Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176889 times)
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:58:52 PM

I received my BTC withdrawal today after 4 days delay

Has it come there automatically ?  or how many tickets were needed ? got the support even involved?

Thanks

I wrote to the IRC support 2 days ago. But I don't think they sent me BTC manually. It looks like their system tried to send BTC automatically several times, and the last attempt was successful. Pure luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:11:41 AM

Do the employees over there still get their salary, if there should be anyone left(employees or money) Cheesy Cheesy .

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:27:10 AM

I had 10- 100 BTC withdrawals sent last Wednesday, 0 of which arrived and are stuck. (It's been 6 days)

I had 2- 100 BTC withdrawals sent last Sunday.  1 arrived immediately, 1 got stuck.

Note:  This same thing happened to me around Nov. 27, 2013 (double spent coins) and 6 days later they showed up.

I'm out 1100.  I'm managing coins for a bunch of people as a favor.  OUCH.  PLEASE MT GOX COME THROUGH!  How can they be short of BTC with all the commission we give them.  They are a recommended exchange through the foundation

Have your missing 1100 BTC made some progress or has the well run dry finally?

thanks
steadymobbin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:30:18 AM

I had 10- 100 BTC withdrawals sent last Wednesday, 0 of which arrived and are stuck. (It's been 6 days)

I had 2- 100 BTC withdrawals sent last Sunday.  1 arrived immediately, 1 got stuck.

Note:  This same thing happened to me around Nov. 27, 2013 (double spent coins) and 6 days later they showed up.

I'm out 1100.  I'm managing coins for a bunch of people as a favor.  OUCH.  PLEASE MT GOX COME THROUGH!  How can they be short of BTC with all the commission we give them.  They are a recommended exchange through the foundation

thanks

No progress other than what I had mentioned in previous posts.
zyk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:34:22 AM

Ouch, some serious money is held up here. I thought my 30 BTC was a lot (5 days now...). 1100 BTC? Wow.

I think he meant 1100$.

From the looks of the following website, which I guess every MtGox client whose transaction hasn't appeared on the blockchain yet has been closely monitoring (http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php), one could make two comments:
-Big transactions (50-200BTC) have an estimated transaction size much bigger than small transactions (0.xxxBTC), although this prioritization only happened lately
-Transactions are slowly being processed (personally my transaction had a size of 956 on Mon.-Tues., now this value is getting smaller and smaller).

Here (http://thegoxreport.com/) you can see that the number of daily failed TXs have dropped by 300 (out of 1000+ transactions = 30% decrease) in the past hours.
actually, I think he did mean 1100 BTC.   Shocked

That said, the number of broken TX just DOUBLED in the last hour!!!!!!!  It was down to around 800, but has now jumped to 1700!  Things just got very VERY serious.

75% of my coin worth is currently stuck in limbo, and even their manual rebroadcast of my coins failed AGAIN early this morning.

get out the pitchforks, boys... we're about to go to war.

EDIT:  thegoxreport.com is broken, so the true count is no longer on Dizko's charts there.  You have to use skanner.net to see the current broken TX![/b]

some news on the OP?.....not just that the count is 1476 right now.... Undecided
zyk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:02:52 AM

good news...the count deliberatly went down to 570....bad news: none of my 3 failed tx of different amounts which were seen in the scanner  entered  the chain....one of them is not even found  in the scanner anymore  Undecided

good news : I made 4 new withdrawls right now of which three of ´em immediatly entered the blockchain ! Cheesy

bad news: the fourth and there I tried the biggest amount of 5 BTC got stuck again Embarrassed
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:42:27 AM

thanks

You're a dumbass for admitting of breaking their ToS. They can actually seize and lock your account. What are you? 10?

scaw

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:00:07 PM

And youre one of the dumbest persons ever. You ever thought if hes got a trusted account with 10k BTC daily withdrawal limit, you idiot?

Better ask before insulting other people.

steadymobbin

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:07:46 PM

thanks

You're a dumbass for admitting of breaking their ToS. They can actually seize and lock your account. What are you? 10?

Care to elaborate?  Because to me, you are the one sounding like the 10 year old retard
scaw

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:48:09 PM

He implies that you have a verified account where the daily withdrawal is 100 BTC. You withdrew 1000 BTC in one day which would be only possible by cheating the system with a verified account. With a trusted account however you can withdraw up to 10000
zyk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

You should refer to them when talking about breach of ToS !

What is a bitcoin exchange where you can´t withdraw bitcoins and support can´t or don´t want to do anything about counting in weeks by now Huh

That got to be closed by Fincen !

Cheers
richardweiming

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:04:21 PM

No doubt
They will be closed very soon.
Every kind of withdraw will be slower than slower. It seems they are not dead, actually they are. You can't get anything out at the end.
BreathOfZen

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:35:14 PM

According to The Gox Report, daily broken BTC amount is currently going up by 7,000 a day (and rising), for a current deficit of 35,000 BTC. Does anyone have a figure of the total BTC deposited in their system? This would serve as a pretty good timer for when they will finally collapse.

Aoeui Artifacts
MrWr1TeR

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:19:54 PM

They are expirencing some unusual kind of a DoS attack. As I get it, someone deposits his gox account with lots of dust (small) transactions.
And when you try to withdraw your BTC, Gox uses its hot wallet which is full of that dust.  So, it builds your tx from that dust, and your tx becomes too large (with lots of small inputs).

Thanks for explaining... Still waiting on my coins or a reply...
steadymobbin

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

They are expirencing some unusual kind of a DoS attack. As I get it, someone deposits his gox account with lots of dust (small) transactions.
And when you try to withdraw your BTC, Gox uses its hot wallet which is full of that dust.  So, it builds your tx from that dust, and your tx becomes too large (with lots of small inputs).

Anyone with programming knowledge think this a fixable problem?  If so what is a reasonable amount of time, like a few days?  What are chances they are just being lazy vs. committing some sort of heist?  I hope I'm not falsely optimistic.  Sad

zyk

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:55:38 AM

PLATFORM TRANSACTION PROCESS FOR BITCOIN TRANSFER TRANSACTIONS

Members may at any time transfer any amount of Bitcoins to any other Members as well as any other Bitcoin users even if they are not Members (the “Transferee”).

Bitcoin Transfer Transactions may be initiated at any time from the following page: https://mtgox.com/index.html. Transferees shall be identified by their bitcoin address.

Members shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any transfer of Bitcoins to a Transferee shall be a valid and legal transaction not infringing any laws including money-laundering laws and regulations.

MtGox’s responsibility shall be limited to using reasonable technical efforts to ensure the receipt of the Bitcoins transferred. When conducting Bitcoin Transfer Transactions with a Bitcoin user who is not a Member, MtGox’s responsibility shall be further limited to ensuring the transfer of the necessary technical data to the Bitcoin peer-to-peer network.

No Commission of any kind will be charged by MtGox for Bitcoin Transfer Transactions.

PLATFORM TRANSACTION PROCESS FOR PURCHASE TRANSACTIONS

Members may purchase a USB secure key “YubiKey” at the conditions and price set forth at https://yubikey.mtgox.com/. The USB secure key allows a Member to manage his/her MtGox account more securely. A manufacturer’s warranty is provided with the USB secure key. Please refer to the details of the manufacturer's warranty at http://www.yubico.com/yubikey. MtGox shall not replace any key lost by a Member.

Members may also purchase Bitcoin gift codes at the conditions and price set forth at https://mtgox.com/trade/funding-options. Gift codes are redeemable by any Member and may be delivered by emailing the gift code to the receiving Member. MtGox shall not be responsible should the gift codes not be redeemed. Gift codes are valid until redeemed. Gift codes are refundable at any time.

MT. GOX'S OBLIGATIONS

Except in the case of Purchase Transactions, Members acknowledge and agree that, when completing Transactions, they are trading with other Members, and Members accept that MtGox acts only as an intermediary in such Transactions and not as a counterparty to any trade. It is thus the Members’ and should the case arise, the Sellers’ and the Buyers’ responsibility to comply with any and all laws and regulations relating to the Transactions.

MtGox represents and warrants that:
it will use all reasonable care and skill in facilitating the matching of offers of the Members on the Site via the Platform to conclude Transactions.
all purchase and sale offers, as well as Bitcoin Purchase Transactions, made on the Platform, will be managed in an anonymous manner so that Buyers and Sellers will not know each other.
the Transaction Price is calculated on the basis of actual matched offers made by Buyers and Sellers participating in the bidding process on the Platform combined with the applicable Commission.
once offers to buy or sell Bitcoins are matched, such offers may not be withdrawn.
Transfer of Bitcoins in a Transfer Transaction may not be withdrawn.
it will hold all monetary sums and all Bitcoins deposited by each Member in its Account, in that Member's name as registered in their Account details, and on such Member's behalf.
it shall comply with any and all laws and regulations relating to offering the Platform.

So now its not anymore reasonable to excuse the missing of their contractual obligations by broken tx causes more broken tx.blablabla...whats-o-ever....

They are infringing their own ToS and should be notified to send the missing bitcoins out of their or even Marks pocket directly to the tortured owners !!

Who else wants  them to be be notified by a laywer ??

Subject to the foregoing, MtGox's aggregate liability in respect of claims based on events arising out of or in connection with a Member's use of the Site and/or Platform, whether in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the greater of either (a) the total amount held on Account for the Member making a claim less any amount of Commission that may be due and payable in respect of such Account; or (b) 125% of the amount of the Transaction(s) that are the subject of the claim less any amount of Commission that may be due and payable in respect of such Transaction(s).

Those 25 % of 125 should be enough for employing one Wink
steadymobbin

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:00:03 AM

Great pull.  Where do you think the lawyer would need to be licensed? 
zyk

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:44:34 AM

http://www.horitsu-sodan.jp/s_center/fore_english.html
uck

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:48:30 AM

Does anyone else find it humourous that the legal center for foreigners has an appointment line that only speaks Japanese?  I guess you have to walk in if you can't talk the talk?

zyk

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:10:48 AM

yeah thats funny but it can be done by fax...

whats Mt. Gox actual Fax number?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: