Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176889 times)
Bitnicity

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:44:39 PM

I tried to withdrawl 0.1BTC and it worked... Shocked Cheesy

ok, of course, you paid 1% fee.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Smoked

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:54:39 PM

Cypress Hill ~ When The Ship Goes Down =)
PopEDX

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:24:40 PM

I withdrew 0.7 BTC yesterday and the transaction has not gone through. (This was to a blockchain.info wallet)

I withdrew 1.1 BTC on Sunday and the transaction went through immediately. (This was to a local Bitcoin qt wallet)

Is anyone else using a blockchain.info wallet?
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:41:33 PM

I withdrew 0.7 BTC yesterday and the transaction has not gone through. (This was to a blockchain.info wallet)

I withdrew 1.1 BTC on Sunday and the transaction went through immediately. (This was to a local Bitcoin qt wallet)

Your and anyone else trouble are not what wallet we are using. Its about tx spended output where mtgox need to double spend and broadcast tx again.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:27:28 PM

Tried 0.1 a couple of hours ago, and nothing coming

http://coinwatch.wordpress.com/

Good article, blames Karpeles for it:

"According to Bitcoin Developer Mike Hearn, Mt.Gox is running a customized version of the Bitcoin software which is maintained by Karpeles himself, and the ongoing problems are leading to the assumption that for some reason he is currently unable to fix it."

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
il--ya

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:15:50 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x4yqe/mtgox_btc_withdrawal_doublespending/
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:16:33 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:19:39 PM by tvbcof

Tried 0.1 a couple of hours ago, and nothing coming

http://coinwatch.wordpress.com/

Good article, blames Karpeles for it:

"According to Bitcoin Developer Mike Hearn, Mt.Gox is running a customized version of the Bitcoin software which is maintained by Karpeles himself, and the ongoing problems are leading to the assumption that for some reason he is currently unable to fix it."

Great article!

Supposed by this guy who saw @magicalfux on IRC, Mark is busying himself by helping imbeciles figure out their scanning software or something:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451951.0

Karpeles has so far not commented on the issue, and is apparently not even in touch with fellow members of the Foundation, of which Mt.Gox is one of the two only “Gold” members.

They might try looking to the resort community on the Western end of the island paradise of Cuba.  It's a popular location for those who are on the U.S. govt's shit-list and I've heard that the group water-sports to be found there are not to be missed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:04:52 PM

Yesterday I managed to get out a few coins in a couple of transactions.
An hour ago I tried a small (less than 0.5 XBT) withdrawal and its still on on the blockchain...

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
infoman

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:12:27 PM

Your and anyone else trouble are not what wallet we are using. Its about tx spended output where mtgox need to double spend and broadcast tx again.

Hi Alfabitcoin,

I was just wondering, does the sending completely random? or is there a time limit sugested to be kept between withdrawals for higher chance to go through?

or it is just a russian roulette with really low chances of winning?

cheers
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:18:24 PM

Russian rulet have good chanche for win. 1:6  Cheesy

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
infoman

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:23:50 PM

haha, you are right. Wink
on an other thread someone mentioned 15% success rate (based on 73 withdrawals), russian roulette is 16.666%

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:46:28 PM

haha, you are right. Wink
on an other thread someone mentioned 15% success rate (based on 73 withdrawals), russian roulette is 16.666%

Its random. I got two stuck withdraw and think i wont try again until it fixed. At least you can trade if needed and with btc in limbo just can not do anything. I chatted on irc and said it would be better to suspend btc withdraws and fix the bugs urgent. But they think better small chance then none. I think with failed tx they just make a things worst and dont acualy work on fixing the bugs.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:27:40 AM

hey whats up?..withdrawl are working flawlessly again Huh Cheesy
skyrunner

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:36:16 AM

i just did 7 withdrawals 1-2 btc, only 3 for 1 btc arrived

russian roulette is 83% chance of success actually. depends what you understand by success of course
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:52:02 AM

i just did 7 withdrawals 1-2 btc, only 3 for 1 btc arrived

russian roulette is 83% chance of success actually. depends what you understand by success of course

It actually depends a bit how many rounds your piece can chamber.  My 357 only chambers 5 rounds.  And, of course, playing with an automatic changes the odds significantly as well.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
will580

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:53:02 AM

I tried withdrawing ~5 btc from Mt.Gox yesterday. It stopped saying the address was invalid (it was giving me that error before when I tried) and took the money out / claimed to process the transaction. That said, over 24 hours later and nothing has shown up on the blockchain. I sent in a support ticket earlier today. I've had my share of problems with Mt.Gox before, so I don't think that my btc is gone for good. While I feel like they're quite incompetent, I don't think they're trying to outright take our money away from us. That said, once I get everything out of there, I'm done with them for the foreseeable future. I know people have been experiencing issues with Coinbase, but it's not nearly as many as with Gox. I've had some success using it so I'll use Coinbase for now.
skyrunner

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:25:50 AM

I tried withdrawing ~5 btc from Mt.Gox yesterday. It stopped saying the address was invalid (it was giving me that error before when I tried) and took the money out / claimed to process the transaction. That said, over 24 hours later and nothing has shown up on the blockchain. I sent in a support ticket earlier today. I've had my share of problems with Mt.Gox before, so I don't think that my btc is gone for good. While I feel like they're quite incompetent, I don't think they're trying to outright take our money away from us. That said, once I get everything out of there, I'm done with them for the foreseeable future. I know people have been experiencing issues with Coinbase, but it's not nearly as many as with Gox. I've had some success using it so I'll use Coinbase for now.

use better paper wallets, how I wish I used my brains+cold storage
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:06:12 AM

I took me money out in about 40 transactions. I was trying to find a pattern. The transactions that go though seem to show up right away. It could be a coincidence but some addresses seem to work better then others. Mostly when I had a transaction go though, I would then send a much larger transaction the next time. Mainly because I kept getting 2 good transactions in a row. I was able to get 75% of my funds out successfully. Could just be luck though.
LarryLiu

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:12:04 AM

First I apologize for repeating my own post from another thread. I did a quick analysis over the failed transaction data published at: https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php
It led me to believe perhaps there is a legitimate technical issue here at play. Those failed transactions seem to be "timing" related. Bad wallet/transaction timing issue could occur if they're experimenting with some kind of concurrent process for trading or withdrawals, or trying to cycle/reuse wallet addresses. I'm speculating that some withdrawals from certain addresses took place before those addresses are actually being properly credited (from other concurrent transaction processes, supposedly). If this is indeed what they're experiencing, it could explain why large amount BTC withdrawals are more susceptible to this problem (since those TXs more likely involve more addresses from other transactions). 
This may also explain why Gox has been relatively muted about it, given such issues are often difficult to explain to customers; plus they do have
a simple but inefficient solution/fix here, that is just keep trying the failed transactions, perhaps shuffling the order of the TXs a little bit before each try. Eventually the TX dependencies should workout on their own.
Bitnicity

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:16:06 AM

I took me money out in about 40 transactions. I was trying to find a pattern. The transactions that go though seem to show up right away. It could be a coincidence but some addresses seem to work better then others. Mostly when I had a transaction go though, I would then send a much larger transaction the next time. Mainly because I kept getting 2 good transactions in a row. I was able to get 75% of my funds out successfully. Could just be luck though.

are you withdrawing like 1 or 2 btc per batch? 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: