Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176889 times)
charliemaggot

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:26:43 PM

I got my 10 BTC refunded, from a stuck transfer on 25th.

I just sent a 0.5 BTC (because I hear larger transaction mess up). Nope, it's stuck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:36:56 PM

goodbye bitcoin, goodbye my USD,

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Prodigal

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:38:07 PM

Soooooooo after all the panic and whining, they are actually NOT stealing the coins, just being slow and incompetent?

How surprising Roll Eyes

how did you figure this out? they told you?

Nope, simply hundreds of peeps got their stuck coins back, if you would read any of the comments Smiley

Not so fast, crediting back btc to accounts cost them NOTHING. They are just BUYING TIME. Try to withdraw any significant amount from it, and you will see failing again. I've tried several > 5 BTC withdrawals in a raw from the credited back balance, and they ALL FAILED.

It's not a good news at all, it's a another red flag, meaning they try to calm people down without improving the situation. We must act now by legal means.

We have formed a group, and we have around 1400 BTC at stake together. If you want to join us, please PM me.
Have you sent out any replies? I sent you a PM a few days ago but didnt get a response.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:41:43 PM

Update - Statement Regarding BTC Withdrawal Delays

Maria Feb 04 • Announcements / Announcements

Dear MtGox Customers,

As noted recently, we are currently experiencing a problem where some bitcoin withdrawals are not being transferred correctly, affecting a limited number of users. Currently the problem is being fixed, but many previous transactions did not go through over the past days. Those transactions have now been returned to customer accounts in full, so any transactions that appeared to be "stuck" should now be refunded.

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions, so we appreciate your patience as we fix the issue. Smaller transactions should be fine in the meantime, and we will update you on the status as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MtGox Team

So they send your BTC back to your account to do what? Trade more and pay more fees to them? Can't withdraw fiat in any meaningful manner.

Looks like they are trying to buy time.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

paltoco

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:02:48 PM

I have also my BTC stucked in my wallet (2.47 coins exactly), but in my case I have it frozen because i made a deposit as unverified (i thought this rules is only applied for fiat currency deposits and withdrawals).

In my case i support is acting quite fast and my appliance was denied - it was my fault so i sent new documents today.

So, reasuming, first appliance denied, support answered - all happened in less than 20 hours - it's not bad response time.

I fall in this because i saw big hole between gox and others rates...

I think we should all calm down. Especially we, who have less than 10 coins in our wallets and wait for the things to sort out. When we panic the gox team have much more "current" work to do.

My example shows that not all gox users have their support tickets unanswered for days. Probably not all have withdrawal issues.

Facts are simple, MtGox is the oldest exchange which held a lot of really bad situations, and I'm almost sure it'll be good. I hope so, cause I left them all money i currently have "free".
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:08:57 PM

I think, Withdrawals on Gox will be normalized, when the bitcoin price comes at 10 usd.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
btcinsight

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:30:14 PM

Some of the TX are not on the skanner anymore.

I personally have several withdrawal transactions, which have just disappeared. So it seems MtGox has stopped acknowledging some of outstanding withdrawals. It's getting even worse...

Bitrated user: 2btcinsight.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:30:53 PM

I think, Withdrawals on Gox will be normalized, when the bitcoin price comes at 10 usd.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:15:21 PM

Some of the TX are not on the skanner anymore.

I personally have several withdrawal transactions, which have just disappeared. So it seems MtGox has stopped acknowledging some of outstanding withdrawals. It's getting even worse...

They've change the structure of bitcoin_tx and remove some data for security purposes.. thereby hiding the stats..

< BitCoroner> MagicalTux: why can't we see the raw transactions anymore on https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php ?
 <@MagicalTux> BitCoroner, because phantomcircuit found a security issue with showing this

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
paltoco

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

So please update your experience, a lot of you guys probably still trying to withdraw some coins, anybody get it done?
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:26:21 PM

So frustrating with these clowns .... they actually refunded my withdrawal.

So I try to send to another address, and .........

Yes, it's stuck again

Wait 8 days, get the magic beans, then the magic beans are swiped as soon as I try to take ownership of them

I believe Gox is in trouble and doesn't have the BTC or money to pay every person asking.

Please follow me and retweet - especially if you have friends in the media, and also to the bozos at the Bitcoin Foundation

https://twitter.com/Broken_Gox

http://brokengox.info/

Gox is finished, at least I think it is, but the longer people pay money into it the longer it will keep the scam up.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:29:44 PM

.. the longer people pay money into it the longer it will keep the scam up.

Hmm maybe. Are successful withdrawals coming only from new deposits now?

Miles

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:59:17 PM

ditto @ rikkejohn

they refunded, tried to send again,  lo and behold stuck again

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:14:41 AM

These guys are taking advantage of an unregulated market and the greed of those that have yet to come to harm.

They need exposing for the crook, halfwits or incompetents they really are. The Bitcoin Foundation is also just a pathetic puppet made for the benefit of the few.

Thomas Hobbes versus John Locke

Old Tommy had it right all along.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:06:54 AM

I really don´t get it.....who the fuck is still bidding 930 dollars for not existing, unwithdrawable, doublspend Mt. Vesuvius - fantasy bitcoins ??---thats an unbelievabe 130 dollars more than

for real ones which can be bought and withdrawn instantly at every other exchange -------------------the bitcoin world has become completly lunatic Cool
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:11:54 AM

Why anyone stayed on Gox after the last few months is beyond me... 
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:11:56 AM

They've change the structure of bitcoin_tx and remove some data for security purposes.. thereby hiding the stats..

< BitCoroner> MagicalTux: why can't we see the raw transactions anymore on https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php ?
 <@MagicalTux> BitCoroner, because phantomcircuit found a security issue with showing this

Which is complete and utter nonsense.  Every raw tx ever made and which will ever be made is available in the blockchain.  There is absolutely no security issue by making the raw tx known.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:32:33 AM

Which is complete and utter nonsense.  Every raw tx ever made and which will ever be made is available in the blockchain.  There is absolutely no security issue by making the raw tx known.

Possibly there is. This is a guess, but by making the raw transaction known it could allow someone to alter the DER encoding of the signature scripts producing a clone of the transaction with different hash. If the modified transaction is then broadcast and confirms before the original Mt.gox may check the original transaction hash and see the outpoints have been double spent then resend the payment using new inputs resulting in the withdrawal been paid twice. It really depends on how Mt.gox detects a failed transaction.

skyrunner

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:37:13 AM

Which is complete and utter nonsense.  Every raw tx ever made and which will ever be made is available in the blockchain.  There is absolutely no security issue by making the raw tx known.

Possibly there is. This is a guess, but by making the raw transaction known it could allow someone to alter the DER encoding of the signature scripts producing a clone of the transaction with different hash. If the modified transaction is then broadcast and confirms before the original Mt.gox may check the original transaction hash and see the outpoints have been double spent then resend the payment using new inputs resulting in the withdrawal been paid twice. It really depends on how Mt.gox detects a failed transaction.

piuk, so what is you general guess about the situation? should we be calling lawyers? or it is a glitch
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:48:25 AM

piuk, so what is you general guess about the situation? should we be calling lawyers? or it is a glitch

In my experience when sending a lot of bitcoin payments it is quite easy to get out of sync with the blockchain and get into a mess which is difficult to untangle - so it is certainly possible that it is a glitch. But I don't really know enough about the situation so don't quote me on that!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: