Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What altcoin would you prefer to be paid in?  (Read 761 times)
VenturaBro (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:50:35 PM

Assuming you're doing remote gigs or remote work. What altcoin would you choose?

I think Ripple is a great choice because of how fast it is.

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xioma

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:53:07 PM

I'd go with Ripple as well, or ETH.

Depending on the amount being paid for. Ripple for smaller transactions and ETH for the bigger payments and I'd just hold those Smiley
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:05:49 PM

Assuming you're doing remote gigs or remote work. What altcoin would you choose?

Thoughts?
If I was to be paid with an altcoin I will choose ethereum or litecoin those two altcoins are some of the most easy to use and are two of the altcoins with the most adoption and if you prefer to convert them to fiat or to bitcoins you will have no problem doing it since you can do that in any exchange, however if there is a coin that I will never hold and in which I will never accept any payments it is ripple.
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:11:26 PM

Thoughts?
I'd choose ETH as:

- it's second by capitalization, reliable and really decentralized;
- can provide fast transactions with reasonable fees;
- can easily be swapped on another coin at any exchange you like.

In the case of Ripple you cannot treat it as a fully decentralized coin, you cannot swap it on another coin directly, moreover, it's even harder to find a reliable exchange which accepts Ripple.

Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 09:19:43 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 07:11:04 PM by Dzeronimo

My choice would be ETH. The main reason is because you can easily convert ETH to other cryptocurrencies or fiat.  
harrypotter1229

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:19:56 PM

I will choose to use ETH, because ETH is the most widely used coin, and the speed and rate of the transaction are acceptable. Many people will apply it, so people who accept it will be more willing.
Xioma

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:16:50 PM

Like most people, I'd choose ETH and hold, hoping the amount would add up after a while
Zeleznyak

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:20:37 PM

I would have written at least 500 posts if I was paid a month for 1 ethereum. If anyone knows projects with payment in ethereum currency, please let me know or at least where to look for such.
LeroyBro

Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:21:54 PM

I guess it really depends on the work.

Ripple for smaller payment gigs and ETH for bigger payments, I think that's a good approach.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:30:47 PM

Thoughts?
Ripple as a mode of payment? I'm not saying that I hate ripple but I don't really like it.

There's bitcoin so why I have to choose another altcoin for it? If the client or person will pay me for my gig insist for an altcoin then I'll choose ethereum.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

Thoughts?
You should reconsider your thought because Ripple is banking support project so it is not useful in most times. But Ethereum is fast communication and low transactions fees but Ripple is useless platform anytime all the marketcap is down in the coin. Nowadays Ethereum is best for everything no one is beat the Ethereum concept.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

Thoughts?

There are various coins to pick from, Ripple is no doubt a good choice. Transactions are almost instant and due to large supply, fees of transaction is also negligible.
However, my personal favorite will always be Dogecoin. First of all dogecoin is an old coin back from 2014. Secondly it has its own blockchain. Thirdly since the coin is an old one, there are lots of wallets and exchanges unlike new coins which are hard to send or trade. Lastly, the fees of Dogecoin was, is and will always be 1 DOGE per transaction and when the supply is 115B, I think 1 DOGE will always the cheapest fees we would get anywhere.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:46:31 PM

I'll only choose ETH if I'm going to be paid in altcoin Smiley. But if I can choose, I'll choose BTC and ETH Smiley).

But if the amount of money is not so big, I'll choose ETH cause BTC transaction fee is really high so if it's just a small amount of money like 20 or 30$, ETH is a better choice Smiley. Although there are a lot of others good altcoin but I only believe in the best altcoin, ETH Smiley
MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:54:48 PM

I would rather prefer to be paid in ETH. ETH for me has many potentials and I think if any altcoins would surpass bitcoin I'm the nearest future, it would be no other coin that ETH.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:58:43 PM

I think most people would go for Ethereum as first choice. My personnal preference would either go to Waves or to Cardano.

FrosDiamond

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:07:32 PM

Thoughts?
I am currently selecting EOS
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:18:59 PM

I think most people would go for Ethereum as first choice. My personnal preference would either go to Waves or to Cardano.

Yeah I see that most people in crypto would go for ethereum and that is the top altcoin they choose. Waves and Cardano are good but my personally choose is ethereum because ethereum has fast communication and low transaction fees.
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:19:06 PM

Thoughts?
Agreed Ripple is well suited for these purposes. But personally, I would choose Bitshares. Because this coin I like is more and the velocity in it is also very good

iwanirawan

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 01:19:56 PM

In my opinion all altcoin is good as long as they have good future. You can look other people what they invest. Look the volume which many people invest there. We can said ethereum and this most popular coin after bitcoin. You can invest there. Or another option will be litecoin or xlm. Ripple also good choice because they take third place in cmc. Top 10 coin in cmc have good potential to invest and take profit.
alimarh

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:24:29 PM

For me I will choose to be paid in eth or btc because they are a bit more stable and have great potentials for future growth. I will not choose any other coin for payment except these two for now.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: