Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is more risky? Bitcoin or bank investment?  (Read 5979 times)
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:50:39 AM

Bitcoin is indeed risky. But bank investments are risky too. In our country (coz I'm not sure if this exist in other countries). When you have a large amount on your account they will call you and ask you if you want to invest, minimum of 20,000 Php (or 400 USD). They will propose some investment plans where there is a choice of low, medium, or high risk investment. When you choose the high risk there is a chance to lose or gain 100% of your investment (Medium is 75% and low is 50% if I remember it right). It doesn't make sense to me, it sounds like a scam, they will invest using your money and you don't have any control to it. That is why I like bitcoin more, coz Though it is risky and it's very volatile, you have full control on your investment.

What do you guys think?

Bitcoin is more risky compare to that of bank investment but crypto currency is more profitable compare to the bank investment. And also bitcoin can be monitored by us personally unlike in the bank we do not know how they manage our investments and also they have commission on the income.

Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:03:18 AM

In my opinion, it should be clearly recognized that investing in bitcoin is much more risky than deposit deposits in banks. In my country there is a fund for guaranteeing deposits, from which compensation is paid to all depositors if any commercial bank goes bankrupt. True, not the whole amount is paid, but only in a certain amount, which is about eight thousand dollars. However, this amount is vseravno decent. Moreover, if you have a larger amount, you can place it on different commercial banks or in state-owned banks, which in general should not go bankrupt in any case.
If you have invested in bitcoin, you are entirely responsible for the risk of losing funds for any reason.

Mikasa77

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:13:27 AM

Bitcoin is indeed risky. But bank investments are risky too. In our country (coz I'm not sure if this exist in other countries). When you have a large amount on your account they will call you and ask you if you want to invest, minimum of 20,000 Php (or 400 USD). They will propose some investment plans where there is a choice of low, medium, or high risk investment. When you choose the high risk there is a chance to lose or gain 100% of your investment (Medium is 75% and low is 50% if I remember it right). It doesn't make sense to me, it sounds like a scam, they will invest using your money and you don't have any control to it. That is why I like bitcoin more, coz Though it is risky and it's very volatile, you have full control on your investment.

What do you guys think?
I will choose bitcoim too like you've said yoh are the one who controlled it, in my opinion if you imvest in bitcoin the money that you invest has a low chance to grow and if it grow, you need to wait 10 to 20 years before your money got doubled and in bitcoin you're the who who hold and controlled it amd it is have a high chance to grow without waiting 10 or 20 years.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:17:17 AM

I think all investments carry a degree of risk and can be placed in a spectrum, with perhaps gold and the U.S. dollar (for now) as relatively safe and cryptocurrencies as high risk. Then again, high risk may mean high reward.
siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:42:58 AM

both bitcoin and bank investment have their own weight but if you want ti comapre one definitely it is bitcoin and bank is safer bcuz bitcoin is very risky and make you down if you don t know how to use it but on the other hand comparing with the gain of both bank investment is nothing it gives ver very small interest acoording to bitcoin.
Great Jupiter

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:49:09 AM

Depends on what the government backed insurance is for deposits. Up to that deposit limit I'd say banks are more secure, however after that limit BTC will be more secure since with banks now you run the risk of a bank run or bank default wiping out your deposits above the government-insured limit.
MyEtherPony

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 07:42:01 AM

Bitcoin is a lot much riskier given its volatile and virtually backed by people's trust and confidence level. In politically unstable country, bitcoins might be a better option.
Bibi shop

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

Obviously, bitcoin is risky but you can earn lots from bitcoin while trading as bitcoin is volatile. In bank they have their own fund advisors that used to manage the funds we had invested. In bitcoin we personally manage our own investment and definitely it is more riskier but if our investments earned in crypto currency it is very worth it. In bank if our investments earned there are still charges they are goin to deduct in our income.
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

Of course, investment at Bitcoin is risky, rather than investing at the bank. Because we invest in banks to keep our money safe and for some profits. But Bitcoin is completely different than the banks. Because if we invest in Bitcoin, we can earn a lot of profits in a very short period of time. Which we can not earn by investing in the bank. But if Bitcoin's price drops, we have to face big losses. Which we would not have encountered if we invested in the bank. So, the investment in Bitcoin is always risky than investing on bank .
haophan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 08:25:35 AM

Bitcoin investment is the trend of the future. High transparency.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:01:10 PM

What do you guys think?

In my opinion of course bitcoins are much riskier than the investment in the bank because if you put your money into the bank then they will not fall or lose its value and they will increase annually but that depends on the bank on how much increase they are gonna make but it usually  as low as 1 percent. But in bitcoins there are a lot of chance that the money you put in there might get doubled. But of course the other thing is there are a chance that the money.you.put in here might lose its value.
digroske

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:32:08 AM

If you invest in Bitcoin, you do not have any security measures put into your investment. Also, you buy Bitcoin without warranty that it will go up, so the risks are on its own, Your Base may be just the reason that Bitcoin will make it much bigger in the future and track record of its price. With an investment in a bank, you are guaranteed to have a detailed contract that includes a security guarantee in a certain form.
we experienced a devaluation of the ruble, inflation and other economic shocks. so I believe that bank deposits are as risky as the crypto currency. there is nothing unshakable.
Macai

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:40:42 AM

Every inestments are risky and i think its up to the investors to risk their money in joining to investments whether investments in bank or in bitcoin. But as i will answer the question which is riskier? For me, since bitcoin is manipulated digitally and there are so many investments popping whether legit or scams and now a days you cannot easily identify the scam one so i must say Bircoin is riskier.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

Bitcoin of course bank is not too risky the advantage of bank is its totally secured and managed well but the interest rate is too small but in bitcoin your money may grow 1000x when its value increases but at the same time you will lost 1000x if value decreases thats why bitcoin is too risky.
EMS-007

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:35:20 AM

Bitcoin is indeed more risky in terms of investing due its nature of un-predicted high volatility but your Privacy is more risky with the Banking investment system because it gathers all your personal data including your assets and liabilities! Cool
estupido

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:36:03 PM

the bank's and bitcoin's investments have their own advantages and disadvantages Investments in banks are more clearly safe but fortunately little and time-limited
investment in bitcoin can generate huge profits and can be used anytime but not always safety
sheyicrypto

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:51:19 PM

both are more risky it depend where your interest lies. both has different advantages and also diadvantages, keeping money in banks yield little interest but saving bitcoin will generate fast income but the risk differs in nature
Yucco

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:52:03 PM

Bitcoin and bank investment are both risky but the amount of return expected in case of bitcoin is not fixed i.e. it can touch the bottom or sky is the limit but in case of bank investment, the return is fixed depending upon the interest rate as it is very low.
I would not compare bitcoin and banks. These are two completely different directions. The bank can go bankrupt, bitcoin can not fall to zero! The bank gives you very little profit - bitcoin can enrich you repeatedly if you are patient and have managed to buy it at the right time!
oninz26

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:58:33 PM

What do you guys think?
Investing in a banks have less profit,its like we twnd our money to just sleep it there but in bitcoin yes there maybe high risk but its strategy i think that it would work is to invest what we can afford to lose inorder not to get panic everytime the value falls down.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

~ SNIP ~
Investing in a banks have less profit,its like we twnd our money to just sleep it there but in bitcoin yes there maybe high risk but its strategy i think that it would work is to invest what we can afford to lose inorder not to get panic everytime the value falls down.

yes we can only get less profits in banks but do you think that you can always get a high profit after you invest in bitcoin? no right? the value of bitcoin is verry volatile which means it can always fluctuate and when it fluctuates  , you cant always earn a profit all the time but the profit that you can get in banks is verry much stable and it also increases annually or as long as you increase your investment in the long run.

now in terms of risks , both of them do also have a risk , not only on cryptos but in banks as well because there are chances that a bank can also will turn into a scam even if how trusted it was.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: