Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:41:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast Sierra's Owners Thread  (Read 23761 times)
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 01:53:10 AM

Anyone thinking of selling their Sierra unit? I did am Smiley [WTS] HashFast Sierra 1.3THs, In-hand in Australia - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576381.0

I'll be interested to see what offers I get. Altho the market size is much more limited in Australia I think.

I'll miss LARRY tho, was one of my best and easiest to run :~( Not too noisey as compared with my other miners.

Hash fast,
QG

More here: http://imgur.com/a/mRbMZ#o7nT7Jv

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

Anyone thinking of selling their Sierra unit? I did am Smiley [WTS] HashFast Sierra 1.3THs, In-hand in Australia - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576381.0

I'll be interested to see what offers I get. Altho the market size is much more limited in Australia I think.

I'll miss LARRY tho, was one of my best and easiest to run :~( Not too noisey as compared with my other miners.

Hash fast,
QG

More here: http://imgur.com/a/mRbMZ#o7nT7Jv

Why are you selling?
QuiveringGibbage

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:17:30 AM

Why are you selling?

I want this now... [Group Buy] 5.4 TH/s miner for $4,495, August delivery - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.msg6278746#msg6278746

I want both, but we can't have everything we want Smiley

QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:03:27 PM

August delivery? lol

You won't be fighting with me. All yours.
solarion

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:05:43 PM

Now that I've had some time to kick the tires and ambient temps have risen dramatically here, it's pretty clear that the sierra needs some cooling help, particularly overclocked. I've obtained appropriate fasteners to attach 3x delta afb1212she 120mm fans. These I will add to the front of the unit to create a push pull airflow arrangement through the radiators. Forgive me if all this has been gone over previously, I haven't been attentive to threads dealing with actual operation of the sierra as I figured I'd never see one.

I'll post the results of this operation if anyone is interested.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

I've put the --hfa-fan at 100%, I'm getting temperatures of about 80 degrees Celcius at 604 MHz

What numbers are you looking at, without the extra fans?
solarion

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

84c @ 604 mhz. Got the fans on and  temps are 79c presently. I don't believe I modified fan operation with my .bat file, but I'll give that a whirl too. Ambient is 28c.

REALLY ticks me off that hashlast is operated by such scumbags. I really like the unit.

Edit: well that doubled the volume. lol
QuiveringGibbage

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

Code:
 cgminer version 4.2.3 - Started: [2014-04-12 21:14:20]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):989.7G (1m):1.286T (5m):1.253T (15m):1.265T (avg):1.304Th/s
 A:247062578  R:631909  HW:1952292  WU:18217.9/m | ST: 4  SS: 119  NB: 1645  LW: 266003382  GF: 2  RF: 1
 Connected to au.ozco.in diff 627 with stratum as user quiveringgibbage.larry
 Block: 40fc94d8...  Diff:6.98G  Started: [07:57:51]  Best share: 291M
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 6: HFS LARRY   : 593MHz  86C  19% 0.79V  | 799.3G / 1.283Th/s WU:17935.4/m A:33200277 R:116622 HW:125393
 [2014-04-22 08:10:51] Accepted 2650d732 Diff 1.71K/627 HFS 0 pool 0
 [2014-04-22 08:10:51] Accepted 22782c96 Diff 1.9K/627 HFS 0 pool 0

fans at default, not sure what my ambient is atm

QG

Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:20:51 PM

My order 2992 was also batch 3 sierra.. I have ask for refund since 15 january, i send them 1000 mails about refund so they will really make a stupid mistake if they still sending the sierra , but im sure they know that im want a refund because i ask them too much and e-mail them 1000 times.

I just wait for my refund of 2992. I also will update here. i dont believe why you guys still wait for that rig, that is now nothin worth to mine... if i was you i should ask already for a refund.. my opinun then..

jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:21:18 PM

Now that I've had some time to kick the tires and ambient temps have risen dramatically here, it's pretty clear that the sierra needs some cooling help, particularly overclocked. I've obtained appropriate fasteners to attach 3x delta afb1212she 120mm fans. These I will add to the front of the unit to create a push pull airflow arrangement through the radiators. Forgive me if all this has been gone over previously, I haven't been attentive to threads dealing with actual operation of the sierra as I figured I'd never see one.

They are supposed to run about 85C. Thats the sweet spot temperature. Absolutely no reason that I'm aware of to run them cooler.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:28:27 PM

They are supposed to run about 85C. Thats the sweet spot temperature. Absolutely no reason that I'm aware of to run them cooler.
That's right. The code is designed to keep them 85~88 degrees. Any extra cooling does not improve their performance or help their longevity and only generates more noise and consumes more power.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
solarion

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:28:56 PM

Hey jd, my understanding is that 85c is the point in which the sierra begins to throttle. That doesn's sound like a sweetspot. Heat kills electronics and 85c is hot. Not sure where the single temp reading is being generated from however.

That's right. The code is designed to keep them 85~88 degrees. Any extra cooling does not improve their performance or help their longevity and only generates more noise and consumes more power.

so they do not throttle at 85c? When you say "keep them at 85~88" does that imply that there's an autoclocking mechanism at work? Similar to your autoclocking code with Avalons?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:35:18 PM

so they do not throttle at 85c? When you say "keep them at 85~88" does that imply that there's an autoclocking mechanism at work? Similar to your autoclocking code with Avalons?
No there is heaps of headroom at 85 degrees. Only the fans adjust to keep them at that temperature. They only clock down at much higher temperatures.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
solarion

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

No there is heaps of headroom at 85 degrees. Only the fans adjust to keep them at that temperature. They only clock down at much higher temperatures.

Thanks for clarifying. The fans are staying, I already bled to put them there. Cheesy Hard to get used to seeing your equipment exceeding 80c as normal.
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:11:33 AM

my order is in batch 4 (order number #35xx). I request for refund in the beginning of April (after HF said they will postpone the delivery for 3 months), and soon I received the mail asking me to fill in the refund information. To fasten the process speed, I chose BTC instead of bank wire transfer. However, after I send my refund particulars to HF, I lost contact with them. They didn't send me any acknowledgement nor telling me when I can receive the refund. I send them several mails and still no reply...

I wonder if anyone has received the refund yet? How long did the processing take?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:51:00 AM

I think u can wait 2-3 months more, because i already ask since 15 january and is confirm by Hashfast, i didnt have to fill in a refund form, because they dont exist only for batch 1 customers they have made that form.

Im now waiting 80-90 days since my first request, and they still saying they processing like they receive the request. Bull shit.

They dont do anything to speed up the process or anything. I am batch 2992, just imaging how long it will cost for people that have ask their refund after 15 january.

I still waiting, they still said they are close to payout me but anyway they delay again.
People there dont know eachother in the support team, its just a mess, they dont make notifications nothing.

So everything u ask they must answer again and again.. Bunch of mess arround there.

my order is in batch 4 (order number #35xx). I request for refund in the beginning of April (after HF said they will postpone the delivery for 3 months), and soon I received the mail asking me to fill in the refund information. To fasten the process speed, I chose BTC instead of bank wire transfer. However, after I send my refund particulars to HF, I lost contact with them. They didn't send me any acknowledgement nor telling me when I can receive the refund. I send them several mails and still no reply...

I wonder if anyone has received the refund yet? How long did the processing take?
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

I think u can wait 2-3 months more, because i already ask since 15 january and is confirm by Hashfast, i didnt have to fill in a refund form, because they dont exist only for batch 1 customers they have made that form.

Im now waiting 80-90 days since my first request, and they still saying they processing like they receive the request. Bull shit.

They dont do anything to speed up the process or anything. I am batch 2992, just imaging how long it will cost for people that have ask their refund after 15 january.

I still waiting, they still said they are close to payout me but anyway they delay again.
People there dont know eachother in the support team, its just a mess, they dont make notifications nothing.

So everything u ask they must answer again and again.. Bunch of mess arround there.

2-3 months to get the refund processed, such a "hash fast" processing speed...  lucky for you, at least HF has replied to you Smiley

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
solarion

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:46:48 AM

2-3 months to get the refund processed, such a "hash fast" processing speed...  lucky for you, at least HF has replied to you Smiley

They'll get more responsive with an AG's dress shoe up their ass.
kevin911

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:03:37 PM

stupid question coming up.
anyone received any notifications of batch 2 sierras being delivered?
kevin911

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:27:47 PM

news update, all of batch 2 should be shipped by end of next week.
which is the 2nd of may resulting in another failed attempt of a delivery. il believe it when i see it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: