Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:22:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176889 times)
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:12:58 AM

As I said, Make a support ticket, These assholes are probably going to scam now.
Support tickets there are being ignored for weeks.  My ticket was ignored for days until I made a lot of noise in IRC, then had MagicalTux personally resend my tx just to shut me up... lol.

Others, though? not so lucky.
I know I have said this many times, But threaten them for lawsuit. It always makes them shit bricks and give you your money back.
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:35:08 AM

The feds need to give Gox its money back
Netprofits

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:57:59 PM

I know I have said this many times, But threaten them for lawsuit. It always makes them shit bricks and give you your money back.

Threatening Gox is really ineffective from my experience.  These threats are certainly common and Gox support is conditioned to ignore them.  Alternatively, filing an actual lawsuit will go directly to legal, bypassing support, and may actually accomplish something.
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:06:03 PM

Threatening Gox is really ineffective from my experience.  These threats are certainly common and Gox support is conditioned to ignore them.  Alternatively, filing an actual lawsuit will go directly to legal, bypassing support, and may actually accomplish something.
I know right? Just tell your lawyer proof that the are your funds and they will have to give them back. Because if those werent your funds, You can go to jail, and I think a hacker wouldnt go to court if he says he was the rightful owner.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U

^ dat Smiley

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Netprofits

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:58:32 PM

Excellent!  I rate that up there with Zhou Tonged's 'End of Silk Road'.
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

If I understand it right, no BTC is lost, they just need fix the code and resend BTC. Will take many days probably, but nothing exceptional on mtGox
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

Waiting 4 days now, no response from Mtgox support, no annoucement from Mtgox.
JMATTH33

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:27:45 PM

Ive been waiting 50+ hours for a Bitcoin transfer to show up. Interestingly I made a ticket for support after 2 hours. I also just made a test ticket...see the tickets below

#199907 Withdrawn Bitcoin not showing in blockchain/wallet (48 hours ago)

#201586 test test (just then)

1679 support tickets in 48 hours

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:45:58 PM

Is there a similar tread for intersango? I've btc stuck there since November...

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
peteMelbs

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:39:30 AM

the number of failed transaction dropped from approx 770 to 429, so fingers crossed, this isn't anything serious.
peteMelbs

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

I've been waiting from saturday!!

Just got this message from support:

Damien, Jan 28 12:49:

Dear Valued customer,

Thank you for your email and sincere apologies for the delay.

Due to a technical issue this weekend we broadcast again every transaction to Bitcoin Network but it take sometimes for the network to spread the change. Our developers are actively on a solution to speed up the process but it may take up to 48h to fix the issue.

We sincerely apologies for the inconveniences.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

What do people think? Is it legit?
Danglebee

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:01:58 AM

It look real and have no link to click. see inside email header

peteMelbs

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:41:03 AM

Just got a BTC withdrawal from Mt Gox (0.7 btc). It only took 15 mins. Still waiting on one more from Saturday.
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:05:05 AM

Is it better to just get BTC out and take a hair cut, or try to withdraw USD via wire to US bank? I don't mind waiting if it'll eventually be sent, I'm just worried I'll never get it.
mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:28:33 AM

Is it better to just get BTC out and take a hair cut, or try to withdraw USD via wire to US bank? I don't mind waiting if it'll eventually be sent, I'm just worried I'll never get it.

The only way to withdraw USD from Gox is the very little advertised emergency withdrawal with 5% extra fee (and more than 6 weeks' wait). This has been true for several months now.

EUR and JPY are a separate matter. They do seem to work (with barely acceptable delays, but still).
peteMelbs

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:48:07 AM

I reckon things will be fine, withdrawals seem to be working again. If you panic now, you're going crystallize your loss.
opet (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:45:16 AM

I took the haircut late last night (@1013.5), and then it dropped to my previous exit point (@925) this evening... lost ~10% in BTC... DOH!! Sad

Meanwhile, 75% of my coins are stuck (again!) with broken withdrawal TX... Double-DOH!
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:46:01 AM

I took the haircut late last night, and then it dropped to my previous exit point this evening... DOH!! Sad

Meanwhile, 75% of my coins are stuck with broken TX... Double-DOH!
Everything will be fine. Stop worrying.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
opet (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:49:45 AM

I took the haircut late last night, and then it dropped to my previous exit point this evening... DOH!! Sad

Meanwhile, 75% of my coins are stuck with broken TX... Double-DOH!
Everything will be fine. Stop worrying.
I'm mostly annoyed and worried about the thousands in potential earnings that I'm missing out on during this drop.  I'm also concerned that it may take 5-7 days, which means BTC could tank (based on Chinese drama) before I get my coins back to sell.

These are legitimate concerns, so I'm not sure how/why people downplay them as though they're meaningless.  I guess it's not your money, though, right?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: