Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:26:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin on movies  (Read 616 times)
iamlds08 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:02:03 PM
Merited by creepyjas (2), RareFortune (2), memyselfandi (2), mongkie (1), Papsie (1), lunatics14 (1)

i've seen a 2016 movie titled "HACKER" and also in netflix's "the heist"  dragging bitcoin as hackers money /dirty money/ bad guys money and i find it wrong because they are creating a negative connotation on bitcoin. i think it is high time to restructure the image of bitcoin on movies.
is there other movies that portray bitcoin in a protagonist side?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robresno

Activity: 24
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 03:12:05 PM

In the series Billions they talk about getting paid in cryptocurrency in several episodes. A hedge-fund manager got banned from trading by the government so he'll name another guy as the head of trading, direct the trades and get paid in cryptocurrency so the government can't see that.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:15:59 PM

i've seen a 2016 movie titled "HACKER" and also in netflix's "the heist"  dragging bitcoin as hackers money /dirty money/ bad guys money and i find it wrong because they are creating a negative connotation on bitcoin. i think it is high time to restructure the image of bitcoin on movies.

Maybe not yet.
Because not many movie producers make a movie about bitcoin since bitcoin is not really popular in this world, so the movie industry is nor interest to make a movie about it.
Maybe it will be several movies about it when it becomes popular in the future.
iamlds08 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:16:58 PM

In the series Billions they talk about getting paid in cryptocurrency in several episodes. A hedge-fund manager got banned from trading by the government so he'll name another guy as the head of trading, direct the trades and get paid in cryptocurrency so the government can't see that.

another bad image for crypto because it needs a dummy name to transact. it is high time to break that image of being illegal when it comes in cryptocurrencies.
Coin_Maven

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:18:25 PM

Axe!
iamlds08 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:19:55 PM

Maybe not yet.
Because not many movie producers make a movie about bitcoin since bitcoin is not really popular in this world, so the movie industry is nor interest to make a movie about it.
Maybe it will be several movies about it when it becomes popular in the future.

why not? ashton kutcher, a well known actor donated to ellen degeneres 4 million usd worth of ripple for her charity. (this is a situation where crypto money is being protagonist)
iamlds08 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:21:05 PM
Merited by bryle10 (1)

Axe!

what axe? please elaborate.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:22:43 PM

this is why there are still many people who are afraid to use digital currency. I really want to make a movie to change the image of people to digital currency and bitcoin, but I'm a director  Grin
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:23:09 PM

Good topic. Its not true that movie will always show the right. A movie is made on a idea base on a specific person's thought. Which can be right or not. But its true that it is very bad to show negative sign like this. I think gentlemen will study and learn instead of believing the spam idea.  
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:29:13 PM

Movies does not always portray reality. It can be manipulated so it is not a good basis. But it can stir curiosity and provide awareness to the world. I saw some series who also shown ICO's, tokens and altcoins, bitcoin mining. These all provide good awareness, they may not always portray bitcoin as good but will inspire some to dig into cryptocurrency.
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:34:54 PM

The serie called StartUp, put crypto, in an even worse spotlight than those Netflix movies, but it's still a good serie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/
Wong owah

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:38:38 PM

bitcoin in the movie does not exist yet, but if on youtube a short movie or understanding of bitcoin forums a lot and also that will fall bitcoin also exist, so the bitcoin forum appeared on television, and bitcoin price decreased in because of issues that are not good to bitcoin .
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

The serie called StartUp, put crypto, in an even worse spotlight than those Netflix movies, but it's still a good serie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/

not really negative as it didnt really hype up things like silk road...
.. what it did do though, is create the hype of ICO's

yep that series created the idea of ICO fundraising for crapcoins

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:42:46 PM

movies and tv series has big importance when it comes to adaptation of crypto currencies. I remember there was one whole serie was devoted to bitcoin in big bang theory. when people watch those tv series, they can get more interested in.  
osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:45:41 PM

I do not know the film that describes the bitcoin on the side of the protagonist. most movies do explain bitcoin used for crime. according to such films make people think negative to bitcoin

suraza21

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:50:21 PM

Have you seen the movie with the appearance of bitcoin? Have you ever seen a bitcoin in any movie? Please tell me if I want to watch movies with pictures of digital money appear. it will wonderful .
iamlds08 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

Movies does not always portray reality. It can be manipulated so it is not a good basis. But it can stir curiosity and provide awareness to the world. I saw some series who also shown ICO's, tokens and altcoins, bitcoin mining. These all provide good awareness, they may not always portray bitcoin as good but will inspire some to dig into cryptocurrency.

Either fiction or non-fiction it's already a bad image. Though it is publicity we should fix the bad connotation on bitcoin.How can we possibly do it?
iamlds08 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:29:06 PM

I do not know the film that describes the bitcoin on the side of the protagonist. most movies do explain bitcoin used for crime. according to such films make people think negative to bitcoin

yes that negative image must end for the bitcoin to be fully adopted by the masses and clear the doubt that bitcoin is scam and illegal.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:34:25 PM

I haven't seen many movies about Bitcoin. I think that btc will become more popular soon and we will see it everywhere, including media. Some images aren't fair saying that btc is not legit. I am sure this will change soon

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:39:34 PM

Well, you know how media goes, the more sensationalized the better.

Portraying btc as a dangerous, underground thing will appeal more on an entertainment level instead of focusing on it's benefits.

A pretty funny portrayal of btc and crypto can be found in the recent season of the HBO show, Silicon Valley.
One of the characters has an automatic alarm that goes off when btc hits a certain low threshold signaling that it is no longer profitable to mine.
So he can remotely turn off his mining rig.
The alarm goes off all the time and his response is a deadpan, "Well, it is volatile."
Their company then goes on to do an ico.

The hard truth of btc is that it really isn't anything movie worthy.
Even a biopic on Satoshi would fail because there just isn't that much known about him.

Eventually, btc will be seen and accepted for what it truly is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: