can take days to get fixed and cannot be forecasted. Besides, the reallife job sometimes causes much work (normally: milestone work in projects so there are times with less work and times with much work even for the evening/nights) and the daily life also must have a place to exist. So there are many factors which caused unexpected delays and hard-to-tell timelines. Many of you have told us to take the time we need and that it is ok, but there are also many people who cannot understand the delays over delays. I ask you for a bit more patience - and we won't launch with a partially buggy client - thank you ;-) Also, yes, it is right, we could have made more marketing so far. We do not have the manpower to do it properly, but we will have more time for that after 0.6 is out. It is early enough to create more buzz around exo after everything is launched. And: any article about eXocoin (well - positive ones are preferred) help to increase the attention of eXocoin. Many celebs use negative buzz to increase attention successfully Wink

The wiki content will be updated after finishing 0.6. The logo vote can start on 1st June or similar.

best regards
eXocoin team

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:57:46 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:22:45 PM by SyRenity

I am really sorry for any delay. I just want to emphasize again: It is simply really hard to estimate the needed time for developing software. A troublesome bug can take days to get fixed and cannot be forecasted. Besides, the reallife job sometimes causes much work (normally: milestone work in projects so there are times with less work and times with much work even for the evening/nights) and the daily life also must have a place to exist. So there are many factors which caused unexpected delays and hard-to-tell timelines. Many of you have told us to take the time we need and that it is ok, but there are also many people who cannot understand the delays over delays. I ask you for a bit more patience - and we won't launch with a partially buggy client - thank you ;-) Also, yes, it is right, we could have made more marketing so far. We do not have the manpower to do it properly, but we will have more time for that after 0.6 is out. It is early enough to create more buzz around exo after everything is launched. And: any article about eXocoin (well - positive ones are preferred) help to increase the attention of eXocoin. Many celebs use negative buzz to increase attention successfully Wink

What about a bounty for a new web-site? The current version (obviously self-made) has served it's purpose well enough for the IPO, and it will be great to freshen it up towards the official launch.
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:00:41 PM

Hi eXo_coin

Mining will begin concurrent with the release?
It would be interesting investors have at least a month to negotiate before then.

cawson

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:12:15 PM

Hi eXo_coin

Mining will begin concurrent with the release?
It would be interesting investors have at least a month to negotiate before then.

yes i think so.
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:24:20 AM

Only 2 days of testing before launch? Why do some dev feel the need to rush things. When will you stress test the network? Send a lot of txs with a lot users. What's the biggest chain exo has been able to run successfully? Once fixed the current issues you need to put lots of stress on the network to see how it will perform. Release the client without doing this and then that article will become true, exo will be seen as a scam.
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:52:28 AM

Only 2 days of testing before launch? Why do some dev feel the need to rush things. When will you stress test the network? Send a lot of txs with a lot users. What's the biggest chain exo has been able to run successfully? Once fixed the current issues you need to put lots of stress on the network to see how it will perform. Release the client without doing this and then that article will become true, exo will be seen as a scam.
+1 Should work at least 15 days without a crash to be released.

bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:51:08 AM

+1 Should work at least 15 days without a crash to be released.

Agree, 2 days is WAY to short! 7 days testing should be the minimum IMO.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:51:45 AM

A X10 is it possible?  Roll Eyes
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:59:35 AM

Let's vote for the logo, we've got enough candidates.

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 307 »
  Print  

Jump to: