Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Overclock the Antminer S1 to 200GH/s] The EASY way! - updated to 393.75MHz ASIC  (Read 26059 times)
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

Any code for underclocked to have 1wattvper gh from s1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
palawan (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

I have to upload the asic-freq with the lower frequency value. 
Which frequency do you want to try?  Below are the list:

Code:
        option 'freq_value'    '4f81'  #400MHz        
        option 'chip_freq'     '400'       
        option 'timeout'       '35'        

#option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #350MHz <-- factory default
        #option 'chip_freq'      '350'       
        #option 'timeout'        '40'        

#option 'freq_value'    '4c81'  #325MHz
        #option 'chip_freq'     '325'       
        #option 'timeout'       '40'        

#option 'freq_value'    '0b81'  #300MHz
        #option 'chip_freq'     '300'       
        #option 'timeout'       '45'        

#option 'freq_value'    '0981'  #250MHz
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'       
        #option 'timeout'       '55'        

#option 'freq_value'    '0781'  #200MHz

[/quote]

halu
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:31:07 AM

Have you seen anywhere done, 1watt/ gh/s for S1?

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
mmcgehee

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:19:24 PM

I've over-clocked my S1s.  They run a little faster. 

Do I expose myself to any risk of damage to the hardware, in doing this?  Once established they all run at 400MHz, and assuming I keep them cool, do I have nothing more to be concerned about as far as risk?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:31:29 PM

there is no reason to underclock the S1 unless you are paying something like $0.50/kwh at this moment.

overclocking it to 198GH/410W is more cost-effective for the bulk of owners right now, and will probably stay that way until june when bringing it down to stock speeds for a bit better efficiency makes sense

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
tzortz

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:06:39 PM

there is no reason to underclock the S1 unless you are paying something like $0.50/kwh at this moment.

overclocking it to 198GH/410W is more cost-effective for the bulk of owners right now, and will probably stay that way until june when bringing it down to stock speeds for a bit better efficiency makes sense

You do not regard power limits for many of us here. Im on the limit with 24 ants overclocked making 4.9 th/s.

If I underclock, according to my calculations, I can add a dozen more ants , maintain my power consumption  and exceed my currect hash speed.

All is Mine!

palawan (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:08:16 PM

You do not regard power limits for many of us here. Im on the limit with 24 ants overclocked making 4.9 th/s.

If I underclock, according to my calculations, I can add a dozen more ants , maintain my power consumption  and exceed my currect hash speed.

At the request of another user; I've uploaded customized asic-files 300MHz and 325MHz and sent it to a user here.  I can post the links here if there's interest.  I don't know the effect on power usage as I don't underclock.

It's the reason the S2 is so tempting to me...  1TH's for 1000W, wow!  I just don't have the $ or BTC for it 

halu
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:00:09 PM

Does anyone have the config parameters to run these at 375 MHz? Apparently not every unit will overclock well at 400 MHz.

As long as you don't have the very early Antminer S1 blade; this is the value  from the Antminer PDF that is posted by Bitmaintech.

option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'
        option 'timeout'        '38'

I've used this a few times when the weather gets too warm here in Los Angeles.  It produces about 190+GH/s

Edit:  I see wedgy2k has already posted the same values.  I can vouch for it as I've used it quite a number of times.

Hello!

I'm trying to clock my Ant to 375, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've used your settings for 400, and 393 with no issues except way to high HW, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with the values you have posted here. I don't just copy/paste correct? I've tried that and do not get any change.

Thanks!!
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

Does anyone have the config parameters to run these at 375 MHz? Apparently not every unit will overclock well at 400 MHz.

As long as you don't have the very early Antminer S1 blade; this is the value  from the Antminer PDF that is posted by Bitmaintech.

I've used this a few times when the weather gets too warm here in Los Angeles.  It produces about 190+GH/s

Edit:  I see wedgy2k has already posted the same values.  I can vouch for it as I've used it quite a number of times.

Hello!

I'm trying to clock my Ant to 375, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've used your settings for 400, and 393 with no issues except way to high HW, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with the values you have posted here. I don't just copy/paste correct? I've tried that and do not get any change.

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

All is Mine!

LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:53:57 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Have the Printscreen pic, but I don't know how to paste it in, any ideas? I thought I did it in the past by just copy/paste, but it isn't working this time.
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:00:43 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Have the Printscreen pic, but I don't know how to paste it in, any ideas? I thought I did it in the past by just copy/paste, but it isn't working this time.

Upload it here https://imageshack.com/‎ and then copy paste your image link.

All is Mine!

LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:07:58 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Here ya go: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img801/1523/v4yc.jpg

I'm at work and playing around with it via Teamviewer, but I was trying last night before bed at home and couldn't get it then either.
tzortz

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:12:48 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Here ya go: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img801/1523/v4yc.jpg

I'm at work and playing around with it via Teamviewer, but I was trying last night before bed at home and couldn't get it then either.

Here is better

All is Mine!

LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:02:51 AM

Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!
palawan (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:26:47 AM

Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hi LouReed,  sorry very busy at work and I just saw your post just now.  Did you use the code/script from the OP?  You wish to change to 375MHz?  I can post the code here to copy and paste to your Ant if you used my script from the OP originally....

halu
LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hi LouReed,  sorry very busy at work and I just saw your post just now.  Did you use the code/script from the OP?  You wish to change to 375MHz?  I can post the code here to copy and paste to your Ant if you used my script from the OP originally....

Hey palawan!

Yes, I am using your script from the op. That would be awesome if you could make a copy/paste text again for 375 whenever you get a spare minute!

Are the BTC/LTC addies in your Youtube video still good for donations?

Thanks!!
palawan (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:53:18 PM

Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hey palawan!

Yes, I am using your script from the op. That would be awesome if you could make a copy/paste text again for 375 whenever you get a spare minute!

Thanks!!

Because you use the script in the OP, the files are already in the Antminer.  See below:

ssh to the Antminer as root and copy and paste the lines inside the box below:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400MHz
mv asic-freq.375MHz asic-freq
reboot

I'm using 393.75MHz (still gives me around 200GH/s) but with much less errors.  Unfortunately, not all the Antminer S1's are "the same" from factory.  I know you mentioned that you tried the 393.75MHz?  That would have needed for modification of the asic-freq file?

Good luck and let me know if you have problems.  At the end of the script, it will automatically reboot the Ant so it's normal.  Yea, the youtube addresses are still good, but please don't feel obligated  Smiley    Thank you very much.

halu
palawan (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:19:33 AM

bumped for newer ASIC's speed on the OP.  I've been using this for a few weeks now (maybe a month)....

halu
LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:52:34 AM

Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hey palawan!

Thanks!!

Because you use the script in the OP, the files are already in the Antminer.  See below:

ssh to the Antminer as root and copy and paste the lines inside the box below:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400MHz
mv asic-freq.375MHz asic-freq
reboot

I'm using 393.75MHz (still gives me around 200GH/s) but with much less errors.  Unfortunately, not all the Antminer S1's are "the same" from factory.  I know you mentioned that you tried the 393.75MHz?  That would have needed for modification of the asic-freq file?

Good luck and let me know if you have problems.  At the end of the script, it will automatically reboot the Ant so it's normal.  Yea, the youtube addresses are still good, but please don't feel obligated  Smiley    Thank you very much.

Thanks! Sorry it took so long to reply, just been crazy busy the last week! Shot you a little Bit tip the other day for putting the time in to make these easy to follow instructions! 375 has been working awesome for me! Getting 191.6 avg on all my miners and we'll under 1% errors on them too!

palawan (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:11:43 AM

Thanks! Sorry it took so long to reply, just been crazy busy the last week! Shot you a little Bit tip the other day for putting the time in to make these easy to follow instructions! 375 has been working awesome for me! Getting 191.6 avg on all my miners and we'll under 1% errors on them too!

Thank you very much!  I wasn't sure if it was you so I didn't want to mention it and put pressure.  Thanks again.  I put a new thread on load-balance if it's something that interests you.  It allows you to divide you Antminer S1 hash to multiple pools.

halu
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: