Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta  (Read 415594 times)
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:00:23 AM

How much was invested in the "early bird" IPO stage?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hala

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:04:35 AM

How much was invested in the "early bird" IPO stage?

U can see it at www.exocoin.com, the investment list is http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=investments.

The total investment in early-statge is about 174 BTC.
powerfull

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:13:26 AM

i will join in next stage . interest ...
evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:49:24 AM

Oh yeah we decided, we had a deal.... but wait.... we can earn more...verba volant... let us have democratic procedure to cancel democratic agreement...  I'm sick of that.

+1 early-birds have a good chance to sell exocoin like 10000% more expensive in a long run but we are discussing even more preferences. That's mad.  

So how much did you invest before yesterday?

I think the point is that even the dev's have recognized that so many early-birds could easily mean that the other rounds of investment can earn more EXO with less investment and virtually no risk.   I fail to see how people don't think that is a bad idea.   The only way this works under the original plan is if thousands and thousands of people signup for email coins, and exponentially more people buy into the later funding rounds as it looks more 'real' over time.

So what happens if only 900 people sign up for emails, and only another 20-30btc show up for the rest of the funding options.     Well then early birds get shafted with a capital S.    It destroys the trust in trying to support a innovative idea at the ground floor.  We did not get the luxury of walking into a fully developed business plan.  Instead we walked into a half-baked idea about how to do something a little bit better.   It is now much more likely to be realized because a 140+ people threw $600+ at it before the foundation was poured.   

And now the thread is filling up with new people who want to walk in after the roof is on, and pull a chair up to the woodstove and ask for some hot-chocolate?

I agree 100%. What was the incentive of trusting this idea from the beginning and supporting it with our heart. And now this BS!!!!!

You should have allowed the early bird investors to vote. The original investment was like 10 btc!!!!!!   WHAT WAS THE INCENTIVE OF BEING AN EARLY BIRD?? not very happy

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
borzov

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:24:13 PM

registered the domain exocoin.org
eXo_coin (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:30:06 PM

Oh yeah we decided, we had a deal.... but wait.... we can earn more...verba volant... let us have democratic procedure to cancel democratic agreement...  I'm sick of that.

+1 early-birds have a good chance to sell exocoin like 10000% more expensive in a long run but we are discussing even more preferences. That's mad.  

I think the point is that even the dev's have recognized that so many early-birds could easily mean that the other rounds of investment can earn more EXO with less investment and virtually no risk.   I fail to see how people don't think that is a bad idea.   The only way this works under the original plan is if thousands and thousands of people signup for email coins, and exponentially more people buy into the later funding rounds as it looks more 'real' over time.

So what happens if only 900 people sign up for emails, and only another 20-30btc show up for the rest of the funding options.     Well then early birds get shafted with a capital S.    It destroys the trust in trying to support a innovative idea at the ground floor.  We did not get the luxury of walking into a fully developed business plan.  Instead we walked into a half-baked idea about how to do something a little bit better.   It is now much more likely to be realized because a 140+ people threw $600+ at it before the foundation was poured.    

And now the thread is filling up with new people who want to walk in after the roof is on, and pull a chair up to the woodstove and ask for some hot-chocolate?

I agree 100%. What was the incentive of trusting this idea from the beginning and supporting it with our heart. And now this BS!!!!!

You should have allowed the early bird investors to vote. The original investment was like 10 btc!!!!!!   WHAT WAS THE INCENTIVE OF BEING AN EARLY BIRD?? not very happy

Alright first of all: mail applicants will not get more coins than investors (see link below). Secondly we set a time frame for early bird investments (until release of whitepaper). We never told somebody that an investment on day one would count in more than an investment at the last day of the first round.
We ensure that early-investors get more EXO for their BTC than 2nd stage investors. We increased the percentage block for early investors and crossed out other things (interest block, 3rd stage) to face the huge investment amount.
And those people who invested after you had no more "hard facts" than you had on your investment day. As stated, the whitepaper has been release after the end of the round.

More about our spreading plan change and why we changed what:

view here

and if you did not already saw it - the new spreading plan:

and the initial plan:

I hope that I help you with this post.

Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:42:04 PM

how long will the second stage run for?

6 minutes 32 seconds
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:22:48 AM

how long will the second stage run for?

6 minutes 32 seconds

6 minutes 32 seconds
Now updated:
5 minutes 14 seconds
evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:37:07 AM

I think the point is that even the dev's have recognized that so many early-birds could easily mean that the other rounds of investment can earn more EXO with less investment and virtually no risk.   I fail to see how people don't think that is a bad idea.   The only way this works under the original plan is if thousands and thousands of people signup for email coins, and exponentially more people buy into the later funding rounds as it looks more 'real' over time.

So what happens if only 900 people sign up for emails, and only another 20-30btc show up for the rest of the funding options.     Well then early birds get shafted with a capital S.    It destroys the trust in trying to support a innovative idea at the ground floor.  We did not get the luxury of walking into a fully developed business plan.  Instead we walked into a half-baked idea about how to do something a little bit better.   It is now much more likely to be realized because a 140+ people threw $600+ at it before the foundation was poured.    

You should have allowed the early bird investors to vote. The original investment was like 10 btc!!!!!!   WHAT WAS THE INCENTIVE OF BEING AN EARLY BIRD?? not very happy

Alright first of all: mail applicants will not get more coins than investors (see link below). Secondly we set a time frame for early bird investments (until release of whitepaper). We never told somebody that an investment on day one would count in more than an investment at the last day of the first round.
We ensure that early-investors get more EXO for their BTC than 2nd stage investors. We increased the percentage block for early investors and crossed out other things (interest block, 3rd stage) to face the huge investment amount.
And those people who invested after you had no more "hard facts" than you had on your investment day. As stated, the whitepaper has been release after the end of the round.

More about our spreading plan change and why we changed what:

view here

and if you did not already saw it - the new spreading plan:

and the initial plan:

I hope that I help you with this post.

You have not answered my question or responded to my concern. The initial early bird had a weight of 15% of total EXO BUT there was ONLY 6~10 btc invested in that stage. I still have the screenshot somewhere and i got really excited because i sent you my btc on the last day of the investment. on that day there was only 6~10 BTC invested in it. So lets see i sent you 1 btc out of the original 6~10 btc and i would have had to share the initial 15% with like 10 other people.

Lets see now...early bird has become 23.5% AND i have to share that with 175 BTC's who missed the date prior to the whitepaper and who came in with a stronger hand after having read the white paper.

So please do enlighten me on how that is even fare. wtf happens if people from the second stage only throw down 10btc. then the early stage gets to share it with 200 btc and the second with 10 as the early should have been?Huh?

What is your logic/reason to think everything is okay???

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
rramires

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:55:48 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 03:09:45 PM by rramires

I still do not understand how NXT was developed in such a short time. Brilliant people can be, but with a good amount of luck.
Exo, to be good,  should not present a code in a single class. Now yes, after a few months have a customer with a more decent Code. Luckily it was not hacked everything. A guy with the profile "Dr Evil" found a bug that could have ended the project.
I'm no expert in cryptography, but a project takes a good few months to get ready, tested, and always comes out with some bug.
If it is really serious, we should wait longer and only after, but many tests, put in production. So we would be actually building a new currency and a new ecosystem cryptocurrency rather than something to just capitalize some money and turn a useless altcoin any.
zhiyan1993

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:11:11 AM

I still do not understand how NXT was developed in such a short time. Brilliant people can be, but with a good amount of luck.
Exo, to be good,  should not present a code in a single class. Now yes, after a few months have a customer with a more decent Code. Luckily it was not hacked everything. A guy with the profile "Dr Evil" found a bug that could have ended the project.
I'm no expert in cryptography, but a project takes a good few months to get ready, tested, and always comes out with some bug.
If it is really serious, we should wait longer and only after, but many tests, put in production. So we would be actually building a new currency and a new ecosystem criptocurrency rather than something to just captalizar some money and turn a useless altcoin any.
+1
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:14:43 AM

@Everyone

I'd love to see eXo get a better website going on.  Honestly I don't really care about flashy websites.  However to help us attract more interest spicing up our web-presence maybe pretty critical.

Without having a huge amount to work with, we could easily start developing some brand identity and hopefully a better web-presence. 

I'll gladly kick in a little towards helping get this stuff off the ground.     Does anyone want to manage a bounty thread?

hala

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:27:38 AM

If it is really serious, we should wait longer and only after, but many tests, put in production. So we would be actually building a new currency and a new ecosystem criptocurrency rather than something to just captalizar some money and turn a useless altcoin any.
+1

+1. " we would be actually building a new currency and a new ecosystem criptocurrency "
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

evoked22, it never ended with "6~10 btc". The early stage was 175 btc, and it was before the whitepaper release.
gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:37:34 PM

You have not answered my question or responded to my concern. The initial early bird had a weight of 15% of total EXO BUT there was ONLY 6~10 btc invested in that stage. I still have the screenshot somewhere and i got really excited because i sent you my btc on the last day of the investment. on that day there was only 6~10 BTC invested in it. So lets see i sent you 1 btc out of the original 6~10 btc and i would have had to share the initial 15% with like 10 other people.

Lets see now...early bird has become 23.5% AND i have to share that with 175 BTC's who missed the date prior to the whitepaper and who came in with a stronger hand after having read the white paper.

So please do enlighten me on how that is even fare. wtf happens if people from the second stage only throw down 10btc. then the early stage gets to share it with 200 btc and the second with 10 as the early should have been?Huh?

Combine these two stages and apply different weights, e.g. Early bird=1.5 and the second stage=1.0.
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

Combine these two stages and apply different weights, e.g. Early bird=1.5 and the second stage=1.0.

good idea,don't worry how many btc was invested each stage.

Legcorner

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

evoked22, it never ended with "6~10 btc". The early stage was 175 btc, and it was before the whitepaper release.

You are not right.

The end of the first stage was extended by a week.
Look at page 3 of this thread.
At this time there was only a handful of investors.
It exploded after Anon offered his escrow service.

rramires

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:28:34 PM

Who are not satisfied and used escrow service, get the money back when you want.
Correct? So better wait and see what will happen later on and then decide.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:59:05 PM

Who are not satisfied and used escrow service, get the money back when you want.
Correct? So better wait and see what will happen later on and then decide.

any time

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:00:17 PM

this is a smart solution but it seems like he already decided how to handle the situation

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 307 »
  Print  

Jump to: